Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: being baptised and frightened!

being baptised and frightened! 3 years 8 months ago #36741

Hey my name is Allison. I am going to get baptised on my 13th birthday in 1 month. But the bad thing is that our church is a academy church. And there are a lot of people there. And to make it worse, it is graduation weekend! It is going to be packed! I am VERY STAGE FRIGHT! PLEASE HELP ME! :(
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: being baptised and frightened! 3 years 8 months ago #36786

• jesusROCKS1234
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #bluelivesmatter #IDontKneel
  • Thank you received: 166
Alright just breath. I'm going to be baptized soon too and im nervous cause its a academy church too! But everything is going to be alright, it wont be long. I don't know how they do it at your church but at mine they make you go up front, they read you those things that you have to swear you wont do in the future(ex:drugs,alcohol) and then you go back, get changed, get baptized, and then its over! Just pray that good will calm you and that you will not be afriad.
#bluelivesmatter #Idontkneel
The following user(s) said Thank You: woodsgirl

Re: being baptised and frightened! 3 years 8 months ago #36819

• Kaid3rd
  • Thank you received: 60
can i ask, what is an academy church?

Re: being baptised and frightened! 3 years 8 months ago #36882

• woodsgirl
  • God first. Family & Friends second. Horses Third.
  • Thank you received: 15
HowdyPart of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Why would you be afraid? Remember you are showing that you love God, you should not think of what others are thinking of. God will be with you no matter what. "The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1 is a verse that I repeat when I am afraid you sould too.
Keep in mind that you could lead others to God because they might also be afraid to be baptized and you could show them that It is not that bad. Also when I was being baptized I did not once think of the people I only thought of God. :)

Tell me how it went after I am excited that you are getting baptized!!!!! :woohoo:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
My Happy Place is in the Barn and on the trails with my fav horse Cochise

Re: being baptised and frightened! 3 years 7 months ago #36949

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
Here's something that helps me: PRAY! Just keep praying and also, forget that ther are people there and just focus on the moment and your decision. I know... it's not as easy as it sounds, but I was baptized at summer camp and yes, but I was nervous, but God helped me handle it!
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: being baptised and frightened! 3 years 7 months ago #37311

I was scared before I got baptized too, but once your up there you won't even notice people because you'll be focused on God. Trust me.... When I first went in the baptism pool thingy I was sooooo scared, but when I got out I couldn't stop crying because I was so happy :) I felt as light as feather. I was crying so hard I couldn't stand up straight but if I could I felt like I could fly.
Good luck!! Let me know how it turns out :)

Goodhumorguy1
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds