Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: How often do you watch 3ABN?

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: 3ABN

3ABN 2 years 3 months ago #49462

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
Just wondering.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 3 months ago #49517

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
We used to watch it but not anymore seeing that we don't have internet or anything right now.how come you don't watch it? Just wondering
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 2 months ago #49605

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
Quirky wrote:
We used to watch it but not anymore seeing that we don't have internet or anything right now.how come you don't watch it? Just wondering

Something about Danny Shelton and the 3ABN board bothers me. There are good, God-fearing people that sit on the board, but many of the major players aren't.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 2 months ago #49733

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
Have you heard of nurolinguistic programming? It's a type of teaching were the preachers use words (linguistic) to hypnotise the people (nuro). It's kind of weird. We think David Asserick does it.....I don't trust 3abn that much anymore. :dry:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 2 months ago #49767

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
Quirky wrote:
Have you heard of nurolinguistic programming? It's a type of teaching were the preachers use words (linguistic) to hypnotise the people (nuro). It's kind of weird. We think David Asserick does it.....I don't trust 3abn that much anymore. :dry:

NLP doesn't work. It's like hypnosis; it only works if you want it to.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 2 months ago #50060

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
But what if you don't know that it's being done to you?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 2 months ago #50110

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
Quirky wrote:
But what if you don't know that it's being done to you?
'

Before I begin, at the risk of sounding pretentious or stuck-up, you defined it wrong in your original post. The "Neuro" refers to the brain

Anyway, NLP is just glorified hypnosis. It’s completely unregulated, and becoming qualified in NLP can sometimes involve little more than paying your fees and remaining in the room until the certificates are handed out. ‘Practitioners’ can range from compelling businesspeople to raving lunatics, and nothing is ever done to find out whether what trainers are doing is accurate or morally responsible.

There are many myths and misconceptions about hypnosis; a person can't be hypnotized unless he or she wants to be, and a hypnotized person is not under anyone's control but their own.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 1 month ago #50840

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
Sorry about the misspelling in my first post (I can never get that word right :pinch: ). But I kinda he s r what you're saying, although I don't totally agree. I do need to do more research on the subject though.


*Side note* Is there a Spiritual Formation course at Oakwood? I know, so off topic (not really) but I just wanted to know.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 1 month ago #50913

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
Quirky wrote:
Sorry about the misspelling in my first post (I can never get that word right :pinch: ). But I kinda he s r what you're saying, although I don't totally agree. I do need to do more research on the subject though.


*Side note* Is there a Spiritual Formation course at Oakwood? I know, so off topic (not really) but I just wanted to know.
Yes. It's called Foundations in Biblical Spirituality. I think you may be referring to an inaccurate video posted by a disgruntled former student. At Oakwood, non-theology majors are required to take 4 religion classes to graduate. "Spiritual Formation" as Oakwood used it literally means forming a spiritual life, and learning the differences between corporate, personal, and social spirituality. Here is a link to the course syllabus:
www.oakwood.edu/zPublic/about-oakwood/Sp...n-RP131-Syllabus.pdf
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 1 month ago #50938

  • miss amazing
  • miss amazing's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Hurry up Summer!
  • Posts: 331
  • Thank you received: 194
I don't mind 3ABN. It can just get a little boring sometimes. They need to get some younger people and new programs on. They also need to update their music. The stuff they sing and the style could be from like 30 years ago! :huh: Quirky, about the hypnotic thing, I think you're being a bit superstitious. You have NO proof that David Asserick is hypnotising people. If anything it would be God speaking through him to convert and influence so many people. If you believe David Asserick hypnotises people than you might as well believe Ellen White did it. After all didn't she influence thousands of people? Even my Dad who is a pastor agrees with me.
Hannah...always a kiwi at heart.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: katsmyname, Mp137, IlikeEatingPi

3ABN 2 years 1 month ago #51077

  • Cool Cat
  • Cool Cat's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love computers and dirt bikes
  • Posts: 701
  • Thank you received: 224
Were in the world did you get the idea that he ''hypnotises'' people???That is just being suspicious for no reason.Quirky wrote:
Have you heard of nurolinguistic programming? It's a type of teaching were the preachers use words (linguistic) to hypnotise the people (nuro). It's kind of weird. We think David Asserick does it.....I don't trust 3abn that much anymore. :dry:
My website: HighGearMX.simplesite.com
Dirt bikes+computers= :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 1 month ago #51094

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
miss amazing wrote:
I don't mind 3ABN. It can just get a little boring sometimes. They need to get some younger people and new programs on. They also need to update their music. The stuff they sing and the style could be from like 30 years ago! :huh: Quirky, about the hypnotic thing, I think you're being a bit superstitious. You have NO proof that David Asserick is hypnotising people. If anything it would be God speaking through him to convert and influence so many people. If you believe David Asserick hypnotises people than you might as well believe Ellen White did it. After all didn't she influence thousands of people? Even my Dad who is a pastor agrees with me.

I don't think the word "superstitious" is the word you're looking for. Paranoid, conspiracy theorist, loony, all of those would fit better. Superstitious is when someone does something or doesn't do something to avoid bad luck or get good luck. It think you know that I'm not doing that. But I'm not paranoid or anything either so I think I'd be best for you to not judge a book by its cover or by your own understanding of things :) :) .

@InspiredThinker, I don't get what you mean you said that I probably watch a video made by a disgruntle Oakwood student. What were you referring to?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 1 month ago #51212

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
Quirky wrote:
miss amazing wrote:
I don't mind 3ABN. It can just get a little boring sometimes. They need to get some younger people and new programs on. They also need to update their music. The stuff they sing and the style could be from like 30 years ago! :huh: Quirky, about the hypnotic thing, I think you're being a bit superstitious. You have NO proof that David Asserick is hypnotising people. If anything it would be God speaking through him to convert and influence so many people. If you believe David Asserick hypnotises people than you might as well believe Ellen White did it. After all didn't she influence thousands of people? Even my Dad who is a pastor agrees with me.

I don't think the word "superstitious" is the word you're looking for. Paranoid, conspiracy theorist, loony, all of those would fit better. Superstitious is when someone does something or doesn't do something to avoid bad luck or get good luck. It think you know that I'm not doing that. But I'm not paranoid or anything either so I think I'd be best for you to not judge a book by its cover or by your own understanding of things :) :) .

@InspiredThinker, I don't get what you mean you said that I probably watch a video made by a disgruntle Oakwood student. What were you referring to?

The controversy over Foundations in Biblical Spirituality happened when a disgruntled former Oakwood student posted a video attacking the course. The term Spiritual Formation is somewhat controversial to SDAs because it was coined by a pope. However, it literally means forming a spiritual life.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 1 month ago #51412

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
miss amazing wrote:
I don't mind 3ABN. It can just get a little boring sometimes. They need to get some younger people and new programs on. They also need to update their music. The stuff they sing and the style could be from like 30 years ago! :huh: Quirky, about the hypnotic thing, I think you're being a bit superstitious. You have NO proof that David Asserick is hypnotising people. If anything it would be God speaking through him to convert and influence so many people. If you believe David Asserick hypnotises people than you might as well believe Ellen White did it. After all didn't she influence thousands of people? Even my Dad who is a pastor agrees with me.

I don't think the word "superstitious" is the word you're looking for. Paranoid, conspiracy theorist, loony, all of those would fit better. Superstitious is when someone does something or doesn't do something to avoid bad luck or get good luck. It think you know that I'm not doing that. But I'm not paranoid or anything either so I think I'd be best for you to not judge a book by its cover or by your own understanding of things :) :) .

@InspiredThinker, I don't get what you mean you said that I probably watch a video made by a disgruntle Oakwood student. What were you referring to?

The controversy over Foundations in Biblical Spirituality happened when a disgruntled former Oakwood student posted a video attacking the course. The term Spiritual Formation is somewhat controversial to SDAs because it was coined by a pope. However, it literally means forming a spiritual life.


ahhh, okay. i still think its wack even though i didn't see the video but okay.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 1 month ago #51413

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
Cool Cat wrote:
Were in the world did you get the idea that he ''hypnotises'' people???That is just being suspicious for no reason.Quirky wrote:
Have you heard of nurolinguistic programming? It's a type of teaching were the preachers use words (linguistic) to hypnotise the people (nuro). It's kind of weird. We think David Asserick does it.....I don't trust 3abn that much anymore. :dry:

...let me put it this way. Look up Neuro linguistic programming and see what it is for yourself. i'm not being suspicious for no reason; if i here that someone may be doing something to the injury of another person or persons, i'm gonna be suspicious. Do you exepect me to just ignore something dangerous or sketchy?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 1 month ago #51464

  • miss amazing
  • miss amazing's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Hurry up Summer!
  • Posts: 331
  • Thank you received: 194
Quirky wrote:
Cool Cat wrote:
Were in the world did you get the idea that he ''hypnotises'' people???That is just being suspicious for no reason.Quirky wrote:
Have you heard of nurolinguistic programming? It's a type of teaching were the preachers use words (linguistic) to hypnotise the people (nuro). It's kind of weird. We think David Asserick does it.....I don't trust 3abn that much anymore. :dry:

...let me put it this way. Look up Neuro linguistic programming and see what it is for yourself. i'm not being suspicious for no reason; if i here that someone may be doing something to the injury of another person or persons, i'm gonna be suspicious. Do you exepect me to just ignore something dangerous or sketchy?
Give me the reasons y u think he is hypnotising people pleaz.
Hannah...always a kiwi at heart.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 1 month ago #51536

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
miss amazing wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Cool Cat wrote:
Were in the world did you get the idea that he ''hypnotises'' people???That is just being suspicious for no reason.Quirky wrote:
Have you heard of nurolinguistic programming? It's a type of teaching were the preachers use words (linguistic) to hypnotise the people (nuro). It's kind of weird. We think David Asserick does it.....I don't trust 3abn that much anymore. :dry:

...let me put it this way. Look up Neuro linguistic programming and see what it is for yourself. i'm not being suspicious for no reason; if i here that someone may be doing something to the injury of another person or persons, i'm gonna be suspicious. Do you exepect me to just ignore something dangerous or sketchy?
Give me the reasons y u think he is hypnotising people pleaz.

Okay, before I begin, I want to clarify that I'm not talking about the kind of hypnotizing where you swing an amulet in front of someone's face and tell them that they are getting sleepy. NLP is basically causing someone to believe that a lie is true. Neurolinguistic programming- Neuro dealing with the mind and understanding how it works, linguistic dealing with language (raising and lowering your voice, repetion of words, causing the mind to loose its capacity to reason (like if I said "God is good" you would respond with "All the time", if I say that to you over and over again you will stop thinking about the words that you are saying). All of this is programming the mind to not catch error when it is spoken. Truth, truth, truth, lie, truth truth truth. That's basically what NLP is.

Now, do I think that David Assherrick uses NLP? 'Tis possible. In one video that I watched he did a lot of snapping, changing of his voice, and at one point he spoke error and I wouldn't have caught it if my bro (trio3) didn't pause and show us a scripture that pretty much went against Mr. David said.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 1 month ago #51586

  • stone
  • stone's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 22
  • Thank you received: 16
Quirky wrote:
miss amazing wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Cool Cat wrote:
Were in the world did you get the idea that he ''hypnotises'' people???That is just being suspicious for no reason.Quirky wrote:
Have you heard of nurolinguistic programming? It's a type of teaching were the preachers use words (linguistic) to hypnotise the people (nuro). It's kind of weird. We think David Asserick does it.....I don't trust 3abn that much anymore. :dry:

...let me put it this way. Look up Neuro linguistic programming and see what it is for yourself. i'm not being suspicious for no reason; if i here that someone may be doing something to the injury of another person or persons, i'm gonna be suspicious. Do you exepect me to just ignore something dangerous or sketchy?
Give me the reasons y u think he is hypnotising people pleaz.

Okay, before I begin, I want to clarify that I'm not talking about the kind of hypnotizing where you swing an amulet in front of someone's face and tell them that they are getting sleepy. NLP is basically causing someone to believe that a lie is true. Neurolinguistic programming- Neuro dealing with the mind and understanding how it works, linguistic dealing with language (raising and lowering your voice, repetion of words, causing the mind to loose its capacity to reason (like if I said "God is good" you would respond with "All the time", if I say that to you over and over again you will stop thinking about the words that you are saying). All of this is programming the mind to not catch error when it is spoken. Truth, truth, truth, lie, truth truth truth. That's basically what NLP is.

Now, do I think that David Assherrick uses NLP? 'Tis possible. In one video that I watched he did a lot of snapping, changing of his voice, and at one point he spoke error and I wouldn't have caught it if my bro (trio3) didn't pause and show us a scripture that pretty much went against Mr. David said.

I don't know if that's a good example. Many pastors unintentionally make small errors when they speak; it's purely accidental. It is almost impossible to speak perfectly in public. And I don't think you can blame Pastor Asscherick for you not paying attention and zoning out. The brain naturally stops paying attention to repetitive things, but it is controllable.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: miss amazing

3ABN 2 years 1 month ago #51587

  • stone
  • stone's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 22
  • Thank you received: 16
I don't watch 3ABN because of the lack of Christian behavior demonstrated by Danny Shelton, the Steensons, John Lomacang, and the 3ABN executive committee.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 1 month ago #51765

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
stone wrote:
Quirky wrote:
miss amazing wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Cool Cat wrote:
Were in the world did you get the idea that he ''hypnotises'' people???That is just being suspicious for no reason.Quirky wrote:
Have you heard of nurolinguistic programming? It's a type of teaching were the preachers use words (linguistic) to hypnotise the people (nuro). It's kind of weird. We think David Asserick does it.....I don't trust 3abn that much anymore. :dry:

...let me put it this way. Look up Neuro linguistic programming and see what it is for yourself. i'm not being suspicious for no reason; if i here that someone may be doing something to the injury of another person or persons, i'm gonna be suspicious. Do you exepect me to just ignore something dangerous or sketchy?
Give me the reasons y u think he is hypnotising people pleaz.

Okay, before I begin, I want to clarify that I'm not talking about the kind of hypnotizing where you swing an amulet in front of someone's face and tell them that they are getting sleepy. NLP is basically causing someone to believe that a lie is true. Neurolinguistic programming- Neuro dealing with the mind and understanding how it works, linguistic dealing with language (raising and lowering your voice, repetion of words, causing the mind to loose its capacity to reason (like if I said "God is good" you would respond with "All the time", if I say that to you over and over again you will stop thinking about the words that you are saying). All of this is programming the mind to not catch error when it is spoken. Truth, truth, truth, lie, truth truth truth. That's basically what NLP is.

Now, do I think that David Assherrick uses NLP? 'Tis possible. In one video that I watched he did a lot of snapping, changing of his voice, and at one point he spoke error and I wouldn't have caught it if my bro (trio3) didn't pause and show us a scripture that pretty much went against Mr. David said.

I don't know if that's a good example. Many pastors unintentionally make small errors when they speak; it's purely accidental. It is almost impossible to speak perfectly in public. And I don't think you can blame Pastor Asscherick for you not paying attention and zoning out. The brain naturally stops paying attention to repetitive things, but it is controllable.

There's a difference between making a mistake in what you say and intentionally speaking error. I'm not jumping on anyone because they accidentally make a mistake, but i'm being careful of hearing error in what someone says. Does that make sense? When using NLP someone intentionally slides one error between two truths. That's why i said truth. truth, truth, lie, truth. truth, truth. Are you saying that the "God is good" "All the time" example wasn't a good one? Need clarification before i jump the gun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 4 weeks ago #51844

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
Quirky wrote:
stone wrote:
Quirky wrote:
miss amazing wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Cool Cat wrote:
Were in the world did you get the idea that he ''hypnotises'' people???That is just being suspicious for no reason.Quirky wrote:
Have you heard of nurolinguistic programming? It's a type of teaching were the preachers use words (linguistic) to hypnotise the people (nuro). It's kind of weird. We think David Asserick does it.....I don't trust 3abn that much anymore. :dry:

...let me put it this way. Look up Neuro linguistic programming and see what it is for yourself. i'm not being suspicious for no reason; if i here that someone may be doing something to the injury of another person or persons, i'm gonna be suspicious. Do you exepect me to just ignore something dangerous or sketchy?
Give me the reasons y u think he is hypnotising people pleaz.

Okay, before I begin, I want to clarify that I'm not talking about the kind of hypnotizing where you swing an amulet in front of someone's face and tell them that they are getting sleepy. NLP is basically causing someone to believe that a lie is true. Neurolinguistic programming- Neuro dealing with the mind and understanding how it works, linguistic dealing with language (raising and lowering your voice, repetion of words, causing the mind to loose its capacity to reason (like if I said "God is good" you would respond with "All the time", if I say that to you over and over again you will stop thinking about the words that you are saying). All of this is programming the mind to not catch error when it is spoken. Truth, truth, truth, lie, truth truth truth. That's basically what NLP is.

Now, do I think that David Assherrick uses NLP? 'Tis possible. In one video that I watched he did a lot of snapping, changing of his voice, and at one point he spoke error and I wouldn't have caught it if my bro (trio3) didn't pause and show us a scripture that pretty much went against Mr. David said.

I don't know if that's a good example. Many pastors unintentionally make small errors when they speak; it's purely accidental. It is almost impossible to speak perfectly in public. And I don't think you can blame Pastor Asscherick for you not paying attention and zoning out. The brain naturally stops paying attention to repetitive things, but it is controllable.

There's a difference between making a mistake in what you say and intentionally speaking error. I'm not jumping on anyone because they accidentally make a mistake, but i'm being careful of hearing error in what someone says. Does that make sense? When using NLP someone intentionally slides one error between two truths. That's why i said truth. truth, truth, lie, truth. truth, truth. Are you saying that the "God is good" "All the time" example wasn't a good one? Need clarification before i jump the gun.

You don't know Pastor Asscherick is intentionally making errors. There is no such thing as a perfectly delivered sermon. Skipping portions, mixing up names, etc. happen all the time. For example, I was once watching a series presented by David Bohr where he stated that Rachel was the mother of Jacob. To me, Bohr sounds somewhat monotonous. So when he said Rachel was Jacob's mother, I could have missed it if I weren't trying to pay attention.

Was it an error? Certainly.

Was it intentional? Considering Pastor Bohr's status as a student of the Bible, no.

Anyway, this post isn't about the pseudoscience of neuro-linguistic programming. It's about Three Angels' Broadcasting Network, and I would appreciate it if we stayed on topic.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, miss amazing

3ABN 2 years 3 weeks ago #51973

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
stone wrote:
Quirky wrote:
miss amazing wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Cool Cat wrote:
Were in the world did you get the idea that he ''hypnotises'' people???That is just being suspicious for no reason.Quirky wrote:
Have you heard of nurolinguistic programming? It's a type of teaching were the preachers use words (linguistic) to hypnotise the people (nuro). It's kind of weird. We think David Asserick does it.....I don't trust 3abn that much anymore. :dry:

...let me put it this way. Look up Neuro linguistic programming and see what it is for yourself. i'm not being suspicious for no reason; if i here that someone may be doing something to the injury of another person or persons, i'm gonna be suspicious. Do you exepect me to just ignore something dangerous or sketchy?
Give me the reasons y u think he is hypnotising people pleaz.

Okay, before I begin, I want to clarify that I'm not talking about the kind of hypnotizing where you swing an amulet in front of someone's face and tell them that they are getting sleepy. NLP is basically causing someone to believe that a lie is true. Neurolinguistic programming- Neuro dealing with the mind and understanding how it works, linguistic dealing with language (raising and lowering your voice, repetion of words, causing the mind to loose its capacity to reason (like if I said "God is good" you would respond with "All the time", if I say that to you over and over again you will stop thinking about the words that you are saying). All of this is programming the mind to not catch error when it is spoken. Truth, truth, truth, lie, truth truth truth. That's basically what NLP is.

Now, do I think that David Assherrick uses NLP? 'Tis possible. In one video that I watched he did a lot of snapping, changing of his voice, and at one point he spoke error and I wouldn't have caught it if my bro (trio3) didn't pause and show us a scripture that pretty much went against Mr. David said.

I don't know if that's a good example. Many pastors unintentionally make small errors when they speak; it's purely accidental. It is almost impossible to speak perfectly in public. And I don't think you can blame Pastor Asscherick for you not paying attention and zoning out. The brain naturally stops paying attention to repetitive things, but it is controllable.

There's a difference between making a mistake in what you say and intentionally speaking error. I'm not jumping on anyone because they accidentally make a mistake, but i'm being careful of hearing error in what someone says. Does that make sense? When using NLP someone intentionally slides one error between two truths. That's why i said truth. truth, truth, lie, truth. truth, truth. Are you saying that the "God is good" "All the time" example wasn't a good one? Need clarification before i jump the gun.

You don't know Pastor Asscherick is intentionally making errors. There is no such thing as a perfectly delivered sermon. Skipping portions, mixing up names, etc. happen all the time. For example, I was once watching a series presented by David Bohr where he stated that Rachel was the mother of Jacob. To me, Bohr sounds somewhat monotonous. So when he said Rachel was Jacob's mother, I could have missed it if I weren't trying to pay attention.

Was it an error? Certainly.

Was it intentional? Considering Pastor Bohr's status as a student of the Bible, no.

Anyway, this post isn't about the pseudoscience of neuro-linguistic programming. It's about Three Angels' Broadcasting Network, and I would appreciate it if we stayed on topic.


okay, sorry about getting off topic. i just wanted to see if you knew about NLP; i didn't think the conversation thing would go on for so long. anyway, back to 3abn! :cheer:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker

3ABN 2 years 2 weeks ago #52150

  • Lloyd101
  • Lloyd101's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
  • Posts: 578
  • Thank you received: 328
I watch 3ABN and the Hope channel :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 2 weeks ago #52350

  • IlikeEatingPi
  • IlikeEatingPi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm Gluten Free :(
  • Posts: 139
  • Thank you received: 49
try watching hope channel or aftv if you are bored.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3ABN 2 years 18 hours ago #52817

  • IlikeEatingPi
  • IlikeEatingPi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm Gluten Free :(
  • Posts: 139
  • Thank you received: 49
One of the reasons David Assherrick does dat is because he talks with his hands alot. I just watched one of his videos and he did it alot.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds