Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Women Pastors?

Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #6896

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 781
What do you think about having women pastors in the Church?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: animallover2003, Livinglegend

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7003

• trio3
  • I'm...a baby? o_O
  • Thank you received: 576
Everyone can work for God.
Life will always end in closure; unless, of course, it doesn't.

-Unknown

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies
The following user(s) said Thank You: mounty5, AH12, piggl3t, mknz12, kendriikkd, animallover2003, Cupcake, mittens92999, N7BJW, Mercylove and this user have 5 others thankyou

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 3 months ago #7015

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1208
there is nothing wrong with it women in the bible were prophets
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: AH12, piggl3t, mknz12, animallover2003, mittens92999, Mercylove, Going4God

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7086

just watch it
My life is my testimony
The following user(s) said Thank You: Livinglegend

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7133

• tim33
I have to say that I am still undecided, Paul has some pretty strong things to say that point to not have female pastors, It is a very hard subject to understand.

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7200

• AbigailGodgirl
  • I love photography, animals, and snowboarding!
  • Thank you received: 59
i don't think so. God ordained it that MEN are to be the spiritual leaders of the curch. Just like it is a womans job to care for children and cook and clean, ect. Just my personal prefrance. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mounty5, isabella101, ladybug101, funeral, noble240, Hadassa, $ummertime$adne$$, 13and lovingit, honeyflower, tbhorse and this user have 8 others thankyou

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7213

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
Personally, I want to be a pastor. I am a girl. I think that it is fine. God can use women to spread his work too.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: piggl3t, sophie, mknz12, mittens92999, N7BJW, Mercylove, Going4God, missionarykid, ken10wil

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7229

I think it is completely wrong. It is clearly stated in the Bible. Ellen White a prophet chosen by God wasn't even ordained as a minister. I believe women can take a part in the church service but not as a minister. Women have great knowledge, but it can be used in other ways. This is how I stand. Just wanted to add that i feel this way..... as a girl.
Katelynn
The following user(s) said Thank You: webkid, ladybug101, noble240, jesusROCKS1234, $ummertime$adne$$, AbigailGodgirl, 13and lovingit, Quirky, awesomeA, SecretlyWandering and this user have 8 others thankyou

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7253

• trio3
  • I'm...a baby? o_O
Now i don't have a definite answer anymore :S

-Unknown

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies
The following user(s) said Thank You: awesomeA

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7260

• sophie
  • i like life
  • Thank you received: 49
I think that women pastors are fine. one used to pastor our church and she got the biggest amount of converts. she did amazing street work, had powerful sermons, and was called by God to do it.
However, I do understand why women shouldn't be pastors. While she was an amazing gift to the church, she wasn't there for her family which resulted in a big mess for the kids...
:)
life is like music. there are good times and bad times just like there are good songs and bad ones. there is always a creator of the songs just like there is a Creator of life. and the music goes on even after the song stops. just like we will have eternal life in Christ.

GUIDE SENIOR CITIZEN ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: piggl3t, $ummertime$adne$$, Living4Christ., Mercylove, Going4God, miss amazing

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7272

My mom is a pastor. I think that woman pastors are as good as any pastor....
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7275

I think Ravens and Orioles Lover is wrong. Isn't a prophet a little higher than a pastor, I mean, Pastors don't usually see visions. And if God can have a girl prophet, why not girl pastors. Besides, Women can do all the same jobs men can, why not be a pastor (women used to not be able to vote, too. And before that they were considered property). And what do you do about the stories where god calls women to be pastors, My mom is a pastor and she believes that she was called to the ministry. She believes that god directly asked her if she would be a pastor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12, Mercylove, LoveJoyPeace

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7327

• tim33
I am still not sure, here is the link to a website put together by Doug batchellor on why they think that women shouldn't be pastors...

www.christorculture.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: 13and lovingit, Godsadvicegiver12, awesomeA, IlikeEatingPi

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7347

• Godsadvicegiver12
Look at Joel 2:28-29, Acts 2:1-4, Galatians 3:28. But then Ellen White comes in. So I am not sure.

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7371

• trio3
  • I'm...a baby? o_O
tim33 has proof! Nowv i have to say women can not be pastors...no offense to people who might..take offense.

-Unknown

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies
The following user(s) said Thank You: ladybug101, $ummertime$adne$$, AbigailGodgirl, 13and lovingit, awesomeA

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7388

• thebighorsegirl
  • History rocks!!!!
  • Thank you received: 59
I do not believe that women should be pastors.
Please read this link, it's a little in-depth, but it's good.

http://http://secretsunsealed.org/Downloads/newsletter2Q12web.pdf

I don't want to offend anyone
The following user(s) said Thank You: ladybug101, AbigailGodgirl, awesomeA

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7392

• Godsadvicegiver12
OK guys. I got some quotes off christorculture.com/portfolio-view/respo...ic-union-conference/ They are 7 points that the Union Conference put forth.

"Whereas Scripture is clear that the end-time Church is blessed precisely because men and women preach God’s message (Joel 2:28, 29 and Fundamental Belief 17);

Whereas “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for all are one in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:28);

Whereas “differences between male and female must not be divisive among us” and “we are to serve and be served without partiality or reservation” (Fundamental Belief 14);

Whereas the Seventh-day Adventist Church is co-founded by a woman, Ellen G. White, who remains an authoritative and guiding voice;"

I don't want to start a fight, I just want to stand for what I believe. ok?

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7417

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 421
It's okay to have a girl pastor, it would just be awkward for a while. :/
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mercylove

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7428

• tim33
I have not fully made my mind up, on one hand the Bible seems to say that there shouldn't be women pastors, but how do we Know that Paul wasn't specifically refering to his culture only, maybe it was a present truth then, but in our culture it doesn't apply, ie like noah preached the flood would come in his time, we wouldn't preach that now, On the other hand common sense seems to say to me that God is not gender biased.

It is a hard topic to decide on.

God Bless
The following user(s) said Thank You: faithforever, Going4God, LoveJoyPeace

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7441

• Godsadvicegiver12
Hey tim33, I know that the Bible indicates that in a couople spots, but in the verses that I posted here seemed to say that it is alright. Could you give me some textes that indicate that woman shouldn't be pastors?
thanks
GB

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7445

• trio3
  • I'm...a baby? o_O
I take my definite answer back now... :unsure:

-Unknown

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7497

• tim33
Here are some texts I got off Christ or culture:

While it is understood that God has always used gifted women to teach, preach, prophesy, and minister, the scriptures do make a clear distinction in the spiritual roles of men and women.

This list of Bible facts is not meant as a complete argument for or against the ordination of women, but rather to provide a big-picture panorama of biblical benchmarks to help those researching the matter for themselves.

1). Following sin in the garden of Eden, God established male spiritual leadership within the family and church. See Genesis 3:16; 1 Timothy 2:13.

2). Only men were ever authorized to officiate in the offering of sacrifice. See Genesis 8:20; Job 1:5; Hebrews 11:4.

3). While the Lord called on the entire nation of Israel to be a kingdom of priests, only men were appointed to serve as priests for the sanctuary. See Exodus 12:3; 29:10.

4). Only men were anointed by God to serve as kings of Israel and Judah. One woman tried to forcibly install herself as a queen by killing her grandsons; she was later executed. See 2 Kings 11:1-13.

5). The New Testament begins by tracing the genealogy of Jesus through the male lineage. (Four famous women are mentioned in connection with their husbands.) See Matthew 1:1.

6). While Jesus desired that women share the gospel, He called only men to serve in the capacity of apostle. When Judas died, his replacement was chosen from among two men. See Mark 3:14; Acts 1:21.

7). While both men and women were baptized, only men are recorded as performing baptisms. See Acts 8:12; Acts 8:38.

8). The first seven deacons ordained to administrate and preach were all men. See Acts 6:3.

9). As Paul went from town to town appointing/ordaining elders, he chose only men. See 1 Timothy 3:2; Titus 1:5.

10). While two books in the Bible are named after women, most commentators agree all the books in the Bible were written by men. See 2 Peter 1:21.

11). There are seven examples in Scripture of women giving birth in connection with a miracle; all these miracle babies were male children who typified Christ. The mothers are Hannah, Sarah, Rebekah, Rachael, Manoah’s wife, the Shunammite women, and Elizabeth.

12). All patriarchal blessings were passed down from the fathers to the sons. See Genesis 27:4; Genesis 48:9.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, trio3, honeyflower, awesomeA, Going4God, IlikeEatingPi

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7500

• Godsadvicegiver12
Number 9, what the lady deacons that he appointed? He called himself and a woman named Phoebe, and some other people deacons.
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Godsadvicegiver12. Reason: It sounded rude and people wouldn't know what I mean

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7506

• Godsadvicegiver12
"This being the case I support people regardless of gender, race, etc who demonstrate the Holy Spirit working in their life, and acknowledging that blessing through a laying on of hands."-Pastor John
When he is talking about the laying on of hands he means ordination. I agree with him. No matter what the race or gender is, if the person has the HOly Spirit and feels impressed to be a minister, then they should be a loud to do it.
Again, I don't want to start a fight, I just am standing for what I believe.

Re: Women Pastors? 5 years 2 months ago #7516

• trio3
  • I'm...a baby? o_O
Once again tim33 has proof..soooo...i now have a definite answer..again.

-Unknown

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies
The following user(s) said Thank You: $ummertime$adne$$
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds