Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ben Carson for President

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #43473

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2978
Prov17 wrote:
Quirky, God talks about everything too. Give me one verse that says to listen to a man (or a woman).

Jeremiah 25:4, 26:5, 29:19, 35:15, Daniel 9:6.

I don't believe we should listen to humans alone, who aren't under the influence of the Holy Spirit. I want to listen to God alone. As you know, God doesn't speak to us as a thundering voice from heaven or an audible voice up in the mountains on a regular basis. He often speak to us through humans, His servants. As a Seventh Day Adventist I believe that Ellen White was one of God's 'special' servants, just like Jeremiah and the prophet Samuel were. Just like Daniel, she received visions on the future and, like Samuel, was given specific directions on how to carry out something directly from the Lord. You study God's word and decide for your self what is truth.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #43486

• Skite
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Thank you received: 604
Maybe someone should adress a letter to Ben Carson, asking politly what his intentions are, and what is really going on in his mind about the upcoming events.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #43618

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
Okay, why don't you do it skite? :side:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, Skite

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #43678

• *bjc4christ*
  • God first
  • Thank you received: 98
Does Ben Carson even go to church on a Sabbath anymore?
'THE BIBLE IS AN ANVIL THAT HAS WORN OUT MANY HAMMERS'...EARLY REFORMER OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH...*

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #43766

• Prov17
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Live holy as God is holy
  • Thank you received: 296
Quirky wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
Quirky, God talks about everything too. Give me one verse that says to listen to a man (or a woman).

Jeremiah 25:4, 26:5, 29:19, 35:15, Daniel 9:6.

I don't believe we should listen to humans alone, who aren't under the influence of the Holy Spirit. I want to listen to God alone. As you know, God doesn't speak to us as a thundering voice from heaven or an audible voice up in the mountains on a regular basis. He often speak to us through humans, His servants. As a Seventh Day Adventist I believe that Ellen White was one of God's 'special' servants, just like Jeremiah and the prophet Samuel were. Just like Daniel, she received visions on the future and, like Samuel, was given specific directions on how to carry out something directly from the Lord. You study God's word and decide for your self what is truth.
I'm sorry, I only read about the first visions and not all of them.
Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for? -Leonard Ravenhill

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #43776

• Prov17
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Live holy as God is holy
  • Thank you received: 296
*bjc4christ* wrote:
Does Ben Carson even go to church on a Sabbath anymore?
Ask him. Don't jump to conclusions.
Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for? -Leonard Ravenhill
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12, Quirky, Skite, Mp137

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #43865

• Skite
Prov17 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
There's one problem, Skite doesn't live in America. InspiredThinker should write Carson a letter since he's so concerned.

You don't need to be in America to write a letter.

There is e-mail.

I'll see what I can do.
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #43878

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
Prov17 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
There's one problem, Skite doesn't live in America. InspiredThinker should write Carson a letter since he's so concerned.

Ooh yeeeah, I forgot about that. Never mind Skite! :oops:

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #43963

• 12pearlygates
  • I can't live without books. They're my PASSION.
  • Thank you received: 83
Skite wrote:
Why all the negativity?

Are you REALLY SURE that he's going to do that?

That's judging right there.

I think you guys should rethink your statements.

Uh, Skite, this is NOT judging. This is trying to say that Ben Carson is ignoring what God and his prophet are saying. There's a big difference. :huh: Newsflash! Did you hear? Ben Carson was seen at a Republican National Committee meeting that is usually held on Saturday.

Also, see this article:

After you read that, read InspiredThinker again:

"I don't think he made the right decision. As president, he will have to give up countless Sabbaths, and make deals and agreements with ungodly people. Moreover, he ignored the writings of Ellen White, who expressly stated that Adventists are not to run for office.

White said:

"They are not to spend their time talking politics or acting as politicians; for by so doing, they give the enemy opportunity to come in and cause variance and discord. ...True Christian influence, exerted for the accomplishment of the work God has appointed, is a precious agency, and it must not be united with politics" (FE 483.2)"

Here's another comment from InspiredThinker.

"It's great that he stands for marriage as it is defined in the Word. But American politics is not pure, and has not been without corruption since the 1820's. Read about it.

Furthermore, as a Seventh-day Adventist who considers himself "devout", has no business claiming that he can fix, or at least make America better.

Seventh-day Adventists interpret the second beast of Revelation 13 to be the United States of America. In Revelation 13, this beast will have the power that the first beast (interpret to be the Holy See) enjoyed. It will use its influence to make people worship the first beast and receive the Mark of the Beast.

According to the views of his church, this country will fall to the Papacy. He is claiming to be able to fix a country his church believes will fall. Either Dr. Carson does not know what his church believes, or he is being dishonest. If we believe he is as devout as he says he is, rationality points to dishonesty.

Carson needs to drop out before someone with a pull much larger than mine points this out."

Plus, here's a comment from Quirky:

Counsels for the church: Excitement over Politics

Those who teach the Bible in our churches and our schools are not at liberty to unite in making apparent their prejudices for or against political men or measures, because by so doing they stir up the minds of others, leading each to advocate his favorite theory. There are among those professing to believe present truth, some who will thus be stirred up to express their sentiments and political preferences, so that division will be brought into the church.{CCh 316.1}
The Lord would have His people bury political questions. On these themes silence is eloquence. Christ calls upon His followers to come into unity on the pure gospel principles which are plainly revealed in the word of God. We cannot with safety vote for political parties; for we do not know whom we are voting for. We cannot with safety take part in any political scheme.{CCh 316.2}
Those who are Christians indeed will be branches of the true vine, and will bear the same fruit as the vine. They will act in harmony, in Christian fellowship. They will not wear political badges, but the badge of Christ.{CCh 316.3}
What are we to do, then?—Let political questions alone.{CCh 316.4}
There is a large vineyard to be cultivated; but while Christians are to work among unbelievers, they are not to appear like worldlings. They are not to spend their time talking politics or acting politics; for by so doing they give the enemy opportunity to come in and cause variance and discord.{CCh 316.5}

She talks about EVERYTHING!!!!!! :woohoo:

God’s children are to separate themselves from politics, from any alliance with unbelievers. Do not take part in political strife. Separate from the world, and refrain from bringing into the church or school ideas that will lead to contention and disorder. Dissension is the moral poison taken into the system by human beings who are selfish.570 {CCh 316.}
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #44106

• Skite
12pearlygates wrote:
Skite wrote:
Why all the negativity?

Are you REALLY SURE that he's going to do that?

That's judging right there.

I think you guys should rethink your statements.

Uh, Skite, this is NOT judging. This is trying to say that Ben Carson is ignoring what God and his prophet are saying. There's a big difference. :huh: Newsflash! Did you hear? Ben Carson was seen at a Republican National Committee meeting that is usually held on Saturday.

Also, see this article:

After you read that, read InspiredThinker again:

"I don't think he made the right decision. As president, he will have to give up countless Sabbaths, and make deals and agreements with ungodly people. Moreover, he ignored the writings of Ellen White, who expressly stated that Adventists are not to run for office.

White said:

"They are not to spend their time talking politics or acting as politicians; for by so doing, they give the enemy opportunity to come in and cause variance and discord. ...True Christian influence, exerted for the accomplishment of the work God has appointed, is a precious agency, and it must not be united with politics" (FE 483.2)"

Here's another comment from InspiredThinker.

"It's great that he stands for marriage as it is defined in the Word. But American politics is not pure, and has not been without corruption since the 1820's. Read about it.

Furthermore, as a Seventh-day Adventist who considers himself "devout", has no business claiming that he can fix, or at least make America better.

Seventh-day Adventists interpret the second beast of Revelation 13 to be the United States of America. In Revelation 13, this beast will have the power that the first beast (interpret to be the Holy See) enjoyed. It will use its influence to make people worship the first beast and receive the Mark of the Beast.

According to the views of his church, this country will fall to the Papacy. He is claiming to be able to fix a country his church believes will fall. Either Dr. Carson does not know what his church believes, or he is being dishonest. If we believe he is as devout as he says he is, rationality points to dishonesty.

Carson needs to drop out before someone with a pull much larger than mine points this out."

Plus, here's a comment from Quirky:

Counsels for the church: Excitement over Politics

Those who teach the Bible in our churches and our schools are not at liberty to unite in making apparent their prejudices for or against political men or measures, because by so doing they stir up the minds of others, leading each to advocate his favorite theory. There are among those professing to believe present truth, some who will thus be stirred up to express their sentiments and political preferences, so that division will be brought into the church.{CCh 316.1}
The Lord would have His people bury political questions. On these themes silence is eloquence. Christ calls upon His followers to come into unity on the pure gospel principles which are plainly revealed in the word of God. We cannot with safety vote for political parties; for we do not know whom we are voting for. We cannot with safety take part in any political scheme.{CCh 316.2}
Those who are Christians indeed will be branches of the true vine, and will bear the same fruit as the vine. They will act in harmony, in Christian fellowship. They will not wear political badges, but the badge of Christ.{CCh 316.3}
What are we to do, then?—Let political questions alone.{CCh 316.4}
There is a large vineyard to be cultivated; but while Christians are to work among unbelievers, they are not to appear like worldlings. They are not to spend their time talking politics or acting politics; for by so doing they give the enemy opportunity to come in and cause variance and discord.{CCh 316.5}

She talks about EVERYTHING!!!!!! :woohoo:

God’s children are to separate themselves from politics, from any alliance with unbelievers. Do not take part in political strife. Separate from the world, and refrain from bringing into the church or school ideas that will lead to contention and disorder. Dissension is the moral poison taken into the system by human beings who are selfish.570 {CCh 316.}

What you really did was restate what other people have said, I know all of these posts. Do you have anything else that you might want to say?
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

The following user(s) said Thank You: nathanaelj56

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #44136

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 2 Corinthians 6:17

You guys see all of these arguments and things that we're getting into right now because of this whole presidency thing? THIS is why we aren't suppose to get caught up in it :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 12pearlygates

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #44165

• 12pearlygates
  • I can't live without books. They're my PASSION.
  • Thank you received: 83
Dear Skite, I only reposted the comments from Quirky and InspiredThinker to make it easier for you to read. You would not have to go back and try to find them, since they were very old posts. It was really for your convenience, I was actually trying to be nice.

Also, I added a link that somehow did not go through. I'm resending it. Here it is:

barelyadventist.com/general-conference-b...o-run-for-president/

(If you can't get the link, Google "GC begs Ben Carson not to run" )

Since Ben Carson has said that "he is starting to think about it", then we can assume that he might run for president and this is why I think he should not run. I believe that Ben Carson will be breaking God's Sabbath repeatedly and continuously (I'm being redundant for emphasis ;) ) during his campaign for the presidency since most of the meetings, and rallies, and fundraisers, and photo ops, and everything else, will be held on a Friday night or Saturday. So if he becomes the president, he will already be so used to breaking the Sabbath, that he wouldn't give it a second thought. And God will not bless his presidency as a deliberate, outright, Sabbath-breaker because he knows better.

Hope that helps to change your opinion! God bless you! B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Ben Carson for President 2 years 8 months ago #44511

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1090
SdaLegacy please show me Scripture where Jesus was involved in the politics of his day. Also, God only appointed rulers because the people demanded it. They wanted to be like other nations, look what it got them. Was the country really "peaceful and prosperous"?SdaLegacy wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
Proverbs 29:2
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan.

I am for Carson as you can see. If Carson wins, then there will be rejoicing. But if another corrupt president is in office, then there will be groaning.

God will bless the efforts of a Christian man. Ben Carson is for the Second Amendment. I agree with what he said here about marriage. “Marriage is between a man and a woman. No group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality, it doesn’t matter what they are. They don't get to change the definition.”
(Carson’s comments drew criticism for using "gays" in the same sentence as pedophiles and practitioners of bestiality. A group of Hopkins students circulated a petition asking that Carson be replaced as the university’s commencement speaker.)

This man sounds like a great man to become president. Get him in office when you can.

It's great that he stands for marriage as it is defined in the Word. But American politics is not pure, and has not been without corruption since the 1820's. Read about it.

According to the views of his church, this country will fall to the Papacy. He is claiming to be able to fix a country his church believes will fall.Either Dr. Carson does not know what his church believes, or he is being dishonest. If we believe he is as devout as he says he is, rationality points to dishonesty.

Carson needs to drop out before someone with a pull much larger than mine points this out.[/quote

Your statement proves your ignorance of these topics. DO you attempt to take care of the earth? It will be destroyed anyway, your phone, or computer? eventually it will break. Why do your parents feed you? eventually you will die. Even though we know that the US will align itself with the beast in the future, we still need to try to keep it as Godly as possible. Why are we even worrying about this? Ben Carson is as Adventist as all of us, m sure he will ask for God's will to be done. If it is god's will he will be elected. if not then he won't. Also contrary to the public opinion on this site, no he will not be forced to deny his faith. He can keep the Sabbath. It will mean more work on other days but he can do it. He can tell the truth. Jesus was involved in the politics of his day. Did He ever lie? God appoints Godly rulers. In the bible many rulers were appointed by God and that is when the land was peaceful and prosperous. When there is an ungodly ruler s when the country is bad. I just pray God will help Ben Carson stay Godly.
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite

Ben Carson for President 2 years 8 months ago #44547

is not going to happen but tell me if you were going to vote who woudl you vote for a adventist or and atheist?
think for real a lot of people know the dude his movie and his book but running against hilary clinton and with Obama leaving a not so good black president reputation Carson's chances are slim
plus is not like he has millions for a campaing
anither thing is that in the end times the church will be persecuted here in the US and that wont happen as long as there is and adventist in the white house but since its going to happen in the next 10 years Carson wont win
plus that was just a crazy idea is still a year till elections and there are several other candidates so we have to hope
as for me i would vote (if i could) for Carson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite, Prov17

Ben Carson for President 2 years 8 months ago #44559

• azur21
  • Thank you received: 11
The first time I heard Ben Carson was going to run for president, I got so happy, and then I realized that being a president would make him do lots of things that goes against his faith. Plus with all the things that are happening these days, I don't think it would be the best idea. All I know is that its in Gods hands, and I'm going to pray for him. :) You guys should too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite, 12pearlygates

Ben Carson for President 2 years 8 months ago #44581

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
To be a president, you have to be a politic. To be a politic you have to lie about all of the 'wonderful' things you'll do for the country, and them secretly do the most horrendous things to make it happen or get what you want. PLUS, the president doesn't really control anything. He's just a puppet playing the "Political Game". That's my honest opinion and unless someone can give me SOLID proof from reliable sources, I'm stickin' to it. :dry:

Ben Carson for President 2 years 8 months ago #44625

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1214
kevin the preacher kid wrote:
is not going to happen but tell me if you were going to vote who woudl you vote for a adventist or and atheist?
think for real a lot of people know the dude his movie and his book but running against hilary clinton and with Obama leaving a not so good black president reputation Carson's chances are slim
anither thing is that in the end times the church will be persecuted here in the US and that wont happen as long as there is and adventist in the white house but since its going to happen in the next 10 years Carson wont win
plus that was just a crazy idea is still a year till elections and there are several other candidates so we have to hope

1) Dr. Carson has formed a political action committee to raise money.

2) It would be wrong to vote for him to avoid persecution. All followers of Christ will be persecuted, and Jesus called those who were persecuted for his sake "blessed" and said, "rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven."
As a follower of Jesus, and more specifically a Seventh-day Adventist, you should know that the persecution is a sign of the return of Jesus.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, 12pearlygates

Ben Carson for President 2 years 8 months ago #44714

let me tell you the only reason politicians have to lie is to get the public behind them
now about the politician game you are totally right, the people with the money rule and normally they are bad (sad to say)
however the bible still says that we should obey our authority and I would rather obey a ruler that is a christian

Ben Carson for President 2 years 8 months ago #44715

i wouldnt vote for him for such a reason but what i mean is that with the end times coming so fast it is propheticly impossible for Carson to become a president
i didnt know he actually was raising money but if he is good luck
is like the world cup, i wanted argentina to win but i knew it wouldnt
things are how they are

Ben Carson for President 2 years 8 months ago #44850

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
let me tell you the only reason politicians have to lie is to get the public behind them
now about the politician game you are totally right, the people with the money rule and normally they are bad (sad to say)
however the bible still says that we should obey our authority and I would rather obey a ruler that is a christian

I'm assuming you're talking to meeeee..........sooooooooooo

It doesn't make a difference as to why someone is lying or what they're lying about. A lie is a lie, and you can't serve God (or profess to serve Him) while making a million and one promises that you know won't come true. Yes, we are to respect those who are in power, but we are to fear God before we honor the "king"

1 Peter 2:17- Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

We are to respect those in power as men that God allowed to be in power for whatever reason. But if it comes to choosing them or closing God, well, you already know the answer to that. Acts 5:29- ...We ought to obey God rather than man

.....I hope that made sense.

Ben Carson for President 2 years 8 months ago #44898

I respectfully disagree. i feel as that daniel was a ruler, any christian can be an officer as well :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite, 116Click

Ben Carson for President 2 years 7 months ago #44974

• Skite
Quirky wrote:

It doesn't make a difference as to why someone is lying or what they're lying about. A lie is a lie, and you can't serve God (or profess to serve Him) while making a million and one promises that you know won't come true. Yes, we are to respect those who are in power, but we are to fear God before we honor the "king"

We are to respect those in power as men that God allowed to be in power for whatever reason. But if it comes to choosing them or closing God, well, you already know the answer to that. Acts 5:29- ...We ought to obey God rather than man

What promises has he given? Plus democracy is so funny.
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

Ben Carson for President 2 years 7 months ago #44975

• Skite
InspiredThinker wrote:

1) Dr. Carson has formed a political action committee to raise money.

2) It would be wrong to vote for him to avoid persecution. All followers of Christ will be persecuted, and Jesus called those who were persecuted for his sake "blessed" and said, "rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven."
As a follower of Jesus, and more specifically a Seventh-day Adventist, you should know that the persecution is a sign of the return of Jesus.

Persecution should be left in the hands of time, and now, we are living in a kind of quiet time. I know whoever reads this will lash at me saying, but persecution might be around the corner. I know that. But should we worry? And is it mandatory to be persecuted in any instance at all? Is it really THAT bad to avoid persecution? And by the looks of it, there IS persecution. not in the US, but in Islam populated countries. Think about that.
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

The following user(s) said Thank You: ken10wil

Ben Carson for President 2 years 7 months ago #44990

• snow4me
  • Thank you received: 105
InspiredThinker wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
Proverbs 29:2
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan.

I am for Carson as you can see. If Carson wins, then there will be rejoicing. But if another corrupt president is in office, then there will be groaning.

God will bless the efforts of a Christian man. Ben Carson is for the Second Amendment. I agree with what he said here about marriage. “Marriage is between a man and a woman. No group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality, it doesn’t matter what they are. They don't get to change the definition.”
(Carson’s comments drew criticism for using "gays" in the same sentence as pedophiles and practitioners of bestiality. A group of Hopkins students circulated a petition asking that Carson be replaced as the university’s commencement speaker.)

This man sounds like a great man to become president. Get him in office when you can.

It's great that he stands for marriage as it is defined in the Word. But American politics is not pure, and has not been without corruption since the 1820's. Read about it.

Carson needs to drop out before someone with a pull much larger than mine points this out.

Why do you breathe? You're just going to die anyways. Just because we know the country is going to fall apart doesn't mean we can't try to make it work for as long as possible. It doesn't mean Carson doesn't know what his church believes!

Let me put it this way. If there was a building that you knew was about to fall down, and there were people inside, wouldn't you warn the people, and then try to hold up the building long enough for them to get out? Or would you stand there and say, "It's going to fall down" and just walk away?

Just because politics are corrupt doesn't mean that all politicians need be corrupt. Just saying, we live in a corrupt world, that doesn't make all of us corrupt, now does it?
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by snow4me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim33, Skite, sunnyside1, Mp137

Ben Carson for President 2 years 6 months ago #45796

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
Skite wrote:
Quirky wrote:

What promises has he given? Plus democracy is so funny.

I wasn't talking about Carson specifically on my last post. I was making a general comment.
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds