Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Musician?

Musician? 3 weeks 2 days ago #90540

• Etuc3
  • Jesus is my best freind
  • Thank you received: 37
Hi Guys, I wanted to know 2 things
1. Who play an instrument, what do you play, and do you play at church or with the church ban.
2. I'm 13 and i play the piano. The AY leader for my church wants me to play for AY. I said yes but i'm a bit nervous, anyone has any tips for playing the piano at church?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Musician? 3 weeks 2 days ago #90541

1. I play the violin and piano. I play my violin for offetory and special music sometimes, and I play my piano for two Sabbath schools.
2. My main tip is to practice a lot until you're really comfortable with the song. I'm not sure what AY is, but if other people are singing it's a lot harder to play without knowing the song like the back of your hand. And if you're nervous in front of people, just act like you're playing at your house/wherever you practice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Etuc3

Musician? 3 weeks 1 day ago #90556

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3189
1. I play violin but I just picked it up again and I'm a bit rusty on it so I haven't preformed or anything

2. ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: honeyflower

Musician? 3 weeks 1 day ago #90581

• horsegirl04
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 456
1. I play the piano and the violin, I played the violin yesterday for church, but I normally play the piano for church.
2. Try just playing the chords and building off of that :)

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Etuc3

Musician? 2 weeks 6 days ago #90611

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Keep calm swim & read on.(and do gymnaststics!)
  • Thank you received: 39
LolingforJesus wrote:
1. I play the violin and piano. I play my violin for offetory and special music sometimes, and I play my piano for two Sabbath schools.
2. My main tip is to practice a lot until you're really comfortable with the song. I'm not sure what AY is, but if other people are singing it's a lot harder to play without knowing the song like the back of your hand. And if you're nervous in front of people, just act like you're playing at your house/wherever you practice.
AY is a youth program after church, it stands for Adventist Youth :)
#StvernoIsAFemale#Pathfinder4EverIsaFemale#LemonwizardIsaFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement

4's my number
}""'^^"""{
I know pronounce my self in charge of the pencil until emmy01 returns.
#pathfindersisgreat
SNOW RULES
Happy birthday to all those born in Janurary:*)
I am a Gymnast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LolingforJesus

Musician? 2 weeks 6 days ago #90617

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Pollo y Papa Frita Philippians 4:13-
  • Thank you received: 224
I play the piano, saxophone, Upright Double Bass, Synths(Garage Band, Logic Pro X), recorder, drums kinda, and the water bottle(when you blow the top of it making a sound :P )

I play the saxophone in church during song service with the praise team. I also play for special music and offertory. Just last Sabbath me and my friends played the sax for special music.

Musician? 2 weeks 6 days ago #90628

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
pathfinder4ever wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
AY is a youth program after church, it stands for Adventist Youth :)
its actually AYS
#StvernoIsAFemale#Pathfinder4EverIsaFemale#LemonwizardIsaFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement

4's my number
}""'^^"""{
#pathfindersisgreat
SNOW RULES
I am a Gymnast.

Musician? 2 weeks 5 days ago #90631

• livvin4jc
  • NOW ONLINE
  • heyy guys
  • Thank you received: 1
1. i play violin, recorder, synths (garageband), guitar and um...i think thats it oh and keyboard

2. well i just played keyboard at church a couple weeks ago.... and it didnt go too well :unsure:
ories

Musician? 2 weeks 5 days ago #90635

jGod8865 wrote:
I play the piano, saxophone, Upright Double Bass, Synths(Garage Band, Logic Pro X), recorder, drums kinda, and the water bottle(when you blow the top of it making a sound :P )

I play the saxophone in church during song service with the praise team. I also play for special music and offertory. Just last Sabbath me and my friends played the sax for special music.
Oh I'm a professional water bottle player. People have begged me to play it for their wedding ;)

Musician? 2 weeks 3 days ago #90669

• horsegirl04
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 456
livvin4jc wrote:
1. i play violin, recorder, synths (garageband), guitar and um...i think thats it oh and keyboard

2. well i just played keyboard at church a couple weeks ago.... and it didnt go too well :unsure:
That's too bad

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: livvin4jc

Musician? 2 weeks 3 days ago #90683

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
LolingforJesus wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:

Oh I'm a professional water bottle player. People have begged me to play it for their wedding ;)

R u serious or r u joking right now

Musician? 2 weeks 3 days ago #90699

• Blue Tornado
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 893
i play video games

Jk, I just turned 16 and I play the piano and sing, performing both somewhat regularly for church.

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: rip
Roblox: BlueTorn

Musician? 2 weeks 2 days ago #90735

• Etuc3
LolingforJesus wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:

lol, i play it too, i guess we all have somethings in common

Musician? 2 weeks 2 days ago #90738

• TravelPastel
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 653
Blue Tornado wrote:
i play video games

Jk, I just turned 16 and I play the piano and sing, performing both somewhat regularly for church.
Happy belated! I thought you were older, you act/type so maturely!
GOD 1st.
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
˗ˏˋI'm a day dreamer and a night thinkerˊˎ˗

too lazy to have a fancy signature aha;;
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado

Musician? 2 weeks 3 hours ago #90791

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
TravelPastel wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
i play video games

Happy belated! I thought you were older, you act/type so maturely!

Yeah me too, I thought you were like 55 or something.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado

Musician? 1 week 6 days ago #90798

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1215
Etuc3 wrote:
1. Who play an instrument, what do you play, and do you play at church or with the church ban.
2. I'm 13 and i play the piano. The AY leader for my church wants me to play for AY. I said yes but i'm a bit nervous, anyone has any tips for playing the piano at church?
Hey Etuc3,
1. I play piano at home for recreation, but I've also played as background music for our evangelistic meetings.
2. Two things I can say: know your music well, well enough that you can play it without looking at the music, and don't look at the people if you're prone to stage fright or just get nervous performing in front of people.

Now the reasons. :silly:
1. If you know your music well enough to play without it, then even if you lose your spot or the music slides, or you forget to bring it, etc., you can still keep playing.
2. If you don't look at the people and you simply focus on the music (making sure you're going the same tempo as the singers :whistle: ), then you tend not to get as nervous.
And yeah, I speak from experience... :pinch: Plus, if you know the music by heart, then even when your head stops functioning with stage fright, you have muscle memory to keep things going. :lol:
Over and out,
Bp
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by bush possum. Reason: Grammatical clarification

Musician? 1 week 6 days ago #90804

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
lol :P :P :P :PLolingforJesus wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:

4's my number
}""'^^"""{
#pathfindersisgreat
SNOW RULES
I am a Gymnast.

Musician? 1 week 2 days ago #90879

• honeyflower
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Not a fruit loop..Veggie loop. ;)
  • Thank you received: 209
bush possum wrote:
Etuc3 wrote:
Hey Etuc3,
1. I play piano at home for recreation, but I've also played as background music for our evangelistic meetings.
2. Two things I can say: know your music well, well enough that you can play it without looking at the music, and don't look at the people if you're prone to stage fright or just get nervous performing in front of people.

1. If you know your music well enough to play without it, then even if you lose your spot or the music slides, or you forget to bring it, etc., you can still keep playing.
2. If you don't look at the people and you simply focus on the music (making sure you're going the same tempo as the singers :whistle: ), then you tend not to get as nervous.
And yeah, I speak from experience... :pinch: Plus, if you know the music by heart, then even when your head stops functioning with stage fright, you have muscle memory to keep things going. :lol:
Over and out,
Bp

Oooh, good advice. I'll take that advice, when I play for song service in less than 14 hours... :whistle:

But how on earth am I gonna memorize 8 hymns in the next few hours?
Let's try.

*runs to piano and starts furiously practicing*

:blink: :dry: :huh: :ohmy: :whistle: :pinch: :S

:lol:
#HONORARYEMMY :lol:
Ain't ain't a word, and I ain't gonna use it. ;)
I'm writing a book, called "Classical #b: A True Addiction Story". Anyone get it? ;)
I never let my schooling interfere with my education, and always and never are two words you should always remember never to use. :whistle:

Musician? 1 day 4 hours ago #91037

• Etuc3
bush possum wrote:
Etuc3 wrote:
Hey Etuc3,

Over and out,
Bp
Thanks for the advice. I will use it the next time i play
BTW when i played at AY it was easier than i expected

Musician? 1 day 1 hour ago #91043

jGod8865 wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:

Lol yes I'm joking :lol: I don't know anyone who would want a water bottle player in their wedding

Musician? 3 hours 25 minutes ago #91051

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3189
LolingforJesus wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:

Lol yes I'm joking :lol: I don't know anyone who would want a water bottle player in their wedding

Ya never now. I know a guy who can play music with a hand saw and a piece of string
The following user(s) said Thank You: honeyflower
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds