Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ben Carson for President

Ben Carson for President 2 years 1 month ago #51689

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
Skite wrote:
I would like to remind you that Ben Carson is another person who lives on this earth, who has had the idea to lead the country. What is the big fuss?

Also, as the law states, there is religious freedom, which means that he is technically free to go to church, and also he must have a free day off, right?

And Carson will not be the first person who has met this Sabbath problem. Thousands of SDA's have worked at secular jobs, or situations, and God took care of the rest. Wait a sec...... that's it GOD TAKES CARE OF IT. It is NOT OUR JOB to worry about Carson. According to the book, he has had quite a life that has deepened his faith. So all that we have to do is wait for a sign from God showing if He approves or disapproves of Carson's decision.

That's my opinion. Thanks, for reading.


There is a difference between taking care of a patient on Sabbath and furthering your own political ambitions. One deals with a child of God. The other is for selfish purposes. See the difference?
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Ben Carson for President 2 years 1 month ago #51757

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
Skite wrote:
I would like to remind you that Ben Carson is another person who lives on this earth, who has had the idea to lead the country. What is the big fuss?

Also, as the law states, there is religious freedom, which means that he is technically free to go to church, and also he must have a free day off, right?

And Carson will not be the first person who has met this Sabbath problem. Thousands of SDA's have worked at secular jobs, or situations, and God took care of the rest. Wait a sec...... that's it GOD TAKES CARE OF IT. It is NOT OUR JOB to worry about Carson. According to the book, he has had quite a life that has deepened his faith. So all that we have to do is wait for a sign from God showing if He approves or disapproves of Carson's decision.

That's my opinion. Thanks, for reading.

There are two things that i would like to point out to you.

1) God tells us to rest from our own work and pleasure on His holy day (Exodus 20:8-11; Isaiah 58:13,14). To say that you are going to work on Sabbath and then say that God will take care of you is presumption (and when i say 'you' i don't mean YOU, just...anybody). The faith comes in choosing to not work on the sabbath in order to keep it holy and trusting that God will provide.

2)God has already given us an answer on whether or not Carson should run for president. If he (Carson) believes that the writings of Ellen White are inspired of God, then he should already know whether or not God approves of His decision. To wait until a beaming flash of light streaks across the heavens with the answer to Carson's decision is also presumption. It's kinda like when the Pharisees asked Jesus for a sign that they may believe (John 6:30) even after he gave sight to the blind, caused the lame to walk, healed the lepers, ROSE THE DEAD TO LIFE, and gave freedom to the captives in prison (spiritual and mental prison) (Isaiah 61:1; Matthew 11:5). See what I mean?

Yes, Mr. Carson is human, but he also claims to be a follower of Christ, of God. That automatically gives him a higher standard to attain to (1 Peter 2:9).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ben Carson for President 2 years 3 weeks ago #51858

  • Skite
  • Skite's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Posts: 1132
  • Thank you received: 604
I think I will stay quiet now.........
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ben Carson for President 2 years 3 weeks ago #51935

  • QuazaWizard941
  • QuazaWizard941's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love music!
  • Posts: 169
  • Thank you received: 62
Ok, Prov17, if Nero was the antichrist, then does that mean God's church is now permanantly safe?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ben Carson for President 2 years 3 weeks ago #51984

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
Skite wrote:
I think I will stay quiet now.........


how come?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ben Carson for President 2 years 3 weeks ago #52044

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2189
  • Thank you received: 1944
Quirky wrote:
Skite wrote:
I think I will stay quiet now.........


how come?

Probably because it's getting rather heated. :S
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite

Ben Carson for President 2 years 2 weeks ago #52105

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 611
  • Thank you received: 427
Quirky wrote:
Skite wrote:
I would like to remind you that Ben Carson is another person who lives on this earth, who has had the idea to lead the country. What is the big fuss?

Also, as the law states, there is religious freedom, which means that he is technically free to go to church, and also he must have a free day off, right?

And Carson will not be the first person who has met this Sabbath problem. Thousands of SDA's have worked at secular jobs, or situations, and God took care of the rest. Wait a sec...... that's it GOD TAKES CARE OF IT. It is NOT OUR JOB to worry about Carson. According to the book, he has had quite a life that has deepened his faith. So all that we have to do is wait for a sign from God showing if He approves or disapproves of Carson's decision.

That's my opinion. Thanks, for reading.

There are two things that i would like to point out to you.

1) God tells us to rest from our own work and pleasure on His holy day (Exodus 20:8-11; Isaiah 58:13,14). To say that you are going to work on Sabbath and then say that God will take care of you is presumption (and when i say 'you' i don't mean YOU, just...anybody). The faith comes in choosing to not work on the sabbath in order to keep it holy and trusting that God will provide.

2)God has already given us an answer on whether or not Carson should run for president. If he (Carson) believes that the writings of Ellen White are inspired of God, then he should already know whether or not God approves of His decision. To wait until a beaming flash of light streaks across the heavens with the answer to Carson's decision is also presumption. It's kinda like when the Pharisees asked Jesus for a sign that they may believe (John 6:30) even after he gave sight to the blind, caused the lame to walk, healed the lepers, ROSE THE DEAD TO LIFE, and gave freedom to the captives in prison (spiritual and mental prison) (Isaiah 61:1; Matthew 11:5). See what I mean?

Yes, Mr. Carson is human, but he also claims to be a follower of Christ, of God. That automatically gives him a higher standard to attain to (1 Peter 2:9).
1) I'm pretty sure David, Solomon, and a lot of people have worked on Sabbath. I mean people tried to kill them left and right. They were fighting for God, and so will Carson.

2) Ellen White isn't God. I find some of her writings wrong, but they are very few. You just have to remember that A HUMAN wrote this. I'm not saying Ellen White is totally wrong. What I am saying is, is that humans can sometimes put their wrong opinions into a writing. I mean Ellen White wrote so much. She makes mistakes and she had a different idea that I guess she really never thought about. I mean a human, according to their culture. CULTURE. That human, Paul, wrote 1 Timothy 2:12 because at the time it was the culture to do so. It doesn't mean we should follow it now. In fact, God made man and woman equal in Eden so...

Another thing is that WHAT DO YOU WANT? A ATHIEST PRESIDENT OR AN ADVENTIST PRESIDENT?! Oh my... This one is absolutely crazy... God is a government! David held a GOVERNMENT CAUSE HE WAS KING! :dry: :lol: :huh: :P Man this is weird guys! I don't want Donald Trump!
IM LOLING FOR JESUS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLROFLROFLROFL
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, Skite

Ben Carson for President 2 years 2 weeks ago #52159

  • LittleLadyBug
  • LittleLadyBug's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Posts: 411
  • Thank you received: 180
but mabey God will be giving the USA a second chance?i will vote for him he is better than trump :)*bjc4christ* wrote:
Absolutely agree with you...And he wouldn't just be ignoring our Sis. Whites writings and neglecting the Sabbath but he would then also have to join forces with the Roman Catholic Church (The Beast) to fulfill prophecy. And knowing that he's a SDA, that position would be he worst kind of position to be in.

I hope that someone or something stops his decision, whether it being that he shouldn't be chosen or whether someone slaps him in the face to stop (not literally ;)

He use to be an enormous role model of mine but as I learned about this my mind started changing...I'm actually really disappointed in him :(
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ben Carson for President 2 years 2 weeks ago #52160

  • LittleLadyBug
  • LittleLadyBug's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Posts: 411
  • Thank you received: 180
me too i live in the USA, I LOVE MY USA AND I AM SAD, ABOUT WHAT MY USA IS TO BECOME :( BUT LIKE my mom says mabey this will give this USA a secnod chanseSkite wrote:
Why all the negativity?

Are you REALLY SURE that he's going to do that?

That's judging right there.

I think you guys should rethink your statements.
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite

Ben Carson for President 2 years 2 weeks ago #52186

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
Mp137 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Skite wrote:
I think I will stay quiet now.........


how come?

Probably because it's getting rather heated. :S

hmmm....i guess that makes sense (sort of).....(not really).....i mean, if you believe something and others try to come up against it then you could either get offended that your views have mean attacked or you could consider the other side of the story

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord..." Isaiah 1:18. You (@ Skite) could follow the advice of your God and reason through this topic, i mean, if you want to.....


Your choice! :silly:


Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ben Carson for President 2 years 2 weeks ago #52219

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2189
  • Thank you received: 1944
Quirky wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Skite wrote:
I think I will stay quiet now.........


how come?

Probably because it's getting rather heated. :S

hmmm....i guess that makes sense (sort of).....(not really).....i mean, if you believe something and others try to come up against it then you could either get offended that your views have mean attacked or you could consider the other side of the story

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord..." Isaiah 1:18. You (@ Skite) could follow the advice of your God and reason through this topic, i mean, if you want to.....


Your choice! :silly:


Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

When you said "...you could follow the advise of our God and reason through this topic..." You are creating a tough spot. If skite does continue to post on this topic, great! He's following God's advise! If he doesn't decide to post on this topic, oh no! He's going against God's advise!
It is fine if he decides not to post on this topic anymore if he doesn't want to. He is not going against God by choosing not to argue anymore.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, Skite

Ben Carson for President 2 years 2 weeks ago #52231

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
Mp137 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Skite wrote:
I think I will stay quiet now.........


how come?

Probably because it's getting rather heated. :S

hmmm....i guess that makes sense (sort of).....(not really).....i mean, if you believe something and others try to come up against it then you could either get offended that your views have mean attacked or you could consider the other side of the story

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord..." Isaiah 1:18. You (@ Skite) could follow the advice of your God and reason through this topic, i mean, if you want to.....


Your choice! :silly:


Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

When you said "...you could follow the advise of our God and reason through this topic..." You are creating a tough spot. If skite does continue to post on this topic, great! He's following God's advise! If he doesn't decide to post on this topic, oh no! He's going against God's advise!
It is fine if he decides not to post on this topic anymore if he doesn't want to. He is not going against God by choosing not to argue anymore.

Trueness.

Sorry @Skite if it seems like I'm trying to force you to stay in this topic if it's making you uncomfortable or something.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite

Ben Carson for President 2 years 2 weeks ago #52251

  • LittleLadyBug
  • LittleLadyBug's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Posts: 411
  • Thank you received: 180
LittleLadyBug wrote:
me too i live in the USA, I LOVE MY USA AND I AM SAD, ABOUT WHAT MY USA IS TO BECOME :( BUT LIKE my mom says mabey this will give this USA a secnod chanseSkite wrote:
Why all the negativity?

Are you REALLY SURE that he's going to do that?

That's judging right there.

I think you guys should rethink your statements.
thank you skite
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite

Ben Carson for President 2 years 2 weeks ago #52343

  • Skite
  • Skite's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Posts: 1132
  • Thank you received: 604
Hey Mp137, Quirky, and LittleLadyBug, I don't feel uncomfortable here, and in fact, cough cough, I kind of like the heat. Anywho, I just have another reason to stay a little bit out of political circles, but don't worry about me. Thanks for your attention, and see you on another post.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Mp137

Ben Carson for President 2 years 1 week ago #52506

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
SRNitro wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Skite wrote:
I would like to remind you that Ben Carson is another person who lives on this earth, who has had the idea to lead the country. What is the big fuss?

Also, as the law states, there is religious freedom, which means that he is technically free to go to church, and also he must have a free day off, right?

And Carson will not be the first person who has met this Sabbath problem. Thousands of SDA's have worked at secular jobs, or situations, and God took care of the rest. Wait a sec...... that's it GOD TAKES CARE OF IT. It is NOT OUR JOB to worry about Carson. According to the book, he has had quite a life that has deepened his faith. So all that we have to do is wait for a sign from God showing if He approves or disapproves of Carson's decision.

That's my opinion. Thanks, for reading.

There are two things that i would like to point out to you.

1) God tells us to rest from our own work and pleasure on His holy day (Exodus 20:8-11; Isaiah 58:13,14). To say that you are going to work on Sabbath and then say that God will take care of you is presumption (and when i say 'you' i don't mean YOU, just...anybody). The faith comes in choosing to not work on the sabbath in order to keep it holy and trusting that God will provide.

2)God has already given us an answer on whether or not Carson should run for president. If he (Carson) believes that the writings of Ellen White are inspired of God, then he should already know whether or not God approves of His decision. To wait until a beaming flash of light streaks across the heavens with the answer to Carson's decision is also presumption. It's kinda like when the Pharisees asked Jesus for a sign that they may believe (John 6:30) even after he gave sight to the blind, caused the lame to walk, healed the lepers, ROSE THE DEAD TO LIFE, and gave freedom to the captives in prison (spiritual and mental prison) (Isaiah 61:1; Matthew 11:5). See what I mean?

Yes, Mr. Carson is human, but he also claims to be a follower of Christ, of God. That automatically gives him a higher standard to attain to (1 Peter 2:9).
1) I'm pretty sure David, Solomon, and a lot of people have worked on Sabbath. I mean people tried to kill them left and right. They were fighting for God, and so will Carson.

2) Ellen White isn't God. I find some of her writings wrong, but they are very few. You just have to remember that A HUMAN wrote this. I'm not saying Ellen White is totally wrong. What I am saying is, is that humans can sometimes put their wrong opinions into a writing. I mean Ellen White wrote so much. She makes mistakes and she had a different idea that I guess she really never thought about. I mean a human, according to their culture. CULTURE. That human, Paul, wrote 1 Timothy 2:12 because at the time it was the culture to do so. It doesn't mean we should follow it now. In fact, God made man and woman equal in Eden so...

Another thing is that WHAT DO YOU WANT? A ATHIEST PRESIDENT OR AN ADVENTIST PRESIDENT?! Oh my... This one is absolutely crazy... God is a government! David held a GOVERNMENT CAUSE HE WAS KING! :dry: :lol: :huh: :P Man this is weird guys! I don't want Donald Trump!

I don't want an Adventist president, especially because people would wonder how consistent we are with our beliefs. Also, David and Solomon did not choose to be king; God called them. The fact that Dr. Carson has yet to use his spotlight to speak about his faith and educate the masses about what we believe, and is ready and willing to campaign on Sabbath, a day in which he is supposed to rest from worldly shows that God is not calling him to this presidential run.

Dr. Carson's comments indicate that he wants to make laws that make America more Christian. This is dangerous. The separation of church and state is extremely important, and whoever is president needs to protect and preserve it.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stone, Quirky, mylhu1011, Mp137

Ben Carson for President 1 year 11 months ago #53369

  • endev15
  • endev15's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Follow me @endev15 on Instagram to learn about me.
  • Posts: 12
  • Thank you received: 5
Why would he have to give up the Sabbath? Why wouldn't he be able to stand up for the right?

As mentioned before: "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn." (Proverbs 29:2) KJV

Abraham Lincoln was able to stand up for the right when he was president. In the case that Dr. Carson does get elected, I think that he will have many enemies, people he want to get rid of him, but I would hope and pray that he stands up for God no matter the cost. I do agree that he would have to make agreements with ungodly people, but I would hope he wouldn't have to break the Sabbath. And if Ellen White said that we should not run for politics, that should most definitively be considered.

I think that more then anything, Dr. Carson needs our prayers, not criticisms. Wouldn't you agree?
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ben Carson for President 1 year 11 months ago #53372

  • endev15
  • endev15's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Follow me @endev15 on Instagram to learn about me.
  • Posts: 12
  • Thank you received: 5
InspiredThinker wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Skite wrote:
I would like to remind you that Ben Carson is another person who lives on this earth, who has had the idea to lead the country. What is the big fuss?

Also, as the law states, there is religious freedom, which means that he is technically free to go to church, and also he must have a free day off, right?

And Carson will not be the first person who has met this Sabbath problem. Thousands of SDA's have worked at secular jobs, or situations, and God took care of the rest. Wait a sec...... that's it GOD TAKES CARE OF IT. It is NOT OUR JOB to worry about Carson. According to the book, he has had quite a life that has deepened his faith. So all that we have to do is wait for a sign from God showing if He approves or disapproves of Carson's decision.

That's my opinion. Thanks, for reading.

There are two things that i would like to point out to you.

1) God tells us to rest from our own work and pleasure on His holy day (Exodus 20:8-11; Isaiah 58:13,14). To say that you are going to work on Sabbath and then say that God will take care of you is presumption (and when i say 'you' i don't mean YOU, just...anybody). The faith comes in choosing to not work on the sabbath in order to keep it holy and trusting that God will provide.

2)God has already given us an answer on whether or not Carson should run for president. If he (Carson) believes that the writings of Ellen White are inspired of God, then he should already know whether or not God approves of His decision. To wait until a beaming flash of light streaks across the heavens with the answer to Carson's decision is also presumption. It's kinda like when the Pharisees asked Jesus for a sign that they may believe (John 6:30) even after he gave sight to the blind, caused the lame to walk, healed the lepers, ROSE THE DEAD TO LIFE, and gave freedom to the captives in prison (spiritual and mental prison) (Isaiah 61:1; Matthew 11:5). See what I mean?

Yes, Mr. Carson is human, but he also claims to be a follower of Christ, of God. That automatically gives him a higher standard to attain to (1 Peter 2:9).
1) I'm pretty sure David, Solomon, and a lot of people have worked on Sabbath. I mean people tried to kill them left and right. They were fighting for God, and so will Carson.

2) Ellen White isn't God. I find some of her writings wrong, but they are very few. You just have to remember that A HUMAN wrote this. I'm not saying Ellen White is totally wrong. What I am saying is, is that humans can sometimes put their wrong opinions into a writing. I mean Ellen White wrote so much. She makes mistakes and she had a different idea that I guess she really never thought about. I mean a human, according to their culture. CULTURE. That human, Paul, wrote 1 Timothy 2:12 because at the time it was the culture to do so. It doesn't mean we should follow it now. In fact, God made man and woman equal in Eden so...

Another thing is that WHAT DO YOU WANT? A ATHIEST PRESIDENT OR AN ADVENTIST PRESIDENT?! Oh my... This one is absolutely crazy... God is a government! David held a GOVERNMENT CAUSE HE WAS KING! :dry: :lol: :huh: :P Man this is weird guys! I don't want Donald Trump!

I don't want an Adventist president, especially because people would wonder how consistent we are with our beliefs. Also, David and Solomon did not choose to be king; God called them. The fact that Dr. Carson has yet to use his spotlight to speak about his faith and educate the masses about what we believe, and is ready and willing to campaign on Sabbath, a day in which he is supposed to rest from worldly shows that God is not calling him to this presidential run.

Dr. Carson's comments indicate that he wants to make laws that make America more Christian. This is dangerous. The separation of church and state is extremely important, and whoever is president needs to protect and preserve it.

If we are the true church; which we are, why should we need to worry as to whether our beliefs are consistent?

Has Dr. Carson ran campaigns on Sabbath? (Give me a reference.)

Why shouldn't we have a better country/continent? Why shouldn't it be more christian? Imagine how much better the U.S.A. might be if Carson does win and does make better laws?

Ellen White:
Everything that Ellen White has wrote can be compared with the Bible and found accurate. She was a writer inspired by God. Everything she wrote is consistent with the Bible because it was all inspired by God. Do you mind sharing what things you believe were not accurate/true?
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ben Carson for President 1 year 11 months ago #53504

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
endev15 wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Skite wrote:
I would like to remind you that Ben Carson is another person who lives on this earth, who has had the idea to lead the country. What is the big fuss?

Also, as the law states, there is religious freedom, which means that he is technically free to go to church, and also he must have a free day off, right?

And Carson will not be the first person who has met this Sabbath problem. Thousands of SDA's have worked at secular jobs, or situations, and God took care of the rest. Wait a sec...... that's it GOD TAKES CARE OF IT. It is NOT OUR JOB to worry about Carson. According to the book, he has had quite a life that has deepened his faith. So all that we have to do is wait for a sign from God showing if He approves or disapproves of Carson's decision.

That's my opinion. Thanks, for reading.

There are two things that i would like to point out to you.

1) God tells us to rest from our own work and pleasure on His holy day (Exodus 20:8-11; Isaiah 58:13,14). To say that you are going to work on Sabbath and then say that God will take care of you is presumption (and when i say 'you' i don't mean YOU, just...anybody). The faith comes in choosing to not work on the sabbath in order to keep it holy and trusting that God will provide.

2)God has already given us an answer on whether or not Carson should run for president. If he (Carson) believes that the writings of Ellen White are inspired of God, then he should already know whether or not God approves of His decision. To wait until a beaming flash of light streaks across the heavens with the answer to Carson's decision is also presumption. It's kinda like when the Pharisees asked Jesus for a sign that they may believe (John 6:30) even after he gave sight to the blind, caused the lame to walk, healed the lepers, ROSE THE DEAD TO LIFE, and gave freedom to the captives in prison (spiritual and mental prison) (Isaiah 61:1; Matthew 11:5). See what I mean?

Yes, Mr. Carson is human, but he also claims to be a follower of Christ, of God. That automatically gives him a higher standard to attain to (1 Peter 2:9).
1) I'm pretty sure David, Solomon, and a lot of people have worked on Sabbath. I mean people tried to kill them left and right. They were fighting for God, and so will Carson.

2) Ellen White isn't God. I find some of her writings wrong, but they are very few. You just have to remember that A HUMAN wrote this. I'm not saying Ellen White is totally wrong. What I am saying is, is that humans can sometimes put their wrong opinions into a writing. I mean Ellen White wrote so much. She makes mistakes and she had a different idea that I guess she really never thought about. I mean a human, according to their culture. CULTURE. That human, Paul, wrote 1 Timothy 2:12 because at the time it was the culture to do so. It doesn't mean we should follow it now. In fact, God made man and woman equal in Eden so...

Another thing is that WHAT DO YOU WANT? A ATHIEST PRESIDENT OR AN ADVENTIST PRESIDENT?! Oh my... This one is absolutely crazy... God is a government! David held a GOVERNMENT CAUSE HE WAS KING! :dry: :lol: :huh: :P Man this is weird guys! I don't want Donald Trump!

I don't want an Adventist president, especially because people would wonder how consistent we are with our beliefs. Also, David and Solomon did not choose to be king; God called them. The fact that Dr. Carson has yet to use his spotlight to speak about his faith and educate the masses about what we believe, and is ready and willing to campaign on Sabbath, a day in which he is supposed to rest from worldly shows that God is not calling him to this presidential run.

Dr. Carson's comments indicate that he wants to make laws that make America more Christian. This is dangerous. The separation of church and state is extremely important, and whoever is president needs to protect and preserve it.

If we are the true church; which we are, why should we need to worry as to whether our beliefs are consistent?

Has Dr. Carson ran campaigns on Sabbath? (Give me a reference.)

Why shouldn't we have a better country/continent? Why shouldn't it be more christian? Imagine how much better the U.S.A. might be if Carson does win and does make better laws?

Ellen White:
Everything that Ellen White has wrote can be compared with the Bible and found accurate. She was a writer inspired by God. Everything she wrote is consistent with the Bible because it was all inspired by God. Do you mind sharing what things you believe were not accurate/true?

1) I have not said anything against EGW on this site.

2) The most visible example of Dr. Carson campaigning on Sabbath was in May of this year. ktfnews.com/ben-carson-gives-political-speech-on-sabbath/

3)Being the true church does not exempt us from inconsistent standards, and does not mean we can never forfeit that position (1 Corinthians 10:12). Ellen White even described the SDA Church as "enfeebled and defective". One of the reasons we look so earnestly to the coming of Jesus is the fact that when He comes, He will make us, His church," without spot or wrinkle, and holy and without blemish (Ephesians 5:27)".

4) It is clear that we are living in the last days, and Carson is contradicting himself by aspiring for presidency. We as Seventh-day Adventists believe that the United States will cease to become a country of religious freedom and begin to persecute those who refuse the Mark of the Beast. We believe that we as Adventists will be among those persecuted. Dr. Carson's self-contradiction has been noticed by many journalists, and this will eventually be brought to the front.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Ben Carson for President 1 year 11 months ago #53568

  • Skite
  • Skite's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Posts: 1132
  • Thank you received: 604
1) I have not said anything against EGW on this site.

2) The most visible example of Dr. Carson campaigning on Sabbath was in May of this year. ktfnews.com/ben-carson-gives-political-speech-on-sabbath/

3)Being the true church does not exempt us from inconsistent standards, and does not mean we can never forfeit that position (1 Corinthians 10:12). Ellen White even described the SDA Church as "enfeebled and defective". One of the reasons we look so earnestly to the coming of Jesus is the fact that when He comes, He will make us, His church," without spot or wrinkle, and holy and without blemish (Ephesians 5:27)".

4) It is clear that we are living in the last days, and Carson is contradicting himself by aspiring for presidency. We as Seventh-day Adventists believe that the United States will cease to become a country of religious freedom and begin to persecute those who refuse the Mark of the Beast. We believe that we as Adventists will be among those persecuted. Dr. Carson's self-contradiction has been noticed by many journalists, and this will eventually be brought to the front.
[/quote]




Being President is a job, right? So if Ben is going into a secular area, and you are saying he shouldn't, than that would mean he should not have gotten into John Hopkins, cause that is a secular hospital, and that every other Adventist in the world cannot enter and work in secular places.

Is that what you are saying?
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ben Carson for President 1 year 11 months ago #53577

  • Prov17
  • Prov17's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Live holy as God is holy
  • Posts: 316
  • Thank you received: 296
ken10wil wrote:
fun fact politicians break the Sabbath cuz they can politicians lie for there own benefits ben Carson can still head to Spencerville sda and worship on Sabbath

Washington may hate him for it but they cant stop him 1st Amendment and I am personally conservative (not to far right but i agree with them on most things (repuplican for those who don't know)) and if see another democrat in office I will cry weep and run into a wall im voting ben Carson im voting for a man with common sense

About you not wanting another Democrat in office. What’s the difference? Republicans like Carson are acting no different from Democrats right now. Ben Carson is talking about the debt. Sure, fifteen trillion is a problem, but he is not caring about other matters in the country such as same-sex marriage and abortion. I wish we could only vote for men who fear God and respect God’s law. That’s why my family votes Constitution Party whenever they’re on the ballot.
Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for? -Leonard Ravenhill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ben Carson for President 1 year 11 months ago #53580

  • Prov17
  • Prov17's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Live holy as God is holy
  • Posts: 316
  • Thank you received: 296
ken10wil wrote:
fun facts with ken10wil: Jesus never forced people to stop sinning neither should we.

being gay is wrong but one thing is or sure saying they cant be gay and FORCING them to stop being gay is as wrong as them being gay

oh and guess what we have just as much right to lose our freedom to worship if we say gays cant be gays.

no one told us to tell other people what to do and force them to do it (key word "and") that's god jobs they can just as easily say look at your sinful self. im not pro gay but im not going for a law that says they cant be gay its just not fair to them and is that loving

Ken10wil, Jesus whipped merchants out of His temple. Jesus said, “This is my Father’s house, but you have turned it into a den of thieves!” Apparently Jesus forced people to stop sinning in God’s temple, although I’m sure some would call that “unloving”.

You say you’re not pro-gay, but your last post gives every indication that you are pro-gay. You are promoting this anti-Biblical behavior if you say that it would be unfair if there were a law saying people can’t be gay. God is not pro-homosexual, but if they repent, He will save them and take them to heaven the same as all others who repent of their sin because God is merciful to the repentant.

According to the First Amendment, Christians have a right to tell homosexuals that they’re sinning. Also Christians aren’t beating homosexuals with a Bible, telling them to become heterosexual or else. Just because Christians call homosexuality sin and don’t include them in our church doesn’t mean that Sodomites don’t have basic freedoms in this country. They can choose another church. They can choose to ignore those who call it sin.

1 Corinthians 5:9-11 says to cast the sexually immoral out of the church. Discrimination? No, that person isn’t allowed in the church if they continue in their sin. We aren’t being exclusive; we’re just following what the Bible says. In the Old Testament God says that if a man lies with a man as if with a woman, both should be put to death. Laws declaring homosexuality outlawed were done away with in 2003, so nobody is forcing homosexuals to stop their sin.

However the homosexuals want to force Christians to photograph their weddings, as well as bake their cakes. As for Christians, they aren’t being jerks in their approach. Some Christians speak out at homosexual parades, warning them of the judgement to come (1 Corinthians 6:9), but that is not forcing anybody to stop sinning, like you are saying.

Smart Christians stand out on a street holding a sign that says homosexuality is sin. Homosexuals have the freedom to not look at the sign. Or they can look at the sign and walk away. Or they can be calm and talk to the Christian holding the sign. Holding a sign condemning homosexuality is not forcing anything on homosexuals. It’s a peaceful protest.
Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for? -Leonard Ravenhill
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Ben Carson for President 1 year 11 months ago #53654

  • tim33
  • tim33's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Posts: 667
  • Thank you received: 782
@InspiredThinker- I'm somewhat concerned by your claim that because we believe church and state will unite in the USA, we shouldn't act to prevent it. Thats like saying because the Bible predicts famines and pestilences in the last day we shouldn't work to prevent thse events from occuring or help the people suffering when they do occur. While the prophecies are clear, we have an individual moral obligation to live out our Christianity. We have an obligation to work for the best interest of our respective countries and humanity in general. If Ben Carson is truly wanting the best for America and humanity I general, then is see no such contradiction in his beliefs. Believing what we do about the world's future doesn't absolve us from acting in the best interest for everybody.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ben Carson for President 1 year 11 months ago #53668

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
Well this is an interesting topic now...



Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ben Carson for President 1 year 11 months ago #53677

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
Prov17 wrote:
ken10wil wrote:
fun facts with ken10wil: Jesus never forced people to stop sinning neither should we.

being gay is wrong but one thing is or sure saying they cant be gay and FORCING them to stop being gay is as wrong as them being gay

oh and guess what we have just as much right to lose our freedom to worship if we say gays cant be gays.

no one told us to tell other people what to do and force them to do it (key word "and") that's god jobs they can just as easily say look at your sinful self. im not pro gay but im not going for a law that says they cant be gay its just not fair to them and is that loving

Ken10wil, Jesus whipped merchants out of His temple. Jesus said, “This is my Father’s house, but you have turned it into a den of thieves!” Apparently Jesus forced people to stop sinning in God’s temple, although I’m sure some would call that “unloving”.

You say you’re not pro-gay, but your last post gives every indication that you are pro-gay. You are promoting this anti-Biblical behavior if you say that it would be unfair if there were a law saying people can’t be gay. God is not pro-homosexual, but if they repent, He will save them and take them to heaven the same as all others who repent of their sin because God is merciful to the repentant.

According to the First Amendment, Christians have a right to tell homosexuals that they’re sinning. Also Christians aren’t beating homosexuals with a Bible, telling them to become heterosexual or else. Just because Christians call homosexuality sin and don’t include them in our church doesn’t mean that Sodomites don’t have basic freedoms in this country. They can choose another church. They can choose to ignore those who call it sin.

1 Corinthians 5:9-11 says to cast the sexually immoral out of the church. Discrimination? No, that person isn’t allowed in the church if they continue in their sin. We aren’t being exclusive; we’re just following what the Bible says. In the Old Testament God says that if a man lies with a man as if with a woman, both should be put to death. Laws declaring homosexuality outlawed were done away with in 2003, so nobody is forcing homosexuals to stop their sin.

However the homosexuals want to force Christians to photograph their weddings, as well as bake their cakes. As for Christians, they aren’t being jerks in their approach. Some Christians speak out at homosexual parades, warning them of the judgement to come (1 Corinthians 6:9), but that is not forcing anybody to stop sinning, like you are saying.

Smart Christians stand out on a street holding a sign that says homosexuality is sin. Homosexuals have the freedom to not look at the sign. Or they can look at the sign and walk away. Or they can be calm and talk to the Christian holding the sign. Holding a sign condemning homosexuality is not forcing anything on homosexuals. It’s a peaceful protest.

1) He didn't force them to stop sinning. They were driven out from the temple, but to assume that they stopped cheating honest worshipers is a long stretch.

2) To be in favor gay-rights laws is not equal to being pro-gay. The reason there cannot and should not be laws banning homosexuality is because these laws would define morality. The major voices advocating for ending gay marriage are doing so because gay marriage goes against the Biblical definition of marriage. Passing a law for religious reasons not only violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment, it means that any kind of law defining morality could be passed, which could possibly lead to the infringement of religious liberty and other civil liberties and rights.

3) Christians do have the right to call homosexuality a sin, but homosexuals have the right to tell Christians to mind their business. Similarly, if Christians can hold signs against homosexuality, gays can hold signs promoting it.

4) The reason gay couples can sue Christian businesses for refusing to provide services for their weddings is because it is discriminatory to refuse services to customers on the basis of race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation. These business owners refused service because their prospective clients were gay couples.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ben Carson for President 1 year 11 months ago #53680

preach2daworld wrote:
I agree, if he becomes president he will give people the wrong idea about Adventists and will think we are unfaithful to our own beliefs.
He kind of already has..... :dry:


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TP!!!!

Kwesi, if you want to leave, then leave. If you want to stay, then stay. But the creepy stuff going on recently have been creeping us out. Pick one and do it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds