Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: SHOULD THERE BE?

Women Pastors ok 16 44.4%
Women Pastors not ok 10 27.8%
Women Elders ok 9 25%
Women Elders not ok 1 2.8%
Total number of voters: 36 ( Prov17, mittens92999, godswarriorprincess, Lloyd101, TheDoctor ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS

SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 5 years 3 weeks ago #13077

it was really hard 2 tell what the majority was saying about this topic.this should settle it
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 5 years 2 weeks ago #13598

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
Good idea. It will settle who thinks what, but it won't settle who is right and wrong. Just because the majority thinks something doesn't mean that it is right.

I like your idea though :) :D
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaughterOfGod13

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 5 years 1 day ago #14895

• Godsadvicegiver12
@ ManOfWar4God

Do you think that women pastors are OK?

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 4 years 11 months ago #15470

Ellen White said clearly, “There are women who should labor in the gospel ministry. In many respects they would do more good than the ministers who neglect to visit the flock of God. Women who do such labor, especially full-time, were to be paid fairly from the title for their work. “The tithe should go to those who labor in word and doctrine, be they men or women. She added, “Seventh-day Adventists are not in any way to belittle woman’s work.

Some believe that Mrs. White thus called for elimination of any role distinction between men and women in the ministry of the Adventist Church. The fairness she urged in the treatment of women workers, they say, should be understood to include ordination to the gospel ministry irrespective of gender.

Yet Mrs. White did not make that connection. Her statement, “There are women who should labor in the gospel ministry,” comes from a manuscript whose opening paragraph says: “The ministers are paid for their work, and this is well. And if the Lord gives the wife as well as the husband the burden of labor, and if she devotes her time and her strength to visiting from family to family, opening the Scriptures to them, although the hands of ordination have not been laid upon her, she is accomplishing a work that is in the line of ministry. Should her labors be counted as nought, and her husband’s salary be no more than that of the servant of God whose wife does not give herself to the work, but remains at home to care for her family?”

The subject under discussion is the pay of ministers’ wives, and the kind of work they are doing is described as visiting homes and opening the Scriptures to the families. Further, rather than seeing ordination as a remedy to the injustice regarding pay, Mrs. White dismisses it as irrelevant to the issue. Her point is simply that those ministers’ wives who function as what we would call Bible instructors are “accomplishing a work that is in the line of ministry,” and they should be paid for it.

It is in this setting that Mrs. White’s statement “There are women who should labor in the gospel ministry” appears. The sentence that follows it underscores the nature of the work she envisioned for these women: “In many respects they would do more good than the ministers who neglect to visit the flock of God.” Immediately she adds, “Husband and wife may unite in this work, and when it is possible, they should. The way is open for consecrated women.”

So it seems that she was not calling for women to function in the same roles as do men, but rather to have a complementary ministry that focuses on personal work.

- Prove All Things, pp. 275-276. That is my answer
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, Godsadvicegiver12

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 4 years 11 months ago #15506

• FarmerCodak
  • I play softball, ride a unicycle, and love God!
  • Thank you received: 134
Howdy, I believe woman pastors/elders are ok, as long as they are helping to preach the Gospel.

Cody B) ;)
Remember to live like Jesus! Happy Sabbath!
"Take your candle, and go light your world!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2, Godsadvicegiver12

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 4 years 11 months ago #15540

• Living4Christ.
  • God is a Lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
  • Thank you received: 119
I disagree with Ellen white..Sorry, she isn't the bible, yes she was a prophet, but not the bible, tell me where GOD says that Women pastors are bad...

PAUL ISN'T GOD!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2, FarmerCodak

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 4 years 11 months ago #15566

• Godsadvicegiver12
I agree with that I think, Manofwar, if I am catching what that is saying correctly. Yeah, i am seeing the point. Thanks for your answer!
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Godsadvicegiver12. Reason: I wanted to be specific on who I agreed with! :) Other wise it looks like I am on two sides, which is OK, LOL, anyway!

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 4 years 11 months ago #15580

• CoolDude
  • Thank you received: 65
ok I came across this and now i'm confused about women pastors I didnt watch the whole thing,but what do u guys think about this video

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 4 years 11 months ago #16987

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2962
Living4Christ. wrote:
I disagree with Ellen white..Sorry, she isn't the bible, yes she was a prophet, but not the bible, tell me where GOD says that Women pastors are bad...

PAUL ISN'T GOD!!

the only thing ellen white wrote is what God told her to write down. so if you disagree with ellen i think ur kind of disagreeing with God :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ManOfWar4God, Godsadvicegiver12

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 4 years 11 months ago #17096

• DukeHelton
  • Thank you received: 63
God said that he will send peope toward the last days to help with the misistry. "In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy." (Acts 2:17-18) This isnt referring to EGW directly, but it is saying sons and daughters.
boot
The following user(s) said Thank You: FarmerCodak, djxp21

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 4 years 11 months ago #17178

Living4Christ. wrote:

PAUL ISN'T GOD!!

All the words wrote by Ellen G White are inspired and given by God to build on our spiritual beliefs. This is the same principle about how the Bible was formed upon. Ellen G White is not there to replace the Bible however shouldn't be disregarded either as you would be also disregarding the words given by God. :)

I will also watch the video when possible <3 Doug Batchelor Sermons ;)

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 4 years 10 months ago #17547

• CoolDude
  • Thank you received: 65
And what did you think of it Keeping It Holy. Please share your views

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 4 years 7 months ago #23971

CoolDude wrote:
And what did you think of it Keeping It Holy. Please share your views

I believe God was speaking through Doug Batchelor and the analysis provided by him of the Bible quotes was the true interpretation even if it doesn't follow the culture of today. The important message I found from the sermon is that everyone has the ability to minister and prophecy/preach about the Bible however the Elders/Pastors role, God has divinely positioned Men to take up the responsibility of leading the Church.

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 4 years 7 months ago #24466

• djxp21
  • Enjoy Yourself.
  • Thank you received: 1
Godgirl7 wrote:
Living4Christ. wrote:

PAUL ISN'T GOD!!
the only thing ellen white wrote is what God told her to write down. so if you disagree with ellen i think ur kind of disagreeing with God :dry:
You are in fact very wrong. Ellen White Never Implied that women should not be pastors, many have misinterpreted what she said. She was simply Trying to say that women should support men in their role and try to assist them. They could also assist men as pastors. Did u know that by leading someone you could also assist them. Also, While Ellen White is not the Bible or God, she based her writings on the profound principles of the Bible.

P.S. I am 14 and A pastors kid and I'm not implying that me being a Pastor's kid would make me right, I'm just making it clear that Mrs. White is God's anointed Prophet and what ever she say is as a result of isnpiration from God and the Bible
GLG
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by neonbible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mercylove

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 4 years 7 months ago #24537

@ cool dude if that sermon is anything like the book I read by him on the subject the main verse they use (I shall set no woman over a man) is irrelevant as it is supposed to be translated I shall set no wife over her husband :) B)
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 4 years 7 months ago #25087

• Mercylove
  • October 16th I'll remember forever.
  • Thank you received: 186
Women elders and pastors are ok! As long as they are following god it's perfectly fine :0
Blessed Assurance! Jesus is mine!
The following user(s) said Thank You: FarmerCodak

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 3 years 10 months ago #35043

• Skite
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Thank you received: 604
what is bad about women being elders or pastors?
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 3 years 9 months ago #35294

I don think it is wrong but I think that most of the women pastors set a bad example for the girls and women in the congregation they wear makeup and jewelry and they wear pants to church and in that way they set a bad example for ppl

Re: SHOULD THERE BE WOMEN PASTORS/ELDERS 3 years 9 months ago #35370

• nayasimon_13
  • Hi this is naya_13
  • Thank you received: 3
No your wrong Ellen white is right The men suppose to do it... The women could witness but she have to take care of her babies ....
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds