Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Women Pastors?

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #9199

• Hyperactive247
  • Psalms 34:7
  • Thank you received: 140
Last week, my dad had a sermon on women pastors. I think he is right. My church has a website... I think it has some recordings and a video in there.
www.norwalksda.org/
Let's eat some cookies together! *nibbles on spare cookie*
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Hyperactive247.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: noble240

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #9234

i think that god can use anyone for his service....no matter what gender, if you are called you should serve :)
<3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hyperactive247, Godsadvicegiver12, Mercylove, rainbowcloud

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #9242

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
Hyperactive, was he in favour of women ordination or not?

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #9266

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
volleyballgirl15, That is basically what my pastor told me when I asked him. He gave me alot to think about about the subject, and had me read a long article. It helped a lot.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #9283

• Hyperactive247
  • Psalms 34:7
  • Thank you received: 140
tim33, he wasn't in favor. As a pastor, he had to respect that the General Conference said "No" to women's ordination. But he did make one statement that I think we all should think about. GOD ordinates anyone he wants to. You will know that God ordinated someone if the spirit is with them. Remember, in Acts Chapter 8,10,and 15, and other places around there, God didn't care if the people were gentiles, remember? But they had this same dispute that we are having, except for gentiles. I don't understand why the General Conference said no, but I do understand that God ordinates WHOEVER he wants to.

I don't know if you will agree with me, but that is my conclusion.
Let's eat some cookies together! *nibbles on spare cookie*
The following user(s) said Thank You: noble240, Godsadvicegiver12, trio3, AWESOMEPERSON

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #9350

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1213
Well he was really answering on behalf of the general conference as the general conference is set to vote on the matter and didn't want to appear biased
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #9905

• Living4Christ.
  • God is a Lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
  • Thank you received: 119
Who ever is on fire for God should be allowed to be ordained in ministry. Unfortunately some people don't think so.. :angry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: happygirl11234, Hyperactive247, mknz12, Mercylove

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #9945

I think in our country and culture it is acceptable. There are already tons of women speaking in the church, just without the title. I've also known several female pastors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mercylove

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #9949

tim33 wrote:
Here are some texts I got off Christ or culture:

While it is understood that God has always used gifted women to teach, preach, prophesy, and minister, the scriptures do make a clear distinction in the spiritual roles of men and women.

This list of Bible facts is not meant as a complete argument for or against the ordination of women, but rather to provide a big-picture panorama of biblical benchmarks to help those researching the matter for themselves.

1). Following sin in the garden of Eden, God established male spiritual leadership within the family and church. See Genesis 3:16; 1 Timothy 2:13.

2). Only men were ever authorized to officiate in the offering of sacrifice. See Genesis 8:20; Job 1:5; Hebrews 11:4.

3). While the Lord called on the entire nation of Israel to be a kingdom of priests, only men were appointed to serve as priests for the sanctuary. See Exodus 12:3; 29:10.

4). Only men were anointed by God to serve as kings of Israel and Judah. One woman tried to forcibly install herself as a queen by killing her grandsons; she was later executed. See 2 Kings 11:1-13.

5). The New Testament begins by tracing the genealogy of Jesus through the male lineage. (Four famous women are mentioned in connection with their husbands.) See Matthew 1:1.

6). While Jesus desired that women share the gospel, He called only men to serve in the capacity of apostle. When Judas died, his replacement was chosen from among two men. See Mark 3:14; Acts 1:21.

7). While both men and women were baptized, only men are recorded as performing baptisms. See Acts 8:12; Acts 8:38.

8). The first seven deacons ordained to administrate and preach were all men. See Acts 6:3.

9). As Paul went from town to town appointing/ordaining elders, he chose only men. See 1 Timothy 3:2; Titus 1:5.

10). While two books in the Bible are named after women, most commentators agree all the books in the Bible were written by men. See 2 Peter 1:21.

11). There are seven examples in Scripture of women giving birth in connection with a miracle; all these miracle babies were male children who typified Christ. The mothers are Hannah, Sarah, Rebekah, Rachael, Manoah’s wife, the Shunammite women, and Elizabeth.

12). All patriarchal blessings were passed down from the fathers to the sons. See Genesis 27:4; Genesis 48:9.

Almost all of these verses are contextual, back in that era it would not have been acceptable for a women to be in those positions (and few had the ability to read and write) my feeling is that men were given charge because they didn't want to cause division, they didn't want to turn people away from the gospel by doing something that would almost certainly have been considered wrong to people of that time. Things have changed significantly now and in our country it is acceptable for women to hold positions of authority. The secretary of state has been a woman for the last three terms (Condoleeza Rice followed by Hilary Clinton). In other parts of the world however this would cause conflict and division.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim33

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #9958

• Laughter101
  • 'ello!
  • Thank you received: 31
You guys who are against women ordination because the Bible says so HAVE to understand that it was a VERY different society and culture.
The way that you're thinking about the women ordination means that we would also have to follow every single rule that is written in Leviticus. But you aren't going to do that, right?
Because, first of all, the culture was DIFFERENT. And, second of all, Jesus died on the cross so that we wouldn't have to make sacrifices and do all that stuff anymore. In the same way he said in the future, women would also prophesy.
And now that women are treated than more just THINGS in OUR society and culture, God is also able to use women to preach!
If GOD calls a woman to be a pastor because she has the passion and ability, are going to deny her that privilege? If you are, what you are also doing is disobeying God.
And what happened to all man being created equal?
I like Green Tea and Jazz. :3
The following user(s) said Thank You: stone, mknz12, Sportzgurl, Mercylove

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #9959

• Laughter101
  • 'ello!
  • Thank you received: 31
Yes I am against ordination. Ordination comes from Roman Politics. In Roman times when they appointed a new political leader they would ordain them. So as we can see its origin comes from paganism. This is why ordination should not be used in the church at all. We should do away with ordination for men and women. This is politics and it is creating a hierarchy and politics in the church. this is not biblical. The Biblical way is to lay hands on the disciples to empower them to go preach the gospel. Women are spiritual beings just a men are. Lets stop this women discrimination in the church. The bible tells men to not treat their women harshly if they want their prayers to be heard. If men treat women harshly in any way, that is socially, emotionaly, or physically, they are not doing God's will and they are just imposers. They are not in the light. They are liars. You cannot be a minister and treat others harshly. So lets take ordination away from all ministers in the Adventist Church. We are all responsible to take the Gospel not only men. The rest is just politics. IT is plainly disgusting.

(My mom wrote this after I told her about the petition Doug Batchelor is having. ^_^)
I like Green Tea and Jazz. :3

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #9962

• DaughterOfGod13
  • Hawaii :) :) :)
  • Thank you received: 844
OK, I'm actually impressed with you guys! I think this is one of the few topics, discussing an issue like this one, and doing it without 'fighting'.
Keep it up!
I think that God wants men to be the leaders in the church. BUT, sometimes men don't accept God's call, so He has to use women. For example, when Ellen G. White was called, before that, God had called a man to work for Him, but the man refused to accept God's calling, so He chose a woman. SO I think that in general, men should be used to lead the church, but when men ignore God's calling, God will use women!
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2, noble240, Hyperactive247, Hadassa, mknz12, Godsadvicegiver12, trio3, purple_A

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #9965

• reneejada
  • Thank you received: 13
I personally believe that anyone who is available to preach should preach God's word, even if they are women. The Bible had prophets and prophetess. People think badly on women preachers because in their minds women need to listen to sermon not preach it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2, noble240, mknz12, Mercylove

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #10154

• stone
  • Thank you received: 16
Actually, Acts tells us that the seven deacons were ordained. So ordination is of the bible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, noble240

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #10289

• Godsadvicegiver12
Laughter101, I thought that ordination was Bibical? They may not have used that exact word, but I am pretty sure that they did something like it, the laying of hands anywayi s what they did. Ordination is a special thing, it is basically dedicating the person to God, to HIs ministry. Ordination needs to stay around. It is bascially proclaiming that that person is giving His life to do that ministry.

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #10290

• Godsadvicegiver12
Hey guys, I want to be either a youth pastor or pastor and I am a girl. I have already started writing sermons, and will preach them soon, and I don't see anything wrong with women pastors. Women can have the same strong Bibical preaching as men. Please don't take offense of my post. It is not meant to be offensive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12, trio3, Can-Americ-Ghan girl, Mercylove, rainbowcloud

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #10396

• DaughterOfGod13
  • Hawaii :) :) :)
  • Thank you received: 844
Laughter101, that kind of sounded rude, like you were assuming things about us :-/
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mercylove, 12pearlygates

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #10417

I think that God has called everyone to do work for him, regardless of their gender, or racial background. Ellen White was a women AND was reportedly of mixed-blood (Black and White). I haven't seen that many ordained women Pastors or women Pastors that much. But I think it's great! God called several women in the Bible to work for him, and in 2 cases that I can recall, the man/men were too scared or were unwilling to work so God called a woman. (Those cases are Ellen G.White and in the case where Gideon was too scared so he called Deborah) I might be wrong about the names of the 2nd case so please correct me if I'm wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, mknz12

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #10451

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
Laughter101, there is ordination in the Bible, like when the disciples ordained a twelth disciple in judas's place.

I am leaning toward womens ordination.

When Paul writes to priscilla and aquilla he addresses them as the leaders of the church- a husband and wife.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, Hyperactive247, Godsadvicegiver12

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #10547

• 13and lovingit
  • Jesus loves me.
  • Thank you received: 29
i don't think that woman should be pastors. that's the man's job. woman take care of the kids. i think that girls should do whatever job they want, but being a pastor is for men.

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #10616

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
@sparklegirl12, if cooking is a woman job and preaching is a man's, does that mean men shouldn't become cooks?

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2, Faithful2Godme, King988, faithforever, bush possum, AWESOMEPERSON

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #10638

• Living4Christ.
  • God is a Lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
  • Thank you received: 119
Totally and comletely agree with you

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #10759

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
@ everyone who says no, you don't decide who becomes a minister. You get called to serve. So if God sees fit,then women can and should be ordained. Doesn't Jesus say "what God puts together,let no man break apart"? I know he was talking about marriage, but I think it can also apply to women ordination

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: King988, Bree_Gods_Girl

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #10778

• sakura
  • Never give up! Fight for what you believe in!
  • Thank you received: 82
From what I have read, it does not say that women cannot work for God. Being a Pastor is working for God. There are women in the Bible who are His messenger to His people,His prophet. To Him we are all the same. For those who say women's job is to take care of kids, I disagree that is not our job, that is the job society has placed on women and not what God has given us. God wishes us to all serve Him. I am a girl. I love preaching, it makes me feel spiritually filled so if you are saying women can not be pastors then you are saying women cannot preach or work for God because that is the job description of a pastor. I do think and say that women should be ordained for in God's eyes we are all equal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2, faithforever, George4296, Godsadvicegiver12, Mercylove

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 1 month ago #10863

sparklegirl12 wrote:
i don't think that woman should be pastors. that's the man's job. woman take care of the kids. i think that girls should do whatever job they want, but being a pastor is for men.
@Sparkle girl112 You are sort of contradicting yourself here. Women should do whatever job they want...so long as that isn't being a pastor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2, InspiredThinker, mknz12, Godsadvicegiver12, Mercylove
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds