Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Song of Soloman

Song of Soloman 2 years 3 weeks ago #52012

• Big al
  • I just Love being Me and Hearts
  • Thank you received: 225
Hey Everyone. I just read a really interesting Description/introduction to Song of Songs Tell me what you think :)

Has someone ever sent you a Love note? or a Valentine card?

"I’ll Love you Forever"

"You are My One and only"

“Had I the pen of a poet, had I the stars to give you even then I couldn't show it...”
(I wrote that aren’t you surprised)

But the most Daring of Romeos will blush at what you are about to read- “The song of Songs.” It is a Love poem that records the feelings and thoughts between Solomon and his Bride.

It is Unlike Anything in the BIble. For that reason it should be read Differently than any other book in the bible. Don’t take it Literally. Don’t search for Hidden messages. Love letters are to be enjoyed not examined.

Don’t get hung up on the ancient terms of Love. Sure they sound strange. My wife would not appreciate being told her neck is like “David’s Tower”(4:4) Or that her teeth are like “newly sheared sheep”(4:2) Just remember that these words were not written for you. You are opening someone else’s ancient Shoebox and reading their Love letters

I guess God knew we needed a reminder that Romance was His Idea
Too many years trying not to rock the boat
I gotta quote, "I don't wanna rock the boat, I wanna sink it"
Ima just do it

KB. Ima Just Do It
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Song of Soloman 2 years 2 weeks ago #52218

• Mp137
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
That's cool. B)
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Song of Soloman 1 year 10 months ago #53977

While what that intro says about romance being God's creation, and song of Solomon is there to remind us of that is true, it is not just reading someones love letters but rather it is also about the love of God for his people, Remember the church is referred to as the bride of Christ, so while it is about the love of a man for his wife it is also about Christ's love for his bride the church
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds