Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hover Mothers

Hover Mothers 4 years 6 months ago #25927

• Wintergirl
  • Uh.. Wanna listen to music with me? :)
  • Thank you received: 177
Hover mothers are what my mom calls the home school moms who HAVE to be there in every aspect of their kids education, their kids HAVE to get the best grades possible, their kids HAVE to get into the best college. They are really strict with their kids' education. I just call them tightwads. :P Anyways, I go to a charter school so there's alot of kids there who have been home schooled their whole lives or most of their lives. I am taking a physics class at my school and we only get two hours a week for class, which is not enough. In the beginning of the school year the class had ten kids but now there's only five cuz the rest quit. My teacher decided that she would like to donate an extra hour of her time to teach a second class where we could ask questions on our homework and get extra help and stuff. She's not getting paid for it. She invited the moms of the students for the first class so she could explain to them whats happening in the class and get them on the same page as everyone else. My mom couldn't come though because we live in a different town and the gas would be too much. Everyone else's moms came though and they were talking with the teacher while us kids did homework. Well, these moms were SO rude!! I felt so sorry for my teacher because she was being accused of not knowing the stuff she was teaching and of not being approachable. The moms complained about EVERYTHING in the class and not once did they thank her for donating her time for an extra class. I was getting SO angry at them for being so rude and ungrateful. One of the moms said that she wasn't comfortable talking with Mrs. Hansen(my teacher) right then, so how could the kids be comfortable with her? I'm comfortable with her. She's a really nice lady and a very good teacher. The moms were saying that their kids weren't understanding the material we were going over and that they're spending like 5-6 hours every week on physics so it must be the teachers fault that they were not getting it, but I get everything that we go over and I usually do my homework the very last night and only spend like 30 minutes on it. I completely get everything. I understand it all and they don't even when they spend that much time on it? I think somebody's lying. I told my mom about how rude the moms were to my teacher and how they were basically bullying her and my mom said she's gonna send like a note or something to my teacher thanking her for what she's doing and clarifying that she's grateful that my teacher's there. I'm glad she's doing that because my teacher will really appreciate it.

I hate tightwads. :angry:
NeverLetDown~A.W.K.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite

Re: Hover Mothers 4 years 6 months ago #27126

TRUE Christians don't hate.
rosie ;)

Re: Hover Mothers 4 years 6 months ago #27162

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
I understand your feelings, but hate is a strong word. We are supposed to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us AND others. I know that this isn't always easy, especilly in situations like that, but your mother is doing the right thing. I can say that I dislike the actions of the other mothers, but instead of hating them, why don't we form a prayer band and pray that God will work on their hearts?
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SDAhorseGirl, 12pearlygates

Re: Hover Mothers 4 years 6 months ago #27191

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1215
I know exactly how you feel. At my school, one Friday, only about 900-1000 people showed up (I go to a big public school of about 1,500). So as you can imagine, the hallways were empty. Kids took pictures of the halls, and posted them on FB. The parents of those who actually went to school blamed the TEACHERS that parents kept their kids home. Is it just me, or does that sentiment make no sense?
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wintergirl, Quirky

Re: Hover Mothers 4 years 6 months ago #27255

• Preciousabby1116
  • The most precious book, THE BIBLE
  • Thank you received: 430
@Wintergirl Wow. How could they blame her for that?
And @TheJaguar how could they blame the teachers for that?!
Both of these scenarios sound totally ridiculous.

~Abby :cheer: ~
Abby loves you :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12, SDAhorseGirl, Quirky

Hover Mothers 3 years 2 months ago #40710

• honeyflower
  • #imasoutherengirlbutliveincali​
  • Thank you received: 174
Also as a side note please use periods and commas cause this looks like a tangled web! Sorry if I hurt your feelings,but it's true!!
#HONORARYEMMY :lol:

Hi, nice to meet you! I'm me, but you knew that already. ;)

Hover Mothers 3 years 2 months ago #40765

• Sk8er4God
  • Allons-y!
  • Thank you received: 255
Well maybe it's just you. The other kids might not find that class so easy.
M-mental
A-abuse
T-to
H-humans

Just kidding I like math.

Hover Mothers 3 years 1 day ago #42000

WELL I HAVE THAT TYPE OF MOM AND TILL NOW I HAVENT BEEN IN TROUBLE (SERIOUS)
I THANK GOD FOR MY WONDERFUL MOTHER ALTHOUGH SHE SOMETIMES DOES GET ON MY NERVES :woohoo:

Hover Mothers 2 years 7 months ago #45105

• Mp137
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
Umm... I wonder how many other homeschoolers have been offended by your first 3 sentences Wintergirl. Besides, as an Adventist, we shouldn't hate. I'll admit that some moms can get on their kids' nerves, but I don't think they try to, and the moms try to do what they think is best for their kids because they love them.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17, 12pearlygates

Hover Mothers 2 years 7 months ago #45214

• mknz12
  • Just another one of God's many beloved daughters!
  • Thank you received: 264
Oh it's ok I've been homeschooled all my life I'm not offended :lol: I get annoyed when people get like that too. Don't worry my parents aren't like that my parents r the best :silly:
////////////////////////////////////////

You keep me steady when the sky is falling
And I'll keep steady after You,
I'll carry on when my strength is failing
Take heart cause You're with me
So let the stars drop,
Whatever comes I'll be ready
You keep me steady

~for KING & COUNTRY, Steady
The following user(s) said Thank You: 12pearlygates
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds