Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Me

Me 5 years 5 months ago #3330

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
I have been in a number of interesting discussions recently so i wanted to clear up who i am and what i believe. I live in Australia and I truly love God, I know thatt i may come across as a bit liberal but I am not, I am a thinker, I love to think about controversial topics and have my opinion on them in accordance with what i see in the Bible and EGW. I believe that we learn best from the people we disagree with when we liston to their side of the argument because it helps us make our own understanding better. I apologise if i have been to harsh at times. I give no apology for my beliefs and i believe you have a right to yours.
God Bless
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13, DaughterOfGod13, $ummertime$adne$$, FootPrints14, Dreamer21

Re: Me 5 years 5 months ago #3351

• Daze
  • In posts I am a Supercentenarian
  • Thank you received: 302
Hmm I see what you mean, but we must not take the to the extreme to become frivolous with God's law and standards. I mean I doubt anyone would try too look on the other side of the argument, to see if nothing could actually be morally wrong with murder. I do agree that it is important too look on the other sides of cases too see their argument and such, for example Evolution. Evolution is a false theory on how human came about but must not completely shun the subject. It is important to learn about some of what they believe so that we won't be tempted later on to think that they may be right, and also use the concepts in their theory against them!

God does save us by his grace but if people, even his people, refuse to let go of their sins they he will have no choice but to destroy them along with the sins that they love so much. I am not accusing you of any of these things but I am just warning you that we must never become so frivolous when arguing about God's standards and laws. We must be united in them, not make a war over them, they are the standards that makes us a church. I am not saying that it is easy, especially when you see other Adventists not following the standards it can really discourage and even disillusion you :S .

But just remember that about a million Iraelites journeyed to go into the promise land, but only two out of all those original travelers made it into the promise land. God Isn't looking for numbers, only people that will serve him fully. :side:
The law of God, enshrined within the ark, was the great rule of righteousness and judgment. That law pronounced death upon the transgressor; but above the law was the mercy seat, upon which the presence of God was revealed, and from which, by virtue of the atonement, pardon was granted to the...
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by wwilliams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13, tim33, DaughterOfGod13, FootPrints14

Re: Me 5 years 5 months ago #3369

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 440
tim33, if you don't mind me asking, exactly how old are you? You sound at least 16.:)
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."

Re: Me 5 years 5 months ago #3486

• tim33
Daze, i see from other posts that you are homeschooled.. I go to a public school with about 1200 kids. I don't know how much you mix with nonchristians but as you can imagine i mix with them all the time. My experience has been that as you mix with them all the time most of the churches beliefs become your personal beliefs because your beliefs are always questioned. nonbelievers don't want to hear a quote from ellen White, they want to know how Christianity has helped you and what it can do for them- they want to know what you believed not what EGW believed. I think when you are always around people who don't believe what you believe it makes you have opinions because without an opinion on what you believe you will just be blown away.

This is why I say we need to have our own opinions.

God Bless

Re: Me 5 years 5 months ago #3682

• tim33
I'm 14 Berrygirl. Why do I sound 16? just curious
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13, $ummertime$adne$$

Re: Me 5 years 5 months ago #3829

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
Tim33, you sound 16 because of the knowledge you post to me. YOu are smart, God has given you a tallent for advice.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: $ummertime$adne$$

Re: Me 5 years 5 months ago #3830

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
I didn't mean to me. I meant that is what I think. Soorryr. LOL
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: Me 5 years 5 months ago #3934

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 440
Yes, Tim. You sound very intelligent for your age.
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."

Re: Me 5 years 5 months ago #3941

• tim33
Thankyou, you always seem to have good, clear advice too Godsadvicegiver11

Re: Me 5 years 5 months ago #3957

He does. We should give him the honourary title of Sage Tim! :P
Yo soy de El Salvador, mais je peux parler francais, but only because I learned in School.

Trilingual FTW!

Re: Me 5 years 5 months ago #3959

• tim33
You have good advice too Berrygirl
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13

Re: Me 5 years 5 months ago #3982

• tim33
Sage Tim? that could probably apply to lots of people
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds