Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sociality

Sociality 4 years 7 months ago #24414

• flyman14
  • whas uuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Hi I am a basic shy person who keeps to himself. I was just wondering how do I become more social.
from the 14 year old with pie!!!!!!!!!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sociality 4 years 7 months ago #24432

• Wintergirl
  • Uh.. Wanna listen to music with me? :)
  • Thank you received: 177
Hey. Be happy with who you are. I'm pretty antisocial and I used to hate myself because of it and I was really depressed because I didn't have friends at school. I'm a loner and I'm proud of it. I don't want to be friends with or associate with people who don't have the same standards as me or are just plain superficial which is the case with most youth these days and that annoys the heck out of me!

But, if you really can't stand being who you are then just start talking. I dunno; just put yourself out there I guess.
NeverLetDown~A.W.K.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cool12

Re: Sociality 4 years 7 months ago #24531

get out if there is a special event attend it if there is a party attend (but be discerning about what you attend) it if the youth from you church are having vespers attend and also don't be afraid to talk to people :) B)
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

Re: Sociality 4 years 7 months ago #24988

• Emerl2
  • Thank you received: 151
Also a longer with tenuous bonds with people at school this is more cause of my misanthropism and dislike of my school.

Re: Sociality 4 years 6 months ago #25467

• Missy Dee
  • music is my sister; art- my brother
  • Thank you received: 57
well, i just read a book about a girl like this. she was quiet and withdrawn, and only talked in class to give an answer to a math problem. but slowly, as she became fed up with the problems of segregation in her world, she spoke out, and in turn caused others to do the same. she was the narrator of the story, and at the end, she says realizes that it wasnt a piece of cake speaking up, but the more she did it, the more she found she never liked being unheard.
maybe the same goes for you: it wont be easy, but if you do talk more and more, you will come out of your shell. practice speaking in public with one of your closest friends. maybe start with volunteering to do the speaking in a project with your partner.
of course, there's nothing wrong with being shy. only take my advice if you truly want it. if you do, then good luck finding your voice!!
-CheeriD :cheer:
keep praising to the One,

:D-CheeriD

Re: Sociality 4 years 5 months ago #27550

• SamanthaS.
  • Thank you received: 92
Sometimes you have to step outside of your comfort zone to meet new people. Even if it scares you to death, say Hi to as many people as you can. Always be friendly, make sure to attend Sabbath School every weekend, be in Pathfinders, join some clubs at school. If you're really good at something, target it! If you're good at playing an instrument, ask to do the offertoy or even special music! (also if you get stage fright, imagine everybody in a clown suit, works every time) :) :) :)

Re: Sociality 4 years 5 months ago #27568

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
Pray about it. Try to get out to church socials and things like that so that you can meet more people to become more social.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: Sociality 4 years 5 months ago #28079

• Hyperactive247
  • Psalms 34:7
  • Thank you received: 140
:dry:

Hey, maybe we are on the same page here.... I'm not much of a people person....

I can't have group hugs (Claustrophobic)

No kisses (Except family)

I don't like too many people

But I have a lot of friends.... with whom I just don't like to talk with in public.... (what I mean is with my other friends. ONe conversation with one person at a time!)
Let's eat some cookies together! *nibbles on spare cookie*
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds