Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Women Pastors?

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #49097

  • Tuftedtitmouse
  • Tuftedtitmouse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 70
Ok I get it so your saying we don't have to believe but we should? Am I getting it right? :blink: :blink:
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #49098

  • Tuftedtitmouse
  • Tuftedtitmouse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 70
Wait I'm totally confuzzled :dry: :dry:
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #49129

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1445
  • Thank you received: 1227
Chickadee wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
The GC Session delegates, voted a
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

They voted that divisions cannot ordain. The vote changes nothing because the power to ordain lies within unions.

What do you mean? The divisions are over unions. And, the unions SHOULD listen to the GC. Sister White said it is God's highest authority on earth.

In 2012 the GC said that the power to ordain is within the union, not the division. The vote simply said that power cannot be transferred to the divisions.
that was 2012. its 2015, and they voted this year.

You heard correctly that the vote was to decide whether or not divisions could ordain women. The "No" vote did not ban WO. The GC cannot forbid unions from ordain in women in good standing.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #49131

  • noble240
  • noble240's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 154
  • Thank you received: 23
Thanks for your comment. It's been over a year now, and looking back at some of the things I said I wish I hadn't said them. But after following the GC and everything, I am still convinced that women aren't supposed to be ordained pastors. The key word is ordained! They can still preach and teach. They don't have to be silent and all of that. I even heard that Ellen White crossed out the word ordained on papers about her.
God Bless!
Noble Obodum
Founder & President, AdventistsConnect
www.adventistsconnect.tk
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marme101, SILLY KALLIEANN

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #49132

  • noble240
  • noble240's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 154
  • Thank you received: 23
Thanks I understand!
God Bless!
Noble Obodum
Founder & President, AdventistsConnect
www.adventistsconnect.tk
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #49133

  • noble240
  • noble240's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 154
  • Thank you received: 23
Kevin, women can preach. I just believe that according to the Bible, they can't be ordained pastors.
God Bless!
Noble Obodum
Founder & President, AdventistsConnect
www.adventistsconnect.tk
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17

Re: Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #49134

  • noble240
  • noble240's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 154
  • Thank you received: 23
Just for the record, these people pray and pray and pray! We know they were humans, but I don't think they made any mistakes because God was with them. We closely followed the GC session, and they had a whole session of prayer where they asked everyone to prayerfully think about their decisions, and do what they believed Gid was telling them is right. And they didn't vote on women being ordained, they voted on whether divisions could decided on their own what they wanted to do. And of course God moved them to say no, because we are a world church, and we have to be united for mission.
God Bless!
Noble Obodum
Founder & President, AdventistsConnect
www.adventistsconnect.tk
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #49224

  • Chickadee
  • Chickadee's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love dogs!!
  • Posts: 273
  • Thank you received: 211
Mp137 wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
I'm sorry, but the Holy Spirit who inspired the writers of the Bible is the same one who inspired Mrs. White. What you are saying is basically we don't have to believe everything in the bible.

I'm assuming that you were addressing me. If so... You're very right. I totally phrased that wrong. I have such a hard time getting my meaning across to people on words. I meant something more along the lines of things have changed so much from Ellen whites time. Like something's don't apply as much now as they did back then. Get my drift?

I don't want to make you feel bad or anything, but if you start saying things like that you are going down a very slippery road. Because if you discuss it with a non Adventist, they could say that the Sabbath doesn't apply today like it does now. Then what do you say?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #49279

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2201
  • Thank you received: 1971
Good bye.... I can't get what's in my head into my fingers to type.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 1 year 11 months ago #53979

  • noble240
  • noble240's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 154
  • Thank you received: 23
Quirky wrote:
Okay I have just one question to ask everyone here, and then I'll skiddadle. What are you basing your answers on, culture, or theology? Are you saying that woman ordination is okay because you WANT it to be, because that's what society says is okay, or because God's Word condones it?


That's all. Bye again.
Thanks Quirky! That was a great way of saying it. Since the Bible doesn't clearly say YES or NO to Womens ordination, it's hard to decide. Why change it if we haven't been doing it that way all the long? God started the Adventist church, not Ellen White. Don't you think that if we were doing something wrong by not ordaining women, don't you think God would find a very clear way of telling us?
I really feel like the whole GC and all the church leaders are trying to do this because of our culture. Culture these days is so anti-sexist and so built on feminism that the church is afraid of people jumping on us saying that we are intolerant and sexist. Guys, the WORLD isn't supposed to make us change what we believe, what our views are, or what our traditions are! If we haven't ordained women in the past, why start know? It doesn't make sense to me. Well we've already started ordaining women, so it's kind of late now. I am just waiting for a female Pastor to come to my church. My church seems to be very traditIonal for the most part, so I am sure many member will leave if that happens! :huh: :huh: :ohmy: May God help us as we draw closer to the end of time and His second coming!
God Bless!
Noble Obodum
Founder & President, AdventistsConnect
www.adventistsconnect.tk
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 1 year 11 months ago #54191

InspiredThinker wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
The GC Session delegates, voted a
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

They voted that divisions cannot ordain. The vote changes nothing because the power to ordain lies within unions.

What do you mean? The divisions are over unions. And, the unions SHOULD listen to the GC. Sister White said it is God's highest authority on earth.

In 2012 the GC said that the power to ordain is within the union, not the division. The vote simply said that power cannot be transferred to the divisions.
that was 2012. its 2015, and they voted this year.

You heard correctly that the vote was to decide whether or not divisions could ordain women. The "No" vote did not ban WO. The GC cannot forbid unions from ordain in women in good standing.
Excuse me....
I posted that before they said the thing with the unions and divisions.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 1 year 10 months ago #54689

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 693
  • Thank you received: 454
I actually have a women pastor in my SDA church. After that, some people left the church cause of their opinionated attitude, but even more came to the church.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid

Women Pastors? 1 year 10 months ago #54717

  • mylhu1011
  • mylhu1011's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 25
  • Thank you received: 25
Quirky wrote:
Okay I have just one question to ask everyone here, and then I'll skiddadle. What are you basing your answers on, culture, or theology? Are you saying that woman ordination is okay because you WANT it to be, because that's what society says is okay, or because God's Word condones it?

From a solely theological standpoint, there is biblical evidence that men were expected to be the leaders of local churches. I say were because it is rather foolish to look at Christian theology without also looking at its historical context. After all, while the Bible is considered the Word of God, it was still written by men. Divinely inspired men, but men nonetheless.

Up until the women's suffrage and feminist movements of the 20th century, patriarchy was a staple of Western society. The vast majority of kingdoms and empires in the ancient world did not grant their citizens the most basic civil liberty: the right to equal treatment, regardless of race, ethnicity, or gender. Men ruled households, men ruled cities, men ruled nations—men ruled the world. Having considered this, why would women be given authority over something as influential as a congregation of religious devotees when they were subordinates even in their own homes? The answer is simple: they wouldn't.

But we live in a free world where equal rights are being recognized in more and more nations across the world. It seems that some socially conservative adherents to Christianity, including the Adventist faith, have yet to catch up. This is not a secularism vs. traditionalism debate. This has one answer. In His time on Earth, the Son of Man preached equality for every one of His children, most of all within the Church. The apostle Paul of Tarsus said in his letter to the church in Galatia that "there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: For you are all one in Christ Jesus." His words have not changed.
noble240 wrote:
Don't you think that if we were doing something wrong by not ordaining women, don't you think God would find a very clear way of telling us?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid, SirGeneralCliche

Re: Women Pastors? 1 year 8 months ago #56892

AMEN!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 1 year 7 months ago #57313

  • Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 277
  • Thank you received: 151
Out of topic but

THIS IS THE BIGGEST DISCUSSION IN GUIDIAN HISTORY!

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Pyrrhic - means won a victory!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lego10

Re: Women Pastors? 1 year 7 months ago #57663

true. but they dont have to be pastors.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 1 year 7 months ago #57772

missionarykid wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
The GC Session delegates, voted a
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

They voted that divisions cannot ordain. The vote changes nothing because the power to ordain lies within unions.

What do you mean? The divisions are over unions. And, the unions SHOULD listen to the GC. Sister White said it is God's highest authority on earth.

In 2012 the GC said that the power to ordain is within the union, not the division. The vote simply said that power cannot be transferred to the divisions.
that was 2012. its 2015, and they voted this year.

You heard correctly that the vote was to decide whether or not divisions could ordain women. The "No" vote did not ban WO. The GC cannot forbid unions from ordain in women in good standing.
Excuse me....
I posted that before they said the thing with the unions and divisions.
And I didn't mean to start a debate.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 1 year 4 months ago #59853

  • #JesusKnowsMeThisILove
  • #JesusKnowsMeThisILove's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Jesus. Purple. Donuts. Mustaches. Family. Friends.
  • Posts: 45
  • Thank you received: 9
I believe that as long as the Gospel reaches everyone why does it matter who preached it? But at the same time if the Bible says no, I say no, if the Bible says yes, I say.
You may not have a special life.... But you make life special.
Ps. I got that from a TV show!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 1 year 3 months ago #60328

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2201
  • Thank you received: 1971
@Quirky, what would you say if I asked your opinion on this: I've been thinking about a career for a long time. College isn't too far away for me, so I've been thinking hard. I have come to the conclusion that I want to be a chaplain. Maybe in a hospital, but most likely in a prison. What do you say to that? I honestly want to know what you think about women chaplains. As always, I respect your opinion. Thanks!
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 1 year 3 months ago #60409

  • Stverno
  • Stverno's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Posts: 825
  • Thank you received: 991
Mp137 wrote:
@Quirky, what would you say if I asked your opinion on this: I've been thinking about a career for a long time. College isn't too far away for me, so I've been thinking hard. I have come to the conclusion that I want to be a chaplain. Maybe in a hospital, but most likely in a prison. What do you say to that? I honestly want to know what you think about women chaplains. As always, I respect your opinion. Thanks!

Based on what I've seen of you on guide, you will be an excellent chaplain. :)

You go whup those inmates into shape! (Jk) :S



NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

Re: Women Pastors? 1 year 3 months ago #60448

  • maplesyruphotel9
  • maplesyruphotel9's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Posts: 491
  • Thank you received: 135
I definitely disagree with Women being Pastors.. :S Because the bible clearly says that Women CANNOT BE PASTORS and I think it's ok if Like a lady does like a presentation or like a quick sermon one week but the bible says that women can't be pastors.. Cuz I think ladies are a lot less humble than men and they speak their mind and there stubborn and they don't care what you say but there right lol :silly: (I'm a girl too so I understand lol) Men are a lot more humble and can be open to other opinions in the church.. ( just my opinion) Tell me what you guys think! :)
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3

BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: SushiCat (My friend and I's channel)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 1 year 3 months ago #60481

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2201
  • Thank you received: 1971
Stverno wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
@Quirky, what would you say if I asked your opinion on this: I've been thinking about a career for a long time. College isn't too far away for me, so I've been thinking hard. I have come to the conclusion that I want to be a chaplain. Maybe in a hospital, but most likely in a prison. What do you say to that? I honestly want to know what you think about women chaplains. As always, I respect your opinion. Thanks!

Based on what I've seen of you on guide, you will be an excellent chaplain. :)

You go whup those inmates into shape! (Jk) :S

Thank you. I appreciate that :)
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 1 year 3 months ago #60506

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 958
  • Thank you received: 1133
kevin the preacher kid wrote:
logically woman are unable to take care of a pastor responsibilities
think baptizing is something that requiere strenght and woman aint as strong as men
another thing is that a woman resposibilities are to her family first which also unables her to take a pastor's resposibility
Your comment reminds me of the people who used to say, Oh, women can't go to college! They are unable to bear the stress. It will affect their childbearing abilities! They'll never be able to keep up with the men... dot dot dot. Women are physically able to do almost anything men are able to do. There are some men out there who wouldn't stand a chance staying on their feet during a baptism. Also, what if the woman didn't have a family? That strikes that one out...
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 1 year 3 months ago #60507

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 958
  • Thank you received: 1133
I believe that women shouldn't be ordained unless there is no one to take that place. As an example, during WW2, most of the men in Denmark ( I think, can't remember exactly) were enlisted for war and there was no one left to pastor the churches and so the women stepped up... On the other hand, if someone is truly called by God, then... But I think it's better for men to be pastors, not because they are more humble, or more willing to listen to other peoples opinions, but one reason being, what if she was doing visits and she had to visit a man alone... Yes, it can happen with men too, if he has to visit a single woman but yeah. Anyway...

P.S. @Mp137, My "emotionally-adopted" aunty is head of all the chaplains in one of our states... Not over Sda schools though... So if you are called then go for it and God bless you :)
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 1 year 3 months ago #60521

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3840
  • Thank you received: 3070
Mp137 wrote:
@Quirky, what would you say if I asked your opinion on this: I've been thinking about a career for a long time. College isn't too far away for me, so I've been thinking hard. I have come to the conclusion that I want to be a chaplain. Maybe in a hospital, but most likely in a prison. What do you say to that? I honestly want to know what you think about women chaplains. As always, I respect your opinion. Thanks!

I personally don't have a very decided opinion about women pastors, elders, chaplains, or anything of that sort. The idea of you are any young lady going and presenting truth and giving comfort to other human beings is agreeable with the bible.

" Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me." Matthew 25:35

That's all I've got for now
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds