Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday?

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 8 months ago #22575

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 343
I think Saturday is the right day to go to church...
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 3 years 10 months ago #35044

• Skite
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Thank you received: 604
Its not the correct date to worship God. And its more like worshipping the sun instead. Get it? SUNday.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mercylove, Alex Lee

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 3 years 10 months ago #35178

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2978
@skite, Saturday was used for worshiping Saturn. Get it? Satur(n)day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delightful, Bree_Gods_Girl

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 3 years 10 months ago #35224

I am seventh-day adventist.. and iI don't necessarily think anything is wrong with Going to CHURCH on Sunday... (considering that that We SHOULD BE WORSHIPPING GOD EVERYDAY... however, some Sunday churches teach different messages than the Sda churches and sometimes from the bible.. however keeping the sabbath is what we need to do (as said in exodus 20) ...

And about the seventh day and calenders start on monday.. God knows our intentions and thoughts.. and he is a just God. :side:
And idk bout that saturn thing.... Sabbath/ SATURDAY IS GODS DAY

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 3 years 10 months ago #35228

• Birdie500
  • No one understands my love for that horse smell...
  • Thank you received: 311
I believe that Saturday is the Sabbath. In the bible it says that the seventh day is the Sabbath. Well the seventh day is Saturday. Also in the bible God said to rest on the Sabbath. Well when God died he died on the Friday, 'rested' on the Saturday and rose up on Sunday. I hope that helps. :oops:
To ride on a horse is to fly without wings. XD
In my life, be lifted high
In our world, be lifted high
In our love, be lifted high
Random lyrics in my signature cause I'm weird XD
----Channy----

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 3 years 10 months ago #35277

• Bribree
  • Thank you received: 158
Godslittlegirl wrote:

Not for us...
;) GOD ♡ U ...... I ♡ U
;)~Bribree~ ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, trio3, Mercylove

Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 2 years 10 months ago #42871

• Prov17
  • Live holy as God is holy
  • Thank you received: 296
I asked my dad on this subject and he said that the early church met on the first day of the week to worship God. That's Sunday. The reason is that Jesus rose on a Sunday (Easter Sunday). Someone here said that God specifically said to worship Him on Saturday. No He didn't. God said to rest. God also said to not work that day. Driving to church is work.

It's nice to have a dad to ask about theological things. :)
Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for? -Leonard Ravenhill

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 2 years 10 months ago #42873

• Prov17
  • Live holy as God is holy
  • Thank you received: 296
Bree_Gods_Girl wrote:
@Gagoh- First of all Saturday wasn't it's original name it's original name was Sabbath but it was changed for "religious" purposes. Sunday has always been the first day of the week, it is only being changed recently. And in spanish the names do not vary "Sabado(Saturday) is Sabado(Sabbath) Lastly, the name itself (Sunday) indicates that it is NOT the day of God, it is the day of the sun.

Hope that helps you clear up ^^

Good Luck and God bless!
How do you know that? I just looked it up and Sunday was named after the sun. That means it's evil? The Russian meaning is Resurrection. Jesus rose on Sunday.
Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for? -Leonard Ravenhill

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 2 years 9 months ago #43442

• Skite
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Thank you received: 604
Quirky wrote:

Quirky, thats why we also use the term Sabbath, but its highly probable that the sun was a higher being then saturn, but good observation though! ;) ;) ;)
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, trio3

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 2 years 9 months ago #43472

• jon01
  • Thank you received: 42
@ moderators, why did my comments not get posted???

Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 2 years 9 months ago #43904

There is nothing wrong with going to church on Sunday if you keep the Sabbath holy. I'll admit not all of Ellen White's beliefs weren't based on the bible alone but that Sabbath is not one of those. Ellen White read between the line of the bible unlike the the Catholic church who based more knowledge on the pope's and greek's beliefs (who were pagan) over the bible.

Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 2 years 9 months ago #43969

• Blue Tornado
  • Happy birthday, TravelPastel!!!
  • Thank you received: 806
No, Ellen White said that during persecution, there would be Christians going to church on Sunday, and it's fine. It is not a sin to go to church to worship God on Sunday. In fact, we should worship God every day. He is the Creator of the universe, He should get some respect all the time. It IS a sin, however, when you do not worship on Saturday. That is breaking the fourth commandment in Exodus 20:8-11, and it is wrong. In my opinion, you may go to church on Sunday so long as you also keep Saturday holy.

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn

Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 2 years 8 months ago #44674

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2978
Are we really suppose to worship God everyday? I don't mean this like, "Aw man, everyday???" but like, what does worship really mean?

There's no problem with going to church on Sunday. Going to church doesn't necessarily constitute worship. Its what you do at church, how you worship, and who you worship, that matters. If you're going to church on Sunday for a prayer meeting or a bible study, then by all means go. But if its a sign that you are putting aside the 4th commandment and treating Sunday as holy, that's when it becomes a problem.

Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 2 years 8 months ago #44698

• trio3
  • I'm...a baby? o_O
  • Thank you received: 577
No. Just don't keep Sunday HOLY. Definition of Holy: Hallowed; consecrated or set apart to a sacred use, or to the service or worship of God (Merriam Webster's Dictionary 1828 Edition)

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work. But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Life will always end in closure; unless, of course, it doesn't.

-Unknown

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies

Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 2 years 8 months ago #44723

Yes, god said that the seventh day is the only day to go to church and worship him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: #JesusKnowsMeThisILove

Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 2 years 8 months ago #44837

• Birdie500
  • No one understands my love for that horse smell...
  • Thank you received: 311
My opinion is that you can go to church like...any day of the week, even if you are a SDA but you have to always keep the seventh day holier then the rest
To ride on a horse is to fly without wings. XD
In my life, be lifted high
In our world, be lifted high
In our love, be lifted high
Random lyrics in my signature cause I'm weird XD
----Channy----

Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 2 years 5 months ago #47782

God specifically said in the TEN COMMANDMENTS thou shalt keep the seventh day holy! And the seventh day is...................... SATURDAY!!!
God told us to do it. Do it! Why are you even hesitating about this! God says something to us and we should do what he asks of us. So i say no Sunday is not good.

Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 2 years 4 months ago #48110

• Mp137
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
It is perfectly ok to go to church on Sunday. Now don't jump all over me!! Let me finish....... It is ok to go on Sunday, as long as you still observe the Sabbath on Saturday. That's what I think.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 2 years 4 months ago #48232

• Delightful
  • Thank you received: 120
Nope, there's nothing wrong with going to church on Sunday (or Monday, or Tuesday, etc). Most prayer meetings are on Wednesday, and that's still going to church, right?

As long as you keep the seventh day (Saturday) holy by focusing 100% on God, you are honoring the Sabbath; that is what makes it different from any other day of the week. My family (raised Adventist) has gone to church on Sunday multiple times when our non-Adventist frends visit or when we visit them. I think a lot of born-Adventists would be surprised as to how much other Christians love God and want to genuinely follow the Bible!
Have you ever gone to church on Sunday, or were you curious? I know I have thought a lot about Sunday worship as well ;)
Psalm 73:28 ♡
Christ is Enough for Me
Colossians 3:15-17✝
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, QuazaWizard941

Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 2 years 4 months ago #48350

• Mp137
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
Prov17 wrote:
I asked my dad on this subject and he said that the early church met on the first day of the week to worship God. That's Sunday. The reason is that Jesus rose on a Sunday (Easter Sunday). Someone here said that God specifically said to worship Him on Saturday. No He didn't. God said to rest. God also said to not work that day. Driving to church is work.

It's nice to have a dad to ask about theological things. :)

Where did Hod say to worship Him on Sunday? Besides, God said to rest on the seventh day and keep it holy. Besides, Jesus observed the Sabbath as a time specific for worshiping God.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 1 year 10 months ago #54331

• jon01
  • Thank you received: 42
@ prov 17, ask your dad where in the bible is the command to keep holy the day of Jesus' resurrection

Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 1 year 9 months ago #54882

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 415
Well, from an SDA point of view...

Ellen White wrote in 9 Testimonies 232, 233, "Whenever it is possible let religious services be held on Sunday. Make these meetings intensely interesting. Sing genuine revival hymns, and speak with power and assurance of the Savior's love."

I got that out of Last Day Events, a compilation of EGW's writings, and that part of the chapter was stressing that it was ok to "rest" on Sunday. That Sunday was to be a day to work in the mission work. "Rest" does not mean to reverence Sunday like the Sabbath but if your activities will draw someone closer to God then go ahead. But keep on your guard!!!!!

Ok so maybe that's not answering the immediate question of going to church on Sunday but it might help. :)
Sometimes we worry,
Sometimes we fret.
Sometimes we feel like
We can't move a step.

But God is still with us.
Keep Him in mind.
Trust in Him alway.
He is ever so kind.

Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 1 year 9 months ago #55682

• maplesyruphotel9
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Thank you received: 131
yeah there is because the 4th commandment says we need to keep the seventh day holy (which is saturday) and if we go to church on sunday were pretty much breaking God's commandment.. so ya thats all i have to say
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3

BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: SushiCat (My friend and I's channel)

Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 1 year 8 months ago #56633

• QuazaWizard941
  • I love music!
  • Thank you received: 62
Blue Tornado, can you please give the reference where you said Ellen White said that it was OK to go to church on Sunday?

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 1 year 6 months ago #57901

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 415
Quirky wrote:

It was God's day first.
Sometimes we worry,
Sometimes we fret.
Sometimes we feel like
We can't move a step.

But God is still with us.
Keep Him in mind.
Trust in Him alway.
He is ever so kind.

The following user(s) said Thank You: im a beekeeper
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds