Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hey Again...

Hey Again... 4 years 4 months ago #29697

OK so a while ago I did a topic "HELP! I'm confused? WARNING: This will be long. Really long." and so many people replied. :) So I thank you guys for that; you really helped me. Anyways, the reason for this topic is similar to my last one. You guessed it. Catherine, aka, Cat. Last Sunday I was at Natali's house for a sleepover, and Cat called. She knew I was there, but she called anyways because she doesn't like it when Natali and I spend any time together, so she tries to distract Natali by calling her. I didn't mind, because Natali gave me another phone so I could listen. However, Cat didn't know I was listening. So I was listening to Natali and Cat talk, and everything was going well until Cat started saying mean things about me, unaware that I was listening. Natali and I looked at each other with raised eyebrows. Then, being the awesome best friend that she is, Natali defended me. I listened as Cat started saying meaner and meaner things about me, mostly lies about "what I had done to her". Two days later, Cat called, happy and cheerful as usual. When I didn't respond to her jokes and didn't say much, (being put off about what she said on Sunday) she asked me what was wrong. I told her that I had heard every word she said about me on Sunday, and I repeated some things she had said to Natali back to her. She was really quiet for a long time. After some tense convo, I told her I had to go. Then yesterday, she texted me, and when I didn't reply, she started calling me a baby and saying that I was being stupid. Finally I texted her back, saying that I forgave her for what she said about me, but I was tired of her doing that to me, and I thought it would be best if we went on a little break from each other. She replied back, yelling that she didn't want to. I told her that I would just have to ignore her then, and told her to please not call me anymore. And then I said goodbye. She kept on texting me, calling me names, and everything else, and I read them, but I ignored them. She called me nine times today, and I didn't answer any of them. I'm just so sick of her being mean to me, then apologizing, saying that she was stressed or tired or something. She'll tell me that she cried herself to sleep, and then when I forgive her, she'll turn right around and do the same thing over again. She doesn't come to church every week, only once a month. Well, next week is the first Sabbath of the month, and I'm also getting baptized then. She'll be there. I don't know what to do. Can everybody please pray for me, because I'm scared of what lies Cat will spread about me, or what she'll do to me. She's unpredictable. So if you could pray for me, I'd appreciate that SO MUCH.
Thnx,
Emily :)
Emily
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Foxy101, Mercylove

Re: Hey Again... 4 years 4 months ago #29921

I'm praying for you :) Try not to worry about it, especially on your baptism day. I'm sure Cat will move on eventually. If it gets to be too bad, you can always block her phone number by calling your service provider
"The winds of God are always blowing, but you must set the sails."
-Author Unknown
The following user(s) said Thank You: SDAhorseGirl

Re: Hey Again... 4 years 4 months ago #29923

• smileygon10
  • Meow!
  • Thank you received: 126
Can you block a sms user or report offensive?
Smiling for Jesus
The following user(s) said Thank You: cynthia200, SDAhorseGirl

Re: Hey Again... 4 years 4 months ago #29985

• Penelope009
  • John 3:16
  • Thank you received: 37
WOW. THATS DEEP. MAYBE U SHOULD GIVE HER ONE MORE CHANCE. I USED TO BE LIKE CAT MY FRIEND BUT THAT WAS BECAUSE I HAD SOME PROBLEMS GOING ON AND I CHOSE TO BE MAD AT HER FOR ONE TINY THING OUT OF A HUNDRED. MAYBE THATS CAT'S PROBLEM
GodSwag

Re: Hey Again... 4 years 4 months ago #30011

• DaughterOfGod13
  • Hawaii :) :) :)
  • Thank you received: 844
girl, remember something: Never, ever, EVER let someone or something steal your identity. You have put your character together with Christ's, you are becoming a new creation, you are absolutely priceless, and names, or lies or anything is not you! You are who God is making you. So what if she lies about you. So what if she calls you names? Your identity is in Jesus - don't let anything take it away! Forgive, love, hope, and have faith that God is going to do something amazing through this.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SDAhorseGirl, smileygon10, loveGod345, GodLover2000

Re: Hey Again... 4 years 4 months ago #30054

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
I'll pray for you, maybe you should talk to your parents about it.
Congrats on your baptism,
Tim
The following user(s) said Thank You: cynthia200, SDAhorseGirl

Re: Hey Again... 4 years 4 months ago #30160

@oceanlover11, I can't block her number because my brother is friends with Cat's brother, and he calls all the time to talk to Nathan (my brother). @pene009, Cat tells me everything. I know all her problems, from her family's money problem to something else that I'm not gonna mention. I know that her family might not be able to go to camp this year, and she acts like it's the end of the world. For her, that's her biggest problem. @ DaughterOfGod13, ... :blink: :woohoo: ...wow! That's really...awesome advice. Like seriously. Thanks :) @tim33, Thank you! My baptism was the happiest day of my life. I have talked to my parents, and my dad thinks that I'm right for taking a break, but my mom doesn't. She thinks that I should keep on being friends with Cat, but she doesn't know everything that Cat's done to me. Cat changed me into someone completely different, and not for the better. Thankfully, with God's help, I'm changing into someone better. But I don't want Cat to be close to me again and affect me like that again.
Emily

Re: Hey Again... 4 years 4 months ago #30192

• Foxy101
  • Thank you received: 118
Oh, I feel for you. I think you've forgiven Cat to the extent where she takes you for granted. So, a break would be good for both of you. If she spreads lies, don't go to people and talk about Cat - just show them wrong by your Christlike actions. They'll stop paying attention to her. I know it hurts and it's rough - trust me! If she tries to talk to you in person, be polite and patient, but make it clear to her that you will not allow yourself to be treated that way, even though you've forgiven her. You have boundaries that may not be crossed. I'm so glad Natali is being a true friend to you. Pray for her. And we'll be praying for you, too. Congrats on getting baptized, girl!! Woohoo!!! Stay close to God.

Peace Out!

M.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SDAhorseGirl, smileygon10, Mercylove

Re: Hey Again... 4 years 4 months ago #30250

• Micks22
  • Thank you received: 30
Ok extremley deep. But it's okay. She probably does have her own problems but if she tries talking to you tell her that she has no right to take anger out on you! It is mean and disrespectful. :huh: hoped that helped
Micks22 peace! :P

Re: Hey Again... 4 years 3 months ago #30793

• Mercylove
  • October 16th I'll remember forever.
  • Thank you received: 186
I know exactly what you mean. If she dosen't bring out th best in you then I wouldn't hang out with her to much. I will pray and just ignore her.
Blessed Assurance! Jesus is mine!

Re: Hey Again... 4 years 3 months ago #30803

I am new on here can anyone be my friend!!! (:

Re: Hey Again... 4 years 3 months ago #30807

Hey

Re: Hey Again... 4 years 3 months ago #31040

OK well I talked to my mom the other day, and she told me that Cat's mom drank while she had Cat inside of her, so Cat had brain damage when she was younger. Therefor Cat's brain doesn't function normally, and she doesn't think normally. So I'm trying to just accept the fact that Cat will never really be a "good" friend, and I can't take anything she says to heart. Thanks SOOOOO much to everybody who replied, especially on my last topic, that was the hardest stage of my life so far, and you guys really helped me through that. So a big thank you to everybody, and I hope I don't have anymore "Cat problems"!!
God bless,
Hugz,
Mep (my nickname)
Emily

Re: Hey Again... 3 years 10 months ago #34700

• poco1877
  • Thank you received: 36
Really! Tell an adult like your parents or teacher! The exact same thing happened to me but it was at school! Now I actually feel a bit mad that someone would do that to you! Tell a trusted adult if this keeps going on
Hi! I'm Katie.

Re: Hey Again... 3 years 10 months ago #34702

• poco1877
  • Thank you received: 36
Ok so I replied to this topic BEFORE I read this comment but still if she is doing that kind of things to you you still should tell a trusted adult because then she could get help or something! No offense to cat.
Hi! I'm Katie.
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds