Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Please Lay Off public Schools

Re: Please Lay Off public Schools 4 years 1 month ago #33261

  • mknz12
  • mknz12's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Just another one of God's many beloved daughters!
  • Posts: 464
  • Thank you received: 265
Even though I'm homeschooled, I have experience in Adventist schools because of ITBS testing and stuff like that. Just recently I went to a small Adventist school for testing, and in the lunchroom, this girl was singing this kinda innapropriate song out loud so it was kinda like ouch :S
////////////////////////////////////////

You keep me steady when the sky is falling
And I'll keep steady after You,
I'll carry on when my strength is failing
Take heart cause You're with me
So let the stars drop,
Whatever comes I'll be ready
You keep me steady

~for KING & COUNTRY, Steady
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Please Lay Off public Schools 4 years 1 month ago #33439

  • Nickicole
  • Nickicole's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 52
  • Thank you received: 10
ltd144 wrote:
You are right that not all Public Schools are bad and not all private schools are good, but I don't agree with everything you said. You see I go to a private school where there arent clicks (their a few, but over all everyone is friends with everyone). Private schools also have alot to offer too...they are sports, activities, and honors classes (classes for gifted and talented kids who can obtain a minimum GPA of 3.5.) I'm not saying that private schools are perfect either, but I'm afraid what you did was took the one private school you were at and judged all other private schools too. You are right that public schools seem to offer alot, but so do private schools...just let me ask you a few questions--"Do you're teachers talk about God?" mine do quite a lot (and not just the Religion teacher either), "How many kids get in fights--a day?" I have know friends who go to public schools who are so scared because there was fights almost every day some of which were ones where kids hurt teachers. They're are pluses in public schools too, I must admit...more kids to make friends with, more classes to take....etc...
itd144 is totally wrong about public schools having fights all the time. If you've never been to a public school, then why judge it? Don't just take stories from people then say that you believe them, you have to know the facts. Only certain schools have a lot of fights because of the area. Next time, please don't say that, okay?
Nℹ️c
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jesusROCKS1234

Re: Please Lay Off public Schools 4 years 1 month ago #33440

  • Nickicole
  • Nickicole's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 52
  • Thank you received: 10
Yeah, and like I said, don't judge schools, because you've only been to one, or heard of other people's stories.
Nℹ️c
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please Lay Off public Schools 1 year 4 months ago #59829

  • #JesusKnowsMeThisILove
  • #JesusKnowsMeThisILove's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Jesus. Purple. Donuts. Mustaches. Family. Friends.
  • Posts: 45
  • Thank you received: 9
Some of my friends at Church say, "Oh..... right ......you go to a Public School." I would love to go to a Christian School but we also have to consider money. Right?
You may not have a special life.... But you make life special.
Ps. I got that from a TV show!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please Lay Off public Schools 1 year 4 months ago #59978

  • Skite
  • Skite's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Posts: 1132
  • Thank you received: 604
People I understand many of you and your frustration that people are judging you based on if you go to a public school or not, but don't start taking hate on SDA private schools either.

To be honest, I admit, that I don't quite like public schools, and maybe thats because I have been to private SDA schools all my life, but the difference is that there is an Adventist environment in those schools. I am fully aware that swearing, and things like that still exist even in our schools, but do things like having morning worship happen at a public school? Here in my SDA school (in Chile. I just said that so you can be aware of where I am and that the culture is different, but not entirely, but still), we go to church for one period (which is 40 minutes long here) to have a service there, and we sing, listen to a sermon and then go to class. This happens every Tuesday every week, and my SDA school, and this is in fact a high school, receives more alumni who are not Adventist than Adventists, and so we have plenty of opportunities for evangelizing. Well I don't know if my school is private or public or maybe semi-public, but it's Adventist, and we firmly have our own culture and I like this school, and parents from around this town, know it's a good school.

So please guys, don't hate much the SDA private schools, because they are doing their best to give students an Adventist environment, because in a public school, there is zero of that environment, and it's easier for Adventists to slip into the world. I am not saying you are all doomed to that or you will stop being Adventist by going to a public school, but I am saying it will be tougher to be Adventist there.

This is my opinion, and now I await the storm of angry comments. If there is none, then I am happy for that too.

Anyways, have a good day! :)
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please Lay Off public Schools 1 year 4 months ago #59997

@jesusknows, it doesnt really matter what school you go to, in fact i think its a great thing if you go to a public school, i mean shine your light if you do, the only thing that some of us have against public school is certain rampant problems among the non Adventists, i mean take my town for example, its kinda small, and kinda country so to speak, but there is still a cop stationed there, there is a drug problem, and in my county, where there are a total of 72 million people under the age of 18, statistically 5 million will have a child before age 18, so, if we have something against public school its just because of the problems we see, but i believe that us Christians should be in the world, shining a light for Jesus, bringing hope everywhere we go, so if you are in a christian school, great, your parents had the resources to take care of you as well as they possibly could so that you could grow in the faith before being thrown into the world, and if you go to public school, excellent, you are doing what all Christians should be, because we are the salt of the earth, and unless you mix salt in with something else, salt becomes stale and loses its saltiness, but the salt that was thrown into the food, changes the food in such a way that is well nigh impossible to reverse, so if anyone ever has a problem with you because you go to public school, tell them that you are salt, and you are changing the dish of your school.
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please Lay Off public Schools 1 year 4 months ago #60021

  • emmykitty
  • emmykitty's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Don't be lasagna.
  • Posts: 727
  • Thank you received: 309
I go to an Adventist private school :cheer: yes, there is drama (6th grade year was the WORST), but I still like it.


#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please Lay Off public Schools 1 year 4 months ago #60048

  • #JesusKnowsMeThisILove
  • #JesusKnowsMeThisILove's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Jesus. Purple. Donuts. Mustaches. Family. Friends.
  • Posts: 45
  • Thank you received: 9
@nothingturningaside. I agree with you that we have to reach in to the darkness and pull the lost in to the light and I am so happy that you brought that up! No school is perfect. I have heard of kids in Adventist schools who smoke. You are right about Adventist schools having more problems. But if every Adventist was to go to a Adventist school, no progress would be made in our grasp to bring people to Christ. Sometimes just going to a public school can be a blessing. If you represent Christ kids will notice and want to know how? Every school struggles. I believe I was put in a public school because Jesus is using me to bring these kids to Him while they are young and willing. Jesus does everything for a reason.
You may not have a special life.... But you make life special.
Ps. I got that from a TV show!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please Lay Off public Schools 1 year 4 months ago #60203

  • maplesyruphotel9
  • maplesyruphotel9's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Posts: 491
  • Thank you received: 135
I really have nothing against public schools.. :dry: its just I've never gone to a Public school so idk about them but I'm fine with them in general.. :)
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3

BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: SushiCat (My friend and I's channel)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please Lay Off public Schools 1 year 4 months ago #60204

  • maplesyruphotel9
  • maplesyruphotel9's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Posts: 491
  • Thank you received: 135
emmykitty wrote:
I go to an Adventist private school :cheer: yes, there is drama (6th grade year was the WORST), but I still like it.
OH MY GOODNESS SAME 6th grade year was the WORST ever :( I went to a Adventist Private school too....
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3

BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: SushiCat (My friend and I's channel)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please Lay Off public Schools 1 year 3 months ago #60277

  • emmykitty
  • emmykitty's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Don't be lasagna.
  • Posts: 727
  • Thank you received: 309
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
emmykitty wrote:
I go to an Adventist private school :cheer: yes, there is drama (6th grade year was the WORST), but I still like it.
OH MY GOODNESS SAME 6th grade year was the WORST ever :( I went to a Adventist Private school too....
WOAH ya 6th grade year was BAAAAAAD. I lost two of my friends, came back to another one of mine, and there was a WHOLE lot more that shouldn't be said on here (it was that bad)


#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please Lay Off public Schools 1 year 3 months ago #60357

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 963
  • Thank you received: 1139
I think there are problems on all sides. There are people here on guide who think, Ugh, you go to public school! You can't be a Christian there.
Then there are people who go, Well, my family can't afford a private school... But I am a strong Christian despite it.
Then there are people who go, Seriously? You're homeschooled? Homeschoolers are little wimps who dress funny and sit in a corner blabbering to themselves and have no social skills.
There are some people who go to private schools and go, Well, this is the only good way.
We all gotta realise that there is a down side to everything except Jesus. There are some public schooled people who think that private schools and home schooling is bad, and that may have been their personal experience. There are some homeschooled people who have had really poor grades in public school and are awesome students at home. There are all sorts of situations, I can't list them all. Everyone has their experiences and it can't be changed. But no one can say that all home schoolers are idiots. Neither can you say that all public schoolers are evil. Nor can you say that private schools are corrupted. Some may be but never all.
Anyway... My brain is tired lol....
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12, Skite

Please Lay Off public Schools 1 year 3 months ago #60421

  • maplesyruphotel9
  • maplesyruphotel9's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Posts: 491
  • Thank you received: 135
emmykitty wrote:
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
emmykitty wrote:
I go to an Adventist private school :cheer: yes, there is drama (6th grade year was the WORST), but I still like it.
OH MY GOODNESS SAME 6th grade year was the WORST ever :( I went to a Adventist Private school too....
WOAH ya 6th grade year was BAAAAAAD. I lost two of my friends, came back to another one of mine, and there was a WHOLE lot more that shouldn't be said on here (it was that bad)

YESS same!! One of my best friends just stopped being friends with me cuz her cousin was jealous of me and so idk what happened but Yeah it was just a terrible year :side:
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3

BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: SushiCat (My friend and I's channel)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please Lay Off public Schools 1 year 3 months ago #60434

  • mknz12
  • mknz12's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Just another one of God's many beloved daughters!
  • Posts: 464
  • Thank you received: 265
OK, so now that it's later in my life and I've since started going to Christian (non-Adventist) private high school, I have to say that I don't have anything personal against public schools, I think that there are some really wonderful public schools out there, and most of my friends/peers at church attend public school, I only have 1 friend who attends Adventist school and two others who go to the same school I do. I don't have anything against Adventist school either, I can't say much about it because I haven't been in the environment much (we all know that bad things go on at every school, no school is perfect). Homeschooling was a ball, and I loved it— I still have friends who are homeschooled as well; but I never judged anybody who didn't homeschool their kids— like I said, most of the kids and teens at our church go to public school. And finally, I have to say, I love my new school. It isn't perfect, but I feel happy when I go to school and see my friends and my teachers. It's nice to be able to pray to open up a class and to have my biology teacher uphold creationism. So I feel like if someone was in a position where it was available to them, Christian school is worth it. If not, or if you've found a really good public school to attend, that's great too. Like I said, no school is perfect, but God knows exactly where He wants you to be and that's where He'll put you. No matter where you are, you're always there for a reason. :)
////////////////////////////////////////

You keep me steady when the sky is falling
And I'll keep steady after You,
I'll carry on when my strength is failing
Take heart cause You're with me
So let the stars drop,
Whatever comes I'll be ready
You keep me steady

~for KING & COUNTRY, Steady
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite

Re: Please Lay Off public Schools 1 year 1 month ago #62793

  • Peach1
  • Peach1's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, my Bible, my family, and my church
  • Posts: 593
  • Thank you received: 86
tlover3000 wrote:
i dont know about public school but i am isolated at adventist school because i dont curse have a girlfriend or keep up with the latest music. almost every conversation has bleep bleepity bleep or bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Public schools (non-SDA) do LOTS of that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Please Lay Off public Schools 1 year 2 weeks ago #64376

  • sunnyside1
  • sunnyside1's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Posts: 651
  • Thank you received: 425
JustMe wrote:
Public school is great! If anyone says anything bad about it, go see a public school for yourself!

Just don't check one out near me. Two my Sabbath school friends are public schooled and both are trying to resist drugs, semi successfully. And another public schooled friend told me that on her first day, her new friend got a threat to be beaten up. Plus some other stories that are just too disgusting to mention on here.
BUT! That does not mean that ALL public education systems are rated F on city demographics (mine is). And I definitely agree that there are good public schools, I just haven't found one :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds