Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: How often do you watch 3ABN?

• Page:

TOPIC: 3ABN

3ABN 1 year 11 months ago #53376

• endev15
  • Follow me @endev15 on Instagram to learn about me.
  • Thank you received: 5
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
We used to watch it but not anymore seeing that we don't have internet or anything right now.how come you don't watch it? Just wondering

Something about Danny Shelton and the 3ABN board bothers me. There are good, God-fearing people that sit on the board, but many of the major players aren't.

Why does the "board brothers" bother you?
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 1 year 11 months ago #53587

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1215
endev15 wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
We used to watch it but not anymore seeing that we don't have internet or anything right now.how come you don't watch it? Just wondering

Something about Danny Shelton and the 3ABN board bothers me. There are good, God-fearing people that sit on the board, but many of the major players aren't.

The absolute power the 3ABN president has, and the board's willingness to go along with what the president does. For example, Danny Shelton once fired 3ABN's European liason because he opposed re-nominating Shelton as an elder in the local church.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter

3ABN 1 year 9 months ago #55535

• Joy
  • Aussie, Ausie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!
  • Thank you received: 53
InspiredThinker wrote:
endev15 wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:

The absolute power the 3ABN president has, and the board's willingness to go along with what the president does. For example, Danny Shelton once fired 3ABN's European liason because he opposed re-nominating Shelton as an elder in the local church.

May I ask where you heard that information? :)
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
― André Gide

3ABN 1 year 9 months ago #55712

• miss amazing
  • Hurry up Summer!
  • Thank you received: 194
Joy wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
endev15 wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:

I think you might be getting your facts from an unreliable source Inspired Thinker.

May I ask where you heard that information? :)
Hannah...always a kiwi at heart.

3ABN 1 year 3 weeks ago #62282

• Peach1
  • I love God, my Bible, my family, and my church
  • Thank you received: 86
Quirky wrote:
Have you heard of nurolinguistic programming? It's a type of teaching were the preachers use words (linguistic) to hypnotise the people (nuro). It's kind of weird. We think David Asserick does it.....I don't trust 3abn that much anymore. :dry:

What?????? I looooooooooove 3ABN.

3ABN 1 year 3 weeks ago #62436

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 528
Hey Quirky, way back earlier you said "...my bro (trio3)..."
Are you siblings? Are you friends? What's with that?
(Btw sorry if I'm being nosy)
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

3ABN 1 year 3 weeks ago #62443

@Quirky, Neurolinguistic programming requires A. intimate knowledge of the person, or B. to be having a conversation with that person. as such, it is very difficult to use it on a large group, while on that it is difficult to use it to any degree on a person unless you are very aware, very good, and the other person's defenses are lowered. And Based on what i personally know about David Asscherick, and my various personal Interactions with him (My brother went to ARISE) I'm pretty positive he wouldn't use it even if he could, I think that what you have seen is just basically a technique used by public speakers to keep your attention, because if you just stand in one place speaking then people's attention tends to wander, so by speaking with emotion, moving around, and generally being energetic, you can keep an audience's attention much better because your brain tends to automatically follow movement.

And as far as 3ABN goes, I would say that while i most certainly don't agree and actually despise some of the actions of some of the leaders of 3ABN, I do believe that the network is being used by God for good.
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

3ABN 1 year 3 weeks ago #62692

• Quirky
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2979
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Hey Quirky, way back earlier you said "...my bro (trio3)..."
Are you siblings? Are you friends? What's with that?
(Btw sorry if I'm being nosy)

Trio3 is my brother

3ABN 1 year 3 weeks ago #62693

• Quirky
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2979
Hey guys! I thought that I posted this already but I guess I didn't. I was going to say that I renig my post about David Assherick because I don't know anything for certain and it's not fair to judge people based on hearsay. Sorry 'bout that
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds