Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Women Pastors?

Women Pastors? 2 years 7 months ago #45130

  • lianne11
  • lianne11's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • My new favorite sport!
  • Posts: 63
  • Thank you received: 30
I am just going to say, are you denying God the right to choose who He wants to be a pastor?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker

Re: Women Pastors? 2 years 7 months ago #45139

  • Blue Tornado
  • Blue Tornado's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Happy birthday, TravelPastel!!!
  • Posts: 998
  • Thank you received: 806
Mp137 wrote:
roosmom wrote:
You know, I believe that women should not be ordained. I believe this because, the general conference is the highest voice of God on earth. The general conference has voted no to this matter. Women at the moment can be commisioned. This means that they can be pastors. they can be missionarys. they can not do some of the other thinigs, but that is OK. The bible says something about this. It says that women should be able to help to, which they can. What do you guys think?

Umm... People in the GC are humans. They aren't perfect. Just because they say something doesn't mean it becomes the "11th commandment" or something. I don't see why women can't be ordained. They are God's children too. We are all equal. This is just my opinion.

Please read 1 Timothy 2:12-15 and if you still don't believe me, 2 Timothy 3:16.


"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17

Women Pastors? 2 years 7 months ago #45235

  • lianne11
  • lianne11's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • My new favorite sport!
  • Posts: 63
  • Thank you received: 30
I have not extensively researched the subject, but I believe that women can be ordained pastors. That is my opinion. Some people disagree, that is alright. God made all of us with a choice. But I think that we shouldn't fight about this. There is supposed to be harmony in the church after all. Is that not right? I don't understand what is so bad about women pastors. Are girls not as good as guys? If you feel differently that is up to you and God. After all, He made us all in his image. Therefore to my understanding, we are all equal. Isn't that what we all believe as citizens of the US? What if someone told you that just because you were who you were, you couldn't be a teacher or a doctor? To me that is like punishing someone for something they have no control over. If God chooses to call a female to be a pastor who am I to stand in the way? I hope no one is offended by this post. That is not the purpose. I just wish to give my point of view. I think that anyone who reads this has a right to express the way they feel. Whether or not I am right, I will not know till I get to heaven. That is something I will have to ask God.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 7 months ago #45244

  • lianne11
  • lianne11's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • My new favorite sport!
  • Posts: 63
  • Thank you received: 30
With ya'll talking about Ellen white, I thought about it a little and came up with this: Ellen was supposed to spread her message. If she was an ordained minister, she probably would have been stuck to one church and not have been able to spread the message. I don't know, this is just my thinking, what do you think?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 7 months ago #45327

  • chocolatedancer1106
  • chocolatedancer1106's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Psalm 86:15 is one of my favorite verses
  • Posts: 39
  • Thank you received: 41
I honestly think that it isn't our choice. I believe that everyone, including women, can be used to work for God. He gave us all different strengths and talents, and our job is to use those to spread his love. If your strength is speaking to others and preaching sermons, you could become a pastor. More importantly, however, God has to be calling you to it. Remember, He knows what is best for you, and if becoming a pastor is his will for any woman or man, he will make it happen.

On the other hand, I can see why a lot of you don't support it. There are a few Bible texts that say only men are ordained to be leaders of the church. In my opinion, though, it all depends on God's plan for us. Just my opinion :)
Psalm 86:15 - But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.

This is one of my favorite verses :)

I LOVE CHOCOLATE!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lianne11

Re: Women Pastors? 2 years 7 months ago #45348

  • iluvmath11
  • iluvmath11's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 73
  • Thank you received: 25
Yes but the bible states that women cannot be the pastors. Everyone can work for God, and women can preach, but they can't be pastors. In fact, my mom preached, and she's not a pastor. Women can be missionaries, and men, but the bible clearly states that women cant be pastors. Godsadvicegiver12, those verses say that God dosent have prejudice against ANYONE. That verse in Joel says exactly what I said: women can preach but they CANNOT be pastors. That's what I have to say.
GO WILD WILD WILD KRATSS!!! CHEETAH SPEED aND LIZARD GLIDE! FALCON FLIGHT AND LION PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 7 months ago #45349

  • iluvmath11
  • iluvmath11's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 73
  • Thank you received: 25
Ellen g white was appointed by God, but the bible still says that women can't be pastors, whether you like it or not! :)
GO WILD WILD WILD KRATSS!!! CHEETAH SPEED aND LIZARD GLIDE! FALCON FLIGHT AND LION PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Women Pastors? 2 years 7 months ago #45362

AbigailGodgirl wrote:
i don't think so. God ordained it that MEN are to be the spiritual leaders of the curch. Just like it is a womans job to care for children and cook and clean, ect. Just my personal prefrance. :)
I think women weren't leaders of the church back then because men wouldn't care what women had to say back then, not that God only wanted men to be pastors. Now I think it is fine. And if we do not allow female pastors then that will be one reason why people will not join the SDA church. They will think we are discriminating. That last statement you said was pretty sexist too and you are a girl.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Women Pastors? 2 years 7 months ago #45438

when yuo find it in the bible ans can show it to me with more than one verse I'll believe but meanwhile lets stick to what Jesus did wether everyone feels right about it or not
after all aint the SDA chruch a scripture people if we base our desicions on mere thinking we will make mistakes but if we base everything on the Bible we cant go wrong
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lianne11

Women Pastors? 2 years 7 months ago #45439

if God had wanted woman pastors He would have ordained one in the Bible but He didnt hinting that we shouldnt either
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Women Pastors? 2 years 7 months ago #45440

now you got it really wrong
are we going to ordain woman pastors just so that people dont feel discriminated?
no we are different and that shouldnt bother us
if people want to think let them think we do Gods will
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: noble240

Women Pastors? 2 years 7 months ago #45441

logically woman are unable to take care of a pastor responsibilities
think baptizing is something that requiere strenght and woman aint as strong as men
another thing is that a woman resposibilities are to her family first which also unables her to take a pastor's resposibility
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 7 months ago #45442

remember Deborah?
she was the Gods messenger and prophet but she wasnt the one called to fight against the enemy
she was asked to join in leading but she never went into the battle field so that should make us think
woman can carry the message but they werent really called to fulfill the message
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 7 months ago #45445

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1429
  • Thank you received: 1213
iluvmath11 wrote:
Ellen g white was appointed by God, but the bible still says that women can't be pastors, whether you like it or not! :)

Where? Use a verse other than 1 Timothy 2:12. If we use that verse to deny women from being pastors, then we must use it to:
A) Forbid women from being elders
B)Forbid women from preaching
C) Forbid women from holding any church position where they would be above their husbands (e.g. Choir director if her husband was a choir member).
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 6 months ago #45609

  • travelgurl
  • travelgurl's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 10
  • Thank you received: 11
It is perfectly fine having women pastors!! If women pastors/missionaries are not good, then why do we place so much weight on Ellen White's writings? She's a woman also! I'm actually offended about some of these sexist comments here. I agree with chocolatedancer1106. Yes, I see where those opposing women's ordination are coming from, but the way you are putting it is like the only thing women can do is listen. The last time I checked, the Constitution said something about gender discrimination. This is just my opinion, so don't take it personally. And yes, I'm a girl. (and proud of it)

Watch this video about women pastors in China:
Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around. -Henry David Thoreau
Not all those who wander are lost. -J.R.R. Tolkien
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 6 months ago #45645

  • iluvmath11
  • iluvmath11's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 73
  • Thank you received: 25
InspiredThinker wrote:
iluvmath11 wrote:
Ellen g white was appointed by God, but the bible still says that women can't be pastors, whether you like it or not! :)

Where? Use a verse other than 1 Timothy 2:12. If we use that verse to deny women from being pastors, then we must use it to:
A) Forbid women from being elders
B)Forbid women from preaching
C) Forbid women from holding any church position where they would be above their husbands (e.g. Choir director if her husband was a choir member).
titus 1:6
GO WILD WILD WILD KRATSS!!! CHEETAH SPEED aND LIZARD GLIDE! FALCON FLIGHT AND LION PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17

Women Pastors? 2 years 6 months ago #45883

  • smileygon10
  • smileygon10's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Meow!
  • Posts: 110
  • Thank you received: 126
Let's make it clear: ANYONE can work for God. Paul listed many spiritual gifts throughout his books, and God has different jobs for different people.

That means prophets are no better than pastors, or vice versa. Actually, Mrs. White never called herself a prophet. She called herself a Messenger, and a lesser light pointing to the Greater Light (Jesus).

The actual issue is over Ordination of the SDA Church. I don't want to add to the argument, so I'll leave it to be between you, your convictions, and God.

The General Conference Session in San Antonio is coming up. Let's pray that our church leaders will make the right decisions, to help advance God's Kingdom, and to expedite His coming.
Smiling for Jesus
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 5 months ago #46591

  • Prov17
  • Prov17's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Live holy as God is holy
  • Posts: 316
  • Thank you received: 296
1 Timothy 2:12-14 says, “And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.

A girl on Guide (in the church category, topic SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS, fifth poster) said that we need a verse written by God other than Paul and Ellen White. She needs to respect God’s word because God spoke through Paul.

It doesn’t say in the Bible, “No women pastors,” but it’s implied.

I believe women pastors are man-made, not God-made because in I Corinthians 14:34 God said women speaking in church isn’t allowed, and no woman ever preached in the Bible. 1 Corinthians 14:34 says, “Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says.

If a woman wants to preach the Bible, then she should get around to preaching why she doesn’t believe 1 Timothy 2:12-14.

Wouldn’t a woman pastor be disregarding 1 Timothy 2:12-14 every time she preaches? Why would God call women to be pastors and allow a discrepancy in His Word? Women shouldn’t preach in a church even if they preach great sermons, convert people or do great ministry out in public. I personally believe that women who want to preach should preach to other women because they do not have authority over men. They should start a women’s Bible study or a women’s class during the week or speak at a women’s conference.

The reason Deborah was a judge was because there were no male leaders stepping forward, so Deborah took the initiative.
Deborah gave Barak a hard time for not wanting to lead the men out to war, so he would not get the glory for victory over Sisera.
Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for? -Leonard Ravenhill
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado, SkeleBoy10

Women Pastors? 2 years 5 months ago #46726

It's a great idea, Tim. Not only does it support the fact that women can do the same things as men, but it gives women a chance to express their feeling about their relationship with God. The churches I went to had female pastors, so I do think it's necessary.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Women Pastors? 2 years 5 months ago #46782

  • Blue Tornado
  • Blue Tornado's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Happy birthday, TravelPastel!!!
  • Posts: 998
  • Thank you received: 806
Prov17 wrote:
1 Timothy 2:12-14 says, “And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.

A girl on Guide (in the church category, topic SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS, fifth poster) said that we need a verse written by God other than Paul and Ellen White. She needs to respect God’s word because God spoke through Paul.

It doesn’t say in the Bible, “No women pastors,” but it’s implied.

I believe women pastors are man-made, not God-made because in I Corinthians 14:34 God said women speaking in church isn’t allowed, and no woman ever preached in the Bible. 1 Corinthians 14:34 says, “Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says.

If a woman wants to preach the Bible, then she should get around to preaching why she doesn’t believe 1 Timothy 2:12-14.

Wouldn’t a woman pastor be disregarding 1 Timothy 2:12-14 every time she preaches? Why would God call women to be pastors and allow a discrepancy in His Word? Women shouldn’t preach in a church even if they preach great sermons, convert people or do great ministry out in public. I personally believe that women who want to preach should preach to other women because they do not have authority over men. They should start a women’s Bible study or a women’s class during the week or speak at a women’s conference.

The reason Deborah was a judge was because there were no male leaders stepping forward, so Deborah took the initiative.
Deborah gave Barak a hard time for not wanting to lead the men out to war, so he would not get the glory for victory over Sisera.

Also, might be worth mentioning, if anyone thinks "But what about Ellen White?" Well, she was a prophetess, but never ordained. In fact, one church wanted to ordain her but she actually crossed those words on the certificate out. And she was chosen because God had first picked two other men, but both of them rejected.


"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, SkeleBoy10, Prov17

Women Pastors? 2 years 5 months ago #46790

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1429
  • Thank you received: 1213
Prov17 wrote:
1 Timothy 2:12-14 says, “And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.

A girl on Guide (in the church category, topic SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS, fifth poster) said that we need a verse written by God other than Paul and Ellen White. She needs to respect God’s word because God spoke through Paul.

It doesn’t say in the Bible, “No women pastors,” but it’s implied.

I believe women pastors are man-made, not God-made because in I Corinthians 14:34 God said women speaking in church isn’t allowed, and no woman ever preached in the Bible. 1 Corinthians 14:34 says, “Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says.

If a woman wants to preach the Bible, then she should get around to preaching why she doesn’t believe 1 Timothy 2:12-14.

Wouldn’t a woman pastor be disregarding 1 Timothy 2:12-14 every time she preaches? Why would God call women to be pastors and allow a discrepancy in His Word? Women shouldn’t preach in a church even if they preach great sermons, convert people or do great ministry out in public. I personally believe that women who want to preach should preach to other women because they do not have authority over men. They should start a women’s Bible study or a women’s class during the week or speak at a women’s conference.

The reason Deborah was a judge was because there were no male leaders stepping forward, so Deborah took the initiative.
Deborah gave Barak a hard time for not wanting to lead the men out to war, so he would not get the glory for victory over Sisera.

There were good judges and bad judges. The difference was that the good judges were handpicked by God and didn't step up until God told them to. Deborah was no exception.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 5 months ago #46835

  • lianne11
  • lianne11's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • My new favorite sport!
  • Posts: 63
  • Thank you received: 30
Where does the bible say that women can't be pastors. I am not talking about Paul saying he doesn't want a woman in charge of him. I really would like to know.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 5 months ago #46836

  • lianne11
  • lianne11's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • My new favorite sport!
  • Posts: 63
  • Thank you received: 30
Is not a man's responsibility to his family also?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker

Women Pastors? 2 years 5 months ago #46942

I think that God can use anyone. :cheer:
Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination. The best is yet to come.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #47935

  • ken10wil
  • ken10wil's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • bossome
  • Posts: 109
  • Thank you received: 82
now I disagree your saying if god can use me to be a pastor I still have to work in the teachers department even though the kids and me don't get along
this is from a woman's point of view just saying
cuz liberalism is a mental disease and video games are awesome
favorite text:
12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5:12
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds