Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Drums.. accceptable or not

Drums.. accceptable or not 5 years 6 months ago #2526

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
Drum should we have them in church- my opinion is that they aren't bad. it's only the way they are played that is bad- if they are there just to add to the music and not overpower it they're good.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Drums.. accceptable or not 5 years 6 months ago #2532

• Daze
  • In posts I am a Supercentenarian
  • Thank you received: 302
Nothing is wrong with drums in church just the association Eg: Jazz used to have bad association with clubs wild parties and all the like, so back then instruments like the saxophone were declared by the church manual as an inappropriate for church. But now Jazz doesn't have that so large association with worldliness now so it is allowed, drum sadly still have that association such as with: scremo music, rock bands, and heavy drinking and partying. So it isn't encouraged to be played in many churches, but of course not all.
The law of God, enshrined within the ark, was the great rule of righteousness and judgment. That law pronounced death upon the transgressor; but above the law was the mercy seat, upon which the presence of God was revealed, and from which, by virtue of the atonement, pardon was granted to the...
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13, Gogirl, InspiredThinker, tim33, DaughterOfGod13

Re: Drums.. accceptable or not 5 years 6 months ago #2716

• jreteenmom
  • Thank you received: 338
I enjoy all styles of music. Whether a classical piece, a hymn, traditional gospel, contemporary gospel, anthems, etc. I love music that praises God. Some of these styles of music require, or at least sound a lot better, with drums. They are a pleasant part of the worship service in our church.
Dr. C

Re: Drums.. accceptable or not 5 years 6 months ago #2748

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
Nathan Brown came to our Youth Group last night. (Nathan Brown is the book editor for the church in Australia) and he said that he thinks no music type is bad in and of itself and that C. S. Lewis wrote that the most important type of music is the music you don't like because then you have the opportunaty to show grace to those people who do like it. I got a lot out of that anyway.

Re: Drums.. accceptable or not 5 years 5 months ago #3075

• Zara
  • Thank you received: 1
They create a rhythm that makes people start moving to the beat then they can't focus on god but on the drums

Re: Drums.. accceptable or not 5 years 3 weeks ago #13025

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1213
It's not the drum, its the drummer. If you remember, Miriam, sister of Moses, led out in praise using a tambourine, a drum that has small cymbals attached. but drums could also be used to signal a battle. So it's not the drum itself, but the drummer playing it.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter

Re: Drums.. accceptable or not 4 years 1 month ago #32808

• lonefly101
  • Thank you received: 5
I love the drums and I also play the drums, but the way people play the drums in the church is the problem. the congregation is drawing there attention away from the program. it's not the drummer's fault it's the rhythm.
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds