Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ben Carson for President

Ben Carson for President 2 years 10 months ago #42213

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1419
  • Thank you received: 1208
I suppose you've heard in the news that SDA doctor Ben Carson, former head of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns-Hopkins University, has announced he will run for President.

I don't think he made the right decision. As president, he will have to give up countless Sabbaths, and make deals and agreements with ungodly people. Moreover, he ignored the writings of Ellen White, who expressly stated that Adventists are not to run for office.

White said:

"They are not to spend their time talking politics or acting as politicians; for by so doing, they give the enemy opportunity to come in and cause variance and discord. ...True Christian influence, exerted for the accomplishment of the work God has appointed, is a precious agency, and it must not be united with politics" (FE 483.2)

What do you think?
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Preciousabby1116

Ben Carson for President 2 years 10 months ago #42388

  • Myles80
  • Myles80's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 72
  • Thank you received: 40
I agree with what you say.... I think SDA's can do local politcs (like a mayor); but on national level, you cannot keep the sabbath or stand for what we as God's remnant people stand for. That's just my opinion lol
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ben Carson for President 2 years 10 months ago #42407

I agree, if he becomes president he will give people the wrong idea about Adventists and will think we are unfaithful to our own beliefs. Not only will he break the Sabbath countless times, he will have to, as all politicians in history do, LIE. I know I will not vote for him.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Preciousabby1116, Myles80, Kwesi

Ben Carson for President 2 years 10 months ago #42411

  • Prov17
  • Prov17's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Live holy as God is holy
  • Posts: 314
  • Thank you received: 296
Proverbs 29:2
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan.

I am for Carson as you can see. If Carson wins, then there will be rejoicing. But if another corrupt president is in office, then there will be groaning.

God will bless the efforts of a Christian man. Ben Carson is for the Second Amendment. I agree with what he said here about marriage. “Marriage is between a man and a woman. No group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality, it doesn’t matter what they are. They don't get to change the definition.”
(Carson’s comments drew criticism for using "gays" in the same sentence as pedophiles and practitioners of bestiality. A group of Hopkins students circulated a petition asking that Carson be replaced as the university’s commencement speaker.)

This man sounds like a great man to become president. Get him in office when you can.
Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for? -Leonard Ravenhill
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite, Mercylove, 116Click, fancy_jenns, Mp137

Ben Carson for President 2 years 10 months ago #42432

  • Delightful
  • Delightful's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 74
  • Thank you received: 120
I think that as an individual, he is not perfect, he most likely has things that he deals with as a Christian and really, it is up to him. I don't think that it's for us to decide, or say "Wow, he isn't doing the right thing", because we all make choices on our own to do other things that maybe we've been told aren't the greatest thing to do. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. I think it isn't a big deal, but I don't know, that's just me.

Disclaimer: not saying that you're judgemental or anything like that. It's totally okay to say that you feel a certain way, but don't let this keep you up at night. ;)
Psalm 73:28 ♡
Christ is Enough for Me
Colossians 3:15-17✝
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12, Skite, Mercylove, sunnyside1, Prov17, Godsboy2, Mp137, sekayi_101, pathfinder4ever

Ben Carson for President 2 years 10 months ago #42450

  • *bjc4christ*
  • *bjc4christ*'s Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • God first
  • Posts: 198
  • Thank you received: 98
Absolutely agree with you...And he wouldn't just be ignoring our Sis. Whites writings and neglecting the Sabbath but he would then also have to join forces with the Roman Catholic Church (The Beast) to fulfill prophecy. And knowing that he's a SDA, that position would be he worst kind of position to be in.

I hope that someone or something stops his decision, whether it being that he shouldn't be chosen or whether someone slaps him in the face to stop (not literally ;)

He use to be an enormous role model of mine but as I learned about this my mind started changing...I'm actually really disappointed in him :(
'THE BIBLE IS AN ANVIL THAT HAS WORN OUT MANY HAMMERS'...EARLY REFORMER OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH...*
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ben Carson for President 2 years 10 months ago #42509

  • sunnyside1
  • sunnyside1's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Saved to Serve
  • Posts: 592
  • Thank you received: 392
I heard about it on Facebook but just figured it was a rumor. I also didn't no about his job. So he's really running for president? Well, honestly it would be better than Obama (no offense).
Sometimes we worry,
Sometimes we fret.
Sometimes we feel like
We can't move a step.

But God is still with us.
Keep Him in mind.
Trust in Him alway.
He is ever so kind.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Myles80, Skite, Prov17, Godsboy2

Ben Carson for President 2 years 10 months ago #42514

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1419
  • Thank you received: 1208
Prov17 wrote:
Proverbs 29:2
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan.

I am for Carson as you can see. If Carson wins, then there will be rejoicing. But if another corrupt president is in office, then there will be groaning.

God will bless the efforts of a Christian man. Ben Carson is for the Second Amendment. I agree with what he said here about marriage. “Marriage is between a man and a woman. No group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality, it doesn’t matter what they are. They don't get to change the definition.”
(Carson’s comments drew criticism for using "gays" in the same sentence as pedophiles and practitioners of bestiality. A group of Hopkins students circulated a petition asking that Carson be replaced as the university’s commencement speaker.)

This man sounds like a great man to become president. Get him in office when you can.

It's great that he stands for marriage as it is defined in the Word. But American politics is not pure, and has not been without corruption since the 1820's. Read about it.

Furthermore, as a Seventh-day Adventist who considers himself "devout", has no business claiming that he can fix, or at least make America better.

Seventh-day Adventists interpret the second beast of Revelation 13 to be the United States of America. In Revelation 13, this beast will have the power that the first beast (interpret to be the Holy See) enjoyed. It will use its influence to make people worship the first beast and receive the Mark of the Beast.

According to the views of his church, this country will fall to the Papacy. He is claiming to be able to fix a country his church believes will fall. Either Dr. Carson does not know what his church believes, or he is being dishonest. If we believe he is as devout as he says he is, rationality points to dishonesty.

Carson needs to drop out before someone with a pull much larger than mine points this out.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stone, 12pearlygates

Ben Carson for President 2 years 10 months ago #42565

  • Skite
  • Skite's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Posts: 1132
  • Thank you received: 604
Why all the negativity?

Are you REALLY SURE that he's going to do that?

That's judging right there.

I think you guys should rethink your statements.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Myles80, Alex Lee

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #42628

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1419
  • Thank you received: 1208
Prov17 wrote:
Is Ellen White God, everybody? No. Read my earlier comment.

What I am saying is that Dr. Carson will have to sacrifice his religious beliefs to fully do his job. National and international crises that require immediate attention will not wait until Saturday sundown to manifest.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stone, *bjc4christ*

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #42660

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3566
  • Thank you received: 2916
Counsels for the church: Excitement over Politics

Those who teach the Bible in our churches and our schools are not at liberty to unite in making apparent their prejudices for or against political men or measures, because by so doing they stir up the minds of others, leading each to advocate his favorite theory. There are among those professing to believe present truth, some who will thus be stirred up to express their sentiments and political preferences, so that division will be brought into the church.{CCh 316.1}
The Lord would have His people bury political questions. On these themes silence is eloquence. Christ calls upon His followers to come into unity on the pure gospel principles which are plainly revealed in the word of God. We cannot with safety vote for political parties; for we do not know whom we are voting for. We cannot with safety take part in any political scheme.{CCh 316.2}
Those who are Christians indeed will be branches of the true vine, and will bear the same fruit as the vine. They will act in harmony, in Christian fellowship. They will not wear political badges, but the badge of Christ.{CCh 316.3}
What are we to do, then?—Let political questions alone.{CCh 316.4}
There is a large vineyard to be cultivated; but while Christians are to work among unbelievers, they are not to appear like worldlings. They are not to spend their time talking politics or acting politics; for by so doing they give the enemy opportunity to come in and cause variance and discord.{CCh 316.5}


She talks about EVERYTHING!!!!!! :woohoo:











God’s children are to separate themselves from politics, from any alliance with unbelievers. Do not take part in political strife. Separate from the world, and refrain from bringing into the church or school ideas that will lead to contention and disorder. Dissension is the moral poison taken into the system by human beings who are selfish.570




{CCh 316.6}
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, bush possum, Godsboy2

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #42802

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1419
  • Thank you received: 1208
Quirky wrote:
Counsels for the church: Excitement over Politics

Those who teach the Bible in our churches and our schools are not at liberty to unite in making apparent their prejudices for or against political men or measures, because by so doing they stir up the minds of others, leading each to advocate his favorite theory. There are among those professing to believe present truth, some who will thus be stirred up to express their sentiments and political preferences, so that division will be brought into the church.{CCh 316.1}
The Lord would have His people bury political questions. On these themes silence is eloquence. Christ calls upon His followers to come into unity on the pure gospel principles which are plainly revealed in the word of God. We cannot with safety vote for political parties; for we do not know whom we are voting for. We cannot with safety take part in any political scheme.{CCh 316.2}
Those who are Christians indeed will be branches of the true vine, and will bear the same fruit as the vine. They will act in harmony, in Christian fellowship. They will not wear political badges, but the badge of Christ.{CCh 316.3}
What are we to do, then?—Let political questions alone.{CCh 316.4}
There is a large vineyard to be cultivated; but while Christians are to work among unbelievers, they are not to appear like worldlings. They are not to spend their time talking politics or acting politics; for by so doing they give the enemy opportunity to come in and cause variance and discord.{CCh 316.5}


She talks about EVERYTHING!!!!!! :woohoo:











God’s children are to separate themselves from politics, from any alliance with unbelievers. Do not take part in political strife. Separate from the world, and refrain from bringing into the church or school ideas that will lead to contention and disorder. Dissension is the moral poison taken into the system by human beings who are selfish.570




{CCh 316.6}

Of course she talks about it. She was a messenger inspired by God. B) :P
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, bush possum

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #42826

  • Prov17
  • Prov17's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Live holy as God is holy
  • Posts: 314
  • Thank you received: 296
Regarding the comment of InspiredThinker that the beast in Revelation is the USA, I believe that the beast in Revelation is Rome and that Nero was the antichrist.

I think Carson will be blessed by God. I think that if God is telling him to run, then he should listen to God’s voice, not fellow church members.
Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for? -Leonard Ravenhill
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #42980

  • Godsboy2
  • Godsboy2's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 2
  • Thank you received: 1
I think he shouldn't run because like you said he'll have to give up countless Sabbaths.And I am wanting him to run also because people will like Carson care because he is a famous nerosurgen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #43088

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1419
  • Thank you received: 1208
Prov17 wrote:
InspiredThinker, how are you declaring the word of the Lord as your signature says? I have not seen a single Bible verse on this discussion yet.

John 18:36 tells us that Jesus's Kingdom is not of this world. Running to lead a place of this world, when your convictions tell you that your highest aspiration is to be called a child of God and a citizen of His kingdom is somewhat hypocritical.

Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 15:33 that bad company corrupts good people. On the political stage, this statement is very true.

Paul also tells us that our goal is to appeal to others to be reconciled to God through Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:20)
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stone, bush possum, RT3Gamer

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #43271

  • Skite
  • Skite's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Posts: 1132
  • Thank you received: 604
InspiredThinker wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
InspiredThinker, how are you declaring the word of the Lord as your signature says? I have not seen a single Bible verse on this discussion yet.

John 18:36 tells us that Jesus's Kingdom is not of this world. Running to lead a place of this world, when your convictions tell you that your highest aspiration is to be called a child of God and a citizen of His kingdom is somewhat hypocritical.

Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 15:33 that bad company corrupts good people. On the political stage, this statement is very true.

Paul also tells us that our goal is to appeal to others to be reconciled to God through Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:20)

Oh this is after Prov told you so.

Another thing I'd like to add, is why are you caring or trying to neglect Carson's decisions.

These are his decisions and his life.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex Lee, Prov17, Mp137

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #43272

  • Skite
  • Skite's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Posts: 1132
  • Thank you received: 604
preach2daworld wrote:
I agree, if he becomes president he will give people the wrong idea about Adventists and will think we are unfaithful to our own beliefs. Not only will he break the Sabbath countless times, he will have to, as all politicians in history do, LIE. I know I will not vote for him.

Excuse me, you think that people will understand some characteristics of another people just from one person. It's like saying that if you meet someone from another country, who doesn't have manners, all the people in his country don't have manners. And we all know that this is very wrong, misleading and can lead to huge consequences.

And even If ben messes up, that doesn't mean we can't trust him. We all are sinners. Please take a note of that. But at least we can tolerate that.

How about other presidents that made many mistakes.

I think another problem in this thread, as Inspired Thinker likes to call it, is what if there are guiders who do not know Carson.

As I said before, Who know's what he will do.

Who says that Carson will miss a lot of Sabbath's, well I think he or she should review other stories, of how ADVENTISTS are getting jobs at NON-ADVENTIST companies, and they still rest on the Sabbath.

This is what was on my mind for now. If you don't like it, then it's your opinion, but thats the problem of judging, take note of that we are all sinners.

Thoses who do agree with me, good for them they also have an opinion that they might or might not share with me.

That's probably the thing that drives us forward,

to give opinions.

That was mine. Thanks for reading.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17, Mp137

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #43273

  • Skite
  • Skite's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Posts: 1132
  • Thank you received: 604
InspiredThinker wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
Proverbs 29:2
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan.

I am for Carson as you can see. If Carson wins, then there will be rejoicing. But if another corrupt president is in office, then there will be groaning.

God will bless the efforts of a Christian man. Ben Carson is for the Second Amendment. I agree with what he said here about marriage. “Marriage is between a man and a woman. No group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality, it doesn’t matter what they are. They don't get to change the definition.”
(Carson’s comments drew criticism for using "gays" in the same sentence as pedophiles and practitioners of bestiality. A group of Hopkins students circulated a petition asking that Carson be replaced as the university’s commencement speaker.)

This man sounds like a great man to become president. Get him in office when you can.

It's great that he stands for marriage as it is defined in the Word. But American politics is not pure, and has not been without corruption since the 1820's. Read about it.

Furthermore, as a Seventh-day Adventist who considers himself "devout", has no business claiming that he can fix, or at least make America better.

Seventh-day Adventists interpret the second beast of Revelation 13 to be the United States of America. In Revelation 13, this beast will have the power that the first beast (interpret to be the Holy See) enjoyed. It will use its influence to make people worship the first beast and receive the Mark of the Beast.

According to the views of his church, this country will fall to the Papacy. He is claiming to be able to fix a country his church believes will fall. Either Dr. Carson does not know what his church believes, or he is being dishonest. If we believe he is as devout as he says he is, rationality points to dishonesty.

Carson needs to drop out before someone with a pull much larger than mine points this out.

In your first sentence I wanted to comment this: Of course no politics in the world are not pure, but they are needed to organize large groups of people.

Politics is like us right now right on this thread as you like to call it, sort of like a svage soup, of arguments, opinions, good things, dirty things, money, planning, and the next one i will mention in my second comment, which is planning for the future for a better country.

If you want pure politics, make you own country and before you know it, it will turn bad. And then good, and back and forth. It's really like a road with gravel, then pavment, bumps, and misleading signs.

Hey wait a minute, that sounds like our road, the Christian road, but we are lucky enough to believe in the best Driver.

My second comment is about your second sentence: When you said that he's trying to fix things, you said in a bad way, plus, isn't that what politics is about, moving forward, FIXING problems, building for the future, planning for a better country a better life.

Think about that.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #43274

  • Skite
  • Skite's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Posts: 1132
  • Thank you received: 604
InspiredThinker wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
Is Ellen White God, everybody? No. Read my earlier comment.

What I am saying is that Dr. Carson will have to sacrifice his religious beliefs to fully do his job. National and international crises that require immediate attention will not wait until Saturday sundown to manifest.


People can be inspired and Influenced by Ben Carson's needs as an Adventist, if he does obey the rules.

You see, Inspiration, and Influence are and have been one of the most used tools by God, and the Adventists to proclaim the Gospel.

And what if miracles happen during his presidency?
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #43275

  • Skite
  • Skite's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Posts: 1132
  • Thank you received: 604
InspiredThinker wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
InspiredThinker, how are you declaring the word of the Lord as your signature says? I have not seen a single Bible verse on this discussion yet.

John 18:36 tells us that Jesus's Kingdom is not of this world. Running to lead a place of this world, when your convictions tell you that your highest aspiration is to be called a child of God and a citizen of His kingdom is somewhat hypocritical.

Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 15:33 that bad company corrupts good people. On the political stage, this statement is very true.

Paul also tells us that our goal is to appeal to others to be reconciled to God through Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:20)

Inspired Thinker

Why do we have politics as well in our own Church? Our decisionsabout our church and about doing other things is politics, and Ted Wilson is the president of the whole Adventist World.

You shared in 1 Corinthians 15:33 "Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character."

Well it doesn't only happen in Politics, but is evr more present in our Adventist Schools, not to mention that kids learn their characters there. And sometimes, these characters stay for life.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex Lee

Ben Carson for President 2 years 9 months ago #43289

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1419
  • Thank you received: 1208
Skite wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
InspiredThinker, how are you declaring the word of the Lord as your signature says? I have not seen a single Bible verse on this discussion yet.

John 18:36 tells us that Jesus's Kingdom is not of this world. Running to lead a place of this world, when your convictions tell you that your highest aspiration is to be called a child of God and a citizen of His kingdom is somewhat hypocritical.

Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 15:33 that bad company corrupts good people. On the political stage, this statement is very true.

Paul also tells us that our goal is to appeal to others to be reconciled to God through Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:20)

Inspired Thinker

Why do we have politics as well in our own Church? Our decisionsabout our church and about doing other things is politics, and Ted Wilson is the president of the whole Adventist World.

You shared in 1 Corinthians 15:33 "Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character."

Well it doesn't only happen in Politics, but is evr more present in our Adventist Schools, not to mention that kids learn their characters there. And sometimes, these characters stay for life.

You mentioned politics in the Adventist Church. I'm glad you brought it up.

The structure in the SDAC (Seventh-day Adventist Church) is different from the structure in America. In the church, there is one General Conference, made up of 13 different divisions. Each division is made up of one or more countries.

Divisions are divided into unions, which are regional, and then conferences. Each conference is led by a president, secretary, and treasurer, and then there are department leaders, e.g. Personal Ministries. This format is the same all the way up to the GC, but there are 13 secretaries and a Vice-president. Every group needs structure and leaders. The problem is not that Dr. Carson wants to lead, it's what he wants to lead.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum

Ben Carson for President 2 years 8 months ago #43437

  • Skite
  • Skite's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Posts: 1132
  • Thank you received: 604
InspiredThinker wrote:

You mentioned politics in the Adventist Church. I'm glad you brought it up.

The structure in the SDAC (Seventh-day Adventist Church) is different from the structure in America. In the church, there is one General Conference, made up of 13 different divisions. Each division is made up of one or more countries.

Divisions are divided into unions, which are regional, and then conferences. Each conference is led by a president, secretary, and treasurer, and then there are department leaders, e.g. Personal Ministries. This format is the same all the way up to the GC, but there are 13 secretaries and a Vice-president. Every group needs structure and leaders. The problem is not that Dr. Carson wants to lead, it's what he wants to lead.

Can you mention what he wants to lead? What if he does a good job?

Can you also talk about the way that the American gouvernment works?
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ben Carson for President 2 years 8 months ago #43438

  • Skite
  • Skite's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Posts: 1132
  • Thank you received: 604
Prov17 wrote:
Skite, thank you so much for your help. It's good to know that someone's with me. Thanks again.

~Prov17

No problem, I also thank you for having similar opinions.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17

Ben Carson for President 2 years 8 months ago #43446

  • Preciousabby1116
  • Preciousabby1116's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The most precious book, THE BIBLE
  • Posts: 693
  • Thank you received: 430
Smh after reading all of the comments - so much to say...too much to type


~Abby :cheer: ~
Abby loves you :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ben Carson for President 2 years 8 months ago #43465

  • SdaLegacy
  • SdaLegacy's Avatar
InspiredThinker wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
Proverbs 29:2
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan.

I am for Carson as you can see. If Carson wins, then there will be rejoicing. But if another corrupt president is in office, then there will be groaning.

God will bless the efforts of a Christian man. Ben Carson is for the Second Amendment. I agree with what he said here about marriage. “Marriage is between a man and a woman. No group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality, it doesn’t matter what they are. They don't get to change the definition.”
(Carson’s comments drew criticism for using "gays" in the same sentence as pedophiles and practitioners of bestiality. A group of Hopkins students circulated a petition asking that Carson be replaced as the university’s commencement speaker.)

This man sounds like a great man to become president. Get him in office when you can.

It's great that he stands for marriage as it is defined in the Word. But American politics is not pure, and has not been without corruption since the 1820's. Read about it.

Furthermore, as a Seventh-day Adventist who considers himself "devout", has no business claiming that he can fix, or at least make America better.

Seventh-day Adventists interpret the second beast of Revelation 13 to be the United States of America. In Revelation 13, this beast will have the power that the first beast (interpret to be the Holy See) enjoyed. It will use its influence to make people worship the first beast and receive the Mark of the Beast.

According to the views of his church, this country will fall to the Papacy. He is claiming to be able to fix a country his church believes will fall.Either Dr. Carson does not know what his church believes, or he is being dishonest. If we believe he is as devout as he says he is, rationality points to dishonesty.

Carson needs to drop out before someone with a pull much larger than mine points this out.[/quote

Your statement proves your ignorance of these topics. DO you attempt to take care of the earth? It will be destroyed anyway, your phone, or computer? eventually it will break. Why do your parents feed you? eventually you will die. Even though we know that the US will align itself with the beast in the future, we still need to try to keep it as Godly as possible. Why are we even worrying about this? Ben Carson is as Adventist as all of us, m sure he will ask for God's will to be done. If it is god's will he will be elected. if not then he won't. Also contrary to the public opinion on this site, no he will not be forced to deny his faith. He can keep the Sabbath. It will mean more work on other days but he can do it. He can tell the truth. Jesus was involved in the politics of his day. Did He ever lie? God appoints Godly rulers. In the bible many rulers were appointed by God and that is when the land was peaceful and prosperous. When there is an ungodly ruler s when the country is bad. I just pray God will help Ben Carson stay Godly.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds