Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Things We Did When We Were Younger

Things We Did When We Were Younger 5 months 8 hours ago #120159

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7327
  • Thank you received: 609
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
My father's weapon of choice was the belt. My mother's weapons of choice were the clothes hanger or the potspoon (depending on which part of the house we were in at the time). My weapon of choice was the defiant glare. Those were the good old days.

Now my parents' weapon of choice is to threaten to stop paying my tuition, and my weapon of choice is to threaten to drop out and take on some blue collar job. We're bluffing, of course...

At least, I hope we're bluffing.
I felt this in my West Indian soul….
My dad and I both have anger issues, and we used to both scream at each other, and once, he threw me on the couch, I just throw anything I can get my hands on, once I destroyed a heater. When we have a fight, the whole family is involved with keeping us from killing each other. Now, to manage my anger, I rip up old rags and scrap paper instead of destroying household items.
You could NEVER do that down here
Unless you were a suicidal pyscho...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alyssa4Jesus

Things We Did When We Were Younger 5 months 6 hours ago #120166

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3085
  • Thank you received: 439
KristytheCorgi wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
My dad and I both have anger issues, and we used to both scream at each other, and once, he threw me on the couch, I just throw anything I can get my hands on, once I destroyed a heater. When we have a fight, the whole family is involved with keeping us from killing each other. Now, to manage my anger, I rip up old rags and scrap paper instead of destroying household items.
Oh, wow. I've always been more of an angry kid, and I've always wanted to throw stuff and rip things up when I'm angry. But then the thought of the consequences I would get is too much to bear. Lol. I usually just swallow my anger and take it out on the things I love. It's really great to put it into my violin practice because I can sound even better because of my passionate feelings. Anger and joy are my strongest feelings and the only ones I actually show in public (I sometimes show sadness with my closest friends). Actually, not even real anger because I might end up yelling at someone. When I'm indignant, it's really easy to loose control. Loosing control is no fun because then you have to pick up after yourself, and psychological messes and a good deal harder to clean than physical ones. Just don't give up hope in controlling your anger. I understand it's hard, but if you work hard at it, it will get better as you mature. If you have trouble expressing yourself, maybe try cracking your fingers or balling up your fists to relieve pressure, then when you can be alone, punch a pillow. When I was younger, I would punch the air, and I found that it really helped. :)
...and Kristy's speaking from experience, I'll tellin' ya :lol:
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 5 months 3 hours ago #120183

Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
My father's weapon of choice was the belt. My mother's weapons of choice were the clothes hanger or the potspoon (depending on which part of the house we were in at the time). My weapon of choice was the defiant glare. Those were the good old days.

Now my parents' weapon of choice is to threaten to stop paying my tuition, and my weapon of choice is to threaten to drop out and take on some blue collar job. We're bluffing, of course...

At least, I hope we're bluffing.
I felt this in my West Indian soul….
My dad and I both have anger issues, and we used to both scream at each other, and once, he threw me on the couch, I just throw anything I can get my hands on, once I destroyed a heater. When we have a fight, the whole family is involved with keeping us from killing each other. Now, to manage my anger, I rip up old rags and scrap paper instead of destroying household items.
You could NEVER do that down here
Unless you were a suicidal pyscho...
I do have to admit, when I was nine, I had serious problems, whenever I had a big fight with my parents, I would say I'd wanna die. I'd hold my breath for as long as I could till I felt dizzy, but never went through it, obviously, since I'm still here. Sometimes those fights would end up with me totally exhausted, dehydrated and unable to walk cuz I was soo dizzy and sick.


Writers Block: When your imaginary friends refuse to talk to you.

YouTube Channels:

Stories of Faith: www.youtube.com/channel/UCudEpP-KJhonYokRNIMC6pg
Kute Kitties: www.youtube.com/channel/UCWEvdHXKaaITP_cGYgBRYaw
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 5 months 3 hours ago #120184

sci_geeek wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
My dad and I both have anger issues, and we used to both scream at each other, and once, he threw me on the couch, I just throw anything I can get my hands on, once I destroyed a heater. When we have a fight, the whole family is involved with keeping us from killing each other. Now, to manage my anger, I rip up old rags and scrap paper instead of destroying household items.
Oh, wow. I've always been more of an angry kid, and I've always wanted to throw stuff and rip things up when I'm angry. But then the thought of the consequences I would get is too much to bear. Lol. I usually just swallow my anger and take it out on the things I love. It's really great to put it into my violin practice because I can sound even better because of my passionate feelings. Anger and joy are my strongest feelings and the only ones I actually show in public (I sometimes show sadness with my closest friends). Actually, not even real anger because I might end up yelling at someone. When I'm indignant, it's really easy to loose control. Loosing control is no fun because then you have to pick up after yourself, and psychological messes and a good deal harder to clean than physical ones. Just don't give up hope in controlling your anger. I understand it's hard, but if you work hard at it, it will get better as you mature. If you have trouble expressing yourself, maybe try cracking your fingers or balling up your fists to relieve pressure, then when you can be alone, punch a pillow. When I was younger, I would punch the air, and I found that it really helped. :)
...and Kristy's speaking from experience, I'll tellin' ya :lol:
When my pets die or something happens that makes me sad or unhappy, I would usually shut myself away from that object or anything related to it and to everyone, it seems like I don't care and am angry. Like the time my dad was in the hospital because of pnemonia, I acted like I didn't care and it was nothing serious, even though I was really scared. My mom gave me a big talking to about how I didn't seem to care about my dad.


Writers Block: When your imaginary friends refuse to talk to you.

YouTube Channels:

Stories of Faith: www.youtube.com/channel/UCudEpP-KJhonYokRNIMC6pg
Kute Kitties: www.youtube.com/channel/UCWEvdHXKaaITP_cGYgBRYaw
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 5 months 2 hours ago #120195

  • Lightness
  • Lightness's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Atheist. Independent French music(some) are cool.
  • Posts: 2518
  • Thank you received: 59
I ate paper when I was younger. Not bad actually.


Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: Lightness#8110

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 5 months 1 hour ago #120204

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7327
  • Thank you received: 609
jodiaz wrote:
I ate paper when I was younger. Not bad actually.
What about play doh?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 5 months 50 minutes ago #120206

  • Lightness
  • Lightness's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Atheist. Independent French music(some) are cool.
  • Posts: 2518
  • Thank you received: 59
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
I ate paper when I was younger. Not bad actually.
What about play doh?
Nope.


Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: Lightness#8110

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 4 weeks ago #120211

  • JoyBaker
  • JoyBaker's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Posts: 2123
  • Thank you received: 184
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
I ate paper when I was younger. Not bad actually.
What about play doh?
I usually tasted anything that could fit in my mouth when I was 3-5 (Except certain foods :lol:)
So playdoh, paper, dirt, string, markers, a pencil… For the last two, I knew better than to eat the graphite/the ink from the marker.

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 4 weeks ago #120214

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7327
  • Thank you received: 609
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
I ate paper when I was younger. Not bad actually.
What about play doh?
Nope.
Heh a lot of kids do
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 4 weeks ago #120218

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3085
  • Thank you received: 439
wannabewritergirl wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
My father's weapon of choice was the belt. My mother's weapons of choice were the clothes hanger or the potspoon (depending on which part of the house we were in at the time). My weapon of choice was the defiant glare. Those were the good old days.

Now my parents' weapon of choice is to threaten to stop paying my tuition, and my weapon of choice is to threaten to drop out and take on some blue collar job. We're bluffing, of course...

At least, I hope we're bluffing.
I felt this in my West Indian soul….
My dad and I both have anger issues, and we used to both scream at each other, and once, he threw me on the couch, I just throw anything I can get my hands on, once I destroyed a heater. When we have a fight, the whole family is involved with keeping us from killing each other. Now, to manage my anger, I rip up old rags and scrap paper instead of destroying household items.
You could NEVER do that down here
Unless you were a suicidal pyscho...
I do have to admit, when I was nine, I had serious problems, whenever I had a big fight with my parents, I would say I'd wanna die. I'd hold my breath for as long as I could till I felt dizzy, but never went through it, obviously, since I'm still here. Sometimes those fights would end up with me totally exhausted, dehydrated and unable to walk cuz I was soo dizzy and sick.
Oh dear :dry:
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 4 weeks ago #120226

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3085
  • Thank you received: 439
jodiaz wrote:
I ate paper when I was younger. Not bad actually.
Frankly, I agree :lol:
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 4 weeks ago #120270

  • Alyssa4Jesus
  • Alyssa4Jesus's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 1727
  • Thank you received: 193
wannabewritergirl wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
My father's weapon of choice was the belt. My mother's weapons of choice were the clothes hanger or the potspoon (depending on which part of the house we were in at the time). My weapon of choice was the defiant glare. Those were the good old days.

Now my parents' weapon of choice is to threaten to stop paying my tuition, and my weapon of choice is to threaten to drop out and take on some blue collar job. We're bluffing, of course...

At least, I hope we're bluffing.
I felt this in my West Indian soul….
My dad and I both have anger issues, and we used to both scream at each other, and once, he threw me on the couch, I just throw anything I can get my hands on, once I destroyed a heater. When we have a fight, the whole family is involved with keeping us from killing each other. Now, to manage my anger, I rip up old rags and scrap paper instead of destroying household items.
You could NEVER do that down here
Unless you were a suicidal pyscho...
I do have to admit, when I was nine, I had serious problems, whenever I had a big fight with my parents, I would say I'd wanna die. I'd hold my breath for as long as I could till I felt dizzy, but never went through it, obviously, since I'm still here. Sometimes those fights would end up with me totally exhausted, dehydrated and unable to walk cuz I was soo dizzy and sick.
If you lived in Jamaica, you would have to tell me the type of casket you wanted, and where and how you wanted to be burried :side: :blink:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 4 weeks ago #120276

  • Kiv24133
  • Kiv24133's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Axolotls are cool
  • Posts: 1461
  • Thank you received: 54
I remember this kid telling me he shoved worms into his nose last night and while later the worms started to come out of his nose and there was blood al over his nose. Some how I wasn't scared I was like this is what happens when you do that.


( ͠─ ‿‿ ͡─)✌
If you say "That's a good question" pls answer THAT QUESTION PLS and thank you :)
Guess What
Nothing
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 4 weeks ago #120277

  • Kiv24133
  • Kiv24133's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Axolotls are cool
  • Posts: 1461
  • Thank you received: 54
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
My father's weapon of choice was the belt. My mother's weapons of choice were the clothes hanger or the potspoon (depending on which part of the house we were in at the time). My weapon of choice was the defiant glare. Those were the good old days.

Now my parents' weapon of choice is to threaten to stop paying my tuition, and my weapon of choice is to threaten to drop out and take on some blue collar job. We're bluffing, of course...

At least, I hope we're bluffing.
I felt this in my West Indian soul….
My dad and I both have anger issues, and we used to both scream at each other, and once, he threw me on the couch, I just throw anything I can get my hands on, once I destroyed a heater. When we have a fight, the whole family is involved with keeping us from killing each other. Now, to manage my anger, I rip up old rags and scrap paper instead of destroying household items.
You could NEVER do that down here
Unless you were a suicidal pyscho...
I do have to admit, when I was nine, I had serious problems, whenever I had a big fight with my parents, I would say I'd wanna die. I'd hold my breath for as long as I could till I felt dizzy, but never went through it, obviously, since I'm still here. Sometimes those fights would end up with me totally exhausted, dehydrated and unable to walk cuz I was soo dizzy and sick.
If you lived in Jamaica, you would have to tell me the type of casket you wanted, and where and how you wanted to be burried :side: :blink:
I like how ur already prepared.


( ͠─ ‿‿ ͡─)✌
If you say "That's a good question" pls answer THAT QUESTION PLS and thank you :)
Guess What
Nothing
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 4 weeks ago #120373

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7327
  • Thank you received: 609
Kiv24133 wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
My father's weapon of choice was the belt. My mother's weapons of choice were the clothes hanger or the potspoon (depending on which part of the house we were in at the time). My weapon of choice was the defiant glare. Those were the good old days.

Now my parents' weapon of choice is to threaten to stop paying my tuition, and my weapon of choice is to threaten to drop out and take on some blue collar job. We're bluffing, of course...

At least, I hope we're bluffing.
I felt this in my West Indian soul….
My dad and I both have anger issues, and we used to both scream at each other, and once, he threw me on the couch, I just throw anything I can get my hands on, once I destroyed a heater. When we have a fight, the whole family is involved with keeping us from killing each other. Now, to manage my anger, I rip up old rags and scrap paper instead of destroying household items.
You could NEVER do that down here
Unless you were a suicidal pyscho...
I do have to admit, when I was nine, I had serious problems, whenever I had a big fight with my parents, I would say I'd wanna die. I'd hold my breath for as long as I could till I felt dizzy, but never went through it, obviously, since I'm still here. Sometimes those fights would end up with me totally exhausted, dehydrated and unable to walk cuz I was soo dizzy and sick.
If you lived in Jamaica, you would have to tell me the type of casket you wanted, and where and how you wanted to be burried :side: :blink:
I like how ur already prepared.
Yes, I already my place reserved for my posthumous body
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 3 weeks ago #120392

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3085
  • Thank you received: 439
Kiv24133 wrote:
I remember this kid telling me he shoved worms into his nose last night and while later the worms started to come out of his nose and there was blood al over his nose. Some how I wasn't scared I was like this is what happens when you do that.
Ewww
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 3 weeks ago #120393

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3085
  • Thank you received: 439
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
My father's weapon of choice was the belt. My mother's weapons of choice were the clothes hanger or the potspoon (depending on which part of the house we were in at the time). My weapon of choice was the defiant glare. Those were the good old days.

Now my parents' weapon of choice is to threaten to stop paying my tuition, and my weapon of choice is to threaten to drop out and take on some blue collar job. We're bluffing, of course...

At least, I hope we're bluffing.
I felt this in my West Indian soul….
My dad and I both have anger issues, and we used to both scream at each other, and once, he threw me on the couch, I just throw anything I can get my hands on, once I destroyed a heater. When we have a fight, the whole family is involved with keeping us from killing each other. Now, to manage my anger, I rip up old rags and scrap paper instead of destroying household items.
You could NEVER do that down here
Unless you were a suicidal pyscho...
I do have to admit, when I was nine, I had serious problems, whenever I had a big fight with my parents, I would say I'd wanna die. I'd hold my breath for as long as I could till I felt dizzy, but never went through it, obviously, since I'm still here. Sometimes those fights would end up with me totally exhausted, dehydrated and unable to walk cuz I was soo dizzy and sick.
If you lived in Jamaica, you would have to tell me the type of casket you wanted, and where and how you wanted to be burried :side: :blink:
That's dark... :blink:
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 3 weeks ago #120411

  • KristytheCorgi
  • KristytheCorgi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • life's too short to be sad
  • Posts: 781
  • Thank you received: 72
wannabewritergirl wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
My dad and I both have anger issues, and we used to both scream at each other, and once, he threw me on the couch, I just throw anything I can get my hands on, once I destroyed a heater. When we have a fight, the whole family is involved with keeping us from killing each other. Now, to manage my anger, I rip up old rags and scrap paper instead of destroying household items.
Oh, wow. I've always been more of an angry kid, and I've always wanted to throw stuff and rip things up when I'm angry. But then the thought of the consequences I would get is too much to bear. Lol. I usually just swallow my anger and take it out on the things I love. It's really great to put it into my violin practice because I can sound even better because of my passionate feelings. Anger and joy are my strongest feelings and the only ones I actually show in public (I sometimes show sadness with my closest friends). Actually, not even real anger because I might end up yelling at someone. When I'm indignant, it's really easy to loose control. Loosing control is no fun because then you have to pick up after yourself, and psychological messes and a good deal harder to clean than physical ones. Just don't give up hope in controlling your anger. I understand it's hard, but if you work hard at it, it will get better as you mature. If you have trouble expressing yourself, maybe try cracking your fingers or balling up your fists to relieve pressure, then when you can be alone, punch a pillow. When I was younger, I would punch the air, and I found that it really helped. :)
...and Kristy's speaking from experience, I'll tellin' ya :lol:
When my pets die or something happens that makes me sad or unhappy, I would usually shut myself away from that object or anything related to it and to everyone, it seems like I don't care and am angry. Like the time my dad was in the hospital because of pnemonia, I acted like I didn't care and it was nothing serious, even though I was really scared. My mom gave me a big talking to about how I didn't seem to care about my dad.
That musta hurt you a lot.
Remember, it's just a bad day, not a bad life. Keep smiling everyone

-- Love Chill Music
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 3 weeks ago #120421

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7327
  • Thank you received: 609
KristytheCorgi wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
My dad and I both have anger issues, and we used to both scream at each other, and once, he threw me on the couch, I just throw anything I can get my hands on, once I destroyed a heater. When we have a fight, the whole family is involved with keeping us from killing each other. Now, to manage my anger, I rip up old rags and scrap paper instead of destroying household items.
Oh, wow. I've always been more of an angry kid, and I've always wanted to throw stuff and rip things up when I'm angry. But then the thought of the consequences I would get is too much to bear. Lol. I usually just swallow my anger and take it out on the things I love. It's really great to put it into my violin practice because I can sound even better because of my passionate feelings. Anger and joy are my strongest feelings and the only ones I actually show in public (I sometimes show sadness with my closest friends). Actually, not even real anger because I might end up yelling at someone. When I'm indignant, it's really easy to loose control. Loosing control is no fun because then you have to pick up after yourself, and psychological messes and a good deal harder to clean than physical ones. Just don't give up hope in controlling your anger. I understand it's hard, but if you work hard at it, it will get better as you mature. If you have trouble expressing yourself, maybe try cracking your fingers or balling up your fists to relieve pressure, then when you can be alone, punch a pillow. When I was younger, I would punch the air, and I found that it really helped. :)
...and Kristy's speaking from experience, I'll tellin' ya :lol:
When my pets die or something happens that makes me sad or unhappy, I would usually shut myself away from that object or anything related to it and to everyone, it seems like I don't care and am angry. Like the time my dad was in the hospital because of pnemonia, I acted like I didn't care and it was nothing serious, even though I was really scared. My mom gave me a big talking to about how I didn't seem to care about my dad.
That musta hurt you a lot.
That's how some people cope with pain or things that hurt them emotionally.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 3 weeks ago #120444

Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
My dad and I both have anger issues, and we used to both scream at each other, and once, he threw me on the couch, I just throw anything I can get my hands on, once I destroyed a heater. When we have a fight, the whole family is involved with keeping us from killing each other. Now, to manage my anger, I rip up old rags and scrap paper instead of destroying household items.
Oh, wow. I've always been more of an angry kid, and I've always wanted to throw stuff and rip things up when I'm angry. But then the thought of the consequences I would get is too much to bear. Lol. I usually just swallow my anger and take it out on the things I love. It's really great to put it into my violin practice because I can sound even better because of my passionate feelings. Anger and joy are my strongest feelings and the only ones I actually show in public (I sometimes show sadness with my closest friends). Actually, not even real anger because I might end up yelling at someone. When I'm indignant, it's really easy to loose control. Loosing control is no fun because then you have to pick up after yourself, and psychological messes and a good deal harder to clean than physical ones. Just don't give up hope in controlling your anger. I understand it's hard, but if you work hard at it, it will get better as you mature. If you have trouble expressing yourself, maybe try cracking your fingers or balling up your fists to relieve pressure, then when you can be alone, punch a pillow. When I was younger, I would punch the air, and I found that it really helped. :)
...and Kristy's speaking from experience, I'll tellin' ya :lol:
When my pets die or something happens that makes me sad or unhappy, I would usually shut myself away from that object or anything related to it and to everyone, it seems like I don't care and am angry. Like the time my dad was in the hospital because of pnemonia, I acted like I didn't care and it was nothing serious, even though I was really scared. My mom gave me a big talking to about how I didn't seem to care about my dad.
That musta hurt you a lot.
That's how some people cope with pain or things that hurt them emotionally.
Here is something that happened just a few days ago. Our chicks just hatched, and there was one with a head wound. I told them that he was gonna die, cuz, I knew he was. (He did die yesterday) Anyway, My sister and mom goes on to tell me how I don't care for living things and only fictional characters. I kept trying to explain that they were gonna get their hopes crushed when the chick dies, they should just accept reality. I just don't get my hopes up, and accept it, so then I don't get hurt again.


Writers Block: When your imaginary friends refuse to talk to you.

YouTube Channels:

Stories of Faith: www.youtube.com/channel/UCudEpP-KJhonYokRNIMC6pg
Kute Kitties: www.youtube.com/channel/UCWEvdHXKaaITP_cGYgBRYaw
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 3 weeks ago #120453

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3085
  • Thank you received: 439
wannabewritergirl wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
My dad and I both have anger issues, and we used to both scream at each other, and once, he threw me on the couch, I just throw anything I can get my hands on, once I destroyed a heater. When we have a fight, the whole family is involved with keeping us from killing each other. Now, to manage my anger, I rip up old rags and scrap paper instead of destroying household items.
Oh, wow. I've always been more of an angry kid, and I've always wanted to throw stuff and rip things up when I'm angry. But then the thought of the consequences I would get is too much to bear. Lol. I usually just swallow my anger and take it out on the things I love. It's really great to put it into my violin practice because I can sound even better because of my passionate feelings. Anger and joy are my strongest feelings and the only ones I actually show in public (I sometimes show sadness with my closest friends). Actually, not even real anger because I might end up yelling at someone. When I'm indignant, it's really easy to loose control. Loosing control is no fun because then you have to pick up after yourself, and psychological messes and a good deal harder to clean than physical ones. Just don't give up hope in controlling your anger. I understand it's hard, but if you work hard at it, it will get better as you mature. If you have trouble expressing yourself, maybe try cracking your fingers or balling up your fists to relieve pressure, then when you can be alone, punch a pillow. When I was younger, I would punch the air, and I found that it really helped. :)
...and Kristy's speaking from experience, I'll tellin' ya :lol:
When my pets die or something happens that makes me sad or unhappy, I would usually shut myself away from that object or anything related to it and to everyone, it seems like I don't care and am angry. Like the time my dad was in the hospital because of pnemonia, I acted like I didn't care and it was nothing serious, even though I was really scared. My mom gave me a big talking to about how I didn't seem to care about my dad.
That musta hurt you a lot.
That's how some people cope with pain or things that hurt them emotionally.
Here is something that happened just a few days ago. Our chicks just hatched, and there was one with a head wound. I told them that he was gonna die, cuz, I knew he was. (He did die yesterday) Anyway, My sister and mom goes on to tell me how I don't care for living things and only fictional characters. I kept trying to explain that they were gonna get their hopes crushed when the chick dies, they should just accept reality. I just don't get my hopes up, and accept it, so then I don't get hurt again.
Aww sad :( and it must be so hard that your mom and sister don't understand your coping mechanisms
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 3 weeks ago #120460

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7327
  • Thank you received: 609
wannabewritergirl wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
My dad and I both have anger issues, and we used to both scream at each other, and once, he threw me on the couch, I just throw anything I can get my hands on, once I destroyed a heater. When we have a fight, the whole family is involved with keeping us from killing each other. Now, to manage my anger, I rip up old rags and scrap paper instead of destroying household items.
Oh, wow. I've always been more of an angry kid, and I've always wanted to throw stuff and rip things up when I'm angry. But then the thought of the consequences I would get is too much to bear. Lol. I usually just swallow my anger and take it out on the things I love. It's really great to put it into my violin practice because I can sound even better because of my passionate feelings. Anger and joy are my strongest feelings and the only ones I actually show in public (I sometimes show sadness with my closest friends). Actually, not even real anger because I might end up yelling at someone. When I'm indignant, it's really easy to loose control. Loosing control is no fun because then you have to pick up after yourself, and psychological messes and a good deal harder to clean than physical ones. Just don't give up hope in controlling your anger. I understand it's hard, but if you work hard at it, it will get better as you mature. If you have trouble expressing yourself, maybe try cracking your fingers or balling up your fists to relieve pressure, then when you can be alone, punch a pillow. When I was younger, I would punch the air, and I found that it really helped. :)
...and Kristy's speaking from experience, I'll tellin' ya :lol:
When my pets die or something happens that makes me sad or unhappy, I would usually shut myself away from that object or anything related to it and to everyone, it seems like I don't care and am angry. Like the time my dad was in the hospital because of pnemonia, I acted like I didn't care and it was nothing serious, even though I was really scared. My mom gave me a big talking to about how I didn't seem to care about my dad.
That musta hurt you a lot.
That's how some people cope with pain or things that hurt them emotionally.
Here is something that happened just a few days ago. Our chicks just hatched, and there was one with a head wound. I told them that he was gonna die, cuz, I knew he was. (He did die yesterday) Anyway, My sister and mom goes on to tell me how I don't care for living things and only fictional characters. I kept trying to explain that they were gonna get their hopes crushed when the chick dies, they should just accept reality. I just don't get my hopes up, and accept it, so then I don't get hurt again.
Be real. Don't feel.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 3 weeks ago #120465

  • KristytheCorgi
  • KristytheCorgi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • life's too short to be sad
  • Posts: 781
  • Thank you received: 72
wannabewritergirl wrote:
That's how some people cope with pain or things that hurt them emotionally.
Here is something that happened just a few days ago. Our chicks just hatched, and there was one with a head wound. I told them that he was gonna die, cuz, I knew he was. (He did die yesterday) Anyway, My sister and mom goes on to tell me how I don't care for living things and only fictional characters. I kept trying to explain that they were gonna get their hopes crushed when the chick dies, they should just accept reality. I just don't get my hopes up, and accept it, so then I don't get hurt again.[/quote]
That's really awful. I've never really lost a loved one. Once a kid in my Pathfinder club died in a car crash. I think that was the one that affected me the most. He was fifteen and so full of life. I remember he would dye his hair bright colors. I also remember his sister. Same age as me. I never really liked her, but she was part of my life. I have a hole in my heart for that kid, even though I never talked to him. It makes me so sad to thing about the pain his sister had to go through.
Remember, it's just a bad day, not a bad life. Keep smiling everyone

-- Love Chill Music
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 3 weeks ago #120467

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3085
  • Thank you received: 439
KristytheCorgi wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
Here is something that happened just a few days ago. Our chicks just hatched, and there was one with a head wound. I told them that he was gonna die, cuz, I knew he was. (He did die yesterday) Anyway, My sister and mom goes on to tell me how I don't care for living things and only fictional characters. I kept trying to explain that they were gonna get their hopes crushed when the chick dies, they should just accept reality. I just don't get my hopes up, and accept it, so then I don't get hurt again.
That's really awful. I've never really lost a loved one. Once a kid in my Pathfinder club died in a car crash. I think that was the one that affected me the most. He was fifteen and so full of life. I remember he would dye his hair bright colors. I also remember his sister. Same age as me. I never really liked her, but she was part of my life. I have a hole in my heart for that kid, even though I never talked to him. It makes me so sad to thing about the pain his sister had to go through.
Yeah, I remember that... :(
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things We Did When We Were Younger 4 months 3 weeks ago #120528

  • Lightness
  • Lightness's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Atheist. Independent French music(some) are cool.
  • Posts: 2518
  • Thank you received: 59
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
My dad and I both have anger issues, and we used to both scream at each other, and once, he threw me on the couch, I just throw anything I can get my hands on, once I destroyed a heater. When we have a fight, the whole family is involved with keeping us from killing each other. Now, to manage my anger, I rip up old rags and scrap paper instead of destroying household items.
Oh, wow. I've always been more of an angry kid, and I've always wanted to throw stuff and rip things up when I'm angry. But then the thought of the consequences I would get is too much to bear. Lol. I usually just swallow my anger and take it out on the things I love. It's really great to put it into my violin practice because I can sound even better because of my passionate feelings. Anger and joy are my strongest feelings and the only ones I actually show in public (I sometimes show sadness with my closest friends). Actually, not even real anger because I might end up yelling at someone. When I'm indignant, it's really easy to loose control. Loosing control is no fun because then you have to pick up after yourself, and psychological messes and a good deal harder to clean than physical ones. Just don't give up hope in controlling your anger. I understand it's hard, but if you work hard at it, it will get better as you mature. If you have trouble expressing yourself, maybe try cracking your fingers or balling up your fists to relieve pressure, then when you can be alone, punch a pillow. When I was younger, I would punch the air, and I found that it really helped. :)
...and Kristy's speaking from experience, I'll tellin' ya :lol:
When my pets die or something happens that makes me sad or unhappy, I would usually shut myself away from that object or anything related to it and to everyone, it seems like I don't care and am angry. Like the time my dad was in the hospital because of pnemonia, I acted like I didn't care and it was nothing serious, even though I was really scared. My mom gave me a big talking to about how I didn't seem to care about my dad.
That musta hurt you a lot.
That's how some people cope with pain or things that hurt them emotionally.
Here is something that happened just a few days ago. Our chicks just hatched, and there was one with a head wound. I told them that he was gonna die, cuz, I knew he was. (He did die yesterday) Anyway, My sister and mom goes on to tell me how I don't care for living things and only fictional characters. I kept trying to explain that they were gonna get their hopes crushed when the chick dies, they should just accept reality. I just don't get my hopes up, and accept it, so then I don't get hurt again.
Be real. Don't feel.
True.


Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: Lightness#8110

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.349 seconds