Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Friends asking about sabbath

Friends asking about sabbath 4 years 7 months ago #25440

So I have a friend who goes to church on Sunday and believes the Sabbath is on Sunday. We were talking one day and he asked why I didn't do some stuff on Saturday, and I told him I'm SDA and that we believe in keeping the Sabbath holy. He started asking why we believed that if the Sunday was the Sabbath. I told him that I wasn't the best person to be asking questions about the Sabbath, but that I could get back to him on his questions. Anyways can you guys help me with maybe some bible verses talking about the Sabbath, I've been searching but I would still love some help, because I don't want to offend him and make it seem like I'm bashing his beliefs or his church.

Thanks A Ton,

Olive
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Friends asking about sabbath 4 years 6 months ago #25630

exodus 20:8-11
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

Re: Friends asking about sabbath 4 years 6 months ago #25725

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2972
Exodus 20: 8-11

Exodus 31:13, 16

Leviticus 19: 3, 30

Leviticus: 23:3

you can also tell him that Jesus kept the seventh day sabbath (talks about it in Mark) and that never in the bible does it say that Sunday is the Sabbath. remember to share all of these things in love. good luck!
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds