Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Women Pastors?

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #48055

  • Prov17
  • Prov17's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Live holy as God is holy
  • Posts: 314
  • Thank you received: 296
InspiredThinker, I agree that Deborah was handpicked by God and stepped up when God told her to. But my point was that God couldn’t get any man to lead and stop acting like a wimp, so He chose a woman. God used a woman to shame and embarrass Israel’s wimpy men by making Deborah their ruler. Nowhere else in the Bible did God do that.
Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for? -Leonard Ravenhill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #48056

  • Prov17
  • Prov17's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Live holy as God is holy
  • Posts: 314
  • Thank you received: 296
I’ve been reading other posts on this topic, and I have a few things to say. People are saying that when Paul was forbidding women ordination, that was a different time when women weren’t treated equally, so we should just disregard what Paul wrote. One person said that we shouldn’t put Paul’s culture into ours. By that logic other things could be rejected in the Bible that just don’t seem to fit in our culture (like rejecting a six-day creation thousands of years ago because our culture is so much “smarter” and “knows” that the world has been around for millions of years). Disregarding what Paul wrote sounds like the evolutionists who don’t take the six-day creation of the Bible literally but just as a story with a message to learn from.

Regarding women leadership, God chose the form of a man because leadership is the role He has given man. God is our leader and king. Deborah was given leadership because the men in her day were not acting like leaders, so he used a woman to lead them (to their shame). Genesis 3:16 says, "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." God would not say “he shall rule over thee” if he wanted women to be leaders the same as men.
Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for? -Leonard Ravenhill
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: noble240, Quirky, SkeleBoy10, Chickadee, Tuftedtitmouse

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #48097

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1429
  • Thank you received: 1213
When Paul forbade women's ordination, it was in response to a controversy in that area. That does not make it any less inspired, but we must keep things in perspective. That portion of scripture bothers me because of something else Paul wrote, in Galatians 3:28, where he says this:

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

But forbidding women's ordination seems like Paul contradicted himself, especially when you consider that in his letters, he calls out the apostle Junia and the deacon Phoebe, as well as Priscilla and her husband Aquila, whom her refers to as leaders of the church.

This is especially strange when we read in Acts 21 that when Paul visited Philip the Evangelist, best known for baptizing the eunuch from Ethiopia, and his four daughters that prophesied.

The Bible cannot be in disagreement with itself. Prophets do not contradict themselves either, so does what Paul said set a standard for all ordination, or does it show how to deal with certain controversies?
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #48308

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3688
  • Thank you received: 2970
Okay I have just one question to ask everyone here, and then I'll skiddadle. What are you basing your answers on, culture, or theology? Are you saying that woman ordination is okay because you WANT it to be, because that's what society says is okay, or because God's Word condones it?


That's all. Bye again.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: noble240, SkeleBoy10, Prov17, Tuftedtitmouse

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #48469

  • 12pearlygates
  • 12pearlygates's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I can't live without books. They're my PASSION.
  • Posts: 173
  • Thank you received: 83
yeah! sorry if im being rude but no is wht god had in mind anyway.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #48473

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2189
  • Thank you received: 1944
I thought my church's head pastor didn't believe in women's ordination, but today, I found out that he does! He said so in front of the whole church! He said that he believes all humans, male or female, are equal. :)
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #48476

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2189
  • Thank you received: 1944
Prov17 wrote:
I’ve been reading other posts on this topic, and I have a few things to say. People are saying that when Paul was forbidding women ordination, that was a different time when women weren’t treated equally, so we should just disregard what Paul wrote. One person said that we shouldn’t put Paul’s culture into ours. By that logic other things could be rejected in the Bible that just don’t seem to fit in our culture (like rejecting a six-day creation thousands of years ago because our culture is so much “smarter” and “knows” that the world has been around for millions of years). Disregarding what Paul wrote sounds like the evolutionists who don’t take the six-day creation of the Bible literally but just as a story with a message to learn from.

Regarding women leadership, God chose the form of a man because leadership is the role He has given man. God is our leader and king. Deborah was given leadership because the men in her day were not acting like leaders, so he used a woman to lead them (to their shame). Genesis 3:16 says, "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." God would not say “he shall rule over thee” if he wanted women to be leaders the same as men.

But your example wasn't a good one. God creating the world in 6 days has NOTHING to do with culture. Just like the Ten Commandments. They were written by God a long time ago, but they still are tools on how to live in our culture. Whereas what Paul wrote, I believe, was influenced heavily by culture in that time.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #48530

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1429
  • Thank you received: 1213
missionarykid wrote:
The GC Session delegates, voted a
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

They voted that divisions cannot ordain. The vote changes nothing because the power to ordain lies within unions.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #48598

  • Chickadee
  • Chickadee's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love dogs!!
  • Posts: 273
  • Thank you received: 211
InspiredThinker wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
The GC Session delegates, voted a
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

They voted that divisions cannot ordain. The vote changes nothing because the power to ordain lies within unions.

What do you mean? The divisions are over unions. And, the unions SHOULD listen to the GC. Sister White said it is God's highest authority on earth.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 3 months ago #48725

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2189
  • Thank you received: 1944
Chickadee wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
The GC Session delegates, voted a
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

They voted that divisions cannot ordain. The vote changes nothing because the power to ordain lies within unions.

What do you mean? The divisions are over unions. And, the unions SHOULD listen to the GC. Sister White said it is God's highest authority on earth.

We don't have to believe every tiny detail Ellen White said. The GC is probably different now than when she was alive.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 3 months ago #48760

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1429
  • Thank you received: 1213
Chickadee wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
The GC Session delegates, voted a
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

They voted that divisions cannot ordain. The vote changes nothing because the power to ordain lies within unions.

What do you mean? The divisions are over unions. And, the unions SHOULD listen to the GC. Sister White said it is God's highest authority on earth.

In 2012 the GC said that the power to ordain is within the union, not the division. The vote simply said that power cannot be transferred to the divisions.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 3 months ago #48789

  • Chickadee
  • Chickadee's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love dogs!!
  • Posts: 273
  • Thank you received: 211
I'm sorry, but the Holy Spirit who inspired the writers of the Bible is the same one who inspired Mrs. White. What you are saying is basically we don't have to believe everything in the bible.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 3 months ago #48825

  • Blue Tornado
  • Blue Tornado's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Happy birthday, TravelPastel!!!
  • Posts: 998
  • Thank you received: 806
Mp137 wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
The GC Session delegates, voted a
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

They voted that divisions cannot ordain. The vote changes nothing because the power to ordain lies within unions.

What do you mean? The divisions are over unions. And, the unions SHOULD listen to the GC. Sister White said it is God's highest authority on earth.

We don't have to believe every tiny detail Ellen White said. The GC is probably different now than when she was alive.

Actually, yes we do have to believe everything Ellen White said. Please read 2 Chronicles 20:20.


"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 3 months ago #48828

  • Blue Tornado
  • Blue Tornado's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Happy birthday, TravelPastel!!!
  • Posts: 998
  • Thank you received: 806
lianne11 wrote:
Where does the bible say that women can't be pastors. I am not talking about Paul saying he doesn't want a woman in charge of him. I really would like to know.

1 Timothy 2:12-14 says that women cannot teach nor have authority over man. Adam was made first, and then Eve. Adam wasn't tricked in the garden, but Eve was. The woman was tricked and became a sinner.

Still don't believe me? Isaiah 3:12 says that women will rule over men and their paths will be confused.

Don't just read this and assume that I'm telling the truth. You go and get your Bible, and read these passages yourself, so you can test what this says. And do this for every Sabbath, so during the sermon, you pay attention to what the pastor says. Especially now, when a lot of people are messed up with non-Biblical beliefs. Just because someone has a "Pastor" in front of their name doesn't mean everything they say is true.

And if you still don't believe me? 2 Timothy 3:16.


"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkeleBoy10, Prov17, Chickadee

Women Pastors? 2 years 3 months ago #48841

  • Tuftedtitmouse
  • Tuftedtitmouse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 70
Mp137 wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
The GC Session delegates, voted a
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

They voted that divisions cannot ordain. The vote changes nothing because the power to ordain lies within unions.

What do you mean? The divisions are over unions. And, the unions SHOULD listen to the GC. Sister White said it is God's highest authority on earth.

We don't have to believe every tiny detail Ellen White said. The GC is probably different now than when she was alive.

We don't have to believe every tiny detail john the revolator (is that how u spell it?) said about the papacy and end times. In fact, he wasn't in the end times and the papacy didn't even exist.
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 3 months ago #48843

  • Tuftedtitmouse
  • Tuftedtitmouse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 70
Mp137 wrote:
I thought my church's head pastor didn't believe in women's ordination, but today, I found out that he does! He said so in front of the whole church! He said that he believes all humans, male or female, are equal. :)

So... If a man is the leader women and men arnt equal? That means if u r supposed to submit to your parents, u are inferior to your parents. Of course we are not!!!! And women arnt to men either but they SHOULD submit! So..... That's all I have here
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

Women Pastors? 2 years 3 months ago #48844

  • Tuftedtitmouse
  • Tuftedtitmouse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 70
InspiredThinker wrote:
When Paul forbade women's ordination, it was in response to a controversy in that area. That does not make it any less inspired, but we must keep things in perspective. That portion of scripture bothers me because of something else Paul wrote, in Galatians 3:28, where he says this:

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

But forbidding women's ordination seems like Paul contradicted himself, especially when you consider that in his letters, he calls out the apostle Junia and the deacon Phoebe, as well as Priscilla and her husband Aquila, whom her refers to as leaders of the church.

This is especially strange when we read in Acts 21 that when Paul visited Philip the Evangelist, best known for baptizing the eunuch from Ethiopia, and his four daughters that prophesied.

The Bible cannot be in disagreement with itself. Prophets do not contradict themselves either, so does what Paul said set a standard for all ordination, or does it show how to deal with certain controversies?

It's ok to have deaconesses as long as they arnt ordained. Nowhere in the bible was a woman ordained . EVER. And, Paul was saying about equality and salvation in Galatians , not leadership. Also, just because u r a prophet doesn't mean u can't submit to anybody. Ellen white submitted to her husband . So..... U get my point right? :lol: :lol:
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 3 months ago #48847

  • Tuftedtitmouse
  • Tuftedtitmouse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 70
InspiredThinker wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
The GC Session delegates, voted a
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

They voted that divisions cannot ordain. The vote changes nothing because the power to ordain lies within unions.

What do you mean? The divisions are over unions. And, the unions SHOULD listen to the GC. Sister White said it is God's highest authority on earth.

In 2012 the GC said that the power to ordain is within the union, not the division. The vote simply said that power cannot be transferred to the divisions.

Were u there ? I was . I heard what they were voting for: divisions can decide to ordain women or not, they voted NO. PERIOD.
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 3 months ago #48848

  • Tuftedtitmouse
  • Tuftedtitmouse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 70
Was I harsh? Sorry if I was :blush: :oops: :blush: :oops:
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 3 months ago #48942

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1429
  • Thank you received: 1213
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
The GC Session delegates, voted a
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

They voted that divisions cannot ordain. The vote changes nothing because the power to ordain lies within unions.

What do you mean? The divisions are over unions. And, the unions SHOULD listen to the GC. Sister White said it is God's highest authority on earth.

In 2012 the GC said that the power to ordain is within the union, not the division. The vote simply said that power cannot be transferred to the divisions.

Were u there ? I was . I heard what they were voting for: divisions can decide to ordain women or not, they voted NO. PERIOD.

I was there. Unions can still ordain women as pastors, because the GC can't take that right from them. Nothing actually changed.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 3 months ago #48983

  • Chickadee
  • Chickadee's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love dogs!!
  • Posts: 273
  • Thank you received: 211
InspiredThinker wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
The GC Session delegates, voted a
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

They voted that divisions cannot ordain. The vote changes nothing because the power to ordain lies within unions.

What do you mean? The divisions are over unions. And, the unions SHOULD listen to the GC. Sister White said it is God's highest authority on earth.

In 2012 the GC said that the power to ordain is within the union, not the division. The vote simply said that power cannot be transferred to the divisions.
that was 2012. its 2015, and they voted this year.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 3 months ago #49015

  • Big al
  • Big al's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I just Love being Me and Hearts
  • Posts: 410
  • Thank you received: 225
I think us girls should be able to preach to
:lol: B)
Too many years trying not to rock the boat
I gotta quote, "I don't wanna rock the boat, I wanna sink it"
Ima just do it

KB. Ima Just Do It
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Women Pastors? 2 years 3 months ago #49030

  • Cool Cat
  • Cool Cat's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love computers and dirt bikes
  • Posts: 701
  • Thank you received: 224
i do not agree with women pastors.
My website: HighGearMX.simplesite.com
Dirt bikes+computers= :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: im a beekeeper

Women Pastors? 2 years 3 months ago #49053

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2189
  • Thank you received: 1944
Chickadee wrote:
I'm sorry, but the Holy Spirit who inspired the writers of the Bible is the same one who inspired Mrs. White. What you are saying is basically we don't have to believe everything in the bible.

I'm assuming that you were addressing me. If so... You're very right. I totally phrased that wrong. I have such a hard time getting my meaning across to people on words. I meant something more along the lines of things have changed so much from Ellen whites time. Like something's don't apply as much now as they did back then. Get my drift?
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 3 months ago #49055

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2189
  • Thank you received: 1944
Blue Tornado wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
The GC Session delegates, voted a
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

They voted that divisions cannot ordain. The vote changes nothing because the power to ordain lies within unions.

What do you mean? The divisions are over unions. And, the unions SHOULD listen to the GC. Sister White said it is God's highest authority on earth.

We don't have to believe every tiny detail Ellen White said. The GC is probably different now than when she was alive.

Actually, yes we do have to believe everything Ellen White said. Please read 2 Chronicles 20:20.

Ok, I already apologized for my... I don't know what you wanna call it.... Uhhhhh, whatever. What I said before just had sounded better in my head than it did on a computer screen. But I will say this; We do not have to believe everything Ellen white, other prophets, or even God says. It's all personal choice. I know that as SDAs, we do believe what God says. But maybe next time you can say should believe instead in have to believe.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds