Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: make up or no make up?

Re: make up or no make up? 1 year 3 weeks ago #62273

• Peach1
  • I love God, my Bible, my family, and my church
  • Thank you received: 86
FelineRose wrote:
I personally believe it is ok to wear make up, and I us usally wear some (yes, even at church). I dont see the need to wear it unless you need to though. -Shay

Sorry to say FelineRose but, I DON'T agree. If God would aprove of make up he would have gave it to you when you were born. I don't wear make up. It's like saying 'It's not enough.' To God.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: make up or no make up? 1 year 3 weeks ago #62274

• Peach1
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
I think its ok unless its like wayyy too much like terrible ahhhhh like that lol
So probably having makeup thats looks natural or not too weird looking is fine

No maplesyruhotel9. It's better not to have even one drop of make up. God does not aprove it. How do I know? Did he make you with make up all over your face when you were born? No. That's my prof.

Re: make up or no make up? 1 year 3 weeks ago #62275

• Peach1
Quirky wrote:
personally, i dont like wearing makeup becuz it feels like my face is being caked up or something. but, no, i dont think make up is good to wear because your kind of hinding ur true beauty and its like ur wearing a mask.

ps. i did a challenge post on make up. its called Dont Be a Jezebel, check it out!

Tell them Quirky!

Re: make up or no make up? 1 year 3 weeks ago #62276

• Peach1
Emerl2 wrote:
Girls look good with makeup just don't do more than the basics to go to church.

Wrong.

Re: make up or no make up? 1 year 3 weeks ago #62277

• Peach1
janelldiggsGod wrote:
well they say we should b like jesus n doesnt jesus ware make up, i mean anything u gonna do ask the question 'would jesus do it' B)

I really agree!!!! :woohoo:

Re: make up or no make up? 1 year 3 weeks ago #62278

• Peach1
Going4God wrote:
janelldiggsGod wrote:
well they say we should b like jesus n doesnt jesus ware make up, i mean anything u gonna do ask the question 'would jesus do it' B)

Yeah but Jesus was a man, and I assume makeup wasn't very popular at the time... :kiss:

Ture, but Egyptians wear make up right? Did the Bible say make up is what you need? No. God made us beautiful anyway. Wayyyy more beautiful than paint face.

make up or no make up? 1 year 3 weeks ago #62279

• Peach1
JustMe wrote:
I think I posted this somewhere before, but as a guy, I think it's good if you use it and you actually look better. Try not to look like a clown. Whether it looks natural or not doesn't matter. It's the improvement that does. If you like what you see after you add makeup and everyone else agrees, then it's good. If you don't, or people think you look ridiculous, you may want to change what you're doing.

So you think God didn't do a good job?

Re: make up or no make up? 1 year 3 weeks ago #62280

• Peach1
Mp137 wrote:
janelldiggsGod wrote:
I don't think guys wear makeup? :P

They do. :S Only men make up.

Re: make up or no make up? 1 year 3 weeks ago #62281

• Peach1
EpicEllieD.1112 wrote:
Are you saying you can't wear makeup to church because Gods there? If thats why then I don't think that's right because Gods watching you all the time, whever your in church or not. Obviously if it's your wedding then yea it's ok but day-to-day useage I think it's like correcting the job God already did while making you. By changing your natural appearence, are you saying "Ok God, I know your God and don't make any mistakes and all that and everything, but I think you may have made a tiny mistake whilst in the making of my face. You see I want my - eg. lips red, and cheeks pink, and my eyelashes to be SUPER long". Thats my thougfhts on makeup.
Please reply, I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks...
~EpicEllieD.1112 x

Sooooooo right. But not weddings either! Never! Pretty white dresses with pink pearls sure. But NO make up OR make up for anything! Yeah its like saying. "Hey God. It's not enough. "

Re: make up or no make up? 1 year 2 weeks ago #62423

• Stverno
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Thank you received: 984
Peach1 wrote:
EpicEllieD.1112 wrote:
Are you saying you can't wear makeup to church because Gods there? If thats why then I don't think that's right because Gods watching you all the time, whever your in church or not. Obviously if it's your wedding then yea it's ok but day-to-day useage I think it's like correcting the job God already did while making you. By changing your natural appearence, are you saying "Ok God, I know your God and don't make any mistakes and all that and everything, but I think you may have made a tiny mistake whilst in the making of my face. You see I want my - eg. lips red, and cheeks pink, and my eyelashes to be SUPER long". Thats my thougfhts on makeup.
~EpicEllieD.1112 x

Sooooooo right. But not weddings either! Never! Pretty white dresses with pink pearls sure. But NO make up OR make up for anything! Yeah its like saying. "Hey God. It's not enough. "

First of all I'd like to apologize if anything in this is remotely offensive, but I'd like to play devil's advocate and fight with you a bit. I'd also like to clarify I do not wear makeup, I consider it a waste of time and unnecessary for myself. But there is nothing that I can see wrong with makeup. You said that God didn't create us with makeup, so there is no need. But God didn't create you with pretty clothes, so why do we wear them? For some women, I'll give you that they do indeed spend way too much time working on every single detail of their face. Others just wear basics and others wear a bit more, others don't wear any at all. It depends from person to person what they personally prefer.

NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE

Re: make up or no make up? 1 year 2 weeks ago #62432

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 520
Peach1 wrote:
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
I think its ok unless its like wayyy too much like terrible ahhhhh like that lol
So probably having makeup thats looks natural or not too weird looking is fine

No maplesyruhotel9. It's better not to have even one drop of make up. God does not aprove it. How do I know? Did he make you with make up all over your face when you were born? No. That's my prof.

God didn't make you with clothes on your body either, but that doesn't mean you should avoid wearing clothes.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: honeyflower, Pyrrhic, maplesyruphotel9

Re: make up or no make up? 1 year 2 weeks ago #62433

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
Peach1 wrote:
Going4God wrote:
janelldiggsGod wrote:

Yeah but Jesus was a man, and I assume makeup wasn't very popular at the time... :kiss:

Ture, but Egyptians wear make up right? Did the Bible say make up is what you need? No. God made us beautiful anyway. Wayyyy more beautiful than paint face.

The Egyptians used dark eye paint mainly to cut the sun's glare. Fashion was not its primary purpose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pyrrhic

Re: make up or no make up? 1 year 2 weeks ago #62434

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
Peach1 wrote:
FelineRose wrote:
I personally believe it is ok to wear make up, and I us usally wear some (yes, even at church). I dont see the need to wear it unless you need to though. -Shay

Sorry to say FelineRose but, I DON'T agree. If God would aprove of make up he would have gave it to you when you were born. I don't wear make up. It's like saying 'It's not enough.' To God.

Let's say that a person with severe facial deformities read this post. Imagine what they must think of God right now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pyrrhic, the_adorbs

make up or no make up? 1 year 2 weeks ago #62435

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
Peach1 wrote:
JustMe wrote:
I think I posted this somewhere before, but as a guy, I think it's good if you use it and you actually look better. Try not to look like a clown. Whether it looks natural or not doesn't matter. It's the improvement that does. If you like what you see after you add makeup and everyone else agrees, then it's good. If you don't, or people think you look ridiculous, you may want to change what you're doing.

Wearing make up is not saying that God didn't do a good job. Some people are born with deformities, they could be blind, missing an arm, of just look really ugly. Did God mess up? Probably not. I know that is an extreme example, but it's similar on a small scale. We are created by God, but we are also deformed by the curse of sin. In the resurrection, God will, metaphorically speaking, perform the ultimate plastic surgery on those who are saved, and the blemishes of sin will be removed. Until then, we will carry blemishes from sin, and if someone wants to wear makeup to enhance what they have, they have the right to do so.

Re: make up or no make up? 1 year 2 weeks ago #62556

• Peach1
Stverno wrote:
Peach1 wrote:
EpicEllieD.1112 wrote:
~EpicEllieD.1112 x

First of all I'd like to apologize if anything in this is remotely offensive, but I'd like to play devil's advocate and fight with you a bit. I'd also like to clarify I do not wear makeup, I consider it a waste of time and unnecessary for myself. But there is nothing that I can see wrong with makeup. You said that God didn't create us with makeup, so there is no need. But God didn't create you with pretty clothes, so why do we wear them? For some women, I'll give you that they do indeed spend way too much time working on every single detail of their face. Others just wear basics and others wear a bit more, others don't wear any at all. It depends from person to person what they personally prefer.

Ture about the clothes. But did not God PUT clothes on Adam and Eve?

make up or no make up? 1 year 2 weeks ago #62557

• Peach1
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Peach1 wrote:
JustMe wrote:

Wearing make up is not saying that God didn't do a good job. Some people are born with deformities, they could be blind, missing an arm, of just look really ugly. Did God mess up? Probably not. I know that is an extreme example, but it's similar on a small scale. We are created by God, but we are also deformed by the curse of sin. In the resurrection, God will, metaphorically speaking, perform the ultimate plastic surgery on those who are saved, and the blemishes of sin will be removed. Until then, we will carry blemishes from sin, and if someone wants to wear makeup to enhance what they have, they have the right to do so.

Dear SirGeneralCliche

Well OF COURSE God doesn't want u to be naked. He made our faces beautiful in a way we don't need make up. Make up has toxins that are real bad for the face/skin. Oils are good cuz it is closer to the nut it's from.

Re: make up or no make up? 1 year 2 weeks ago #62840

• Peach1
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Peach1 wrote:
Going4God wrote:
janelldiggsGod wrote:

The Egyptians used dark eye paint mainly to cut the sun's glare. Fashion was not its primary purpose.

They did not. It was for fashion.

Re: make up or no make up? 1 year 2 weeks ago #62841

• Peach1
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Peach1 wrote:
FelineRose wrote:

Let's say that a person with severe facial deformities read this post. Imagine what they must think of God right now.

Well imagine that a person thinks, "Oh so God wants me to look so awesome and cute so I can be famous with lipstick and jewelry and all pretty stuff on me. I get it now. " What would you think of that?

make up or no make up? 1 year 2 weeks ago #62842

• Peach1
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Peach1 wrote:
JustMe wrote:

Dear SirGeneralCliche,

I will not argue with you about this make up discussion. You will have to deal with it with God. I will as well, this is supposed to be an Jesus uplifting website. So I will argue no more. I hope this does not brake our friendship. Plz forgive me if I have spoiled your day, I am just saying my opinion. God bless!

Sincerely,

Peach1

P.S Please, think about it.

make up or no make up? 1 year 1 week ago #62951

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
Peach1 wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Peach1 wrote:
JustMe wrote:

Dear SirGeneralCliche

Well OF COURSE God doesn't want u to be naked. He made our faces beautiful in a way we don't need make up. Make up has toxins that are real bad for the face/skin. Oils are good cuz it is closer to the nut it's from.

Olive oil.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

make up or no make up? 1 year 1 week ago #62996

• dogluvergirl101
  • Shakespeare is awesome. Just sayin'. #theatrekid
  • Thank you received: 101
It depends. I think make up is fun to do. It's like a form of art where your face is a canvas, and I love doing unique eyeshadow and eyeliner etc. even though I think it's too much to go out anywhere with. On a typical school day I cover up my zits and dark circles with concealer, I use an eyebrow pencil cause I have really light eyebrows that honestly you can't really see and it looks super weird, I put on a bit of mascara cause it makes my eyes look bluer and bigger and brighter, I have a little blush cause I'm super pale, and I put on lip balm or a natural color if I want. I'm not trying to look fake, I'm just taking my natural beauty and enhancing it, helping it stand out, and I'm taking what I'm not very proud of and hiding it. It gives me confidence and self esteem and makes me not want to cringe when I look in the mirror. If I want to be fancy I use eyeshadow and eyeliner and sometimes a darker/redder lipstick. Sure, I shouldn't base my beauty and self worth on some powder and ink, but if it helps me like what I see and if I feel good in it and it isn't harming me, why not? I'm not talking about tattoos and piercings of course, but make up is different. It's meant to take what's naturally beautiful and enhance it, and if there's something you don't like about yourself you can hide it. I think God accepts and loves us with and without make up.
"Art is when the mind shuts off and the heart takes its turn to speak. Whether it's music, paint, theatre, writing, or what have you; each heart has its own voice.

"What is your heart trying to say?"

- Aunt Katherine from énoument (a quote from a book I'm writing)
The following user(s) said Thank You: miss amazing, ParisIs4_Me, Mp137, Pyrrhic, Goatlover

make up or no make up? 1 year 1 week ago #63039

• Goatlover
  • I'm beekeepers little sister
  • Thank you received: 15
dogluvergirl101 wrote:
It depends. I think make up is fun to do. It's like a form of art where your face is a canvas, and I love doing unique eyeshadow and eyeliner etc. even though I think it's too much to go out anywhere with. On a typical school day I cover up my zits and dark circles with concealer, I use an eyebrow pencil cause I have really light eyebrows that honestly you can't really see and it looks super weird, I put on a bit of mascara cause it makes my eyes look bluer and bigger and brighter, I have a little blush cause I'm super pale, and I put on lip balm or a natural color if I want. I'm not trying to look fake, I'm just taking my natural beauty and enhancing it, helping it stand out, and I'm taking what I'm not very proud of and hiding it. It gives me confidence and self esteem and makes me not want to cringe when I look in the mirror. If I want to be fancy I use eyeshadow and eyeliner and sometimes a darker/redder lipstick. Sure, I shouldn't base my beauty and self worth on some powder and ink, but if it helps me like what I see and if I feel good in it and it isn't harming me, why not? I'm not talking about tattoos and piercings of course, but make up is different. It's meant to take what's naturally beautiful and enhance it, and if there's something you don't like about yourself you can hide it. I think God accepts and loves us with and without make up.
Well said! Thanks :cheer: I have just a little mostly what I use is Lip gloss, and foundation right now!

make up or no make up? 1 year 1 week ago #63045

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
Peach1 wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Peach1 wrote:
JustMe wrote:

Dear SirGeneralCliche,

I will not argue with you about this make up discussion. You will have to deal with it with God. I will as well, this is supposed to be a Jesus uplifting website. So I will argue no more. I hope this does not brake our friendship. Plz forgive me if I have spoiled your day, I am just saying my opinion. God bless!

Sincerely,

Peach1

I don't wear makeup, I'm a dude.
Just for the record, I see everyone on guide fun aquaintences to talk to, but not friends. Friends generally know each other's real names, and talk to each other face to face. We probably don't know each other like we think we do, and conversation is limited because of the delay, so you can hardly call us friends.

make up or no make up? 1 year 1 week ago #63116

• Peach1
dogluvergirl101 wrote:

Yes. God does love us without make up. And with make up. He just wants what's best for us. He knows we may get mad if He says no to that or no to this.... but we have to accept what He gives us..... therefore, he gave us seeds, fruits, nuts, and grains instead of meat and flesh. He gave us oils and sweet smelling things instead of make up. He gave us the Bible for character building. He gave us a mind to choose from right from wrong. He gave us breath and life that we may honor Him. He gave us the animals for company. He gave His Son to die for us.... so that, if we believe in Him.... we will have everlasting life.

make up or no make up? 1 year 1 week ago #63258

• Goatlover
  • I'm beekeepers little sister
  • Thank you received: 15
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Peach1 wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Peach1 wrote:
JustMe wrote:

Sorry guys, I didn't want anyone to get mad!
Dear SirGeneralCliche,

I will not argue with you about this make up discussion. You will have to deal with it with God. I will as well, this is supposed to be a Jesus uplifting website. So I will argue no more. I hope this does not brake our friendship. Plz forgive me if I have spoiled your day, I am just saying my opinion. God bless!

Sincerely,

Peach1

I don't wear makeup, I'm a dude.
Just for the record, I see everyone on guide fun aquaintences to talk to, but not friends. Friends generally know each other's real names, and talk to each other face to face. We probably don't know each other like we think we do, and conversation is limited because of the delay, so you can hardly call us friends.
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds