• Page:

TOPIC: Church Music...

Church Music... 1 year 9 months ago #55223

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1945
Here are some quotes I read from a book by Rick Warren:

If it (music) is offered to God in spirit and in truth, it is an act of worship.

There is no such thing as "Christian" music; there are only Christian lyrics. It is the words that make a song sacred, not the tune.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big al

Church Music... 1 year 9 months ago #55455

I personally think that any instrument can be used to praise God, as long as it is played in a good way (like not crazy and stuff...to where you can't even understand the words). In my church, all we do is sing hymns. But I really like praise songs and I wish we would sing those too. Songs like...
As the deer
Shout to the Lord
You are my hiding place
Songs like those..:)

Church Music... 1 year 9 months ago #55681

• maplesyruphotel9
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Thank you received: 131
I agree with Blue Tornado cuz i think if u have like electric guitars,drums, and like all that other loud stuff is just bad to have in church....
I think its good to have like a piano,organ, guitars, or other nice instruments like: flutes,clarinets, harps,violins, or other things like that in church.
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3

BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: SushiCat (My friend and I's channel)

Church Music... 1 year 9 months ago #55725

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1215
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Music Is Made a Snare

The things you have described as taking place in Indiana, [These comments were made in connection with the “Holy Flesh” Movement at the Indiana camp meeting of 1900. For further details, see Selected Messages 2:31-39.] the Lord has shown me would take place just before the close of probation. Every uncouth thing will be demonstrated. There will be shouting, with drums, music, and dancing. The senses of rational beings will become so confused that they cannot be trusted to make right decisions.... LDE 159.1

A bedlam of noise shocks the senses and perverts that which if conducted aright might be a blessing. The powers of satanic agencies blend with the din and noise to have a carnival, and this is termed the Holy Spirit’s working.... Those things which have been in the past will be in the future. Satan will make music a snare by the way in which it is conducted.—Selected Messages 2:36, 38 (1900). LDE 159.2
Let us give no place to strange exercisings, which really take the mind away from the deep movings of the Holy Spirit. God’s work is ever characterized by calmness and dignity.—Selected Messages 2:42 (1908). LDE 159.3

As always Quirky, context is key. Mrs. White's words on the Holy Flesh Movement are not a definitive statement against the use of drums in church. The "music" of the Holy Flesh Movement involved a bunch of instruments playing together chaotically. Mrs. White was not opposed to percussive instruments in church, but to the chaotic worship services of the Holy Flesh Movement where praying, shouting, prostrating, singing and music all occured at the same time, resulting in absolute confusion.

I hear what your sayjng although loud music, heavy beats, people singing in pitches so high that no one knows what they are saying but they stand up and wave their hands anyway ...Idk, that all sounds like confusion to me.

Loud music? Does David not command praising God upon the "loud cymbals and the high-sounding cymbals (Psalms 150:5)"?
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter

Church Music... 1 year 9 months ago #55754

• 20awesome00
  • Guitar + Lake = :)
  • Thank you received: 384
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Music Is Made a Snare

The things you have described as taking place in Indiana, [These comments were made in connection with the “Holy Flesh” Movement at the Indiana camp meeting of 1900. For further details, see Selected Messages 2:31-39.] the Lord has shown me would take place just before the close of probation. Every uncouth thing will be demonstrated. There will be shouting, with drums, music, and dancing. The senses of rational beings will become so confused that they cannot be trusted to make right decisions.... LDE 159.1

A bedlam of noise shocks the senses and perverts that which if conducted aright might be a blessing. The powers of satanic agencies blend with the din and noise to have a carnival, and this is termed the Holy Spirit’s working.... Those things which have been in the past will be in the future. Satan will make music a snare by the way in which it is conducted.—Selected Messages 2:36, 38 (1900). LDE 159.2
Let us give no place to strange exercisings, which really take the mind away from the deep movings of the Holy Spirit. God’s work is ever characterized by calmness and dignity.—Selected Messages 2:42 (1908). LDE 159.3

As always Quirky, context is key. Mrs. White's words on the Holy Flesh Movement are not a definitive statement against the use of drums in church. The "music" of the Holy Flesh Movement involved a bunch of instruments playing together chaotically. Mrs. White was not opposed to percussive instruments in church, but to the chaotic worship services of the Holy Flesh Movement where praying, shouting, prostrating, singing and music all occured at the same time, resulting in absolute confusion.

I hear what your sayjng although loud music, heavy beats, people singing in pitches so high that no one knows what they are saying but they stand up and wave their hands anyway ...Idk, that all sounds like confusion to me.

Loud music? Does David not command praising God upon the "loud cymbals and the high-sounding cymbals (Psalms 150:5)"?
That is true, but I think that when it gets to the point of not being able to hear the words that you are supposed to be using to praise God, isn't that a bit much? How can you praise and worship God if you don't know what your saying?
Try being informed instead of just opinionated...
The following user(s) said Thank You: sekayi_101

Church Music... 1 year 9 months ago #55789

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2992
@InspiredThinker

Well then maybe i dont know what praising God looks like.

Church Music... 1 year 9 months ago #55868

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
20awesome00 wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Music Is Made a Snare

That is true, but I think that when it gets to the point of not being able to hear the words that you are supposed to be using to praise God, isn't that a bit much? How can you praise and worship God if you don't know what your saying?

that's not how all of that music is played!!!!
- Guilty by Newsboys

Church Music... 1 year 9 months ago #55869

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
Quirky wrote:
@InspiredThinker

Well then maybe i dont know what praising God looks like.

It isn't that. You have your own way and others have a different way. There is no wrong or right way as long as it is given to God with true love.
- Guilty by Newsboys

Church Music... 1 year 8 months ago #56379

• 20awesome00
  • Guitar + Lake = :)
  • Thank you received: 384
Mp137 wrote:
20awesome00 wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Music Is Made a Snare

I know that it isn't how all music is played, but it was being played like that at the camp I was at and it kind of put me off a lot... The main thing is, at what point is it too much? Every one has a different opinion on that so who gets to decide? Should we err on the side of caution and play more conservative music for those that find that more worshipful or the more liberal music for those that enjoy that kind of music?
Try being informed instead of just opinionated...

Church Music... 1 year 8 months ago #56596

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
20awesome00 wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
20awesome00 wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Music Is Made a Snare

I know that it isn't how all music is played, but it was being played like that at the camp I was at and it kind of put me off a lot... The main thing is, at what point is it too much? Every one has a different opinion on that so who gets to decide? Should we err on the side of caution and play more conservative music for those that find that more worshipful or the more liberal music for those that enjoy that kind of music?

That is a very difficult question because there is no wrong answer.
- Guilty by Newsboys

Church Music... 1 year 7 months ago #57080

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 346
amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception-music-worship-controversy

Read this great article about worship music, especially the last two paragraphs.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds