Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday?

Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #20733

• GAGOH
  • Thank you received: 14
Just wondering.. Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #20750

• Gogirl
  • Hi you guys!
  • Thank you received: 185
Yes, God said not to keep any other day holy, only the Sabbath day. Here is a verse from the bible to prove it, Exodus 20:8-10. Also Jesus only went to the synagogue to teach on the Sabbath ( John 18:20 ) It is ok to go into the sunday church to see what's happening to set a good example, but don't tell people that they should do this and do that. Jews also worshiped on the Sabbath. (Matt 12:9)

So, if in the Old Testament we are commanded to keep the Sabbath and in the New Testament we see Jews, Jesus, and the apostles doing the same thing, then why do we worship on Sunday?
The following user(s) said Thank You: music20000, 4given4itall, tbhorse, Slushie2592

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #20781

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
Sunday is not the true Sabbath.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4given4itall, Bribree

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #20807

• jesusROCKS1234
  • #bluelivesmatter #IDontKneel
  • Thank you received: 166
im not to sure but i think you should go on the 7th day(sabbath) saturday. thats what good said to do and sunday for me is a me day
#bluelivesmatter #Idontkneel
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4given4itall

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #20827

• Bree_Gods_Girl
  • "Don't cross a bridge before it's made"
  • Thank you received: 90
Of course not! You can go to church any day you wish! ***But it's important to separate Saturday especially for the Lord. If you knowingly ignore the Sabbath and replace it with Sunday then it is wrong....

Good Luck and Good bless ^^
Bee
The following user(s) said Thank You: isabella101, InspiredThinker, mknz12, Lexi, Quirky, tbhorse, sunnyside1, Going4God, Alex Lee

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #20844

• DukeHelton
  • Thank you received: 63
God specificlly said that we should worship him on Saturaday, not sunday. It was the day that he reste dafter creating the planet.
boot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roll Tide Man, jon01

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #20860

• Jenipop
  • Thank you received: 2
I don't think there's anything wrong with going to church on Sunday. The Bible never said we couldn't. But the Bible did say to keep the Seventh day holy. So going to church two days a week is not my favorite thing. So what I saying is that you can go to church on Sunday, but you still should keep the Sabbath. I hope this helps B) .
The following user(s) said Thank You: sunnyside1

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #20934

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1214
Bree_Gods_Girl wrote:
Of course not! You can go to church any day you wish! ***But it's important to separate Saturday especially for the Lord. If you knowingly ignore the Sabbath and replace it with Sunday then it is wrong....

Good Luck and Good bless ^^
i agree with bree_gods_girl, if you're just visiting, and as long as you have specifically set aside saturday as the Sabbath
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4given4itall, sunnyside1

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #20942

• DaughterOfGod13
  • Hawaii :) :) :)
  • Thank you received: 844
Depends what you're talking about. If you're talking about worshipping on the 1st day of the week (Sunday) then it's wrong. If you're talking about going to the church for a social or some activity like that, that's fine. If you're talking about visiting another church on Sunday... well, that's kind of what I see as "sitting on the fence."

Some Bible verses that speak about the Sabbath:

Exodus 16 (the 10 Commandments had not yet been given, but they were to worship on the Seventh day, still)
Exodus 20:8-11
Mark 2:27
John 9:14
Lev 23:3
Acts 18:4 (Sabbath for both the Jews and the Greeks)
John 20:19 (Disciples were gathered for fear of the Jews, not a Sabbath worship service)
Isaiah 56:6,7 (Sabbath not just for the Jews - Jesus speaking to the Jews, the strangers were considered the Gentiles)
Isaiah 66:22,23 (All people should worship God on the Sabbath)

God Bless!
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding!
The following user(s) said Thank You: honeyflower, JESUSLOVE101

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #20951

• Hadassa
  • Thank you received: 244
who, whoa, whoa! hold up! all these people are saying you can't worship God on Sunday?! Well, let me break the bubble and say YOU CAN WORSHIP GOD ANYDAY!!!!! as a matter of fact, you SHOULD worship God EVERYDAY!!! But God set aside Sabbath (Saturday) as a day of rest. He's giving you a day off of life (lol!). So, you can go to church on Sunday. But if you're not resting on the Sabbath (like if you're catholic, come to a SDA church on Saturday) you need to rest on Sabbath. So, just clearing things up... ;)
:D
The following user(s) said Thank You: angel1, InspiredThinker, Quirky, honeyflower, sunnyside1, Prov17

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #21023

• godsgreat
  • GODSKID
  • Thank you received: 120
well i think its ok if you still keep the sabbath
I AM ..................AWESOME
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jontey

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #21080

• DaughterOfGod13
  • Hawaii :) :) :)
  • Thank you received: 844
haha yeah, I Shoulda clarified. I'm not saying WORSHIPING God is wrong to do on Sunday, it's when you start viewing Sunday as the holy day that God set apart - that's when you start having issues.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding!
The following user(s) said Thank You: honeyflower, Roll Tide Man, JESUSLOVE101

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #21111

absoulutly not as long as it is not in the context of it being sabbath
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #21126

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
I believe that for us, people who claim know the truth about Sabbath to worship on Sunday instead of Saturday. However, God judges us on the truth he reveals to us,so there are SundayKeepers out there that are worshipping on the wrong day and don't know it, I don't think that they will be lost because they kept the wrong day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mylhu1011

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #21251

• GAGOH
But they never actually use the words Saturday and Sunday in the calender so how do we know that the Sabbath isn't the Sunday? :S A lot of calendars start on the Monday and make the Sunday the 7th day

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #21303

• Bree_Gods_Girl
Tim33-
“For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law; and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; for not the hearers of the Law are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified. For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law unto themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness, and their thoughts ultimately accusing or defending them. In the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.”
Bee

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #21304

• Bree_Gods_Girl
@Gagoh- First of all Saturday wasn't it's original name it's original name was Sabbath but it was changed for "religious" purposes. Sunday has always been the first day of the week, it is only being changed recently. And in spanish the names do not vary "Sabado(Saturday) is Sabado(Sabbath) Lastly, the name itself (Sunday) indicates that it is NOT the day of God, it is the day of the sun.

Hope that helps you clear up ^^

Good Luck and God bless!
Bee
The following user(s) said Thank You: smileygon10, Mercylove

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #21321

• GAGOH
Um.. i know people who haven't been brought up in an Adventist family... they are Christians and go to church on the Sunday, they also eat meat etc... Is this wrong? Their daughter goes to an Adventist school

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #21336

• Laughter101
  • 'ello!
  • Thank you received: 31
Nah, as long as you're still honoring Saturday as the Sabbath and not Sunday. ;)
I like Green Tea and Jazz. :3

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #21344

• Puppyluv7
  • luv Jesus!!!!!!!
  • Thank you received: 3
The Bible says that the seventh day is the sabbith.
Madison Vath

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #21347

• Puppyluv7
  • luv Jesus!!!!!!!
  • Thank you received: 3
nice memerizing :lol:
Madison Vath

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 9 months ago #21508

• Bribree
  • Thank you received: 158
I think that you should be a seventh day Adventist because god rested on the seventh day of the week which is Saturday. so we all need to forget about our problems and go to church to worship god for all he's done. If you go to church on Sunday it's fine but i'm a Seventh Day Adventist so i think that Saturday is better than Sunday. :silly: B)

I hope this clears your mind and makes you want to be a seventh day Adventist like me. either way i NEVER judge.
;) GOD ♡ U ...... I ♡ U
;)~Bribree~ ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GAGOH, Birdie500

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 8 months ago #22123

• GAGOH
Thanks guys/girls!!!

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 8 months ago #22131

• trio3
  • I'm...a baby? o_O
  • Thank you received: 577
Ofcourse not.... as long as you keep the Sabbath holy. Who says you can't have a bible study at church on
Sunday?
Life will always end in closure; unless, of course, it doesn't.

-Unknown

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, Quirky

Re: Is there anything wrong with going to Church on the Sunday? 4 years 8 months ago #22420

• LegoGuy640
  • Thank you received: 4
Well, it doesn't directly say that Saturday is the Sabbath. But with a bit of inferencing, you can determine pretty accurately that it is. In the Bible, it says God made the Earth in 7 days, and the last day was the day he rested. So, Jesus was buried on "Good Friday," the 6th day of the week. No one did anything on the missing 7th day of the week, and on the 1st day of the week, Mary actually was going to the tomb to finish putting spices on Jesus when she noticed he was gone! So, that leaves 1 day to be the 7th. Saturday, or, the Sabbath.

Another cool fact! Look at the word "Sabbath". S"abba"th. "Abba" is the Greek word for "Father"!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sunnyside1, jon01, Birdie500
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds