Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Advice for Freshmens

Advice for Freshmens 1 month 2 days ago #88858

So, I know most of you guys are over 14 years old.
If you could go back to your 9th grade self, what advice would you give? I've been homeschooled up until now, but I'm going to a school next school year. So yeah, please comment down below :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Advice for Freshmens 1 month 2 days ago #88888

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 481
LolingforJesus wrote:
If you could go back to your 9th grade self, what advice would you give? I've been homeschooled up until now, but I'm going to a school next school year. So yeah, please comment down below :)

I wouldn't. Just grow because you learn from mistakes. But I guess if I had to give one it would be to stop caring about what others think because you're insecurity is pulling you down but I think learning from it will be better for you.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Razena, LolingforJesus

Advice for Freshmens 1 month 2 days ago #88894

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Pollo y Papa Frita Philippians 4:13-
  • Thank you received: 209
LolingforJesus wrote:

I'm in 9th grade now... so idk if it counts but i'll do what I know until now

Don't procrastinate, because there is a lot of work in High School, and 9th grade is ur first year in high school so it will be over whelming
Get ready for mid-terms and finals(my mid-terms start (Friday and end Tuesday pray for me please) they are a lot of work and require a lot of studying
Have fun
Watch your grades and keep it up, because colleges will look at the grades u have in high school closely
thats all i got rn

Philippians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Razena, LolingforJesus

Advice for Freshmens 1 month 2 days ago #88898

• InspiredThinker
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1241
I'd tell myself to take high school more seriously. It's where you build the habits that allow you to be successful in college.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Razena, LolingforJesus

Advice for Freshmens 1 month 1 day ago #88905

• Zipfrost64
  • Basketball is the best sport. Don't @ me
  • Thank you received: 39
Just enjoy it. Make as many friends as you can. Be involved in whatever you like doing. Join clubs that you find interesting. Don’t be shy/scared because that’ll ruin your high school years (speaking from experience).

And definitely take classes a bit more seriously. It’ll help you out in the future as a junior or senior when you take the PSAT, SAT, and ACT stuff.

There’s more I could tell you but I’m sure you’ll learn stuff as you go through these next few years.

Forget the king's horses and forget the king's men.
The King is coming back to put us together again.

#Filipino
The following user(s) said Thank You: Razena, jGod8865, LolingforJesus

Advice for Freshmens 1 month 1 day ago #88907

• emmykitty
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Don't be lasagna.
  • Thank you received: 323
I'm a freshie!! LOL here's some advice:
Do NOT date your freshman year. It's not worth it.
Freshie year does matter, so keep your grades up!
If you're going to boarding academy, here's more advice:
Don't get involved with dorm drama (it's all stupid anyhow).
Do your laundry!!!!!
If you can start working your freshman year:
Don't be discouraged if you're working as a janitor; most freshies do.
If you want a job grading for a teacher or working in the business office or such, set it up early!!!!!!

That's all I have for now and if you want more advice, let me know :D

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD

Advice for Freshmens 1 month 1 day ago #88909

• Kwesi
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Thank you received: 1394
Ah highschool the pains and the joys

I will say just be your self

Advice for Freshmens 1 month 17 hours ago #88925

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3133
Top #1 MOST important rule that is true both for freshman year and life in general.

Be confident about who you are. Remember, pretty much EVERYONE is insecure about something, no matter how pretty they look, how athletic they are, how many guys are drawn to them, how good their grades are, hiw nice they're house looks, how many pet gerbils they have.....

I think people are drawn to confident people (at least I know I am). Regardless of what you wear, wear it like you live what your wearing. I've seen people wearing stuff that makes me go "how'd they get away with that??" But at the same time, because they have an air of confidence and/or friendliness, I'm also thinking, "I wish that I could be like them (crazy clothes and all)."

Remember that your character is what will stand out to people on end.

Oh, and be friendly.

And ask the teacher what she's gonna teach ahead of time so that you can study it the day or week before so that when you come to class everything she says will be review for you and you can be ready with questions that you had time to come up the day/week before.

I actually don't know if this would work in high school (I was homeschooled through high school) but it wouldn't hurt to try.

K, I'm done :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: LolingforJesus

Advice for Freshmens 1 month 16 hours ago #88928

Quirky wrote:
Top #1 MOST important rule that is true both for freshman year and life in general.

Be confident about who you are. Remember, pretty much EVERYONE is insecure about something, no matter how pretty they look, how athletic they are, how many guys are drawn to them, how good their grades are, hiw nice they're house looks, how many pet gerbils they have.....

I think people are drawn to confident people (at least I know I am). Regardless of what you wear, wear it like you live what your wearing. I've seen people wearing stuff that makes me go "how'd they get away with that??" But at the same time, because they have an air of confidence and/or friendliness, I'm also thinking, "I wish that I could be like them (crazy clothes and all)."

Oh, and be friendly.

And ask the teacher what she's gonna teach ahead of time so that you can study it the day or week before so that when you come to class everything she says will be review for you and you can be ready with questions that you had time to come up the day/week before.

I actually don't know if this would work in high school (I was homeschooled through high school) but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Yeah I have some insecurity because I don't have many pet gerbils.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Advice for Freshmens 1 month 15 hours ago #88933

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Oh, and be friendly.

That's okay. I don't have any pet gerbils either :(

Advice for Freshmens 1 month 6 hours ago #89012

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1166
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Oh, and be friendly.

#nopetgerbils #scarredforlife #team
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, LolingforJesus

Advice for Freshmens 4 weeks 2 days ago #89033

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Oh, and be friendly.

I want a golden hamster but my parents say no.

Advice for Freshmens 4 weeks 2 days ago #89070

jGod8865 wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Oh, and be friendly.

*sniffs* it's okay, all of us no gerbil and no hamster ppl will get through this difficult time somehow *sniff*

Advice for Freshmens 4 weeks 1 day ago #89071

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
LolingforJesus wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Oh, and be friendly.

*sniffs* it's okay, all of us no gerbil and no hamster ppl will get through this difficult time somehow *sniff*
Yeah

Advice for Freshmens 4 weeks 1 day ago #89082

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
LolingforJesus wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Oh, and be friendly.

I love how the only thing we got out of my advice was that none of us have a pet gerbil. :lol:

Advice for Freshmens 4 weeks 1 day ago #89096

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Oh, and be friendly.

I love how the only thing we got out of my advice was that none of us have a pet gerbil. :lol:

I know right!! :cheer:

Advice for Freshmens 4 weeks 1 day ago #89118

• horsegirl04
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 430
jGod8865 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Oh, and be friendly.

#therandomnessofguide

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 :)

Advice for Freshmens 4 weeks 1 day ago #89133

horsegirl04 wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Oh, and be friendly.

#therandomnessofguide
It was really good advice though, thank you :cheer:

Advice for Freshmens 4 weeks 4 hours ago #89174

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
LolingforJesus wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Oh, and be friendly.

#therandomnessofguide
Wait, are you now referring to her advice, or are you speaking of the gerbil/hamster discussion as being good advice? :blink: #slightlyconfused
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;

Advice for Freshmens 3 weeks 6 days ago #89193

bush possum wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Oh, and be friendly.

#therandomnessofguide
Wait, are you now referring to her advice, or are you speaking of the gerbil/hamster discussion as being good advice? :blink: #slightlyconfused
Lol her advice. The pet gerbil/hamster made me tear up a little... *insert non-existent guide crying emoji*
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum

Advice for Freshmens 3 weeks 5 days ago #89253

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1994
*freshmen
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum

Advice for Freshmens 3 weeks 4 days ago #89267

Mp137 wrote:
*freshmen
:blink:

Advice for Freshmens 3 weeks 4 days ago #89286

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
LolingforJesus wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
*freshmen
No, you're not! You're just human, and humans make mistakes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

Advice for Freshmens 3 weeks 4 days ago #89296

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
bush possum wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
*freshmen

I'm not human I'm Loric

Advice for Freshmens 3 weeks 3 days ago #89312

jGod8865 wrote:
bush possum wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
*freshmen

I'm not human I'm Loric
I-is anyone a human here?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds