Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Women Pastors?

Women Pastors? 6 months 3 days ago #79276

• stone
  • Thank you received: 16
I think women in these times should be pastors because God said He would pour his Spirit on everyone. Having more pastors makes the spreading of the Gospel more efficient
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Women Pastors? 5 months 4 weeks ago #79525

• LEMONwizard
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I trust God. Do you?
  • Thank you received: 114
I think that back then, it would have created problems for women to be pastors. Seeing both arguments, I am just gonna let the rest of the church decide. But my dream job probably requires the same training as a pastor, so...
TRUST GOD with EVERYTHING because GOD HOLDS EVERYTHING and HE WON'T LET GO

#StvernoIsAFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement
When Emmy01 can't, I will fight for the pencil.
INFP, -A/-T (mediator) according to 16personalities.com

Women Pastors? 5 months 3 weeks ago #79839

• Stverno
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Thank you received: 991
Forgive me, I am ignorant. :pinch:

But isn't the controversy over whether or not women can be ordained?

And can't you be a pastor without being ordained?

NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE

Women Pastors? 5 months 3 weeks ago #79866

• TravelPastel
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 603
Stverno wrote:

You can be a pastor, but being ordained means you can provide services anywhere in the world as a pastor. If you are ordained, it gives you authority to do things as a pastor all over the world, whereas if you are not ordained, you can only do the duties as pastor in a certain area.

For example, baptizing. If you're not ordained, you have to get an approval from the president/ministerial director before you can baptize. Whereas, if you are ordained, you can baptize whenever, where ever.

So you can be a pastor without being ordained.
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
too lazy to have a fancy signature rip
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
Also don't look at my profile cause I definitely didn't put my birthday (year) there now
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid, horsegirl04, Stverno

Women Pastors? 5 months 3 weeks ago #79886

• horsegirl04
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 401
TravelPastel wrote:
Stverno wrote:

You can be a pastor, but being ordained means you can provide services anywhere in the world as a pastor. If you are ordained, it gives you authority to do things as a pastor all over the world, whereas if you are not ordained, you can only do the duties as pastor in a certain area.

For example, baptizing. If you're not ordained, you have to get an approval from the president/ministerial director before you can baptize. Whereas, if you are ordained, you can baptize whenever, where ever.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

they also get paid more then the pastors who are not ordained

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
Happy Birthday Sunny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

Women Pastors? 5 months 3 weeks ago #79952

• TravelPastel
TravelPastel wrote:
Stverno wrote:

I meant to put that as a spoiler, not a Hide From Guests thing sorry
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
Also don't look at my profile cause I definitely didn't put my birthday (year) there now

Women Pastors? 5 months 3 weeks ago #80021

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1971
TravelPastel wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
Stverno wrote:

I meant to put that as a spoiler, not a Hide From Guests thing sorry

You can probably edit your post so it will have a spoiler and not hide
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Women Pastors? 5 months 3 weeks ago #80031

TravelPastel wrote:
Stverno wrote:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

fixed it.

Women Pastors? 5 months 2 weeks ago #80575

The Apostle Paul said that women aren't to be pastors. I've noticed some of you say that it was a different time and doesn't apply anymore. But if that's the case, then why is it that, if God knows the future, he would inspire Paul to write that men should be pastors, and not women can be pastors? I say that we ought to obey what the Word of God says, and not what man says. Of course, some women have the ability to preach;but this skill can be used in different areas of ministry. Remember, follow the God rather than man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Servant

Women Pastors? 5 months 2 weeks ago #80617

• LEMONwizard
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I trust God. Do you?
  • Thank you received: 114
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
The Apostle Paul said that women aren't to be pastors. I've noticed some of you say that it was a different time and doesn't apply anymore. But if that's the case, then why is it that, if God knows the future, he would inspire Paul to write that men should be pastors, and not women can be pastors? I say that we ought to obey what the Word of God says, and not what man says. Of course, some women have the ability to preach;but this skill can be used in different areas of ministry. Remember, follow the God rather than man.
NOOOOOOOO :(
I guess I can't be a missionary then
Except maybe a doctor... :dry:
TRUST GOD with EVERYTHING because GOD HOLDS EVERYTHING and HE WON'T LET GO

#StvernoIsAFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement
When Emmy01 can't, I will fight for the pencil.
INFP, -A/-T (mediator) according to 16personalities.com

Women Pastors? 5 months 2 weeks ago #80621

• Stverno
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Thank you received: 991
LEMONwizard wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

But the verse is about pastors. It doesn't say anything about missionaries.

NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE

Women Pastors? 5 months 2 weeks ago #80630

• TravelPastel
LEMONwizard wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
You don't need to be a pastor to be a missionary!
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Women Pastors? 5 months 2 weeks ago #80644

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1229
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

Paul does not say that all women aren't to be pastors, and specifically praises several women in leadership roles in their churches. Given the fact that 1 Timothy was a letter of advice to Timothy, who led his local church in Ephesus, Paul's instruction against women pastors seems to be more local than worldwide. This is supported by the fact that Paul was a close friend of women who taught men, such as Priscilla, who, with her husband, taught Apollos "the way of God more accurately", and Junia, an apostle who ministered to Rome's Christian community. Paul was also a close friend of men who were taught by women, such as Timothy, who was taught the way of God by his mother Eunice and grandmother Lois.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravelPastel

Women Pastors? 5 months 2 weeks ago #80648

• horsegirl04
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 401
LEMONwizard wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

You can still be a missionary,

in the bible the men were the spiritual leaders. and the women would take care of the house.
it never says in the bible that woman cannot be pastors, but it never said that they can eather. In the bible there are women prophets, just because you are not a man does not mean that you cannot work for God.being a pastor is a lot of work, I know because our pastor had a stroke and my dad took on all the pastor's responsibilities. And the women were supposed to take care of their families, and if they were pastors they would not be able to take care of their family.

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
Happy Birthday Sunny!

Women Pastors? 5 months 6 days ago #81540

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear. Women can be missionaries, as the Great Comission is a command to all of us. The Bible just says they can't be pastors, elders or deacons. That is not to say they can't teach the Word.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds