Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Do you want the teenagers to pay attention to the sermon? If you do, say holler!

Holler! 10 66.7%
Holler? 2 13.3%
Eh! 3 20%
No. No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 15 ( SDAhorseGirl, mittens92999, SRNitro, jesusROCKS1234, Going4God ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Page:

TOPIC: Distracted Teenagers(In Church!)

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 9 months ago #44121

• 12pearlygates
  • I can't live without books. They're my PASSION.
  • Thank you received: 83
Hey, users! So, you know when during the sermon, you glance over your shoulder and see people(mostly teens!)on their phone, texting, on Facebook, etc. You get so annoyed because you were just listening to the sermon, and out of the corner of your eye, you get a glimpse of them on the device, and now, you can't stop thinking about them. And, they know they're supposed to be listening to the sermon, but they don't. :angry: They don't even get anything out of checking their Facebook account, do they? They stay glued to their phones, when they could be listening to God's message for their lives. AND, when the pastor does the alter call, they're glued to their seats. Now, maybe its because God's not calling them yet, but it's most likely they heard NOTHING the pastor said, so they don't come. :(

If they would just listen to the pastor who is preaching God's message, they would get something out of it for their everyday lives, users! So, if you want these people to get closer and closer to God, say, Holler!

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I hope you continue to spread the good news. Bye! B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 9 months ago #44130

• Animal Lover
  • I sure do love animals!
  • Thank you received: 31
hhhooolllllleeerrr!!!
<-A.L.-<<
The following user(s) said Thank You: 12pearlygates, Pyrrhic

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 9 months ago #44164

• Blue Tornado
  • Happy birthday, TravelPastel!!!
  • Thank you received: 806
Teens need to hear the sermon. If they don't, then they'll grow up not wanting to come to church and then...

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The following user(s) said Thank You: honeyflower, QuazaWizard941, Prov17, 12pearlygates, Pyrrhic

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 9 months ago #44178

• 12pearlygates
Thanks, Animal Lover! You took the poll and commented. For that, I'm starting a topic to get to know you better. :) ;)

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 9 months ago #44179

• 12pearlygates
Yeah, I know how it ends. So sad. But thanks for voting and commenting. You'll join Animal Lover in the get to know you topic.B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 9 months ago #44192

• Sk8er4God
  • Allons-y!
  • Thank you received: 255
I actually have a couple friends who do this. One of them just pulls out her phone for the sake of having a phone turns it on and turns it right back off and sits on it again :blink:
And she does it through the whole sermon. Sometimes I'm glad I don't have a phone
M-mental
A-abuse
T-to
H-humans

Just kidding I like math.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 12pearlygates

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 9 months ago #44247

• Going4God
  • Thank you received: 242
Blue Tornado wrote:
Teens need to hear the sermon. If they don't, then they'll grow up not wanting to come to church and then...

many people are able to listen while doing something else.
you are beautiful.
you are worth it.
you are amazing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roll Tide Man, Big al, Mp137

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 8 months ago #44301

• 12pearlygates
Going4God, that is right, but in church, when the pastor's speaking, there's only 1 thing you should be doing....... listening to the sermon. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17, Pyrrhic

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 8 months ago #44877

• Going4God
  • Thank you received: 242
Sk8er4God wrote:
I actually have a couple friends who do this. One of them just pulls out her phone for the sake of having a phone turns it on and turns it right back off and sits on it again :blink:
And she does it through the whole sermon. Sometimes I'm glad I don't have a phone

She's probably checking the time :P
you are beautiful.
you are worth it.
you are amazing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roll Tide Man, katsmyname, Lloyd101, LoveJoyPeace

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 7 months ago #44985

• 12pearlygates
Sk8er4God wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. Why would you be checking the time every few minutes when you just found out the time? :huh: I think she's doing it for the sake of having a phone, and in the process, she will be distracted from the sermon that could change her life. She is one of many teens(and tweens: don't think I ignored you: some of you are guilty too) that are so caught up in electronics, that they ignore the message that God's trying to get through to them through the pastor that's in the pulpit. Again, I don't want to start an argument, just stating my opinion, and you can state yours. Thanks for reading! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: im a beekeeper

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 7 months ago #45330

• chocolatedancer1106
  • Psalm 86:15 is one of my favorite verses
  • Thank you received: 41
I know exactly what you mean! I don't think it's just teens, it's adults too. Everyone should be listening to the sermon, no matter their age. However, I need to be doing something with my hands all the time, or I start to get fidgety. I bring a sketchbook and pencil to church, and I either doodle or take notes during the sermon. Some people might find this disrespectful, but it actually helps me pay attention way more than if I was just sitting and listening! I also know that some people use a Bible App on their phones, rather than using a printed Bible. Maybe it's just what's easier for them, or what they like better. My church has a Facebook page and a Twitter page, where we post little "highlights" from the sermon, or post pictures/videos from the service. A couple adults are incharge of this, so they're sometimes on their phones to update those.
So, a lot of the time, people have valid excuses, but sadly, many people don't. I believe that as long as you are paying attention, and actually taking in the sermon, you're doing the right thing. But teens (and kids/adults as well) should definitely listen to the sermon, since it'll help them learn more about the Bible and grow closer to God.
Psalm 86:15 - But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.

This is one of my favorite verses :)

I LOVE CHOCOLATE!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big al, Going4God, 12pearlygates

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 7 months ago #45435

• 12pearlygates
@chocolatedancer1106, I love this part of your comment:
Everyone should be listening to the sermon, no matter their age. However, I need to be doing something with my hands all the time, or I start to get fidgety. I bring a sketchbook and pencil to church, and I either doodle or take notes during the sermon. Some people might find this disrespectful, but it actually helps me pay attention way more than if I was just sitting and listening!

This happens to me too! I always bring a notebook to take notes, or maybe I bring a religious book, to occupy myself, because once I'm bored, I'm a fidgeting mess! Although, I'm not on a phone, this part you mentioned sounds great!

My church has a Facebook page and a Twitter page, where we post little "highlights" from the sermon, or post pictures/videos from the service. A couple adults are in charge of this, so they're sometimes on their phones to update those.

That's a good reason to be on Facebook or Twitter during the service, instead of checking your likes or how popular you are. I totally agree with everything you said.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 4 months ago #48146

• 12pearlygates
Bump.

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 2 months ago #50079

• Mp137
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
12pearlygates wrote:
@chocolatedancer1106, I love this part of your comment:
Everyone should be listening to the sermon, no matter their age. However, I need to be doing something with my hands all the time, or I start to get fidgety. I bring a sketchbook and pencil to church, and I either doodle or take notes during the sermon. Some people might find this disrespectful, but it actually helps me pay attention way more than if I was just sitting and listening!

This happens to me too! I always bring a notebook to take notes, or maybe I bring a religious book, to occupy myself, because once I'm bored, I'm a fidgeting mess! Although, I'm not on a phone, this part you mentioned sounds great!

My church has a Facebook page and a Twitter page, where we post little "highlights" from the sermon, or post pictures/videos from the service. A couple adults are in charge of this, so they're sometimes on their phones to update those.

That's a good reason to be on Facebook or Twitter during the service, instead of checking your likes or how popular you are. I totally agree with everything you said.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Some people use their phones to take notes.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 2 months ago #50080

• Mp137
12pearlygates wrote:
Hey, users! So, you know when during the sermon, you glance over your shoulder and see people(mostly teens!)on their phone, texting, on Facebook, etc. You get so annoyed because you were just listening to the sermon, and out of the corner of your eye, you get a glimpse of them on the device, and now, you can't stop thinking about them. And, they know they're supposed to be listening to the sermon, but they don't. :angry: They don't even get anything out of checking their Facebook account, do they? They stay glued to their phones, when they could be listening to God's message for their lives. AND, when the pastor does the alter call, they're glued to their seats. Now, maybe its because God's not calling them yet, but it's most likely they heard NOTHING the pastor said, so they don't come. :(

If they would just listen to the pastor who is preaching God's message, they would get something out of it for their everyday lives, users! So, if you want these people to get closer and closer to God, say, Holler!

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Well, "kids who might have gone up for the alter call but didn't problem" isn't an issue in my church! We don't have an alter call! ;)
- Guilty by Newsboys

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 2 months ago #50081

• Mp137
12pearlygates wrote:
Bump.

What does that mean?
- Guilty by Newsboys

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 2 months ago #50368

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2978
Mp137 wrote:
12pearlygates wrote:

Well, "kids who might have gone up for the alter call but didn't problem" isn't an issue in my church! We don't have an alter call! ;)

just curious, why don't you have an altar call?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 12pearlygates

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 2 months ago #50397

• Mp137
Quirky wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
12pearlygates wrote:

I don't know. :blink:
- Guilty by Newsboys
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 2 months ago #50398

• Mp137
Also, teens aren't the only ones on their phones during church.
- Guilty by Newsboys

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 2 months ago #50521

• Nyx
  • Love all, trust few, do wrong to none.
  • Thank you received: 86
Mp137 wrote:
12pearlygates wrote:
Bump.

What does that mean?

If someone replies 'bump.' they're actually 'bumping' (or rather spam) up the replies and the feed so more people could see it. It's kind of a cheap trick that many discussion boards don't like, but if it's for a good cause, I don't really see it as a problem. :]
'The two most important days of your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why.' - Mark Twain
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 2 months ago #50608

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2978
Mp137 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
12pearlygates wrote:

I don't know. :blink:

Lol :lol:

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 2 months ago #50739

• Big al
  • I just Love being Me and Hearts
  • Thank you received: 225
I hear what many of you are saying and of course I believe that listening to the sermon is important and giving respect to the speaker is equally important
BUT
here is the big but,
There are many people we should be celebrating there attendance in church not insulting them for not worshiping and participating the way we think they should.
God is working on everyone and I am thanking Him for bringing people to the church in the first place.
Too many years trying not to rock the boat
I gotta quote, "I don't wanna rock the boat, I wanna sink it"
Ima just do it

KB. Ima Just Do It

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 2 years 1 month ago #51387

• 12pearlygates
Big al wrote:
I hear what many of you are saying and of course I believe that listening to the sermon is important and giving respect to the speaker is equally important
BUT
here is the big but,
There are many people we should be celebrating there attendance in church not insulting them for not worshiping and participating the way we think they should.
God is working on everyone and I am thanking Him for bringing people to the church in the first place.

Yes I agree, we should be celebrating that they attended, but it's kind of a waste when they come to church and plop themselves down in a pew and start playing Angry Birds. Sorry if this seems offensive! B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: QuazaWizard941

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 1 year 10 months ago #54332

• jon01
  • Thank you received: 42
we dont have an alter call, but we have an alter of prayer

Distracted Teenagers(In Church!) 1 year 8 months ago #56139

• maplesyruphotel9
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Thank you received: 131
HOLLAAA YALL
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3

BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: SushiCat (My friend and I's channel)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds