Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HELP!!! (THIS MIGHT BE LONG...)

HELP!!! (THIS MIGHT BE LONG...) 4 years 10 months ago #18793

Okay, so my older brother is 18 and he is going to end up heart-broken and I'm just standing around watching it happen. And I can't STAND to see my brother hurt. Ok...here's the deal:
My brother, Zach, met a girl at a summer camp he worked at this year. They were both attracted to each other, but they swore up and down they weren't going to date because its against the rules to date other staff members at this camp. But, they couldn't help themselves so they secretly went on walks after the campers were asleep, held hands when no one was looking and stuff like that. After summer camp was over they both drove to each other's houses and met the whole family, and decided that they were going to date. At first, I was ok with it because I liked (let's call her) Jessica, but then I started seeing what she was really doing to Zach.
They dated for the rest of the summer, but as the summer came to a close, Jessica had to pack to go to college (at southern adventist univerity). It tore Zach to see Jessica go, but they told each other that they would write letters, call and text every day.
Even though they were miles away from each other, they stayed "together" for 2 months when something happened that made Zach's life flip upside-down. He was flipping through Jessica's facebook page when he saw a post saying, "Just sitting here watching the clouds go by, watching life go by is amazing...especially with him :) <3 <3 <3"
It turns out that she was dating another guy, and still calling Zach every night to say "I love you" and "Hows it going?"!!!
Zach didn't understand it so he ignored her for a week and he finally got a letter in the mail from Jessica saying that she didn't think they should be together any more, and that it "just wouldn't work out". Zach had given her his heart and she had just torn it. He was devistated for several months, and acted really different-like wierd/mean/aguing all the time. It scared me because Zach is REALLY talkative, nice(at times), funny, and yes, I admit it...handsome.
He wrote back and said ok and that they could be friends, but when she came back for Christmas break she wanted to get BACK TOGETHER WITH HIM!! She said "oh I made a mistake, I miss you. Can you forgive me?" and batted her eye lashes and viola! They're now back together...
My best friend knows Jessica very well and she says Jessica is known for being a big flirt at her old highschool.
I'm just afraid that my brother is going to get hurt again and she's just playing a game while my brother's heart is being destroyed.
I have to bite my tongue from e-mailing her and telling her a piece of my mind every single week, but what hurts the most is that Jessica and I were friends (when I worked up at camp with the horses) before she was Zach's girlfriend. And it seems like she just used me to get to my brother. I know I probably can't DO anything...and that stinks, but I can't just watch what's happening without doing something. Everybody is telling Zach that Jessica is trouble-but he just doesn't listen. What should I do?? I feel like I should do something because she was my friend before she was Zach's. HELP!!
:)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: honeyflower

Re: HELP!!! (THIS MIGHT BE LONG...) 4 years 10 months ago #18970

• MonikaJon
  • Thank you received: 26
Okaaay, so i don't think i can really give you any advice. Try praying about it and tell your brother everything. That's all i can say :)

Re: HELP!!! (THIS MIGHT BE LONG...) 4 years 10 months ago #18974

• aly
  • Thank you received: 18
That sounds like a friend of mine. She was my best friend until two new girls showed up in third grade. Then she dumped me, and befriended the new girls (okay, I was friends with them two, but not as close as the first girl!). after a while, the first girl came back to being my friend, but now she lies, bullies people and is a total control freak! :( when ever I find out she lied to me, she gives me a smirky smile, presses her lips together, and says," Yea, so?" I find my help from American Girl. I don't Know if this will help or not, but try it.

Re: HELP!!! (THIS MIGHT BE LONG...) 4 years 10 months ago #19022

• JustMe
  • I'm a human.
  • Thank you received: 188
Mabye u should TELL ur bro.
"How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real" – Jaden Smith

Re: HELP!!! (THIS MIGHT BE LONG...) 4 years 10 months ago #19181

• dancer4god
  • I love God!
  • Thank you received: 279
PRAY!!! PRAY!!! PRAY!!! PRAY!!! PRAY!!! PRAY!!! PRAY!!! PRAY!!! PRAY!!! PRAY!!! PRAY!!! PRAY!!!

I can't stress that enough, and not just because that's the only advice I can give. Pray that God will help you to see the best course of action, that your brother will (sorry if I offend you or him) come to his senses, that the girl will stop hurting him. That's pretty much all the advice I have.
~God's love, wack-a-doodles, and fluffy poodles~

Re: HELP!!! (THIS MIGHT BE LONG...) 4 years 10 months ago #19441

Wow that must be tough. I think you should tell him, and if he gets mad at you and ignores what you're saying, he's gonna have to find out the hard way. It might sound harsh, but it's really the only thing you can do besides PRAY. This same thing happened to my brother except with a friend and not with a girlfriend. His friend would be nice when he didn't have his other friends around, and then he would ditch him when there was other guys around.
Emily

Re: HELP!!! (THIS MIGHT BE LONG...) 4 years 10 months ago #19728

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
Pray for them, realise that your brother loves her and will probably not listen to you. He will have to deal with whatever happens, If something happens you can be there for him, to help him.
God Bless and I'll pray for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: booklover64

Re: HELP!!! (THIS MIGHT BE LONG...) 4 years 9 months ago #21539

Thanks for the advice guys!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :woohoo: I prayed about it ALOT.... and randomly they split up before I even did ANYTHING!!!!! God was definately behind it all :). A week later I emailed "Jessica" and we talked it all out. It was awkward at first but it got better....I nicely told her that what she did to my brother was not ok but that I still loved and respected her, and that there are no hard feelings. She said that she felt bad for going behind his back and that she hoped he would find a girl that would be better for him (and it turns out that she hated being in that relationship). And my brother...let's just say he learned from that experiance and has a new girlfriend that is a much better match for him. :) Everything turned out ok...though a couple people are still mad at Jessica...like my mom. 8-]
Thanks again everybody!!!!
:)
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds