Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Emotionless...

Emotionless... 4 years 10 months ago #18534

• Hyperactive247
  • Psalms 34:7
  • Thank you received: 140
I moved into seven houses, moved into three schools (I'm home schooling right now), moved into six churches, moved into four different states and AM LIVING where ALL of the family I know lives on the OTHER SIDE of the country.
I think I am so used to moving, or leaving something very special to me that I can't cry anymore. I want to cry, I even try to make myself cry. I want to be sympathetic, but I CAN'T.
Last year, my school closed down from lack of students. My friends, (In which almost all of them had been there since kindergarten) were heart broken, some of us would have to separate with the slight hope we would see each other in the future. But I couldn't feel anything. My heart was broken so many times that I was used to this kind of pain. I loved the school; in fact, this was the best school that I ever had. But I felt NOTHING.
I explained this to my mom one day, and she nodded and understood.

Has anyone felt like they were... Emotionless?
Let's eat some cookies together! *nibbles on spare cookie*
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Emotionless... 4 years 10 months ago #19379

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2975
well...no, not really. although my family has stayed in the same state and city since i was born, we moved a lot. the longest we stayed in a house was three years. i guess it makes sense that you dont feel sad anymore because, well, think about it. if someone continued to hurt you (emotionally) over and over again, you would eventually stop feeling the pain. i'm not sure if its bad to not feel sad about those things anymore...i guess you just need to pray about it and ask God for help :)

Re: Emotionless... 4 years 10 months ago #19457

well the school i went to for 6 years was hit by a tornado it is still standing but we couldnt go inside because of all the milldew than the church ive been to all my life is put up for sale. now we have to travel 30 min to the closed church i know that is basicaly nothing compared to u guys but i miss it. :unsure:
:)

Re: Emotionless... 4 years 10 months ago #19477

• dancer4god
  • I love God!
  • Thank you received: 279
I have. I've lost a grandfather when I was a toddler, a grandmother when I was a kid, a grandmother as an early teen, and a great-grandmother as a teen. I've felt sad and all, but even though I feel like I should, I haven't really cried. I honestly don't understand it. And I don't really know how to explain it, especially because every time it happened my mom would ask me if I needed to cry, and I would let her hold me and all. But I never really cried. I don't know why...
~God's love, wack-a-doodles, and fluffy poodles~

Re: Emotionless... 4 years 10 months ago #19502

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
Pray! God will help you! I know that that would be hard, because I have moved some also. Have you tried talking to another trusted adult like a pastor or teacher that you trust and feel open with?
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: Emotionless... 4 years 10 months ago #19559

• godsgreat
  • GODSKID
  • Thank you received: 120
wow you need to pray
I AM ..................AWESOME

Re: Emotionless... 4 years 10 months ago #19611

• Hadassa
  • Thank you received: 244
maybe your tears ran out... jk! but it's probably normal. y'know, hormones, hormonal inbalance of teenagers and pre-teens..... that kind of stuff may be an explanation
:D

Re: Emotionless... 4 years 9 months ago #19722

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
everyone reacts differently to situations- don't be worried if you react differently to other people.
Godsadvicegiver11 is right, if you are worried about it, talk to your parents or someone you trust.

Re: Emotionless... 4 years 9 months ago #19773

• jreteenmom
  • Thank you received: 338
HI,

It's not unusual for people to have a decrease in emotional responses to a situation that happens repeatedly. This is called desensitization and can be a good thing or a bad thing.

The good thing is that desensitization helps us avoid the misery of being repeatedly hurt. But as you note, it sometimes seems odd to be unable to feel an emotion when you want to.

The reality is that you can learn to experience these emotions in a different way. Although you may not cry or scream as you might expect, you can make a conscious effort to express your emotions. Try writing a story, journaling or even writing a song about it. You can share this with someone you trust (like your mom) or just keep it between you and God. In either case, you will have expressed those feelings that don't seem to come out any other way.

Dr. C
Dr. C

Re: Emotionless... 4 years 9 months ago #20058

• Hyperactive247
  • Psalms 34:7
  • Thank you received: 140
Yeah, I have tried all of your suggestions, and I do write songs and stories. I pray to God so that I could feel something. But I guess me having desensitization probably helps me deal with things that would happen in the future. Thanks guys. You can write more suggestions for me if you'd like :)
Let's eat some cookies together! *nibbles on spare cookie*

Re: Emotionless... 4 years 2 weeks ago #33193

• booklover64
  • Happy am I, Jesus is mine forever, never to leave~
  • Thank you received: 14
Sometimes I wish I could be! No, jk... kind of.
Anyways, I can't say I have ever been in your shoes, I'm always the type who gets like heart-broken over anything changing, but I keep it inside. I understand what you're saying, though. Pray about it! <3
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds