Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Women Pastors?

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7534

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
I for got to add this verse:

1Ti_3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach;

When paul refers to Bishop, or Pastor he used a greek term that specifies male, not female.

I am still undecided, and here is a text that does point to women leadership:

Act 17:4 And some of them were persuaded; and a great multitude of the devout Greeks, and not a few of the leading women, joined Paul and Silas.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7537

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
1 Timothy 2:11-15
New King James Version (NKJV)

"11 Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. 12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 15 Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control."

Do you notice that it says teach or to have authority over a man, it doesn't say that she can't do those things. We need to understand the Bible correctly.

Matthew 28:19-20
New King James Version (NKJV)

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

It doesn't say men only. KNow he did have only men desciples, but in those days, women never worked like they do know. So people have to modernize things. And if women and men are pastors and there is no shortage, then Jesus can come back sooner.

Please, don't fight over this. I am just standing for what I believe bringing out points in the bible that stand for it.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7538

• Godsadvicegiver12
Joel 2:28-29

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7543

Lets put it this way Doug Batchelor is completrely against it. You see all the comments with Bible verses against it. You show me one that says it is okay and right to have women as pastors.
Katelynn

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7560

• Cassie
  • To infinity and beyond!
  • Thank you received: 106
I personally don't have a problem with woman pastors and heres my reasoning: We are supposed to spread the word and bring others to the Lord, for some people they do that through thier sermons. If they have the greatest ability of bringing people to the Lord through sermons they should be able to do so no matter what gender.
:cheer: Reach for the stars!

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7572

• tim33
picklepuppy, we all interpret the Bible differently.

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7599

• Godsadvicegiver12
Ravens and orioles love, I will show you a Bible verse that says it is Ok.

Joel 2:28-29
28 “And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.
29 And also on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12, purple_A

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7600

• Godsadvicegiver12
Check out what DR. C said on this link.

guidemagazine.org/forum/22-ask-dr-c/7277-input
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2, LegoAnimations200, mknz12

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7628

• tim33
I want to ask everyone to pray about it, and come to the Bible taking its message for what it is, that doesn't mean we will agree but we will at least know that we have earnestly sought the truth.

I amm still undecided and am open to both sides of the discussion.

My point is, don't go to the Bible loking for evidence for only your point of view, look at the issue in the Bible with and unbiased approach.

God Bless
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaughterOfGod13, Quirky

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7640

Ellen White said clearly, “There are women who should labor in the gospel ministry. In many respects they would do more good than the ministers who neglect to visit the flock of God. Women who do such labor, especially full-time, were to be paid fairly from the title for their work. “The tithe should go to those who labor in word and doctrine, be they men or women. She added, “Seventh-day Adventists are not in any way to belittle woman’s work.

Some believe that Mrs. White thus called for elimination of any role distinction between men and women in the ministry of the Adventist Church. The fairness she urged in the treatment of women workers, they say, should be understood to include ordination to the gospel ministry irrespective of gender.

Yet Mrs. White did not make that connection. Her statement, “There are women who should labor in the gospel ministry,” comes from a manuscript whose opening paragraph says: “The ministers are paid for their work, and this is well. And if the Lord gives the wife as well as the husband the burden of labor, and if she devotes her time and her strength to visiting from family to family, opening the Scriptures to them, although the hands of ordination have not been laid upon her, she is accomplishing a work that is in the line of ministry. Should her labors be counted as nought, and her husband’s salary be no more than that of the servant of God whose wife does not give herself to the work, but remains at home to care for her family?”

The subject under discussion is the pay of ministers’ wives, and the kind of work they are doing is described as visiting homes and opening the Scriptures to the families. Further, rather than seeing ordination as a remedy to the injustice regarding pay, Mrs. White dismisses it as irrelevant to the issue. Her point is simply that those ministers’ wives who function as what we would call Bible instructors are “accomplishing a work that is in the line of ministry,” and they should be paid for it.

It is in this setting that Mrs. White’s statement “There are women who should labor in the gospel ministry” appears. The sentence that follows it underscores the nature of the work she envisioned for these women: “In many respects they would do more good than the ministers who neglect to visit the flock of God.” Immediately she adds, “Husband and wife may unite in this work, and when it is possible, they should. The way is open for consecrated women.”

So it seems that she was not calling for women to function in the same roles as do men, but rather to have a complementary ministry that focuses on personal work.

- Prove All Things, pp. 275-276. And if ur wondering i copied from what the site tim33 shared
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12, Godsadvicegiver12, Quirky, Going4God

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7656

• tix
  • Thank you received: 5
We are not here.to plck and choose who shall come for we are the body. Of Christ. In other words God just puts in who he wants
The following user(s) said Thank You: mounty5, InspiredThinker, mknz12, Livinglegend, Going4God

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7673

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1213
my dad is a pastor. so from what i understand about pastoral work, you cant just choose. you have to be called by GOD himself. (although i have no desire to be a pastor :P )
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: LegoAnimations200, Hyperactive247, mknz12, 12pearlygates

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7712

• roosmom
  • Thank you received: 2
You know, I believe that women should not be ordained. I believe this because, the general conference is the highest voice of God on earth. The general conference has voted no to this matter. Women at the moment can be commisioned. This means that they can be pastors. they can be missionarys. they can not do some of the other thinigs, but that is OK. The bible says something about this. It says that women should be able to help to, which they can. What do you guys think?
The following user(s) said Thank You: noble240

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7747

EXUSE ME? Is this even worth discussing? Women are equal to men, back then women were unfairly treated. Men were treated higher, or better. That isn't true, God created men and women equal, different, but equal. Because of culture back then Paul said what was taught by his parents. God inspired the Bible, but I'm sure if God had written the bible, he wouldn' have written that. Women should be oradained, and they should be allowed to baptize, and they should be allowed to marry people. That is my opinion, don't take it personnally.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2, Faithful2Godme, Cassie, mknz12, mittens92999, Mercylove

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7775

• Godsadvicegiver12
Tim33, I know that you are open to both sides and that you are undecided about this topic. I was for a while until I asked my pastor for his advice. If I were you, I would go talk it ober with your pastor. He might have different views then my pastor, because every pastor has different views. I would be interested to see what the views are of this subject from your pastor.

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7826

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
The highest voice of god on earth? That's what Catholics say about the pope. ( not trying to start a war)

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Going4God

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7843

• purple_A
  • Thank you received: 244
Wow, here goes another argument! Can you guys PLEASE stop fighting over this! Remember, God doesn't want us to argue!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hyperactive247, Mercylove

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7847

• tim33
Actually Godsadvicegiver, I have talked to my pastor, he is also my dad ironically, anyway he hasn't fully made up his mind either-

The general conference has asked that women don't be ordained until after they make a decision on the issue at the generan conference sesion coming up.

Until then i think we should respect the church's decision because they are still considering the answer.

They preveously have decided that women shouldn't be ordained based on puely Biblical reasons,

I don't think that it is easy to get a picture of the right side of the argument from the Bible, It is not clearcut- its not black and white-

Most people that think there shouldn't be women pastors think that, women can preach and teach and be prophets, they don't think that they can take that leadership role over the whole church- therefore they think that there can be women preachers- women can still do many of the things pastors do- they can't be in that position of leadership over a church.

I am still praying and thinking about this and haven't yet made up my mind.

God Bless
The following user(s) said Thank You: macboy10, faithforever, Godsadvicegiver12

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7848

• tim33
Roosmum, the general conference can still get things wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaughterOfGod13, mknz12, Going4God

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7879

• Godsadvicegiver12
I understand Tim33

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7912

• trio3
  • I'm...a baby? o_O
  • Thank you received: 577
I wish we could walk up the stairs of heaven and ask God directly (although we can do that in prayer). It would be a lot easier than wondering and giving our human flesh opinions.
Life will always end in closure; unless, of course, it doesn't.

-Unknown

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, 12pearlygates

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7925

• tim33
yeah, i agree trio3, that would be convenient.

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7926

• tim33
actually picklepuppy9, I don't think we are arguing, this is a friendly discussion, not and argument.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2, DaughterOfGod13, im a beekeeper

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7997

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
Yesterday the columbian union voted in favor of women ordination, with 209 in favor, 59 against, and 11 who didn't vote. Ted Wilson himself asked delegate to vote against it. For more info check this link out: www.atoday.org/article/1314/news/july-he...ion-of-women-pastors

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #8062

• tim33
Ted Wilson probably said that mainly because the general conference asked specifically that conferences don't vote in favor of women ordination until the next general conference meeting where they will decide- why rush ahead of the church? the decision is still pending.
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds