Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Racism

Racism 5 years 7 months ago #325

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 440
Sometimes certain people don't want to be friends with you, not because they don't think you're a good person, but because of your race. How do you react to this kind of situation, while at the same time displaying Christ-like values?
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheCoolNerd, sophie, -lakers, kevo is awesome, Mercylove

Re: Racism 5 years 7 months ago #761

Well this happens all the time at my school. You see, half of our school is black, the rest are peruvian, filipino, mexican,white, irish, german etc. Usually we get into a big fight about whos race is the best. Im filipino. The black people at our school always win when it comes to race because they say that black people control the music industries, the movies industries, the tv show industries etc. they say that there are no more cool filipino sinngers or stuff. what i think you should do is just walk away. You dont want to start a fight. you dont have to listen to what people think about your culture or your spiritual beleifs. You are who you are and you cant just let someone change you because of what they think
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daze, BerryGirl13, cynthia200, royalrichness, $ummertime$adne$$, mknz12, kevo is awesome, Quirky, purple_A, morgan9779 and this user have 5 others thankyou

Re: Racism 5 years 7 months ago #989

• maasai
  • sweet
  • Thank you received: 13
i agree with akward octupus but why people have to judge
how cute are these bunny
:*
The following user(s) said Thank You: AkwardOctopus

Re: Racism 5 years 4 months ago #6337

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 425
@AwkwardOctopus BUT I LIKE ARGUMENTS! D: Actually I kinda start'm on purpose cause its fun. I love arguments! Plus I win them a'lot. :) Once I beat my cousins friend in a argument and he was 17/16. :) Arguments are fun! :D
IM LOLING FOR JESUS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLROFLROFLROFL
The following user(s) said Thank You: cynthia200

Re: Racism 5 years 4 months ago #6403

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
it's probably one of the things that grates on me, I hate how people are racist, it annoys me a lot, I try to stand up for the person who is being racially bullied.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Preciousabby1116, cynthia200, Quirky, Roll Tide Man

Re: Racism 5 years 4 months ago #6509

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2962
i totally agree with akwardoctopus(cool name btw ;) ) but for some reason i hardly ever come across this type of thing (racism, i mean)
The following user(s) said Thank You: honeyflower

Re: Racism 5 years 3 months ago #7207

• tasha1507
  • NOW ONLINE
  • God, Jesus, Cats, Music, Pink = Me
  • Thank you received: 139
Yes, It does happen :( It happened once in church where some kids were saying loudly in class bad things about someone from a different race. I told my parents about it and they helped the kid. From then on the kid was always glad when he saw us as we helped him many times ;)
It also happen to me as well :( which hurt a lot. These girls never talked to me which made me feel really lonely. Unfortunately, 1 of them were long time friends with my ex-best friend. She knew that they didn't like me, most times talked to me but other times when she was talking to them and I was around, they ignored me and made me feel unwelcome around them. I stopped going there but sometimes we do go back and they do the same thing.
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by tasha1507. Reason: decided to put my own experience in

Re: Racism 5 years 3 months ago #7274

• sophie
  • i like life
  • Thank you received: 49
im white and one of my best friends is mexican :) his other best friend is black haha :)
where i am, there isn't much racism... in my age group. but in elementary schools, white kids get beat up and stuff. no one cares in middle school or high school, but the adults deal with politics and that causes friction...

:silly:
life is like music. there are good times and bad times just like there are good songs and bad ones. there is always a creator of the songs just like there is a Creator of life. and the music goes on even after the song stops. just like we will have eternal life in Christ.

GUIDE SENIOR CITIZEN ;)

Re: Racism 5 years 2 months ago #9116

ok, technically, i believe those black people are being very...um... how can i say it,foolish. black people were not made for tv, music, dancing, all that entertaining stuff. Every race should be able to look beyond that and be able to accomplish more things to change this world in a positive way, a way that God wants us to be doing. Im black, but that doesn't mean that im going to do what most others expect my race to do, I want to be a doctor. Help change lives, contribute to the world that needs help, but most of all, do what God wants me to do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ParisIs4_Me

Re: Racism 4 years 10 months ago #18815

Aarguments are fun when youre winning...

Re: Racism 4 years 8 months ago #22978

• Roll Tide Man
  • Romans 6:23
  • Thank you received: 230
I go to a SDA school, so there isn't really any racist people. I am friends with lots of people with different color skin. Some of the coolest people I've met were a different color!
Every time you run into a spider web, pretend its a finish line. It's kinda hard to be terrified when you're too busy being a champion.

Re: Racism 4 years 8 months ago #23030

i am black and i love it! i love having roots in another country (afirca, of course) at my church a huge part of our congregation is ethiopian. no one is racist at our church because it is so diverse. but i have a friend and some of her friends are racist to black people (they are white) i have never met them but my friend doesn't know what to do either. she wants to be friends with the other girls but she has black friends (like me) and she doesn't want them to be insulted. (p.s. my friend is white) but that didn't help to post my problem! oh, well. all i kbow is, i am PROUD of who i am! :) :cheer: :P :woohoo: B)
"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."--1 Timothy 4:12

Re: Racism 4 years 5 months ago #28903

How i react is YOU GOING TO JAIL NOW :angry: no im just kidding :P i don't care i pray and keep going on in my day

Re: Racism 4 years 2 months ago #31823

well take it to the point where it doesnt hurt your behavior

Re: Racism 4 years 2 months ago #31915

• Mercylove
  • October 16th I'll remember forever.
  • Thank you received: 186
Just ignore them. Continue to be nice, Set a good example! :)
Blessed Assurance! Jesus is mine!

Re: Racism 4 years 2 months ago #31953

To be honest, I have pretty much zero experience in this area(Which I would consider a good thing). I live in an area that is mostly white, with a few other races mixed in, so there isn't much tension at all. My school is so small that everyone knows everyone (which means we all have to mostly get along) and that doesn't really leave any room for racism. The only case where I think it could apply (and I wouldn't think of this in a negative context either) is with our Hispanic population, as they tend to stick together due to the similar culture, which I would consider pretty natural. I think sometimes this is what people really have in mind, we are all generally more comfortable with people who are more like us. I'd say the best thing you can do if you come across someone being truly racist is just try not to worry too much about it since they don't sound like someone you want as a friend anyways.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Re: Racism 4 years 1 month ago #32767

• lilly101
  • Thank you received: 8
Well for me, I just know that If they are racist, they are not the type of person I would be friends with. I mean, I may try, but probably not. I stick to people who appreciate me and others for who they are
That completely random girl ^_^

Re: Racism 3 years 2 months ago #40709

• honeyflower
  • #imasoutherengirlbutliveincali​
  • Thank you received: 174
I'm black and what is happening to people of my complexion is HORRIFIC!!! This black guy just got killing for leaning, yes I said leaning on a TOY, not a real one, but a TOY gun in Walmart!!!!!!!! This is the kind of foolishness everybody thinks happens in movies, but listen its real!!!! Ok, enough ranting and raving for now eh?
#HONORARYEMMY :lol:

Hi, nice to meet you! I'm me, but you knew that already. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tarheels

Racism 3 years 2 months ago #40763

• Sk8er4God
  • Allons-y!
  • Thank you received: 255
I will be helpful here
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
M-mental
A-abuse
T-to
H-humans

Just kidding I like math.
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds