Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What do you talk about on Sabbath

What do you talk about on Sabbath 5 years 7 months ago #198

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
G'day, I'm from Australia and I have found that when you turn up at church on sabbath and talk to our freinds we don't talk about God. For Example I find myself talking about sport- just a note I talk about Australian sports AFL and Cricket. But anyway do you think it is appropriate. Should we be talking about God or us. As Adventist youth we will decide the future of the church. I am suggesting that maybe we shouldn't be talking about worldly things, what about God. Don't get me wrong, I am a normal kid, not fanatical. Its just interesting thats all. Think about it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13, Gogirl, Hadassa, jesusROCKS1234, DaughterOfGod13, Godsadvicegiver12

Re: What do you talk about on Sabbath 5 years 6 months ago #1462

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 440
I totally agree. We have six days to talk about whatever we want. The Sabbath is different-it's about God and how He created the world. The least we can do is show some respect to His special day.
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim33, ThunderTsunami

Re: What do you talk about on Sabbath 5 years 6 months ago #2568

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 440
I have a good idea for all those who are struggling with keeping their minds on religious stuff: Don't listen to, watch, or read ANYTHING secular before sunset on friday. It works!
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim33, DaughterOfGod13

Re: What do you talk about on Sabbath 5 years 6 months ago #2607

• tim33
i agree, i really like watching cricket and some of the games are on friday afternoon/night so if you watch it in the afternon and then turn it off for sabbath you think about who won all sabbath.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13

Re: What do you talk about on Sabbath 5 years 4 months ago #4846

• PrBen
  • Thank you received: 9
When I was little I used to get bored on Sabbath but when i got into birds I really enjoyed reading and watching them on Sabbath. Heres a hint of advice: find something that you really like that God created and explore it. even when its rainy you can go on the Internet and print pictures of it and make a report on it

Re: What do you talk about on Sabbath 5 years 4 months ago #6239

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 425
I think its a bad idea I'm homeschooled and I never get to play with my friends I talk about other things all the time.
IM LOLING FOR JESUS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLROFLROFLROFL

Re: What do you talk about on Sabbath 4 years 10 months ago #17532

• Hadassa
  • Thank you received: 244
i try to avoid talking about worldly things on sabbath.. but sometimes its hard.

btw u r australian?!?!?!?!?!?! i like australian accents, they're so cool!!! am i wrong? (srry off topic here :P)
:D

Re: What do you talk about on Sabbath 4 years 10 months ago #18313

• tim33
Trust me, Australia isn't just like what is in the movies, but a real Australia is easy to pick, Aussies are something different, I love our culture though it's awesome.

Re: What do you talk about on Sabbath 4 years 9 months ago #21104

oops.. maybe i am sinning, then! me and my friends talk about EVERYTHING! like hygiene...bad behavior...puberty...TV...Sabbath school lesson...food...what happened during the week...yeah, we talk about everything! maybe that's bad but nobody said anything before. This is really interesting!
"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."--1 Timothy 4:12

Re: What do you talk about on Sabbath 4 years 9 months ago #21134

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1213
that's pretty interesting. my favorite basketball team is the boston celtics, and when they have a friday night game, i usually check the score. but if i can go for a night, i can go until after sunset
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter

Re: What do you talk about on Sabbath 4 years 9 months ago #21184

• DaughterOfGod13
  • Hawaii :) :) :)
  • Thank you received: 844
Well, I have this really good friend, and we do Bible studies every time he came, but since that family lives so far away, that's kind of hard. I usually find myself hiding away in some deep, dark corner doing a Bible study by myself. (Okay, that's an exaggeration.) But I enjoy playing piano, or being outside, so I usually go to one or the other of those, and just spend time with God and by myself. But not to confuse you, I'm guilty of not paying attention, and guarding the Sabbath as carefully as I should.

~Katie in Kanata (Canada - Kanata is what it was named by an Indian when he first found it.)
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding!
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds