Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Best Friend Blues

Best Friend Blues 4 years 2 weeks ago #33221

I have some best friend problems.

Now, typically when people talk about their best friends, they say something along the line of; "... we've been best friends for as long as I can remember." Sadly, that's not the case for me and my best friend. She moved to my school in my seventh grade year and we hit it off right away, becoming inseparable and telling each other everything. The only problem back then? She was a grade ahead of me even though we were basically the same age. That was about a year and a half ago. I'm now in the process of skipping eighth grade and becoming a freshman, mainly so I can stay with her. One of the problems now? I moved! It's only temporary, for the rest of this year, but we're still eight hours away from each other, not to mention I'm homeschooled and therefore have no friends here.

It wouldn't be that bad, really, if it weren't for the fact that she's.. Well? Flawless. Or as close as someone can get in my eyes. She's tall, maybe an inch shorter than me (I'm 5'8), she has beautifully tanned skin, curly brown hair, big amber eyes, and I swear that girl is one of the curviest people I've ever met (And she still manages to weigh less than me!). She's absolutely beautiful, and I'm.. Average. :/
She's also smart, which means she can spend less time studying and more time playing, and she can do sports! She's a killer basketball player, can beat just about anyone in volleyball, and she's not that bad in soccer either, while I'd be lucky to hit a Ping pong ball. So ask yourselves, what comes along with being beautiful, smart, and sporty? Guys. Lots, and lots, of male attention - I mean pretty much any guy with a working brain will at least have to admit she's attractive.

To top this all of, she's a flaming socialite. She's figuratively everyone's sister, mom, cousin and best friend, and anyone who doesn't like her can go shove it because she honestly doesn't care. Her friends consist of the most popular, beautiful girls in high-school and over half of her friends are the popular crowd of guys - and they're all hitting on her. She sounds too good to be true, right? She is. How I ever managed to land myself the place of her bestfriend baffles me.(Not to mention her family is basically the kind of family everyone dreams of having.)

Let me tell you why, after all this describing, I'm having the best friend blues.

There's no way on earth I can live up to her or her other friends. Firstly, I'm not beautiful. I'm not going to go dig a self pity hole for myself and say I'm ugly, but I'm a really self conscious girl. My hair never stays in place, I have slight acne, I'm never happy with my weight, my skin is pale and bluish in places, you get the gist. I'm the average teenage girl. I have zero hand eye coordination and therefore sports are never going to be part of my life style, besides, I'd much rather bury my nose in a good book. I'm not going to say guys don't like me, because there's always someone who likes you, but the only ones who I know have are much shorter than me and even more introverted than I. I can't talk to good looking guys for the life of me, and I'm just so shy and awkward. I can't even walk infront of a crowd of people without loosing all rational thought and, in terror, walk like a penguin with a broken foot and a serious back deformity. I'm not witty, I don't say funny things, I don't say the right things at the right times, I'm just not like her. My family life is also a total mess - my parents were divorced yesterday, I can't stand my dad who I'm currently living with for the year, my sisters can drive me up a wall, money is short, no one says I love you anymore, your typical American house life sob story.

And I love her to pieces, really. That's why I'm so afraid that she's going to loose interest or get annoyed with boring old me and leave me in the dust, and I'm afraid that if she doesn't I'll be so consumed with the fact that she's better than me in a thousand ways I'll end up resenting her.

What do I do? (And don't say; "Be happy with the way you are and love yourself, if she doesn't end up staying with you than that's her loss." I've heard that a million times, and frankly I've read enough inspirational quotes off of tumblr to last me a life time.)
~Nicole~
God loves an atheist more than a hateful Christian
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Best Friend Blues 4 years 1 week ago #33275

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2978
wow, serious story book post :ohmy: . i want to say i know how you feel but i can't. i'm not popular, nor do i feel very "beautiful" at times, i can play sports (haha, just kidding. i can't kick a soccer ball straight to save my life...well, maybe i can). i guess i feel kind of average, like you. ...not sure where i'm going with this...
The following user(s) said Thank You: SDAhorseGirl

Re: Best Friend Blues 4 years 1 week ago #33297

• Nickicole
  • Thank you received: 10
Wow, that's a lot! You know what, I think you should call her (if you can) or contact her in any way, then ask her how she feels about you. And once you go back to public school, you should hang out a lot more, so that people will think, wow, she has a really good friend or, I want to be like her, she's so lucky to be her friend, something like that. I also feel the same way, I say the wrong things at the wrong time, sometimes.
We are doing a project right now, and we're talking about being thankful for what we have, since Thanksgiving is coming up. One of the things that I said I'm thankful for is my friends because they are loving and caring. Since you say your friend is nice, you know, be thankful about her. You should also pray about it and see if God will help you (you can guarantee He will) or talk to your parents about it.
You get the idea, I have a whole bunch of things to help you, I don't know which one, but try all of them. I know it's a lot that I said, but I would do the same thing.Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Nℹ️c

Re: Best Friend Blues 4 years 1 week ago #33358

• Bribree
  • Thank you received: 158
Okay so I see, you have a serious problem here. If i'm correct you moved and you guys are 8 hours away and your home schooled.

You really want to stay in contact with her. So try to Skype and text and call her often.
Also, yeah family can be tough. I'm not the richest person either.

You don't have to care about what other people think about you. You just have to know that you are who you are. God created you this way. Don't try to change yourself. I don't call myself BEAUTIFUL or IRRESISTIBLE either. I just live life how I can and try to look as pretty as i'd like. Boys come to you. Don't feel uncomfortable or sad because you don't have a boyfriend yet. Trust me someday the perfect guy will come running for you. Just be yourself and try your absolute best to not worry about what others think about you. II really hope this helps you. :)
;) GOD ♡ U ...... I ♡ U
;)~Bribree~ ;)

Re: Best Friend Blues 4 years 1 week ago #33359

• Bribree
  • Thank you received: 158
Okay so I see, you have a serious problem here. If i'm correct you moved and you guys are 8 hours away and your home schooled.

You really want to stay in contact with her. So try to Skype and text and call her often.
Also, yeah family can be tough. I'm not the richest person either.

You don't have to care about what other people think about you. You just have to know that you are who you are. God created you this way. Don't try to change yourself. I don't call myself BEAUTIFUL or IRRESISTIBLE either. I just live life how I can and try to look as pretty as i'd like. Boys come to you. Don't feel uncomfortable or sad because you don't have a boyfriend yet. Trust me someday the perfect guy will come running for you. Just be yourself and try your absolute best to not worry about what others think about you. I really hope this helps you. :)
;) GOD ♡ U ...... I ♡ U
;)~Bribree~ ;)

Re: Best Friend Blues 4 years 3 days ago #33589

Thanks for the help everyone. I actually saw some posts a few minutes ago in which she, she being my 'best friend', is posing with the walking cliche of "queen bee" and saying things along the lines of: Bffl!<3

So that solves the problem, I guess.
~Nicole~
God loves an atheist more than a hateful Christian
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds