Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Drum Roll Please

Drum Roll Please 3 years 8 months ago #36399

• lonefly101
  • Thank you received: 5
I was playing my drums today and I was thinking of getting ready for church and then I was thinking back to the topic of the drums being played at church. I was thinking about its the way the drummers play the drums, but that's not the case. the thing is that maybe some people think the drums are pleasant while some people think the drums are noisy. and guess what the children don't have a problem with the drums because they like it and they don't really don't understand what reverence is but on the other hand some others don't think its to be played at church. and the point im trying to get at is that everyone is different, everyone has there own opinion.

and talking about opinions if you have something to say that I probably left out please be free to tell me
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: *bjc4christ*, Prov17

Re: Drum Roll Please 3 years 8 months ago #36427

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
I don't know if this is true, but I've heard that guitars weren't allowed to be played in church for a while. (I just heard a rumor about that, I don't have back up sources)

Drums in the church? I personally feel like it kind of breaks reverence. I personally love beat and want to some day learn drums, but drums in the calm SDA church services just doesn't seem... normal. A little beat like the guitar drum thing once in a while is OK to me, but not full out drumming sessions.

This is just my opinion. Everyone thinks differently.

ONe more thing: It kind of depends on the audience and the congregation. At camp we have a kahone (or however you spell it. It's that box drum thingy majig) and you can hear it, but it doesn't take over the tune. The more yougn congregation likes a little beat. The older folks (is that a nice way to put it?) generally don't like that.

:)
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: Drum Roll Please 3 years 8 months ago #36474

• *bjc4christ*
  • God first
  • Thank you received: 98
this isn't something you left out but rather something you should know...when it comes to that subject(concerning the church especially)then God should have the first and last say....so instead of looking at everyone else's opinion, look at Gods first...He's is the best ;)
'THE BIBLE IS AN ANVIL THAT HAS WORN OUT MANY HAMMERS'...EARLY REFORMER OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH...*
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big al, Joy

Drum Roll Please 3 years 4 months ago #39275

• Razena
  • NOW ONLINE
  • 8razy8 EDRJam: razena
  • Thank you received: 84
You know, maybe poeple dont like the beating of drums because their not in the mood for loud noise. So maybe it depends on the attitude. Like me. Sometimes when my brother is singing and I tell him to please stop, its becuase Im not in the mood to sing or hear singing. Like my dad always says, it depends on the mood
When it rains, look for rainbows. When it's dark, look for stars.

Re: Drum Roll Please 3 years 3 months ago #40294

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
Wow I replied quite harshly to this 5 months ago... let me tone myself down: I believe that a full blown drum set isn't good in the church that I go to. Even a kahone is kinda pushing it... but different churches are different. If the beat doesn't (1) take away from God (2) distract the church from the reason they are singing or (3) overpower the voices and instruments, depending upon the church and the leaders it might be ok, but let God discern that :)
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Drum Roll Please 3 years 3 months ago #40311

• Big al
  • I just Love being Me and Hearts
  • Thank you received: 225
I think that everything Can be used to praise God I like the drums in the church service but then again Everything in Moderation But listen to God first
Too many years trying not to rock the boat
I gotta quote, "I don't wanna rock the boat, I wanna sink it"
Ima just do it

KB. Ima Just Do It
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17

Drum Roll Please 3 years 4 days ago #41861

• Benjam0nd0
  • Thank you received: 6
well back in the day, violins were regarded as secular..so in 20 odd years goodness knows where drums will be
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds