Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ideas???

Ideas??? 3 years 2 months ago #40465

• Queen
  • Thank you received: 8
Hey guys!
Tonight I just came from family worship, where our study was about being "doers" and not just "hearers" of God's Word. That really struck me between the eyes, because even though I've done some stuff, I haven't done enough. Sure, I helped hand out literature to people in the ROAR program at Oshkosh (an outreach program), and I've tossed literature into cars with open windows (yes, that was me. shhh, don't tell...). But I feel like I should be doing more.
I have an idea though. But it's just another clever way to hand out literature without actually talking to people. I'm doing mission work next summer, because I'll be old enough to go on a teen trip (I'll be fifteen). But I want to do something now.
The thing is, I want to do something that is...like...something that goes along with the verse that tells us not to let our right hand know what our left hand is doing. In other words, I want to do something without my parents knowing (if possible) because I don't want it to be a big deal, you know? I want it to be between me and God. And my sister, because I'm gonna need her help for whatever I'm doing.
Soo...the reason I'm telling you guys all this is because I want your suggestions! What do you think my sister and I could do around our neighborhood that will be spreading the Gospel, without us making it a big deal? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
By the way...you guys can do it too. If any of my little speech has touched you, or if you want to be a "doer", or if any suggestions spark your interest, jump on it! :) The more the merrier!
I am a Russian spy... Lol I'm kidding. Maybe...
Yeah I'm not. I'd probably get in trouble if I was.
I'm not even Russian.
Well.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: music20000, sunnyside1

Ideas??? 2 years 10 months ago #42736

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 415
I would get some tracts and put them on people's doors. I would suggest stuff describing what happens when you die. Or you could make tracts or cards for the same reason. It sounds like fun!!!
Sometimes we worry,
Sometimes we fret.
Sometimes we feel like
We can't move a step.

But God is still with us.
Keep Him in mind.
Trust in Him alway.
He is ever so kind.

Ideas??? 2 years 10 months ago #42756

• music20000
  • It dosn't get better than twins ;)
  • Thank you received: 28
personal, I have had the same problem. For me, I like to start with small stuff (like witnessing to my friend) but I love how you are going to a mission trip :lol: :woohoo:
“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds