Ben Carson for President 2 years 6 months ago #45797

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2992
Skite wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
kevin the preacher kid wrote:
is not going to happen but tell me if you were going to vote who woudl you vote for a adventist or and atheist?
think for real a lot of people know the dude his movie and his book but running against hilary clinton and with Obama leaving a not so good black president reputation Carson's chances are slim
plus is not like he has millions for a campaing
anither thing is that in the end times the church will be persecuted here in the US and that wont happen as long as there is and adventist in the white house but since its going to happen in the next 10 years Carson wont win
plus that was just a crazy idea is still a year till elections and there are several other candidates so we have to hope
as for me i would vote (if i could) for Carson

1) Dr. Carson has formed a political action committee to raise money.

2) It would be wrong to vote for him to avoid persecution. All followers of Christ will be persecuted, and Jesus called those who were persecuted for his sake "blessed" and said, "rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven."
As a follower of Jesus, and more specifically a Seventh-day Adventist, you should know that the persecution is a sign of the return of Jesus.

Persecution should be left in the hands of time, and now, we are living in a kind of quiet time. I know whoever reads this will lash at me saying, but persecution might be around the corner. I know that. But should we worry? And is it mandatory to be persecuted in any instance at all? Is it really THAT bad to avoid persecution? And by the looks of it, there IS persecution. not in the US, but in Islam populated countries. Think about that.

No one who is a true follower of God can or will avoid persecution. John 15:20- Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

1 Peter 3:14-But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled

Matthew 5:10- Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

2 Timothy 1:7- For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite, 12pearlygates

Ben Carson for President 2 years 6 months ago #45964

• 12pearlygates
  • I can't live without books. They're my PASSION.
  • Thank you received: 83
Update to all Guide users: Ben Carson has announced his presidential party, meaning, he officially announced that he's running! Here's the link:

news.yahoo.com/ben-carson-famed-neurosur...06816--election.html

So, don't be surprised if you start seeing Ben Carson ads on TV. Any thoughts?

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Ben Carson for President 2 years 6 months ago #46340

• mknz12
  • Just another one of God's many beloved daughters!
  • Thank you received: 264
Speaking of Ben Carson, has anyone ever watched Gifted Hands?? I love that movie :cheer:
////////////////////////////////////////

You keep me steady when the sky is falling
And I'll keep steady after You,
I'll carry on when my strength is failing
Take heart cause You're with me
So let the stars drop,
Whatever comes I'll be ready
You keep me steady

~for KING & COUNTRY, Steady
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Mercylove

Ben Carson for President 2 years 6 months ago #46384

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
Ben Carson nooooooooooo!!!! I truly hope he doesn't win, for his own sake :(

Ben Carson for President 2 years 5 months ago #47266

actually in prophecy the us will be the right hand of the persecution led by the catholic church which right now is trying to unite all evangelical world leader under its staff in ecumenism
watch cause its is closer than it seems and the us is in the middle of it including the popes visit to philadelphia for the family meeting and his speech before congress and the UN this year
:woohoo: watch it the US might be the headquarters for world persecution
screw religious rights for money and help the US will sell their freedom to the Beast

Ben Carson for President 2 years 5 months ago #47267

i like the positive way you think but that is not the real wordl politics can change even the most honest man into the worst liar
dr carson already said God acceptesd gay marriages
all pointing to the fact that he ius not standing strong
plus if he is looking for a republican vote supporting gay marriages or abortion aint going to get him republican support and democrats wont support him because of other previous statements so he will fall
too bad it had to come to this

Ben Carson for President 2 years 5 months ago #47850

• Prov17
  • Live holy as God is holy
  • Thank you received: 296
I wanted to let the people on Guide know that I am no longer for Ben Carson. My reason is because he is for gay marriage. He also endorsed a ticket for a pro-homosexual governor of Ohio to run for another term. So now Carson has lost my respect, and (if I were of age to vote) he wouldn’t get my vote.
~Prov17
Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for? -Leonard Ravenhill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Ben Carson for President 2 years 4 months ago #47923

• ken10wil
  • bossome
  • Thank you received: 82
fun fact politicians break the Sabbath cuz they can politicians lie for there own benefits ben Carson can still head to Spencerville sda and worship on Sabbath

Washington may hate him for it but they cant stop him 1st Amendment and I am personally conservative (not to far right but i agree with them on most things (repuplican for those who don't know)) and if see another democrat in office I will cry weep and run into a wall im voting ben Carson im voting for a man with common sense
cuz liberalism is a mental disease and video games are awesome
favorite text:
12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5:12
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite

Ben Carson for President 2 years 4 months ago #47925

• ken10wil
  • bossome
personal opinion Hillary is a female white Obama only worse
favorite text:
12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Ben Carson for President 2 years 4 months ago #47926

• ken10wil
  • bossome
fun facts with ken10wil: Jesus never forced people to stop sinning neither should we.

being gay is wrong but one thing is or sure saying they cant be gay and FORCING them to stop being gay is as wrong as them being gay

oh and guess what we have just as much right to lose our freedom to worship if we say gays cant be gays.

no one told us to tell other people what to do and force them to do it (key word "and") that's god jobs they can just as easily say look at your sinful self
im not pro gay but im not going for a law that says they cant be gay its just not fair to them and is that loving
favorite text:

Ben Carson for President 2 years 4 months ago #47983

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
I bet you probably HAVE to be for gay marriage if you want to run for president now :dry: this country is messed up
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17

Ben Carson for President 2 years 4 months ago #47999

• IlikeEatingPi
  • I'm Gluten Free :(
  • Thank you received: 50
I don't think he will make it to being president the voting system is corrupt (my mom is in to conspiracy theories so it's heredity). ;) ;) ;)

Ben Carson for President 2 years 4 months ago #48199

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
IlikeEatingPi wrote:
I don't think he will make it to being president the voting system is corrupt (my mom is in to conspiracy theories so it's heredity). ;) ;) ;)

Lol, my mom is kinda into that too (not in a creepy way). I'm kind of a conspiracy theorist too (all of the young famous people who "died" ARE in the Bermuda triangle!!!). I think my dad gets a little annoyed with us :whistle:

Ben Carson for President 2 years 4 months ago #48268

• Tuftedtitmouse
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Thank you received: 70
Man some of y'all better study prophecy better that's all I can say
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse

Ben Carson for President 2 years 3 months ago #49485

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1945
is not going to happen but tell me if you were going to vote who woudl you vote for a adventist or and atheist?
think for real a lot of people know the dude his movie and his book but running against hilary clinton and with Obama leaving a not so good black president reputation Carson's chances are slim
plus is not like he has millions for a campaing
anither thing is that in the end times the church will be persecuted here in the US and that wont happen as long as there is and adventist in the white house but since its going to happen in the next 10 years Carson wont win
plus that was just a crazy idea is still a year till elections and there are several other candidates so we have to hope
as for me i would vote (if i could) for Carson

Well, I don't think it matter whether we vote Adventist or atheist. I mean, if the Adventist was a bad person, I wouldn't vote for him/her.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Ben Carson for President 2 years 3 months ago #49486

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
Skite wrote:
Quirky wrote:
let me tell you the only reason politicians have to lie is to get the public behind them
now about the politician game you are totally right, the people with the money rule and normally they are bad (sad to say)
however the bible still says that we should obey our authority and I would rather obey a ruler that is a christian

I'm assuming you're talking to meeeee..........sooooooooooo

It doesn't make a difference as to why someone is lying or what they're lying about. A lie is a lie, and you can't serve God (or profess to serve Him) while making a million and one promises that you know won't come true. Yes, we are to respect those who are in power, but we are to fear God before we honor the "king"

1 Peter 2:17- Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

We are to respect those in power as men that God allowed to be in power for whatever reason. But if it comes to choosing them or closing God, well, you already know the answer to that. Acts 5:29- ...We ought to obey God rather than man

.....I hope that made sense.

What promises has he given? Plus democracy is so funny.

May I ask what you mean by democracy being funny?
- Guilty by Newsboys

Ben Carson for President 2 years 3 months ago #49509

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
I think Carson can be a great witness. I've got a friend who is crazy about Carson. He thinks it's cool that he will be running for president. My friend ( I'll call him Mark. That's not his real name) also likes Ben Carson because Carson is a neurosurgeon. (Mark (I almost typed his real name) is going to school to neurosurgery) Mark isn't Adventist, and didn't know anything about our religion. He didn't learn until after the republican presidential debate that Carson is Seventh Day Adventist. Now he's asking me all sorts of stuff about Adventists. :)
- Guilty by Newsboys

Ben Carson for President 2 years 1 month ago #51459

if you are republican you wouldnt accept gays
if you allow sin you become part of it
jesus loved the sinner but not the sin and he urged them to stop, if they didnt eternal separation from God (death not hell)
you are not the only one that is staring to feel fine about sin in the church

Ben Carson for President 2 years 1 month ago #51537

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
if you are republican you wouldnt accept gays
if you allow sin you become part of it
jesus loved the sinner but not the sin and he urged them to stop, if they didnt eternal separation from God (death not hell)
you are not the only one that is staring to feel fine about sin in the church

Whoa whoa whoa! Your first sentence was offensive. Just because you are a Democrat does not mean that you support gay marriage.
- Guilty by Newsboys
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, Blue Tornado

Ben Carson for President 2 years 1 month ago #51583

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1215
Mp137 wrote:
I think Carson can be a great witness. I've got a friend who is crazy about Carson. He thinks it's cool that he will be running for president. My friend ( I'll call him Mark. That's not his real name) also likes Ben Carson because Carson is a neurosurgeon. (Mark (I almost typed his real name) is going to school to neurosurgery) Mark isn't Adventist, and didn't know anything about our religion. He didn't learn until after the republican presidential debate that Carson is Seventh Day Adventist. Now he's asking me all sorts of stuff about Adventists. :)

Dr. Carson is no witness. He has repeatedly demonstrated that he has no problem campaigning on Sabbaths, and isn't as anti-abortion as he says he is. In the early 90's, he used aborted fetuses for research, the same thing he has criticized others for doing.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter

Ben Carson for President 2 years 1 month ago #51585

• stone
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 16
Honestly, Ben Carson isn't even Adventist anymore. He was asked whether or not the Bible was above the Constitution and avoided answering.

www.christianpost.com/news/ben-carson-as...constitution-142209/

Not only that, he was one of a number of presidential hopefuls lining up to meet with Pope Francis when he came here.

Ben Carson for President 2 years 1 month ago #51596

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
If we are truly Seventh Day Adventist then we shouldn't be Republican or Democratic, we shouldn't even be involved with politics

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

What are we to do, then?—Let political questions alone. {CCh 316.4}

There is a large vineyard to be cultivated; but while Christians are to work among unbelievers, they are not to appear like worldlings. They are not to spend their time talking politics or acting politics; for by so doing they give the enemy opportunity to come in and cause variance and discord. {CCh 316.5}

God’s children are to separate themselves from politics, from any alliance with unbelievers. Do not take part in political strife. Separate from the world, and refrain from bringing into the church or school ideas that will lead to contention and disorder. Dissension is the moral poison taken into the system by human beings who are selfish.570 {CCh 316.6}

I wonder if anybody actually read that quote....

Ben Carson for President 2 years 1 month ago #51614

• chocolatedancer1106
  • Psalm 86:15 is one of my favorite verses
  • Thank you received: 41
I do agree w/ some of you that are saying that it would be hard for him to stay true to his values and keep the Sabbath if he became president/joined politics on a large level like this one. However, for me, it personally doesn't just stop there. In some debates and in response to people's questions, he has been saying things that aren't right. For example, in a recent Republican debate, he said he doesn't like Muslims, and he doesn't approve of having them in the US because they are all dangerous. This is a huge example of stereotyping an entire group based on a couple of events (in this case, 9/11 and ISIS). Doing this is extremely wrong, since there are a ton of wonderful people who are Muslims. God wants us to accept all groups of people and be kind to them, even if they are not Christians. This is the only way we can tell them about the Bible. Ben Carson is setting the wrong example for others by badmouthing Muslims. This is going to also give everyone the wrong impression of Adventists- they're going to think we all hate certain groups of people and are discriminatory. Ben Carson also supports having guns, which I personally don't believe in (mainly because people possessing guns has led to lots of mass shootings that take the lives of innocent people). These are a couple of reasons why I don't support him running for president, but that's just my personal opinion- I understand if you guys feel differently, because I know we all have our personal values and they are different. However, my values just don't agree with Ben Carson's views. If it's God's will for him to become president, though, it'll happen, so it's not really in our hands.
Psalm 86:15 - But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.

This is one of my favorite verses :)

I LOVE CHOCOLATE!

Ben Carson for President 2 years 1 month ago #51638

• Skite
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Thank you received: 604
Quirky wrote:
I bet you probably HAVE to be for gay marriage if you want to run for president now :dry: this country is messed up

That's really the problem, and it's going to get worse.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Ben Carson for President 2 years 1 month ago #51639

• Skite
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Thank you received: 604
I would like to remind you that Ben Carson is another person who lives on this earth, who has had the idea to lead the country. What is the big fuss?

Also, as the law states, there is religious freedom, which means that he is technically free to go to church, and also he must have a free day off, right?

And Carson will not be the first person who has met this Sabbath problem. Thousands of SDA's have worked at secular jobs, or situations, and God took care of the rest. Wait a sec...... that's it GOD TAKES CARE OF IT. It is NOT OUR JOB to worry about Carson. According to the book, he has had quite a life that has deepened his faith. So all that we have to do is wait for a sign from God showing if He approves or disapproves of Carson's decision.

That's my opinion. Thanks, for reading.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds