Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: make up or no make up?

make up or no make up? 4 months 1 week ago #82948

I think you should do what ever makes you comfortable. God loves you with or without makeup! :)
Bianca
The administrator has disabled public write access.

make up or no make up? 4 months 1 week ago #82971

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1143
bl2003 wrote:
I think you should do what ever makes you comfortable. God loves you with or without makeup! :)
Welcome to Guide, Bianca!
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;

#nopetgerbils

make up or no make up? 4 months 1 week ago #83028

• horsegirl04
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 405
bl2003 wrote:
welcome to Guide!

*calls emmykitty*

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 :)

make up or no make up? 4 months 1 day ago #83431

• MunchyMike
  • Thank you received: 7
No, I don't think it is necessary. But I am a guy sooooo... I've never used makeup. I personally think when someone is wearing too much makeup it doesn't look very good, it's like bozo the clown gave them a makeover. But hey, if you have a terrible skin disease and you need cosmetics for your face so it doesn't sag to your ankles, sure, but when it you don't NEED it, it's best to go without.

make up or no make up? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83501

• Chickadee
  • I love dogs!!
  • Thank you received: 211
It's much better to take good care of your skin and make it flawless than to try to cover up blemishes with makeup.
Trust me. If you have clean skin, all you gotta do is swipe some (natural) lipstick and you look amazing. Like you put a ton of time into doing your makeup. Without doing anything
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravelPastel

make up or no make up? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83560

• TravelPastel
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 604
Chickadee wrote:
It's much better to take good care of your skin and make it flawless than to try to cover up blemishes with makeup.
Trust me. If you have clean skin, all you gotta do is swipe some (natural) lipstick and you look amazing. Like you put a ton of time into doing your makeup. Without doing anything
YEEEEY CHICKADEE!!! <3

There are some natural substitutes for makeup! Like people use foundation or something like that to cover up the dark bags under your eyes, but you can also help those go away by washing it with cold water/ rinsing your face with cold water. And like Chickadee said, a little lipstick or maybe a little swipe of mascara.

I personally don't put on makeup, but maybe that's the reason I don't have a boyfrie--
too lazy to have a fancy signature rip
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
Also don't look at my profile cause I definitely didn't put my birthday (year) there now

make up or no make up? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83561

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
TravelPastel wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
YEEEEY CHICKADEE!!! <3

There are some natural substitutes for makeup! Like people use foundation or something like that to cover up the dark bags under your eyes, but you can also help those go away by washing it with cold water/ rinsing your face with cold water. And like Chickadee said, a little lipstick or maybe a little swipe of mascara.

I personally don't put on makeup, but maybe that's the reason I don't have a boyfrie--
Nooooooooo, stop right there!! Be thankful if the only reason you don't have a boyfriend is because you don't wear makeup!! That means that you haven't got a guy that's "in love with you", or rather your makeup. Cos makeup smudges, beauty fades, but character lasts. If you "wait upon the Lord" then He will lead you to a wonderful guy who will love you with a bed head, bags under your eyes, baby spit-up on your shoulder, and body odour. He'll love you because of your personality. And true love will stick around even when someone is "unlovable." :)

Anyway, mini lecture over, remember to keep your chin up because you're a daughter of the King of Kings. Act accordingly.
:)
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;

#nopetgerbils
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

make up or no make up? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83578

• Chickadee
  • I love dogs!!
  • Thank you received: 211
TravelPastel wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
YEEEEY CHICKADEE!!! <3

Lol!

I never can figure out why women get rid of all hints of darkness around their eyes only to put eyeshadow on. To me you already have natural eyeshadow! Lol

Hey! *important notice* Boys don't like girls based on whether or not they wear makeup! Just saying! :-) (insert hyper emoji) (sorry I just ate breakfast and have way too much energy)
Also i think teenage girls look prettier without makeup on. When teenage girls put on makeup to me it looks like they got into their moms makeup and played dress up

Hehe

HEHE

LOLOL

make up or no make up? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83619

bush possum wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
YEEEEY CHICKADEE!!! <3

Nooooooooo, stop right there!! Be thankful if the only reason you don't have a boyfriend is because you don't wear makeup!! That means that you haven't got a guy that's "in love with you", or rather your makeup. Cos makeup smudges, beauty fades, but character lasts. If you "wait upon the Lord" then He will lead you to a wonderful guy who will love you with a bed head, bags under your eyes, baby spit-up on your shoulder, and body odour. He'll love you because of your personality. And true love will stick around even when someone is "unlovable." :)

Anyway, mini lecture over, remember to keep your chin up because you're a daughter of the King of Kings. Act accordingly.
gotta agree here coming from a guy, if the guy will seriously not date you because you dont wear makeup, the guy aint worth it, trust me. Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it. oh, and besides, the stuff aint really good for your skin anyway
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum

make up or no make up? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83629

• emmykitty
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Don't be lasagna.
  • Thank you received: 311
Kwesi wrote:
notturningaside wrote:
bush possum wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
YEEEEY CHICKADEE!!! <3

gotta agree here coming from a guy, if the guy will seriously not date you because you dont wear makeup, the guy aint worth it, trust me. Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it. oh, and besides, the stuff aint really good for your skin anyway
What is S.O
significant other

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD

make up or no make up? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83631

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 552
@Kwesi S.O. Means significant other
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

make up or no make up? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83636

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
Kwesi wrote:
Young kids nowadays with their different supposedly cool acronyms
I mean, it's not THAT new...

make up or no make up? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83639

SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
yeah... i learned it from growing up with a whole bunch of 90's babies (though, none of them have ever driven an 80's mercedes...)
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

make up or no make up? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83687

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 348
notturningaside wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
yeah... i learned it from growing up with a whole bunch of 90's babies (though, none of them have ever driven an 80's mercedes...)

Haha! I wonder if I'm the only one who will get that reference....
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

make up or no make up? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83716

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1977
Kwesi wrote:

notturningaside is older than you....
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

make up or no make up? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83717

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1977
TravelPastel wrote:
Chickadee wrote:
YEEEEY CHICKADEE!!! <3

@chickadee some (most) people cannot have flawless skin simply by taking care of it. Acne, scars, genetics, moles, sunburns, dark spots.... none of those can be taken away by washing your face and using moisturizer.
@travelpastel About the dark circles under eyes... I get them a lot. Cold water does not wash them away. I'm the type of person who (unfortunately) does best with about 7-8 hours of sleep. I typically get about 5. Enter, dark circles. Also, I have bad allergies which also cause dark circles. Sometimes these things just don't go away.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

make up or no make up? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83745

• emmy01
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Thank you received: 619
Kwesi wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
Kwesi wrote:

Smirk
I am not going to bite on the bait

As I have said several times
"You will be shocked when you know my age"
Is anyone else a little creeped out by this post?... :blink:
TravelPastel! Happy birthday! Your 16th year of life will be an awesome one as long as Jesus is in it.:)

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pyrrhic

make up or no make up? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83759

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
emmy01 wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
Kwesi wrote:

Smirk

Yes. Don't you remember about four months ago?...

#nopetgerbils
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by bush possum.

make up or no make up? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83765

• horsegirl04
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 405
bush possum wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
Kwesi wrote:

Smirk

Nope. Don't you remember about four months ago?...
no... what happened?

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

make up or no make up? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83767

• emmy01
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Thank you received: 619
bush possum wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
Kwesi wrote:

Smirk

...Yeah, let's not bring that up... :blink:
TravelPastel! Happy birthday! Your 16th year of life will be an awesome one as long as Jesus is in it.:)

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement

make up or no make up? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83819

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
emmy01 wrote:
bush possum wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
Kwesi wrote:

Smirk

In short, @those who can't remember/weren't here, it creeped a few people out, plus other things, there was a confrontation, and things got messy. Eventually the air was cleared, and so were the slates.
I think that's the shortest summary ever....

#nopetgerbils

make up or no make up? 3 months 2 weeks ago #83939

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
Kwesi wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
bush possum wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
Kwesi wrote:

Smirk

It is okay if you want to bring it up.
Putting make up on an argument doesn't make it better.
You need to find the root cause and treat it.
Okay, what's the root cause?
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum

make up or no make up? 3 months 2 weeks ago #83980

• dogluvergirl101
  • Shakespeare is awesome. Just sayin'. #theatrekid
  • Thank you received: 101
Still on the subject of makeup...I was reading through it all cause I'm bored...and I'm still very confused. Why is it considered so wrong and 'unchristian' to wear make up? We could just walk around wearing black, grey, and brown clothes and look very plain, and not braid our hair or anything, "because God made us naturally beautiful." But no. We think it's acceptable to wear pretty dresses and skirts with lace and frills and cute patterns and bright colors, and we think it's okay to put out hair in elaborate braids and curl/straighten it. What's the difference between sparkles in my dress and sparkles on my eyelids? What's the difference between a pink skirt and pink lipstick? How come curling my naturally straight hair is okay but putting on eyeliner is unacceptable?

Make up becomes wrong when it becomes an idol. When you base your worth and beauty solely on what make up you wear and how you look, that's when it becomes wrong. But anything can become an idol. Even our clothes can become idols, but do we say clothes are wrong? (I'm not talking about being immodest, I'm talking about thinking only pretty clothes can make you beautiful)

God made masterpieces when He made us, and we shouldn't be ashamed of how we look, or think we should depend on powder and ink to be beautiful. But on the other hand, it's just powder and ink. If you want to do something a little extra, or if you want to play with different colors (have you seen some of the eyeshadow designs makeup artists have done??? Such talent! It's gorgeous!) or if you want to clean up a little for picture day or whatever, you're still beautiful. God still loves you.

Makeup does not define you. You are beautiful with and without it. God loves you with and without it. You can go to church with and without it. Your significant other should be able to accept and love you with and without it.

It's not tattoos or piercings. It's makeup. It's fine. Chill, guys.
"Art is when the mind shuts off and the heart takes its turn to speak. Whether it's music, paint, theatre, writing, or what have you; each heart has its own voice.

"What is your heart trying to say?"

- Aunt Katherine from énoument (a quote from a book I'm writing)
The following user(s) said Thank You: emmykitty, Mp137

make up or no make up? 3 months 2 weeks ago #83996

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
Alright, so let's treat it.

make up or no make up? 3 months 2 weeks ago #83997

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE

How do we treat it?
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds