Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: People with divorced parents !!!

People with divorced parents !!! 1 year 1 month ago #61170

  • Stverno
  • Stverno's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Posts: 820
  • Thank you received: 981
Prov17 wrote:
I guess I should say sorry about my post but I won't. People don't seem to pay attention to what I was saying. What I was saying was that I saw that DoikerDoik's parent divorced and remarried which is adultery. I had a problem with that as God does. Matthew 5:38 "But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery." I don't know the reason for DoikierDoik's parents for divorce but at first glance, it's a case of adultery. I don't understand how people don't get what I'm trying to say.

I apologize for seeming rude, but I don't believe you should assume before knowing the facts. Let's suppose that something happened in a family and one parent was abusing the other. Should they walk out of the marriage? Or should they stay and let the abuse continue?

Matthew 7:3
Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?

Once again, I mean no disrespect to your opinion.


@Servant
I apologize again for seeming rude, but that statement was quite rude in itself.
Matthew 7:3



NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
The administrator has disabled public write access.

People with divorced parents !!! 1 year 1 month ago #61206

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 631
  • Thank you received: 506
Servant wrote:
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
.::DoikerDoik::. wrote:
Kine are divorçd but im happy I see it as having a really big family cuase you got you dads side of family, then your moms, then you step dads so yeah... :P
So you're saying that your mom is remarried and so is your dad? God would not approve of that.

My parents are still together.
@Prov17 that is REALLY rude to say that!!! No one asked for your opinion about what she had to say and If she says she loves her family the way it is now.. God would Approve!! He wants us all to be happy!!
Yeah, he tends to be rude a lot.

That statement was itself rude.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, LolingforJesus

People with divorced parents !!! 1 year 1 month ago #61207

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 631
  • Thank you received: 506
Prov17 wrote:
I guess I should say sorry about my post but I won't. People don't seem to pay attention to what I was saying. What I was saying was that I saw that DoikerDoik's parent divorced and remarried which is adultery. I had a problem with that as God does. Matthew 5:38 "But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery." I don't know the reason for DoikierDoik's parents for divorce but at first glance, it's a case of adultery. I don't understand how people don't get what I'm trying to say.

Don't worry, I think I get it
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

People with divorced parents !!! 1 year 4 weeks ago #61284

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3544
  • Thank you received: 2905
Servant wrote:
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
.::DoikerDoik::. wrote:
Kine are divorçd but im happy I see it as having a really big family cuase you got you dads side of family, then your moms, then you step dads so yeah... :P
So you're saying that your mom is remarried and so is your dad? God would not approve of that.

My parents are still together.
@Prov17 that is REALLY rude to say that!!! No one asked for your opinion about what she had to say and If she says she loves her family the way it is now.. God would Approve!! He wants us all to be happy!!
Yeah, he tends to be rude a lot.


WHAT?!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

People with divorced parents !!! 1 year 3 weeks ago #61313

  • Prov17
  • Prov17's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Live holy as God is holy
  • Posts: 314
  • Thank you received: 296
Now I think I get the confusion. I'm not speaking against the divorce but the remarrying.

Servant, I didn't mean to be rude. I also didn't mean to come across as offensive about Seventh-Day Adventism.
Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for? -Leonard Ravenhill
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

People with divorced parents !!! 1 year 1 week ago #61768

  • Joy
  • Joy's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Aussie, Ausie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!
  • Posts: 93
  • Thank you received: 53
@Prov17, I can see that you believe that remarrying after being divorced is committing adultery. This may be the case in some situations, but from what I can see, you are putting everyone who is remarried after divorce into the same boat- that they're committing adultery.

I unsterstand that you have a strong viewpoint on this topic, but could you be a little more careful regarding what you post. The topic of divorce is sensitive for me (my parents are divorced) and I can't help feeling you are making assumptions and conclusions without knowing all the facts.

You do not know what happened in my family situation, and I would be extremely upset if you made accusations of adultery or said that 'God does not approve' just because you decided that it was wrong.

I come back to the reason why I began posting on this topic in the first place. When I first read your reply to DoikerDoik's comment I was shocked that you would make such a statement without even knowing the people or the situation. Even if you did, it is still not your place to say how God feels about the situation.

Remarrying after divorce is a decision that the individual must make THEMSELVES. It is between them, their spouse/future spouse and GOD. They must choose whether they believe that is is right for them to remarry. They are the only ones who have the right to make that decision.

I don't have a problem with people having their own opinions regarding marriage, divorce, remarriage etc, but I do have a problem with people making other people's PERSONAL lives their business. This may not have been your intent, Prov17, but it came across that way.

Please understand that I have no issue with you believing what you do about divorce and remarriage, my issue is that the way you shared your thoughts came across as extremely judgemental and insensitive, especially to those in situations similar to DoikerDoiks and mine.

Thank you,
Joy
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
― André Gide
The administrator has disabled public write access.

People with divorced parents !!! 1 year 1 week ago #61824

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 835
  • Thank you received: 989
Servant wrote:
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
.::DoikerDoik::. wrote:
Kine are divorçd but im happy I see it as having a really big family cuase you got you dads side of family, then your moms, then you step dads so yeah... :P
So you're saying that your mom is remarried and so is your dad? God would not approve of that.

My parents are still together.
@Prov17 that is REALLY rude to say that!!! No one asked for your opinion about what she had to say and If she says she loves her family the way it is now.. God would Approve!! He wants us all to be happy!!
Yeah, he tends to be rude a lot.
Now THAT is rude. It's one thing to think that, it's another thing to say it.
God allows us to feel the frailty of human love so we'll appreciate the strength of His.
~C. S. Lewis~
Ephesians 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

People with divorced parents !!! 1 year 1 week ago #61825

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 835
  • Thank you received: 989
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
I don't have divorced parents.. Tho they do fight sometimes but they're still together B)
Sadly, as long as 2 people live on this earth, there will be arguments. There are no two people on earth who have exactly the same opinions on every single matter.... The difference is between disagreeing and fighting to the death just because you don't see eye-to-eye. Has anyone watched War Room? Miss Clara made a really good statement. Loosely paraphrased, Everyone knows how to fight, but not everyone knows how to fight well. She meant that fighting like cats and dogs isn't fighting well. Letting God fight for you and be your defence attorney is fighting well :) doesn't mean you sit back and do nothing. You fulfil your responsibilities and do what you can but leave the rest to God........
God allows us to feel the frailty of human love so we'll appreciate the strength of His.
~C. S. Lewis~
Ephesians 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

People with divorced parents !!! 11 months 4 weeks ago #62001

  • Servant
  • Servant's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Serve God
  • Posts: 87
  • Thank you received: 59
bush possum wrote:
Servant wrote:
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
.::DoikerDoik::. wrote:
Kine are divorçd but im happy I see it as having a really big family cuase you got you dads side of family, then your moms, then you step dads so yeah... :P
So you're saying that your mom is remarried and so is your dad? God would not approve of that.

My parents are still together.
@Prov17 that is REALLY rude to say that!!! No one asked for your opinion about what she had to say and If she says she loves her family the way it is now.. God would Approve!! He wants us all to be happy!!
Yeah, he tends to be rude a lot.
Now THAT is rude. It's one thing to think that, it's another thing to say it.
Are you just trying to not offend people here? We don't exist to be nice to everyone you know.
Politics and the Christian faith should be combined. So I am now against Hillary as well as Trump. I can no longer support a homo supporting baby-killer. Nor can I support an unrepentant adulterer. God will judge them both.
~Servant
The administrator has disabled public write access.

People with divorced parents !!! 11 months 3 weeks ago #62070

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 631
  • Thank you received: 506
Servant wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Servant wrote:
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
.::DoikerDoik::. wrote:
Kine are divorçd but im happy I see it as having a really big family cuase you got you dads side of family, then your moms, then you step dads so yeah... :P
So you're saying that your mom is remarried and so is your dad? God would not approve of that.

My parents are still together.
@Prov17 that is REALLY rude to say that!!! No one asked for your opinion about what she had to say and If she says she loves her family the way it is now.. God would Approve!! He wants us all to be happy!!
Yeah, he tends to be rude a lot.
Now THAT is rude. It's one thing to think that, it's another thing to say it.
Are you just trying to not offend people here? We don't exist to be nice to everyone you know.

Nevertheless, your first statement was tactless and entirely unnecessary. @mapledyruphotel9 had already chastised @Prov17 for being rude, so no further input was needed. Also, while we shouldn't worry about whether or not our beliefs make people uncomfortable, we are actually called to be nice to people.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, bush possum, honeyflower, OUTBACK, LolingforJesus

People with divorced parents !!! 11 months 3 weeks ago #62164

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 835
  • Thank you received: 989
Servant wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Servant wrote:
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
.::DoikerDoik::. wrote:
Kine are divorçd but im happy I see it as having a really big family cuase you got you dads side of family, then your moms, then you step dads so yeah... :P
So you're saying that your mom is remarried and so is your dad? God would not approve of that.

My parents are still together.
@Prov17 that is REALLY rude to say that!!! No one asked for your opinion about what she had to say and If she says she loves her family the way it is now.. God would Approve!! He wants us all to be happy!!
Yeah, he tends to be rude a lot.
Now THAT is rude. It's one thing to think that, it's another thing to say it.
Are you just trying to not offend people here? We don't exist to be nice to everyone you know.
No I am not just trying to be nice to everyone here. But it isn't exactly a good witness to say categorically, Yeah, he tends to be rude a lot. I like to keep my friends. If we are supposed to be polite to strangers, we should be twice as nice to people close to us.
God allows us to feel the frailty of human love so we'll appreciate the strength of His.
~C. S. Lewis~
Ephesians 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

People with divorced parents !!! 11 months 3 weeks ago #62198

  • mittens92999
  • mittens92999's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Posts: 624
  • Thank you received: 330
You are exactly right!

Jesus wants us to treat others with love.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.


-15 years old
The administrator has disabled public write access.

People with divorced parents !!! 7 months 2 weeks ago #68348

  • Servant
  • Servant's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Serve God
  • Posts: 87
  • Thank you received: 59
Yes I'm bringing this back. Prov17 I hope this will be suitable enough to only say here that I'm sorry for how I treated you. I shouldn't have been a jerk. I hope you can forgive me.
~Servant
Politics and the Christian faith should be combined. So I am now against Hillary as well as Trump. I can no longer support a homo supporting baby-killer. Nor can I support an unrepentant adulterer. God will judge them both.
~Servant
The administrator has disabled public write access.

People with divorced parents !!! 7 months 1 week ago #68609

  • Maul10
  • Maul10's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love Jesus
  • Posts: 27
  • Thank you received: 10
Not true that is a very bad sin
I love jesus and I think you do so lets tell other people about him.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

People with divorced parents !!! 7 months 1 week ago #68611

  • Maul10
  • Maul10's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love Jesus
  • Posts: 27
  • Thank you received: 10
I support you
I love jesus and I think you do so lets tell other people about him.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

People with divorced parents !!! 7 months 1 week ago #68718

  • horsegirl04
  • horsegirl04's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Posts: 808
  • Thank you received: 342
Prov17 wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
Joy, sorry for hurting you, what I meant in God not liking that was DoikerDoik's parents getting married to other people.

You don't know the circumstances of their divorce, so it isn't your place to make that comment. They could very well have Biblical grounds, and if not, God is forgiving.
This is what I meant. Matthew 5:38
"But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery." It sounded like DoikerDoik's dad was married to another women and her mom to a anther man.

why God said that is because men were divorcing their wives for no reason, just because. I think it is still not the best choice to get divorced.

-- horse

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
#IMPORTANT #STVERNOISAGRIL #HASHTAGMOVEMENT
The administrator has disabled public write access.

People with divorced parents !!! 6 months 4 weeks ago #70386

  • dogluvergirl101
  • dogluvergirl101's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Shakespeare is awesome. Just sayin'. #theatrekid
  • Posts: 96
  • Thank you received: 100
I have a complicated family... One stepdad (my older sisters dad) that my mom was never married to, and one stepdad (my little sisters dad) that my mom is married to but they fight all the time. My parents divorced so my dad married this other lady and had my other little sister, then they divorced and I think he's in Florida rn I'm not really sure. So two stepdads, a stepmom, three half sisters, one of my half sisters has another half sister, and one of my half sisters has two half brothers.
"Art is when the mind shuts off and the heart takes its turn to speak. Whether it's music, paint, theatre, writing, or what have you; each heart has its own voice.

"What is your heart trying to say?"

- Aunt Katherine from énoument (a quote from a book I'm writing)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

People with divorced parents !!! 6 months 4 weeks ago #70388

  • Kwesi
  • Kwesi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Posts: 640
  • Thank you received: 1333
dogluvergirl101 wrote:
I have a complicated family... One stepdad (my older sisters dad) that my mom was never married to, and one stepdad (my little sisters dad) that my mom is married to but they fight all the time. My parents divorced so my dad married this other lady and had my other little sister, then they divorced and I think he's in Florida rn I'm not really sure. So two stepdads, a stepmom, three half sisters, one of my half sisters has another half sister, and one of my half sisters has two half brothers.
That sure is complicated. My mind was working harder trying to understand your post
Today, give yourself permission to be outrageously kind, irrationally warm, improbably generous. I promise it will be a blast
Sasha Dichter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

People with divorced parents !!! 6 months 4 weeks ago #70395

  • dogluvergirl101
  • dogluvergirl101's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Shakespeare is awesome. Just sayin'. #theatrekid
  • Posts: 96
  • Thank you received: 100
Prov17 wrote:
Now I think I get the confusion. I'm not speaking against the divorce but the remarrying.

Servant, I didn't mean to be rude. I also didn't mean to come across as offensive about Seventh-Day Adventism.

Hey Prov, I don't know if you still see posts or not, but I just want to propose a situation to you. (And everyone else, really, I think we could all learn a little from this.) Before I do, I want to ask that you please keep your mind open, and to remember that I really don't wish to be offensive; I simply want to know your opinion, as well as others, in this certain circumstance. I also say what I'm about to say because, if you're in agreement with it, I want you to remember that everyone's situation is different. There indeed can be little grey areas, life is not strictly black and white.

Now before I get too wordy, I'm going to tell the story of my mom.

So suppose a lady marries whom she believes to be a great guy, but he turns out to be rather abusive and they get divorced. I understand you weren't speaking against the divorce, so we're okay with things so far. But you say you're against remarrying. So simply because she made a mistake and married someone who hurt her means she's ruined the rest of her love life and can never find a man who will show her what a true marriage and what real love is supposed to be like? She did end up marrying my stepdad. Do you think God looked down on they're marriage simply because she had already been previously married to someone even though they mistreated her?

In a world of black and white, this marriage would be wrong. In fact, some people might view the divorce as wrong; she should have stayed with the first guy. Maybe God would've eventually changed him. After all, what's a couple years of abuse if in the end the guy changes and loves you like he should, right? *that was obviously a sarcastic comment*

In a world with a couple grey areas, a little room for understanding and for considering everyone's unique circumstances, this is fine. Nothing wrong here. It's okay.

It would not be good to have a world filled with grey areas, because then everything would be okay and all the rules could be bent and broken for one reason or another. It would not be good to have a a world filled with only black and white, either, because that would be very harsh in most people and quite unforgiving. However, if we have just a little grey, a little understanding, a little grace, that's perfect.

I hope I've helped you understand my view on the subject, and perhaps where the others are coming from as well. If you do not agree with me I want to understand your view too. And preferably with a bit more evidence and support other than just, "_______ is my opinion and that's that." And also maybe with more explanation than just a bible verse. Not saying the bible isn't good enough reason not to do something, but adding in your own words and thoughts can be rather helpful as to understanding where you're coming from and what you mean by your actions and words.

Sorry for such a long post...I'm simply tired of all the misunderstandings and bad communication on these discussions. If gave explanations, evidence, and kept an open mind, perhaps we could have more discussions rather than arguments and debates. Things the discussion boards after all.
"Art is when the mind shuts off and the heart takes its turn to speak. Whether it's music, paint, theatre, writing, or what have you; each heart has its own voice.

"What is your heart trying to say?"

- Aunt Katherine from énoument (a quote from a book I'm writing)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.419 seconds