Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: End-time Depression

End-time Depression 3 years 8 months ago #37259

Is it just me or does it seem like some people go really overboard with end-time events? Not only is too much talk of it depressing, what hope is it giving us for the future? If I wanted to be a photographer why should I even try pusueing my dreams if I'm just gonna get killed cause of my faith?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PilotGamer1933, Pyrrhic

Re: End-time Depression 3 years 8 months ago #37307

• groovy
  • Thank you received: 6
It's sad when people focus on the time of trouble instead of Jesus coming again. It's like saying, I hope we don't go to the beach today because I hate to get sand in my shoes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PilotGamer1933, *bjc4christ*, Going4God, goodhumorguy1, fancy_jenns, Pyrrhic

Re: End-time Depression 3 years 8 months ago #37313

• Big al
  • I just Love being Me and Hearts
  • Thank you received: 225
Of course you should continue to pursue your dreams maybe as a photographer you will send images to advent message or illustrate a book about God that is witnessing so of course that is what God wants us to do that id my opinion at least :)
p.s I love the beach Evan the sand in my toes
great example by the way
Too many years trying not to rock the boat
I gotta quote, "I don't wanna rock the boat, I wanna sink it"
Ima just do it

KB. Ima Just Do It
The following user(s) said Thank You: goodhumorguy1

Re: End-time Depression 3 years 8 months ago #37320

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3078
to answer your last question:

Matthew 10:39
He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Mark 8:35
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Luke 9:24
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Luke 17:33
Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

John 12:25
He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Jesus is coming way sooner than we all think (before 2031 in fact) and it's important for us to understand and remember that there will be a time of trouble for God's people. I recently learned that this is our "punishment" for not obeying God when he told us to spread the gospel. but the punishment we will receive will feel like a light tap on the hand compared to what the wicked and unrighteous will receive. The hope that we have for our future is the that JESUS our Lord and Savior is COMING to get us out of this pit of darkness that we got trapped in. doesn't that sound amazing!!!!???? now go, fellow believer, take pictures and show God's love to everyone you know.

Revelation 22:12
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, goodhumorguy1, fancy_jenns

Re: End-time Depression 3 years 8 months ago #37332

I agree with groovy and let me give you a little piece of advice one of my brothers teachers at ARISE gave his class "live each day as though Jesus was coming that day, plan your life as though he was not coming for 60 years"
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The following user(s) said Thank You: goodhumorguy1, fancy_jenns

Re: End-time Depression 3 years 7 months ago #38395

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1236
Quirky wrote:

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Jesus is coming way sooner than we all think (before 2031 in fact) and it's important for us to understand and remember that there will be a time of trouble for God's people. I recently learned that this is our "punishment" for not obeying God when he told us to spread the gospel. but the punishment we will receive will feel like a light tap on the hand compared to what the wicked and unrighteous will receive. The hope that we have for our future is the that JESUS our Lord and Savior is COMING to get us out of this pit of darkness that we got trapped in. doesn't that sound amazing!!!!???? now go, fellow believer, take pictures and show God's love to everyone you know.

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Where did you hear that? The first reference to the Time of Trouble is in the book of Daniel.

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time, and at that time thy people shall be delivered; every one that shall be found written in the book
(Daniel 12:1).

The plagues are to punish the wicked, but as the Hebrews were protected from the plagues in Egypt, we will be protected.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter

End-time Depression 3 years 7 months ago #38423

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
i'm not saying that Christ's followers will have to take part in the plagues, those are reserved for the wicked. but we are going to have to be punished for our unfaithfulness to God. I don't have scripture or anything to back it up right now but I'll get it to you soon. :cheer:

End-time Depression 3 years 2 months ago #41022

• *bjc4christ*
  • God first
  • Thank you received: 98
*To Goodhumorguy*
How can you endure Gods glory if you can't endure His pain?
'THE BIBLE IS AN ANVIL THAT HAS WORN OUT MANY HAMMERS'...EARLY REFORMER OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH...*
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, goodhumorguy1

End-time Depression 11 months 3 weeks ago #65735

I think the main problem is that people constantly talk about all the signs and how we will be persecuted, i think we should really focus more on the good things that will happen. Honestly, I'd rather die before the persecution starts because of how much it is talked about. It's scary! And i also think jesus could come possibly around 2030, although maybe it'll be another 200 years seeing how much time there is between the signs.
You just wasted your time reading this meaningless signature...

Re: End-time Depression 11 months 2 weeks ago #65834

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 425
Quirky wrote:

Wait, before 2031? Where'd you hear that? I wanna get my facts straight here :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: the_adorbs

Re: End-time Depression 11 months 1 week ago #66088

• Blue Tornado
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 828
sunnyside1 wrote:
Quirky wrote:

I don't even think we'll last until 2020 tbh

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: rip
Roblox: BlueTorn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Re: End-time Depression 11 months 1 week ago #66179

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
sunnyside1 wrote:
Quirky wrote:

It was a bible study that we did with some friends a while ago. Idk if I could relate everything from memory

Re: End-time Depression 3 months 2 weeks ago #84325

Never make a prediction for Christ's return. Remember, 1844. No one knows the day nor hour.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwesi, horsegirl04, Stverno

Re: End-time Depression 3 months 2 weeks ago #84326

Concerning the end-times, we should be focusing on what we can do right now to make sure as many people as possible here the Gospel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Kwesi, horsegirl04

End-time Depression 3 months 1 week ago #84342

@ComeLetUsReason,

very true--don't predict when He will return. SOme people are saying that Jesus will come on September 23 this year. SOmething to do with a constellation of a woman, the moon at her feet, 12 stars for a crown, etc. They are saying that it will line up with what is in Revelation 12.

~MK

End-time Depression 3 months 1 week ago #84388

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 545
missionarykid wrote:
@ComeLetUsReason,

very true--don't predict when He will return. SOme people are saying that Jesus will come on September 23 this year. SOmething to do with a constellation of a woman, the moon at her feet, 12 stars for a crown, etc. They are saying that it will line up with what is in Revelation 12.

~MK
Who's saying that?
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

End-time Depression 3 months 1 week ago #84389

• Stverno
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Thank you received: 991
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
@ComeLetUsReason,

~MK
Who's saying that?

Some people.

Weren't you reading properly?

Yeesh.

:P

NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid

End-time Depression 3 months 1 week ago #84410

Stverno wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
@ComeLetUsReason,

~MK
Who's saying that?

Some people.

Weren't you reading properly?

Yeesh.

:P
Who taught your brother to read? Hmm..

people thought the world would end on Sept. 23, 2015 too...

THEY EVEN HAVE A WIKIPEDIA PAGE

answersingenesis.org/astronomy/stars/wha...n-september-23-2017/
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds