Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Music

Music 4 years 1 month ago #32252

• mounty5
  • Thank you received: 27
Our church has a problem with rock music. Rock music ruins our brain. What do you guys think about rock music?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Music 4 years 1 month ago #32312

• mknz12
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Just another one of God's many beloved daughters!
  • Thank you received: 264
As long as the words aren't innapropriate and if your in church and it's Christian rock , there is nothing wrong with rock music
////////////////////////////////////////

You keep me steady when the sky is falling
And I'll keep steady after You,
I'll carry on when my strength is failing
Take heart cause You're with me
So let the stars drop,
Whatever comes I'll be ready
You keep me steady

~for KING & COUNTRY, Steady

Re: Music 4 years 1 month ago #32356

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 415
I hate it but that's me.
Sometimes we worry,
Sometimes we fret.
Sometimes we feel like
We can't move a step.

But God is still with us.
Keep Him in mind.
Trust in Him alway.
He is ever so kind.

The following user(s) said Thank You: macboy10, Quirky

Re: Music 4 years 1 month ago #32380

Rock isn't to bad.

Wait.... YOUR SINGING THAT IN CHURCH???!!!??? :blink:
Amelia G.

Re: Music 4 years 1 month ago #32390

• joshie
  • Thank you received: 2
I say rock music is terrible!
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by rfishell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jon01, *bjc4christ*

Re: Music 4 years 1 month ago #32425

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2975
rock music and other loud "boom cha" sounds cause deppression. it does something to your frontal lobe. i watched it on this youtube thing. its called "Deppression and its Causes (It is Written with John Bradshaw" if you want to look it up. :P :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mounty5, Mercylove, jon01

Re: Music 4 years 1 month ago #32438

• kenny
  • Thank you received: 1
its funny to me but yh you can't have rock in church thats awful.

Re: Music 4 years 1 month ago #32462

"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The following user(s) said Thank You: *bjc4christ*

Re: Music 4 years 1 month ago #32590

• mounty5
  • Thank you received: 27
mknz, it is not the words that ruin our brain, it is the beat and rhythm. I learned that from a CD about Christian Berdahl. I totally disagree. When the beat gets in our mind. We can't get it out and it literally DESTROYS our frontal lobe. Trust me. Not the words, mostly, but the rhythm. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Mercylove, nattygirl, fancy_jenns

Re: Music 4 years 1 month ago #32684

• Mercylove
  • October 16th I'll remember forever.
  • Thank you received: 186
Lol Christian Berdahl goes to my church!! XD :D I think rock is bad...
Blessed Assurance! Jesus is mine!
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Mercylove.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mounty5, nattygirl, *bjc4christ*

Re: Music 3 years 11 months ago #34046

• *bjc4christ*
  • God first
  • Thank you received: 98
Rock music is used in the world, outside the church...we are a peculiar people that God has blessed, we are way different from the world and God has given us a different job from the rest of the world so why do you want to bring worldly things into the church in any case...that's my opinion...:) :)...
'THE BIBLE IS AN ANVIL THAT HAS WORN OUT MANY HAMMERS'...EARLY REFORMER OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH...*
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, jon01

Re: Music 3 years 10 months ago #34528

• kenny
  • Thank you received: 1
I would love to meet Christian berdahl n yh he also said rock isn't appropriate for Christians B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mercylove

Re: Music 3 years 10 months ago #34545

• cynthia200
  • Thank you received: 271
Well, I agree that rock music is not at all appropriate for church... But I LOVE IMAGINE DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!
~Cynthia~ :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Myles80

Re: Music 3 years 10 months ago #34599

• Going4God
  • Thank you received: 242
Sometimes my church has that problem too :( But we're supposed to enter God's house in holiness and reverence. Someone told me that Catholics are extremely reverent at church. Funny how we Adventists have a harder time with that...
you are beautiful.
you are worth it.
you are amazing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cynthia200, Myles80, Quirky

Re: Music 3 years 10 months ago #34732

I guess it depends! If you mean using christian rock music for worship, then I dont think it should be in church. But, if you mean christian rock music in general then yes i love artists like jeremy camp, toby mac, and many more! :lol:

Re: Music 3 years 9 months ago #35687

I think it is a little weird to be singing that in church, but is shouldn't be that big of a problem.
Amelia G.

Re: Music 3 years 8 months ago #36433

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
it's true. Rock music DOES wreck your brain.

(This proves to be one of my longest posts yet. Compiling and writing it was very fun! I'll have to do this more often!)

"It is similar for lifeless things that make a sound, like a flute or harp. Unless they make a distinction in the notes, how can what is played on the flute or harp be understood? If, for example, the trumpet makes an unclear sound, who will get ready for battle? It is the same for you. If you do not speak clearly with your tongue, how will anyone know what is being said? For you will be speaking into the air. There are probably many kinds of languages in the world, and none is without meaning. If then I do not know the meaning of a language, I will be a foreigner to the speaker and the speaker a foreigner to me. It is the same with you. Since you are eager for manifestations of the Spirit, seek to abound in order to strengthen the church." -1 Corinthians 14:7-11 (NET)

I like what it says there towards the beginning of this Biblical passage: "It is similar for lifeless things that make a sound, like a flute or harp. Unless they make a distinction in the notes how can what is played on the flute or harp be understood?" If the music that we make doesn't make any sense, what good will it do for anyone to listen to it? With most rock music, people who listen to it just get a beat, no lyrics or meaningful sounds. What good does it do for them? None, it actually can do bad things to them. But if you listen to Christian, classic, or music with less beat and more instruments and more meaningful lyrics, it can help you either to concentrate or to draw closer to God depending upon the type of music.

"As every teacher knows, it is one thing to impart information; it’s quite another for students to absorb it, process it, and be able to regurgitate it. New research suggests educators can help this to occur by turning to some old friends: Beethoven, Bach, and Tchaikovsky..." says writer Tom Jacobs of psmag.com.

"The reasons for this aren’t entirely clear. Recent research suggests emotion plays an important role in learning. Perhaps, like the soundtrack to a movie, the background music put the students in a heightened emotional state, making them more receptive to the information being presented..." Jacobs says later in his article. (To read the full article, go to www.psmag.com/culture/for-better-grades-...he-background-38573/)

Classical music helps a person concentrate. Compare this research study to the one done on rock music.

"Put simply, the study took four sets of readings over a two week period, from 10 subjects (7 men and 3 women, a group whose average age was 36). Having not eaten anything overnight (or listened to music for a fortnight), the volunteers were each given a test of blood-flow through the endothelium, a vessel in the upper arm which can regulate blood flow and affect blood thickening. Then they were exposed to music, with dramatic results.
Two of the subjects exploded on the spot, and a further three developed what can only be described as a 'wobbly patch' on the front of their skulls.
Only kidding. The results are a little less dramatic than that. The first set were taken while the subjects listened to music they found to be joyful. The second were taken while listening to calming ambient-type music, then a third set were taken while they listened to music which made them "anxious".

On average, the diameter of the endothelium expanded by 26% when joyful music was played (that's a good thing), but contracted by 6% on contact with anxious music..." the writer, Fraser McAlpine, stated in a blog post from BBC. (To read the full article, go to www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/chartblog/fraser_mcalpine/)
Samuele Bacchiocchi says in Chapter 5 of the book THE CHRISTIAN AND ROCK MUSIC: A STUDY OF BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES OF MUSIC that "Rock music affects not only the physical but also the mental processes of the body. Before mentioning a few significant studies on the mental effects of the rock beat, let me share a personal experience. I was invited to speak at a church where a rock band led out in the singing of the beloved hymn "Amazing Grace" with a heavy rock beat. It was not long before the whole congregation was in a swinging, dancing mood. The rock beat had caused the people to forget that the original mood and message of the song invites us not to dance for fun, but to contemplate God’s amazing grace: 'I once was lost but now I am found, Was blind, but now I see.'" (To read Chapter 5 of THE CHRISTIAN AND ROCK MUSIC: A STUDY OF BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES OF MUSIC , go to www.biblicalperspectives.com/rockbook/CH_05_ROCK_RHYTHM.html)

Too much beat takes away from the song. As Bacchiocchi says in this paragraph, if you take the well-loved song by John Newton, "Amazing Grace," and add a ton of beat, the crowd starts getting lost in the beat and forgetting the words. You can wreck a perfectly good song by adding over-dramatic beat.

Am I saying that you always have to have only piano music and instrumental music or Christian music with no beat? Absolutely not. I, personally, like some beat. I don't mean like BANG BANG BANG so that I can't hear the lyrics. I mean like beat and rhythm that enhances the music, not that makes me focus on the beat, but that gives the music life and joy, that makes me listen CLOSER to the lyrics. Different people have different opinions on how rocky music should be, and that is OK. It is up to each person to decide their limit in music, just know that metal and hard rock, even just rock can be bad for you physically and mentally.
-article compiled and written by Hannah
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: Music 3 years 7 months ago #37191

I like christian rock. :lol:

Music 3 years 6 months ago #38382

rock ruins the atmosphere in the church because the beat, groove etc takes away our focus from God
hope that helps

PS look at ellen g white's writings to see what she says about it

Music 3 years 2 months ago #40903

• jesusROCKS1234
  • #bluelivesmatter #IDontKneel
  • Thank you received: 166
I hate christaian rock but I love normal rock
#bluelivesmatter #Idontkneel
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds