Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Friend Help in Public Schools.

Friend Help in Public Schools. 4 years 1 month ago #32569

• LegoGuy640
  • Thank you received: 4
Hello, Guide Magazine forums. Been a while since I've stuck my head in here, but there's a reason..... And I need a bit of help.

Recently, I've made the transition from elementary into high school. A public high school, where students joke about the most inappropriate, obscene things ever. Most of my friends from my elementary school before were good kids, (Yes, that was a public school too.) but now, I'm not entirely sure. They're starting to listen to bad music, cussing, and I feel like I'm drifting from my old friends, and from God.

I don't want to lose my friends, but more importantly, I don't want to drift away from God. And with stress from being in all sorts of advanced classes, I'm not sure what to do. High school without friends would be unbearable to me, and, my father, not being an adventist, will shoot down the idea of myself going to an adventist school.

So my question. What should I do? How do I handle this?

Thanks.
-LegoGuy640 (Zach)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Friend Help in Public Schools. 4 years 1 month ago #32691

• Emerl2
  • Thank you received: 151
your'e gonna lose some friends its invietable make new one and just say hey in the hallway to your old ones

Re: Friend Help in Public Schools. 4 years 1 month ago #32709

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
How ya' going Zach,
When I first went school it took me a good 2 or 3 months to get used to all the swearing and dirty jokes. After a while you get used to it.

The question I would ask myself is this: Are my friends basically good people?

I have friends that swear that I'm proud to call friends, they're good blokes. Swearing isn't everything. I know 'Christian' people who are bad and 'Unchristian' people that I would be happy to claim as Christian.

Some of my best, most valued friends swear, and they're the real deal. I choose not to swear and my friends know and respect that.

Re: Friend Help in Public Schools. 4 years 1 month ago #32789

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2981
Well, obviously,the first thing you do is pray. I know what its like not to have friends or to have friends that kind of ignore you so i kinda understand what position you're in. not having friends period is a very bad and tough place to be. But this doesn't mean to give in to their peer pressure. Stay strong for the God's sake, if not for your witness.

About the classes thing, I would suggest that you stop taking the advanced classes if they're weighing you down. Whats the point of being highly intelligent if your so burdened that you don't have the energy to pull the smarts out of your brain? I bet the first year of high school can be pretty nerve wracking, so hard classes will only contribute to the countdown for brain explosion. Like I said before, pray. Maybe God is putting you in this situation so that you can use it as a testimony for someone else who will be in your current position later on. You never know. And pray for your dad too. He's watching you,you know. He may be trying to see how strong your God is and if you'll crack under all the pressure. God has given you a golden opportunity to witness in all these areas of life. Take it.

Re: Friend Help in Public Schools. 4 years 3 weeks ago #33001

• mounty5
  • Thank you received: 27
Yup, ask God to help you get some friends, and pray for your old friends
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds