Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Paragraph Contest!

Paragraph Contest! 2 years 1 week ago #100595

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Thank you received: 275
Hello everyone!
Here's a cool challenge for everyone who loves to write.
Pick one of these story starters and write 1-5 paragraphs to go with it. Then post it here.
The best paragraphs will win.
Here we go.
  • Suddenly, icy fingers grabbed my arm as I inched through the darkness.
  • I still remember the day I was born.
  • I opened my eyes and had no idea where I was…
  • She’d thought about this moment, imagined it, for years, but she’d never expected what happened…
  • It all started when I accidentally picked up the wrong suitcase at the airport.
“Pray and pray and pray, and if that doesn’t work, listen to what God is telling you to do!” -- random 5 year old.

#greatmindsthinkalike
Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Paragraph Contest! 2 years 1 week ago #100605

• Truffle
  • Thank you received: 1
Is there a deadline or?
Epic Human Being
If you have something against ketchup come talk to me
Someone please clone the Mammoth or Dodo Bird

Paragraph Contest! 2 years 1 week ago #100610

• Readingandrainbows
  • I love writing, piano, and pathfinders
  • Thank you received: 85
BookwormJo wrote:
Hello everyone!
Here's a cool challenge for everyone who loves to write.
Pick one of these story starters and write 1-5 paragraphs to go with it. Then post it here.
The best paragraphs will win.
Here we go.
  • Suddenly, icy fingers grabbed my arm as I inched through the darkness.
  • I still remember the day I was born.
  • I opened my eyes and had no idea where I was…
  • She’d thought about this moment, imagined it, for years, but she’d never expected what happened…
  • It all started when I accidentally picked up the wrong suitcase at the airport.
Looks like fun! I'll start writing and get back to you!

Yes, I do love reading! How did you know?
The following user(s) said Thank You: BookwormJo

Paragraph Contest! 2 years 1 week ago #100613

• emmykitty
  • :)
  • Thank you received: 688
prompt five

Now, kiddo, you may be wondering why I have all of these saltwater tanks lying around my basement, why I have so much ocean memorabilia, and probably why I have as much money as I do. Well... it all started when I accidentally picked up the wrong suitcase at the airport.

I was just a young whippersnapper, only about 19, and I was headed off to Florida by myself in the summer. I was ready to experience the swamps, the beaches, the gators, and, of course, I was going to try to climb up the Epcot ball. I had so many plans, but they were all abruptly changed that day. You see, I was like most regular folk and packed my belongings in a nice, big, black suitcase. I reached the baggage claim, and I picked up the suitcase I thought was mine. Then I made my way to the hotel I had booked, unaware of all that was about to go down.

At my hotel, I decided to open my suitcase, which I thought smelled a little funny. I just thought that it smelled that way because of its time in the cargo compartment of the plane, so I was only mildly worried. Anyway, I unzipped it in order to get to my clothes that were suitable for gator chasing, but my clothes weren't in there! Instead, the suitcase was filled with crabs of all shapes, sizes, colors, you name it! Crabs EVERYWHERE! They were spilling out of the luggage, crabbing their way inside the covers of my bed, down to the floor, into the bathroom... It was a mess.

Listen, you've got to remember that this is when you could put anything in a suitcase and take it on a plane. This was before security checks, 9/11, TSA, all that stuff. I just didn't know who would want to put crabs in a suitcase. What was I to do? Put them back in the suitcase and take them back to the airport? Would I get in trouble? And I didn't want to pick any of those crabs up; I may have been 19, but I was nowhere near manly enough to pick up one of them crabbies and risk being pinched. There was a luggage tag, but it was under two crabs fighting and climbing on top of each other. I was at a total loss.

I gave up and decided to stand on a chair before one of those creatures came at me and used their jabbers to jab me. I probably would have stayed on that chair forever, but I then heard an urgent knock on my door, and I had to get down and tiptoe amongst the crabs to see who it was. Two men dressed in black suits pushed their way in as soon as I opened the door. One stared me down while the other slammed the door shut. They then began to talk to me and explain about why they were there, and what the crabs had to now do with me. I can't tell you exactly what they said; that's confidential, but that day, my life was changed forever. And that's how I started my journey to being the new leader of the Deep Crab Trading System.
.•♫•♬•Love is friendship set to music.•♫•♬•
#MAINEMMYS
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid, BookwormJo, ilovejesus123, Catchild77

Paragraph Contest! 2 years 1 week ago #100615

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Truffle wrote:
Is there a deadline or?
Hmm... how about the end of February?
“Pray and pray and pray, and if that doesn’t work, listen to what God is telling you to do!” -- random 5 year old.

#greatmindsthinkalike
Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration
The following user(s) said Thank You: Truffle, Readingandrainbows

Paragraph Contest! 2 years 1 week ago #100616

• Readingandrainbows
I used number 1:

Suddenly, icy fingers grabbed my arm as I inched through the darkness. It was completely dark, and I was very scared.
It all started one hot July evening when my dad came home from work. "Daddy's home!" Ellie, my little sister exclaimed.
"I have a surprise for everyone!" Dad said as he walked into the house.
"Yay! I love surprises!" Ellie jumped up and down.
"What is it? Please tell us!" I exclaimed.
"After dinner." Dad said firmly.

"Now, mom and I have been talking. I have the next week off, so we can go to your grandparents house, we can go camping, we can..."
"I want to go camping!" Ellie interrupted dad.
"How about that new campsite that just opened up?" I suggested.
"Do you mean Sunshine Forest?" Mom asked.
"Oh yeah, that's it! Can we go? Please!" I begged.
"Well, Mom and I will have to look into it, but if everyone agrees, sure, why not?" Dad replied.
"I want to go!" Ellie pleaded.
"I think that would be nice!" Mom smiled.
"I can't wait!" I shouted.

"There's a hidden treasure?" I asked Stacy, the girl I had met at the campground.
"Well, it's not certain, but there's an old legend that at least one hundred years ago, a man owned this whole forest. He was very rich, and as he was walking through the forest on his way back from his friends house, a bear attacked him, and he was so frightened that he dropped a box full of treasures."
"Where do they think he dropped it?" I asked, wide eyed and excited. "Did he survive?"
"He did survive. He shot the bear dead but couldn't find his treasure box. It supposedly rolled down a hill almost half a mile long and into a hole." Tracy said.
"Do you think we could find it?" I asked.
"Maybe. This forest has only one hill that long. Would you like to look for it with me Hannah? It would be so cool!" Tracy said.
"Well, mom and dad wouldn't like me wandering off." I said.
"Then sneak away in the night!" She replied, her voice full of adventure.

"Help!" I said as I was pulled aside by the strong arm holding me.
"What have I gotten myself into?" I thought. "If only I hadn't listened to Stacy." I almost said out loud.
The hand pulled me through a doorway. There was a dim light. I realized it was coming from a little fireplace in the corner. Suddenly the hand let go, and I turned to see a dirty, unshaven face of an old man.
"Why did you pull me?" I asked as calmly as I could.
A deep voice answered in the darkness.
"I saw a bear stalking you. I didn't mean to frighten you." He said kindly.
I didn't know if I should trust him or not, so I shyly asked if I could go back to the camp.
"I'll bring you back to the camp in the morning. It's too dangerous in the night." He said. "What were you doing anyway?"
I told him why I had wandered off.
"Well, that legend has been passed down for generations. If it is even true, it is probably very exaggerated." He replied.
He let me sleep on a mat in front of the fireplace. I didn't sleep at all, because I was so frightened.
In the morning he walked me back to the camp. I was happily reunited with my family, and never went off on my own, especially in the night again.

Paragraph Contest! 2 years 1 week ago #100621

• IDK358909
  • Thank you received: 2
Suddenly, icy fingers grabbed my arm as I inched through the darkness. I had been looking for the lost treasure of the Aegean King and had traveled to the Aegean Sea to look for the legendary treasure. I felt myself getting pulled downwards into a hole. Then everything went black. I opened my eyes and found myself in a dimly it room. I was in a spaceship, ready for launch. I could hear the rumbling of the engines and felt the centrifugal force as I was thrown back into my seat when the engines started. As soon as I got into space I got up and walked around. I saw a desk, chair, bed, toilet and closet. I heard a beeping sound every second and discovered a timer with 10 seconds left. 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1..0 I felt my self violently pushed toward the back of the ship. I was going at warp speeds and heading straight toward a bright blue neutron star. The engines of the ship suddenly stopped within 30 miles of the star. I could feel the inside temperatures slowly getting hotter and hotter. The ship was caught in the gravitational pull of the star and I was sucked towards it. I knew that this would be my demise. I closed my eyes and let it pull me in. I could feel my skin melting from the heat and I knew death was moments away. I was at peace and could accept this fate. I had actually been near a neutron star and that alone was something no one has ever done on Earth.

Paragraph Contest! 2 years 19 hours ago #100736

• SGirven
  • Human. Writer. Latino. Photographer.
  • Thank you received: 245
awesome!! I will work on these!

Discord: sgir.v#7196

IG: sgir.v

“We are not to deny the authority of the human senses and understanding, although weak, but rather furnish them with assistance.” -Sir Francis Bacon

Paragraph Contest! 1 year 10 months ago #101139

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Thanks to everyone who participated! You all did very well.

I asked my family to help me judge the paragraphs. They all voted for the same one. So, the winner is . . . .
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
! Your story was humorous (which earned a vote from my dad) interesting, and had a cool ending.

Congratulations!!

#greatmindsthinkalike
The following user(s) said Thank You: emmykitty

Paragraph Contest! 1 year 10 months ago #101140

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Here are 6 more story prompts for anyone who wants to participate. Same rules apply. The deadline is March 31, 2021.
  1. He rounded the corner quickly—and collided headfirst with the new school principal.
  2. As they ran across the lawn, it almost felt like they were moving in slow motion
  3. The boy shifted nervously and looked at the police officer. “Well, the reason why I’m actually here is…”
  4. It was a perfect day for a baseball game, so no one expected anything to go wrong…
  5. The teacher stared at the class of unruly kids and wondered what she should do.
  6. “There’s a secret we haven’t told any of you,” the principal said. “Our school is actually a…”
Have fun! :cheer: :cheer:

#greatmindsthinkalike

Paragraph Contest! 1 year 10 months ago #101150

• pathfinder4ever
  • don’t click my profile.. Philippians 4:13
  • Thank you received: 649
The little boy shifted nervously and looked at the police officer. “Well, the reason why I’m actually here is...is because of my mom”.
Tears streamed down the young boys face. Under his faded hoodie and curly matted hair his bright eyes looked up at officer Morgan with a sad look. The Officer knelt down and put a hand on the boys shoulder. Under the blue uniform Stanley Morgan was a very kind hearted man. Nick named the gentle giant, this 6 foot 7 police officer had more love to give than you could imagine. His tender heart was filled with deep compassion for the small boy. He had seen many children in all his years of being an officer, but something about this little boy touched him.
“What’s your name son?” He kindly asked.
“Elliot Hawkson sir”
“How old are you?”
“Eight” Elliot said with a sniff.
Officer Morgan held out a hand to the young boy. He winced looking at all the bruises and scars on his tiny thin hands. After a bit of hesitation, the boy handed his hand to the man. Looking up, He studied officer Morgan’s face. He was a large man, one of the tallest Elliot had ever seen. He had blazing red hair and a gentle smile. Although he did not know him, Elliot decided to trust Officer Morgan. It had been a rough week, but somehow he knew it would all be okay.
Speak for those who have no voice.
Red and yellow...black and white.... We're all precious in His sight....❤️
Any questions? Ask!
-kash (aka pathfinder4ever)
The following user(s) said Thank You: drummerboi

Paragraph Contest! 1 year 10 months ago #101300

• Readingandrainbows
Prompt 5:

The teacher stared at the class of unruly kids and wondered what she should do. One boy, Joshua, the ringleader, stared at her rudely, as if he was daring her to stop him from the mischief he was planning. Miss Carter, the young teacher, had volunteered to take the sixth grade class. This year it seemed that it had worsened, for suddenly, it seemed all the six grade kids in the community had come to the little Adventist school that year. Of course, the school was happy that they were reaching out to the community, but the six grader class was a problem. Already that year, five teachers had given up. Finally, Miss Carter decided to take the job.

"Alright class, open your history textbooks to page 104." She commanded.
Joshua did not obey but stared defiantly at Miss Carter. The other boys sheepishly grinned, and followed his example. Giggling, the girls covered their mouths to try to stifle their laughter. It seemed that the non-Adventist kids were a bad influence on the other kids, and now everyone followed Joshua's example.
"Now class, if you will please read pages 104-110." She again commanded. "When you're done, I will ask some questions, so pay attention to what you read."
Everyone except Carter obeyed. Miss Carter pretended to not see the faces he made at her.

When they silently closed their textbooks, Miss Carter began the questions.
"Anna, what year did the civil war end?"
"1865."
"Joshua," Miss Carter asked, "who was the general of the Union?"
As if he was deaf, he ignored her and popped a piece of gum in his mouth, noisily chewing.
"Joshua, I do not allow you to chew gum in my class. Please go throw it away in the trash can." She commanded.
This disobedience continued for the whole week. Miss Carter managed to survive, but she needed a new plan, fast!

In a few days it would be Valentine's Day. So Miss Carter had her class make Valentine's Day cards.
"Now class, at the bottom write this verse." Miss Carter instructed.
The verse was John 3:16 (For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.). The students busied themselves glueing, cutting, and writing. Miss Carter was amazed to see Joshua actually start working on his valentine. As she walked around, helping her students, she noticed Joshua crying.
"Whatever is the matter, Joshua?" She kindly asked.
"Does God really love me?" He asked.
"Why, yes. He loves you more than even your parents love you."
"Does He love me enough to not..." His voice trailed off.
"What, Joshua?"
"To, to not whip me?" He whispered.
"Do your parents whip you?" She asked, her eyes watering.
"My mom, she died last year, and my dad, he, he whips me when he's drunk, or just whenever he wants to." Came the sad reply.
"Joshua, let's talk more about this later, but everything will be ok." She assured him.

After school that day, Miss Carter and Joshua talked.
"So, Joshua, tell me everything. It is not right for your dad to abuse you." She said.
"Well, my mom died and my father got mad cause he couldn't take care of all of us. Whenever he drinks, he whips me if I even move a muscle." Came the reply. "He sent me here, since it's farther than the public school from our house."
"It's alright, Joshua. We'll help you. And God will help you too."

Paragraph Contest! 1 year 10 months ago #101302

• emmykitty
BookwormJo wrote:
Thanks to everyone who participated! You all did very well.

I asked my family to help me judge the paragraphs. They all voted for the same one. So, the winner is . . . .
! Your story was humorous (which earned a vote from my dad) interesting, and had a cool ending.

Congratulations!!
im like 2 weeks late but thank you!! :lol:
#MAINEMMYS

Paragraph Contest! 1 year 10 months ago #101303

• emmykitty
prompt six

It was yet another Friday assembly. The kids filed in slowly and made their way to their seats, bored at the thought of having to endure a whole sixty boring minutes before they could go to lunch. People clustered up into small groups to chat before being told to go to their seats by the vice principal. Mr. Tall, the principal of Woodland Heights Academy, looked approvingly at Mr. Walker, the vice principal, before beginning to speak into the microphone.

"Good morning, WHA! Welcome to our April 2 chapel program." He paused for a moment to wait for the students to quiet down. "I hope you've been having a good day so far. Let's get started with our preliminaries. Jason Perez will be having our prayer for us." Mr. Tall handed the mic to Jason, who quickly had a short prayer. Then Mr. Tall began to speak again. "Please rise for the Pledge of Allegiance which will be led by Daniel Pitton." The echoes of the allegiance were barely heard outside of the auditorium because of the apparent boredom of the kids. After the pledge, Mr. Tall, as usual, told the students to stay standing while Emma Bocala led the school song. "...Where the heart of nature rests, and the birds so sweetly sing... Woodland Heights Academy--let the heavenly bells ring..." the students mumbled with a lack of enthusiasm. Finally the song was over, and everyone could finally sit down.

Mr. Hall took the microphone again. "And now for our announcements." He clicked the slide clicker, and the all-too-familiar "Campus Ministries" slide came up on the screen. "Pastor Huntley, do you have an announcement for us?" The kids were half asleep by now, and the ones that were sort of awake were fidgeting in their seats, trying to alleviate their boredom. Announcement after announcement dragged by, and nobody was paying much attention anymore, even when Mr. Hall said, "And finally... our last announcement, which is a special one." He paused yet again to gain the students' attention, and he succeeded in getting about a fourth of the chapel to look at him begrudgingly. "There is a secret that we haven't told any of you," he began. Some more students became interested in what he was saying, and a couple of them woke up their friends. "Our school--yes! Our very own school is a contender for the sweepstakes to attend the Harlem Globetrotters game being held in Washington, D.C. in a couple of months!" The students were quite abuzz now; even though many did not care for basketball, the majority did, and a Harlem Globetrotters game was not an everyday experience. Scattered chatter could be heard across the whole auditorium as the children discussed what would happen if their school won! Then Mr. Hall clicked the clicker, showcasing the next slide that said in bright, bold letters: APRIL FOOLS! Mr. Hall laughed and laughed, and some of the kids laughed. All the students were filled with disappointment that there was no basketball game watching in their future, but they were at least a little bit happy that the usually boring chapel had a little bit of spice to it.
#MAINEMMYS

Paragraph Contest! 1 year 9 months ago #101537

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Oops. I forgot the deadline was March 31. :oops:
Oh well. If anyone else wants to add some paragraphs then . . . I guess I'll give the results in a week.

#greatmindsthinkalike

Paragraph Contest! 1 year 9 months ago #101542

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
BookwormJo wrote:
Here are 6 more story prompts for anyone who wants to participate. Same rules apply. The deadline is March 31, 2021.
  1. He rounded the corner quickly—and collided headfirst with the new school principal.
  2. As they ran across the lawn, it almost felt like they were moving in slow motion
  3. The boy shifted nervously and looked at the police officer. “Well, the reason why I’m actually here is…”
  4. It was a perfect day for a baseball game, so no one expected anything to go wrong…
  5. The teacher stared at the class of unruly kids and wondered what she should do.
  6. “There’s a secret we haven’t told any of you,” the principal said. “Our school is actually a…”
I decided to do one of the story starters for fun. I'm not gonna judge myself or anything. :) :cheer:
Ok . . . I picked number 3.

The boy shifted nervously and looked at the police officer. “Well, the reason why I’m actually here is… because I’ve got to confess something.” The officer raised his bushy eyebrows and leaned forward. “Hmm?” “I . . . well . . . I accidentally transported myself back in time.” The officer stared at him for a few seconds and then burst out laughing. “You’re funny, boy. That made my day.” He chuckled.
“What! No! I’m not joking! It’s true!”
The officer’s face straightened. “Now, boy, I don’t have time to play games. I’m a busy man. Go entertain someone else with your wild fantasies.”
“But . . . but . . . “ the boy sputtered. “That’s enough. Go find your parents.” The policeman ushered the boy out and shut the door behind him.

Lennox huffed. His breath blew his long bangs out of his face. “So much for that. How am I going to get back to my time?” He trudged down the hall. Suddenly, a large hand shot out and hauled him into a broom closet. “Hey!” He yelled. The door slammed behind him. “Shhh.” Three pairs of eyes stared at him in the semi-darkness. “Who are you?” His voice shook slightly. “Our identity must remain secret.” A voice hissed. In a quick motion, Lennox whipped his hand up and flicked on his watch’s flashlight.
“Hey! Why’d you do that?” A small girl shrieked. “We must never be discovered here. No one must know that you saw us.” “No one will.” Lennox said calmly. He surveyed her two companions. A huge boy towered over a slight brown-haired girl. “What are your names? And why did you pull me here?” He asked.
“I’m Sophie.” The small girl squeaked. “Those two are Miranda and Brent, my friends.” “Nice to meet you. I’m . . .”
“Lennox. We know.” Miranda said sweetly.

Lennox took a step back. He bumped into a mop and almost overturned its bucket."How do you know me? Are you time travelers?"  Sophie rolled her eyes. "I wish. We heard you talking to the policeman, Mr. Morrison. He's the most ornery fellow I know. You're the first person who has been able to make him laugh." "Okayyy. But all that I said was true. I really transported myself back in time. Not on purpose of course." Lennox blurted. "We believe you. Judging from your strange accent and unusual clothes, you definitely couldn't be from around here." Miranda said. "No offense, but didn't you travel forward in time. I mean, no one wears bootleg jeans anymore. Skinny jeans are the thing now. And a leather jacket? Really? That's not environmentally friendly."Lennox narrowed his eyes. "Skinny jeans are neither comfortable nor healthy. And this is cylroplastine, not leather." Brent held up his hands. "Now's not the time to be arguing about petty things. Let's focus on the bigger problem: how to get Lennox back to his own time." He boomed. "Sorry." Lennox dropped his head. "Wait . . . You're going to help me get back to my own time? How would you do that?" "Let's get back to our hideout before we discuss this," Brent said.  He tapped on the wall, and a panel of wood slid back, revealing a dark opening. "Come on." 

#greatmindsthinkalike

Paragraph Contest! 1 year 8 months ago #101863

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
BookwormJo wrote:

And the winner is . . .

Congratulations!!

#greatmindsthinkalike

Paragraph Contest! 1 year 8 months ago #101868

• pathfinder4ever
BookwormJo wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

And the winner is . . .

Congratulations!!
I was so surprised my jaw dropped!
Thank you, thank you very much haha
Any questions? Ask!

Paragraph Contest! 1 year 8 months ago #101869

• Readingandrainbows
BookwormJo wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
I decided to do one of the story starters for fun. I'm not gonna judge myself or anything. :) :cheer:
Ok . . . I picked number 3.

The boy shifted nervously and looked at the police officer. “Well, the reason why I’m actually here is… because I’ve got to confess something.” The officer raised his bushy eyebrows and leaned forward. “Hmm?” “I . . . well . . . I accidentally transported myself back in time.” The officer stared at him for a few seconds and then burst out laughing. “You’re funny, boy. That made my day.” He chuckled.
“What! No! I’m not joking! It’s true!”
The officer’s face straightened. “Now, boy, I don’t have time to play games. I’m a busy man. Go entertain someone else with your wild fantasies.”
“But . . . but . . . “ the boy sputtered. “That’s enough. Go find your parents.” The policeman ushered the boy out and shut the door behind him.

Lennox huffed. His breath blew his long bangs out of his face. “So much for that. How am I going to get back to my time?” He trudged down the hall. Suddenly, a large hand shot out and hauled him into a broom closet. “Hey!” He yelled. The door slammed behind him. “Shhh.” Three pairs of eyes stared at him in the semi-darkness. “Who are you?” His voice shook slightly. “Our identity must remain secret.” A voice hissed. In a quick motion, Lennox whipped his hand up and flicked on his watch’s flashlight.
“Hey! Why’d you do that?” A small girl shrieked. “We must never be discovered here. No one must know that you saw us.” “No one will.” Lennox said calmly. He surveyed her two companions. A huge boy towered over a slight brown-haired girl. “What are your names? And why did you pull me here?” He asked.
“I’m Sophie.” The small girl squeaked. “Those two are Miranda and Brent, my friends.” “Nice to meet you. I’m . . .”
“Lennox. We know.” Miranda said sweetly.

Lennox took a step back. He bumped into a mop and almost overturned its bucket."How do you know me? Are you time travelers?"  Sophie rolled her eyes. "I wish. We heard you talking to the policeman, Mr. Morrison. He's the most ornery fellow I know. You're the first person who has been able to make him laugh." "Okayyy. But all that I said was true. I really transported myself back in time. Not on purpose of course." Lennox blurted. "We believe you. Judging from your strange accent and unusual clothes, you definitely couldn't be from around here." Miranda said. "No offense, but didn't you travel forward in time. I mean, no one wears bootleg jeans anymore. Skinny jeans are the thing now. And a leather jacket? Really? That's not environmentally friendly."Lennox narrowed his eyes. "Skinny jeans are neither comfortable nor healthy. And this is cylroplastine, not leather." Brent held up his hands. "Now's not the time to be arguing about petty things. Let's focus on the bigger problem: how to get Lennox back to his own time." He boomed. "Sorry." Lennox dropped his head. "Wait . . . You're going to help me get back to my own time? How would you do that?" "Let's get back to our hideout before we discuss this," Brent said.  He tapped on the wall, and a panel of wood slid back, revealing a dark opening. "Come on." 
That’s seems like it would make a great story! Maybe you should write more!

Paragraph Contest! 1 year 8 months ago #101878

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
pathfinder4ever wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

And the winner is . . .

Congratulations!!
:cheer: :cheer: Would you like to choose the next story starters for the contest?

#greatmindsthinkalike

Paragraph Contest! 1 year 8 months ago #101880

• pathfinder4ever
BookwormJo wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

And the winner is . . .

Congratulations!!
:cheer: :cheer: Would you like to choose the next story starters for the contest?
Sure!
1. The small boy uneasily sat after he spoke to his grandparents. Even in the small warm cottage, the crackling fire place and cozy rocking chair was not enough to keep him calm. As he got up to retrieve his small kitten, he felt as if he was being watched. His hesitance to being fearful quickly left him as seemingly out of nowhere cold hands grabbed his arms.....

2. "Ellie, Ellie!" a young girl called out. Elliana had an unsettling feeling she had heard this voice before but could not trace her memory far enough. "Ellie!!" Elliana Preston whisked around to be greeted by a stranger with wide eyes and an eerie smile. As she let out a shriek, she saw something even more unsettling......

3. Sometimes Kiaelle wondered why God didn't give her what she wanted. After all, the simple request for just some warm milk? She turned around and sighed as she watched her younger brother quietly sob. She was quickly distracted by a familiar knock on the front door......

5. The children shyly looked at the new boy after he entered their class. To their surprise, he muttered something in French... "Il faut courir avant l'arrivée des soilders!" The shy boy sitting next to Johnny immediately perked up with wide eyes....

6. Cookies, cake, Ice cream, "Oh noo!" the girl exclaimed. She had forgotten the one thing every birthday party needed. But to her horror she had "replaced" it with something odd; intriguing as it sounds, she had never seen it before.....

7. The year was 1943. Anderson E. Williams had just signed up for the war. As he waved bye to his mother and younger sister from the train platform, he could have never imagined the adventure to come that was before him.....
Any questions? Ask!
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by pathfinder4ever.

Paragraph Contest! 1 year 8 months ago #101883

• Readingandrainbows
pathfinder4ever wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

And the winner is . . .

Congratulations!!
Sure!
1. The small boy uneasily sat after he spoke to his grandparents. Even in the small warm cottage, the crackling fire place and cozy rocking chair was not enough to keep him calm. As he got up to retrieve his small kitten, he felt as if he was being watched. His hesitance to being fearful quickly left him as seemingly out of nowhere cold hands grabbed his arms.....

2. "Ellie, Ellie!" a young girl called out. Elliana had an unsettling feeling she had heard this voice before but could not trace her memory far enough. "Ellie!!" Elliana Preston whisked around to be greeted by a stranger with wide eyes and an eerie smile. As she let out a shriek, she saw something even more unsettling......

3. Sometimes Kiaelle wondered why God didn't give her what she wanted. After all, the simple request for just some warm milk? She turned around and sighed as she watched her younger brother quietly sob. She was quickly distracted by a familiar knock on the front door......

5. The children shyly looked at the new boy after he entered their class. To their surprise, he muttered something in French... "Il faut courir avant l'arrivée des soilders!" The shy boy sitting next to Johnny immediately perked up with wide eyes....

6. Cookies, cake, Ice cream, "Oh noo!" the girl exclaimed. She had forgotten the one thing every birthday party needed. But to her horror she had "replaced" it with something odd; intriguing as it sounds, she had never seen it before.....

7. The year was 1943. Anderson E. Williams had just signed up for the war. As he waved bye to his mother and younger sister from the train platform, he could have never imagined the adventure to come that was before him.....

Prompt 6:

Cookies, cake, Ice cream, "Oh noo!" the girl exclaimed. She had forgotten the one thing every birthday party needed. But to her horror she had "replaced" it with something odd-; intriguing as it sounds, she had never seen it before. Now it was too late. The party was scheduled to start in ten minutes, and there was no way to get birthday candles in time. “But wait! Isn’t this the candles?” She asked herself, as she jumped out of the car, pulling out of the rumpled sack, a small box with some words on it.

Oh well, her friends were waiting inside. She dropped the box back in the bag, and hurried up the concrete walk. “Bye honey! Have a nice time with your friends!” Her mom called from the car. “Bye Mommy!” She called over her shoulder.

As she ran into the bedroom where her two friends, Emma and Ashley were sitting on the floor. “Did you bring the candles? I have the cake.” Emma motioned to something on her bedside table. “No, I think I grabbed the wrong box. I didn’t want my mom to see me taking it, so there was no time to look at what I grabbed.” She continued, “What do you guys think this is?” “Hmm, I don’t know, Clara. Open it.” Ashley suggested.

As she struggled to pry open the box, some weird-looking sticks painted orange on the ends tumbled out. “Ooh, look! Those candles have safe fire on the edges!” Emma exclaimed. “Those definitely have fire on the ends, girls.” Emma’s mom snatched up the box and it’s contents. “These are matches. And you are never to use matches for candles for your dolls birthday party again.”

And that’s how Emma, Ashley, and Clara learned what matches are.

Paragraph Contest! 1 year 8 months ago #101884

• pathfinder4ever
Readingandrainbows wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

And the winner is . . .

Congratulations!!
Sure!

Prompt 6:

Cookies, cake, Ice cream, "Oh noo!" the girl exclaimed. She had forgotten the one thing every birthday party needed. But to her horror she had "replaced" it with something odd-; intriguing as it sounds, she had never seen it before. Now it was too late. The party was scheduled to start in ten minutes, and there was no way to get birthday candles in time. “But wait! Isn’t this the candles?” She asked herself, as she jumped out of the car, pulling out of the rumpled sack, a small box with some words on it.

Oh well, her friends were waiting inside. She dropped the box back in the bag, and hurried up the concrete walk. “Bye honey! Have a nice time with your friends!” Her mom called from the car. “Bye Mommy!” She called over her shoulder.

As she ran into the bedroom where her two friends, Emma and Ashley were sitting on the floor. “Did you bring the candles? I have the cake.” Emma motioned to something on her bedside table. “No, I think I grabbed the wrong box. I didn’t want my mom to see me taking it, so there was no time to look at what I grabbed.” She continued, “What do you guys think this is?” “Hmm, I don’t know, Clara. Open it.” Ashley suggested.

As she struggled to pry open the box, some weird-looking sticks painted orange on the ends tumbled out. “Ooh, look! Those candles have safe fire on the edges!” Emma exclaimed. “Those definitely have fire on the ends, girls.” Emma’s mom snatched up the box and it’s contents. “These are matches. And you are never to use matches for candles for your dolls birthday party again.”

And that’s how Emma, Ashley, and Clara learned what matches are.
That’s so cutee!
Any questions? Ask!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Readingandrainbows

Paragraph Contest! 1 year 8 months ago #101893

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
pathfinder4ever wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

And the winner is . . .

Congratulations!!
Sure!

When’s the deadline, pathfinder4ever?
Number 2.

Ellie, Ellie!" a young girl called out. Elliana had an unsettling feeling she had heard this voice before but could not trace her memory far enough. "Ellie!!" Elliana Preston whisked around to be greeted by a stranger with wide eyes and an eerie smile. As she let out a shriek, she saw something even more unsettling . . . the girl looked exactly like her. Ellie backed away, eyes fixed on the mysterious girl. “Ok ok. I must be dreaming. Calm down, Elliana.” She told herself. “Don’t be afraid of me. I won’t hurt you.” The girl said. “Who . . . who are you?” Ellie stammered, still backing away. “Careful.” The girl reached toward her. Ellie shrank back. Suddenly, she felt the earth drop away from her feet. She tumbled down a small grassy hill. “Ouch.” Ellie groaned, sitting up and rubbing her head. “Uh oh. Are you okay.” The girl asked, running towards her. “Yeah.” Ellie said, slowly standing up. “I’m Ariel. You can call me Ari.”
“And I’m . . .” Elianna paused, realizing that the girl had called her name. “How did you know me?” Ari smiled. “I’ve always known you.” “But . . . how?”
Ari’s smile faded slightly. “Oh. So you really don’t remember.” She sighed. Ellie raised her eyebrows. “Come on! We have to leave here right now! It’s not safe anymore!” Ari’s happy mood evaporated and was replaced with terror. “What!”
“There’s not enough time to talk now. Come on!” Ari turned and began to run up the hill. Ellie hesitated. “Please, trust me!” Ari yelled. Ellie spurred herself into a sprint. She followed Ari through the streets, whipping around buildings, and dashing through gaps in traffic. Suddenly, Ari stopped in front of a green taxi. She flung open the door and jumped in. “Come on!” She whisper yelled. “No way! I’m not moving from here until you tell me what the danger is and where we’re going.” Ellie asserted. Ari sighed. “Someone is trying to kidnap you, Ellie.” Ellie quirked an eyebrow. “Really? Cause it seems like you’re the one trying to kidnap me.” “No! Listen! I’m trying to get you to safety, until it’s time for you to be . . . .” Suddenly, Ari’s eyes widened and she slapped a hand over her mouth. “What!” Ellie pressed. Ari shook her head, still covering her mouth. “I can’t tell you. For your own safety. Please, you have to trust me. We need to hurry to safety.” Ellie narrowed her eyes. “How am I supposed to trust you. You’re practically a stranger to me.” “I knew your mom.” Ari said. Ellie froze. “Her name was Aelizabeth Redan Preston. She had bright blue eyes, just like you, and a wild mane of auburn hair.” Faint flickers of a memory stirred in Eliana’s brain.
A soft lullaby. Ocean blue eyes. Candle light. And screams.
Just as suddenly as it came, the memory faded away.
“Alright.” Ellie sighed, climbing into the cab. “But you must promise me that you’ll be honest with me.” Ari nodded and slammed the door. “Got your seat belts on?” The driver asked. “Yes.” They chorused. He winked at them through the rear view mirror. “Hold on tight!” The cab raced off, swerving through lanes of traffic. Ellie was slammed against the door, and then jolted forward. She screamed and held on to the door handle for dear life. The tires screeched as it threaded it’s way through the jammed road. Ellie nearly tumbled from her seat. She grabbed Ari’s hand and squeezed it tightly. Horns blared behind them. Sirens started to wail. “Won’t . . . you . . . slow down.” Ellie gasped out. “Sorry ma’am. I have to get you out of here as quickly as I can.” The driver said. The car veered onto another road. The smell of burning rubber filled the air. Ellie pressed her eyes shut. A few minutes later, the erratic jouncing of the car stopped and they rolled to a stop. Ellie slowly peeled her eyes open. Ari sat beside her, calm and unruffled. “How did you survive this ride?” Ellie squeaked. “Oh, I got used to Joe’s crazy driving after a while.” Ari chuckled. “Hey! You told me “top-speed.” Joe protested. “And thank you very much.” Ari smiled, before hopping out of the car. “You are welcome m’ladies.” Ellie stumbled out on wobbly legs. “Where are we?” She whispered, gazing around. Tall stalks of corn waved from huge fields. Borders of evergreens surrounded them, whispering in the gentle breeze. “You’ll see.” Ari grinned. She parted the corn stalks and stepped onto a hidden walkway.

#greatmindsthinkalike

Paragraph Contest! 1 year 8 months ago #101901

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 707
BookwormJo wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

And the winner is . . .

Congratulations!!
Sure!

When’s the deadline, pathfinder4ever?
Number 2.

Ellie, Ellie!" a young girl called out. Elliana had an unsettling feeling she had heard this voice before but could not trace her memory far enough. "Ellie!!" Elliana Preston whisked around to be greeted by a stranger with wide eyes and an eerie smile. As she let out a shriek, she saw something even more unsettling . . . the girl looked exactly like her. Ellie backed away, eyes fixed on the mysterious girl. “Ok ok. I must be dreaming. Calm down, Elliana.” She told herself. “Don’t be afraid of me. I won’t hurt you.” The girl said. “Who . . . who are you?” Ellie stammered, still backing away. “Careful.” The girl reached toward her. Ellie shrank back. Suddenly, she felt the earth drop away from her feet. She tumbled down a small grassy hill. “Ouch.” Ellie groaned, sitting up and rubbing her head. “Uh oh. Are you okay.” The girl asked, running towards her. “Yeah.” Ellie said, slowly standing up. “I’m Ariel. You can call me Ari.”
“And I’m . . .” Elianna paused, realizing that the girl had called her name. “How did you know me?” Ari smiled. “I’ve always known you.” “But . . . how?”
Ari’s smile faded slightly. “Oh. So you really don’t remember.” She sighed. Ellie raised her eyebrows. “Come on! We have to leave here right now! It’s not safe anymore!” Ari’s happy mood evaporated and was replaced with terror. “What!”
“There’s not enough time to talk now. Come on!” Ari turned and began to run up the hill. Ellie hesitated. “Please, trust me!” Ari yelled. Ellie spurred herself into a sprint. She followed Ari through the streets, whipping around buildings, and dashing through gaps in traffic. Suddenly, Ari stopped in front of a green taxi. She flung open the door and jumped in. “Come on!” She whisper yelled. “No way! I’m not moving from here until you tell me what the danger is and where we’re going.” Ellie asserted. Ari sighed. “Someone is trying to kidnap you, Ellie.” Ellie quirked an eyebrow. “Really? Cause it seems like you’re the one trying to kidnap me.” “No! Listen! I’m trying to get you to safety, until it’s time for you to be . . . .” Suddenly, Ari’s eyes widened and she slapped a hand over her mouth. “What!” Ellie pressed. Ari shook her head, still covering her mouth. “I can’t tell you. For your own safety. Please, you have to trust me. We need to hurry to safety.” Ellie narrowed her eyes. “How am I supposed to trust you. You’re practically a stranger to me.” “I knew your mom.” Ari said. Ellie froze. “Her name was Aelizabeth Redan Preston. She had bright blue eyes, just like you, and a wild mane of auburn hair.” Faint flickers of a memory stirred in Eliana’s brain.
A soft lullaby. Ocean blue eyes. Candle light. And screams.
Just as suddenly as it came, the memory faded away.
“Alright.” Ellie sighed, climbing into the cab. “But you must promise me that you’ll be honest with me.” Ari nodded and slammed the door. “Got your seat belts on?” The driver asked. “Yes.” They chorused. He winked at them through the rear view mirror. “Hold on tight!” The cab raced off, swerving through lanes of traffic. Ellie was slammed against the door, and then jolted forward. She screamed and held on to the door handle for dear life. The tires screeched as it threaded it’s way through the jammed road. Ellie nearly tumbled from her seat. She grabbed Ari’s hand and squeezed it tightly. Horns blared behind them. Sirens started to wail. “Won’t . . . you . . . slow down.” Ellie gasped out. “Sorry ma’am. I have to get you out of here as quickly as I can.” The driver said. The car veered onto another road. The smell of burning rubber filled the air. Ellie pressed her eyes shut. A few minutes later, the erratic jouncing of the car stopped and they rolled to a stop. Ellie slowly peeled her eyes open. Ari sat beside her, calm and unruffled. “How did you survive this ride?” Ellie squeaked. “Oh, I got used to Joe’s crazy driving after a while.” Ari chuckled. “Hey! You told me “top-speed.” Joe protested. “And thank you very much.” Ari smiled, before hopping out of the car. “You are welcome m’ladies.” Ellie stumbled out on wobbly legs. “Where are we?” She whispered, gazing around. Tall stalks of corn waved from huge fields. Borders of evergreens surrounded them, whispering in the gentle breeze. “You’ll see.” Ari grinned. She parted the corn stalks and stepped onto a hidden walkway.

It's missing something...

That's an interesting story.
Time to create page: 0.416 seconds