Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I'm mad at my parents

I'm mad at my parents 4 years 9 months ago #21359

• sansa6
  • Thank you received: 5
Okay, so I know its not good to get mad at your parents. The bible says to respect your mother and father. But sometimes I get so mad at them. My dad is extremely over protective and doesn't let me hang out with friends or even go to the park. I feel like my house is a cell. A place to eat and sleep. Most of the time I'm in my room on my laptop trying to talk to my friends because I can never meet them out of school. So I asked my mom and dad if I could go to an event called Fire Hall that my local fire station was hosting. I had asked my parents a month in advance and they said they would think about it. Tonight I talked to them and my dad gave me a long lecture about how I was too young and that he wasn't sure how safe it was. I told him that there would be police officers there and fire fighters. At the end of the lecture his answer was no. I then said sometimes I wish you would stop treating me like the 5 year old you think I am, I'm almost 13! So I went to my room and started crying. I sometimes think of running away because my parents treat me like a little girl. They don't want to accept that I'm almost a teenager, not a little girl. Can someone help me?
-Valerie :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I'm mad at my parents 4 years 8 months ago #21665

• Preciousabby1116
  • The most precious book, THE BIBLE
  • Thank you received: 430
Well um... being that you're only twelve, I can understand why they wouldn't want you to do certain things. The world is not how we as teenagers see it. Everyday is something different in the news, the least expected. I felt the same way when I was your age about not getting to go places, but as you get older your gonna realize that they're not trying to make you live under a rock but they want the best safety for you. Maybe to go to the park you could let them meet your friends and your friends' parents so they can see if they are trustworthy. Usually if they know the household there's a greater chance of you getting to go places. Or maybe you can ask them why they won't let you go to see what you can do to get to go. Hope that helps.

~Abby :cheer: ~

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Abby loves you :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: kgirl98, Mercylove

Re: I'm mad at my parents 4 years 8 months ago #23032

wow...hmm that is a hard situation! right now, this whole thing seems like a big deal but later in life you might think you blew this out of proportion...i am 12 and my mom doesn't let me go places by myself but i know why. i'm too young and immature i don't know how to look out for myself and there are lots of creeps all over the place! (like demented people who do sick things to children...yuck :sick: ) anyway, just pray. realize that God gave you parents because they will lead you in life. trust me, their choice is best! and don't forget to honor your mother and father, so that you can live a long, happy life! :) ;)
"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."--1 Timothy 4:12
The following user(s) said Thank You: JamaicanNinja7, purple_A, morgan9779, Mercylove

Re: I'm mad at my parents 4 years 8 months ago #23067

• islandqueen129
  • I'm the same person as islandqueen101
  • Thank you received: 105
I know what you mean. I have felt the same way before too,and I know we are not the only ones!
We,(pre-teens and teens) are at an age where everything we see,and do, and the people we hang out with and the things we hear will effect and shape us for the rest of our lives.
I doubt your parents are trying to keep you from having fun. They just want you to be safe. I'm sure you have heard that before, but its true! I would rather be safe than be in danger but having fun.
Ask God to help you and try to compromise with your parents. Like see what they will let you do,and then go from there. That's what I did.
When all is said and done, more is said than done!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, bush possum, purple_A, Mercylove

Re: I'm mad at my parents 4 years 7 months ago #23601

• jesusROCKS1234
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #bluelivesmatter #IDontKneel
  • Thank you received: 166
well im 13 and i have gone 2 the gas station with my friends before but thats my parents your parents on the other hand are different. Maybe try praying to god about it and maybe tell your parents that gods gonna be with you and protect you where ever you go.
#bluelivesmatter #Idontkneel

Re: I'm mad at my parents 4 years 7 months ago #23698

• Foxy101
  • Thank you received: 118
Hey! I understand COMPLETELY, girl. I'm fifteen and a half. Our Pathfinder leader is SO controlling, like, she treats us like we're all two-year-olds and expects us to act like thirty-two-year-olds! :P
Anyway. What I see is that your parents are afraid of losing you. They love you so much that they are a little overprotective. Just hang on and pray for guidance. If you, with God's help, prove to them that you are much more mature than they think, chances are they'll start letting you do LOT'S more things! And don't worry, birthdays will come, and with them will come privileges. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: islandqueen129, purple_A

Re: I'm mad at my parents 4 years 7 months ago #24942

• legodude
  • Wassup
  • Thank you received: 97
dont worry just wait a while... I hang out with my friend (I have only one friend) at the school across the road (I cant now that I am back in stupid New Brunswick) and I'm only 11 maybe if the school is close u could ask your parents if you could hangout with your friends there
ROBLOX - DevCloud
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mercylove

Re: I'm mad at my parents 4 years 6 months ago #26589

• Mercylove
  • October 16th I'll remember forever.
  • Thank you received: 186
Yeah I'm, 13 and I'm not allowed to go places by myself. I understand. I either hitch a ride with friends or my parents take me. I do agree with your parents. I know parents can be over protective but they love you so much and are trying to keep you safe. Hope this helps! :)
Blessed Assurance! Jesus is mine!
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Mercylove. Reason: I spelled something wrong lol!

Re: I'm mad at my parents 4 years 6 months ago #26708

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
each parent is different. And like others have said, this world is just getting worse. It's not really safe, especially in certain cities, for 12 years old to be out alone.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum

Re: I'm mad at my parents 4 years 6 months ago #26709

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
I'll pray for you!
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: I'm mad at my parents 4 years 5 months ago #27549

• SamanthaS.
  • Thank you received: 92
Different parents have different ideas about safety. Some parents let their kids do whatever, and those are the kids that end up kidnapped, raped, or killed. Even if you don't believe it when your parents say their restrictive because they love you, they really mean it. Did you hear about those girl in Cleveland that were kidnapped for 10 years? That's almost 2/3 of my life! Imagine, if it happened to you, you would have disappeared at the age of 2.
Your family really cares. Personally (no matter how much it annoys me) I think that the more restrictive your family is, the more they care. Sometimes it does annoy me when my parents are annoying and restrictive, but when I look back only a teensy percentage was unnecessary.
Honestly, I don't really go places by myself. Sometimes my mom shops in the Womens section and me in the Juniors, but only with my cellphone. Even though I've taken 6 weeks of self-defense lessons, I still really don't feel very comfortable around strangers.
My point is, hang in there. When you look back, maybe you'll see that it WAS for the greater good. (it's the kind of thing where the place explodes or something and the only reason you survived is because your dad said NO)
Samantha

Re: I'm mad at my parents 4 years 5 months ago #28092

• Hyperactive247
  • Psalms 34:7
  • Thank you received: 140
Ouch.....

But It's okay, I know how it feels. My parents are very careful with what I watch--what I read--where I go...
I'm not allowed to go to sleepovers except for camping trips, and other spiritual or mind-healthful events...

It stinks...
Let's eat some cookies together! *nibbles on spare cookie*

Re: I'm mad at my parents 4 years 5 months ago #28909

• morgan9779
  • #BlackLivesMatter
  • Thank you received: 39
If you really feel bad about it talk to your parents.
{Morgan}

Re: I'm mad at my parents 4 years 5 months ago #28935

• JustMe
  • I'm a human.
  • Thank you received: 188
sansa6 wrote:
Okay, so I know its not good to get mad at your parents. The bible says to respect your mother and father. But sometimes I get so mad at them. My dad is extremely over protective and doesn't let me hang out with friends or even go to the park. I feel like my house is a cell. A place to eat and sleep. Most of the time I'm in my room on my laptop trying to talk to my friends because I can never meet them out of school. So I asked my mom and dad if I could go to an event called Fire Hall that my local fire station was hosting. I had asked my parents a month in advance and they said they would think about it. Tonight I talked to them and my dad gave me a long lecture about how I was too young and that he wasn't sure how safe it was. I told him that there would be police officers there and fire fighters. At the end of the lecture his answer was no. I then said sometimes I wish you would stop treating me like the 5 year old you think I am, I'm almost 13! So I went to my room and started crying. I sometimes think of running away because my parents treat me like a little girl. They don't want to accept that I'm almost a teenager, not a little girl. Can someone help me?

And I though I was WAY overprotected. You know, there is always someone worse off than you. I used to complain way more before realizing that. There will always be someone better off than you and someone worse off that you.
"How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real" – Jaden Smith

Re: I'm mad at my parents 4 years 5 months ago #28961

I don't know what to do other that just wait... I do know what it's like though. My parents are the same way I'm almost 15 and they treat me like I'm 4 and 5... :/ so I can empathize with you I don't know what to do though.
H.O.M.E.W.O.R.K
Half Of
My Energy
Wasted On
Random
Knowledge
:):):):):):):):)

Re: I'm mad at my parents 4 years 5 months ago #28962

ok @preciousabby that isn't really kind. She might be younger than some of us but she isn't a little girl. And I don't think its really something thats going to help anything by saying that she is.
H.O.M.E.W.O.R.K
Half Of
My Energy
Wasted On
Random
Knowledge
:):):):):):):):)
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds