Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Being active in the church

Being active in the church 4 years 7 months ago #24412

• bibolosa
  • Thank you received: 3
My church isn't very active with activities for the youth. They tell us to help out but although that is very nice and helpful to them it isn't exactly the funnest thing to be doing. Although we like helping out.I need ideas to do fun activities for the youth that would get them interested and activities that would be fun even for adults. I am craving some fun times in the church. If you have any ideas for me, I would <3 to hear them!
Lily:)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Being active in the church 4 years 7 months ago #24425

• fillylove
  • Thank you received: 93
well one way to get teens interested, is to have a pool party, you could make it open just to your teen sabbath school, or to whole families, depending what you think your church and the teens would like, although for that you have to have, or know someone with a pool. Another idea is to have game nights, or vespers, so on a friday night you would start it before sundown, play games and stuff then at sundown have vespers, or on a sabbath night you would do the opposite, start with vespers before sundown, then do games after sundown, for that you could either do it in someones house or at the church. You could also organize outings like canoeing or kayaking, or lake trips in the summer. Pretty much it depends what you have access to and what the teens and adults of your church like to do.
Katie

Re: Being active in the church 4 years 7 months ago #24596

• bibolosa
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks for the tips and advice!
Lily:)

Re: Being active in the church 4 years 6 months ago #25808

well our church does Adventist Youth programs. :silly: like fillylove said, you could have movie nights and stuff. just make sure the movie is a good, Christian one B) at my church we LOVE to do lock-ins :woohoo: a lock-in is basically a sleepover in the church :cheer: the ages at our church our 11+, but it could really be any age you want :lol: so ya, whatever works for your church!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)
"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."--1 Timothy 4:12
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds