Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Friend Help-Needed

Friend Help-Needed 4 years 1 month ago #32383

• nathan3000
  • Thank you received: 4
So, one of my friends loves, like really, he adores, dirty jokes it seems like. He is always talking about them and makes "adult noises." When he does that, I sort of halfway smile like I get it but it's not funny and whenever someone says something, he almost always thinks of it wrongly.
Example: (someone talking about a building) "Man that was soo big like I'll bet a million people could fit in there!" Then my friend would say something like "Wow, that's pretty big, but a whole person doesn't usually fit in that. It's only like an inch in diameter" (Just guess what he's talking about)
What do I do? Do I tell him it's not funny or just continue doing what I'm doing?
-That guy who does stuff-
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Friend Help-Needed 4 years 1 month ago #32574

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2975
:blink: , that joke wasn't even funny. anyway, maybe you should tell him to get his head out of the gutter or just stop hanging around him. maybe he'll understand that no body likes dirty jokes an if he keeps it up he'll have as many friends as he has clean jokes...0

Re: Friend Help-Needed 4 years 1 month ago #32690

• Emerl2
  • Thank you received: 151
uses variations of these phrases "get your mind out of the gutter", "shut up" (jokingly), "aww that's nasty"

Re: Friend Help-Needed 4 years 1 month ago #32707

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
Tell Him you don't like dirty jokes. I choose to walk away when the convo gets dirty- all my friends know I'm a Christian and normally they respect that- when the convo gets too dirty I just walk away- you'd be surprised by how many people will follow you.

My Advice, be his friend but tell him you don't appreciate dirty jokes and won't listen too them.

Re: Friend Help-Needed 4 years 1 month ago #32782

• Mercylove
  • October 16th I'll remember forever.
  • Thank you received: 186
Tell him you don't like it, and walk away if he doesn't stop. If he values you as a friend enough then he will listen.
Blessed Assurance! Jesus is mine!
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds