Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!!

I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!! 1 month 5 days ago #85214

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2916
K, so this topic is kinda geared towards im a beekeeper mostly cause he's the only beekeeper I "know", but anyone can answer (obviously).

Lately (like, since yesterday) I've been thinking about the idea of beekeeping, mostly for honey production. It sounds fun and and it would really cut down on the cost of buying honey (that stuff is EXPENSIVE). Anywho, can anyone give me some insight on what its like to bee a beekeeper? Is it fun? Pricey? Really hard/easy? I wanna know!! :woohoo:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!! 1 month 5 days ago #85218

Um how much honey do you need???? :huh:

I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!! 1 month 4 days ago #85224

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
Well, we're starting to try to lay off on the sugar and the only other healthy-ish sweetener (besides honey) that we would use would be maple syrup or agave nectar and out of the three honey sounds like the easiest thing to "make" ourselves and we all LOVE honey on our toast (meaning we use a lot of it) sooo, to answer your question....

A lot :P

I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!! 1 month 4 days ago #85229

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 108
Is beekeeping pricey- IDK
Is beekeeping had/easy- IDK

Am I a beekeeper- No

Why are you responding to this chat- IDK

I hope this has helped u
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!! 1 month 4 days ago #85237

• horsegirl04
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 346
Cool, I don't know anything about bees :P

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
#IMPORTANT #STVERNOISAGRIL #HASHTAGMOVEMENT

I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!! 1 month 4 days ago #85238

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1012
Quirky wrote:
Well, we're starting to try to lay off on the sugar and the only other healthy-ish sweetener (besides honey) that we would use would be maple syrup or agave nectar and out of the three honey sounds like the easiest thing to "make" ourselves and we all LOVE honey on our toast (meaning we use a lot of it) sooo, to answer your question....

You do realise that honey is much more concentrated than normal sugar, so it's not a super healthy alternative...?
And @beekeeper! Where are you?!
God allows us to feel the frailty of human love so we'll appreciate the strength of His.
~C. S. Lewis~
Ephesians 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by bush possum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!! 1 month 4 days ago #85248

• missionarykid
  • I'm MK. Call me MK.
  • Thank you received: 548
Beekeeper??? this topic is for you..

Stverno is a FEMALE. I am a FEMALE too.

MINISTRY CHAT: us21.chatzy.com/67264006884418

I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!! 1 month 4 days ago #85250

• im a beekeeper
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Fellow fruit loop :P
  • Thank you received: 186
Quirky wrote:
K, so this topic is kinda geared towards im a beekeeper mostly cause he's the only beekeeper I "know", but anyone can answer (obviously).

Lately (like, since yesterday) I've been thinking about the idea of beekeeping, mostly for honey production. It sounds fun and and it would really cut down on the cost of buying honey (that stuff is EXPENSIVE). Anywho, can anyone give me some insight on what its like to bee a beekeeper? Is it fun? Pricey? Really hard/easy? I wanna know!! :woohoo:

That's awesome!! Beekeeper is really a great thing to do. You will be surprised of how much you learn about them after a little time of beekeeping. That's one of the things I really like about being a beekeeper. Beekeeping is super fun and exciting! It is kinda pricey. I can give you places to get supplies that are the cheapest and best I could find. And it isn't too hard. But, unless you use only medium and small boxes as some beekeeper do, you will have to lift hive bodies that will weigh around 80 lb. And if you do get into it I could give you tips on some stuff I learned starting out.

guidecyberclub.org/beekeeper

I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!! 1 month 4 days ago #85251

• im a beekeeper
  • NOW ONLINE
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:

You do realise that honey is much more concentrated than normal sugar, so it's not a super healthy alternative...?
And @beekeeper! Where are you?!
I didn't see this topic lol

I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!! 1 month 3 days ago #85259

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
im a beekeeper wrote:
Quirky wrote:

That's awesome!! Beekeeper is really a great thing to do. You will be surprised of how much you learn about them after a little time of beekeeping. That's one of the things I really like about being a beekeeper. Beekeeping is super fun and exciting! It is kinda pricey. I can give you places to get supplies that are the cheapest and best I could find. And it isn't too hard. But, unless you use only medium and small boxes as some beekeeper do, you will have to lift hive bodies that will weigh around 80 lb. And if you do get into it I could give you tips on some stuff I learned starting out.

Cool! I would love to get whatever information you have :cheer:
Last Edit: 1 month 3 days ago by Quirky.

I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!! 1 month 13 hours ago #85318

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
Kwesi wrote:
Quirky wrote:
im a beekeeper wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Beekeeping is not easy
In order to produce 1 pound of honey, 2 million flowers must be visited. A hive of bees must fly 55,000 miles to produce a pound of honey. One bee colony can produce 60 to 100 pounds of honey per year. An average worker bee makes only about 1/12 teaspoon of honey in its lifetime.

Wow.

...I still wanna do it though :silly:

I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!! 1 month 8 hours ago #85352

well, at least here in Colorado, beekeeping isnt that expensive, initial costs for high quality stuff can be as high as $500, but after that the cost lowers considerably
(my boss is a beekeeper)
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!! 4 weeks 1 day ago #85396

• im a beekeeper
  • NOW ONLINE
Quirky wrote:
im a beekeeper wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Alright, I'll try to get some tips and stuff together for you this week. But I'll be busy so I'm not sure if I will have time to or not.

Last Edit: 4 weeks 14 hours ago by im a beekeeper.

I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!! 3 weeks 6 days ago #85430

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
im a beekeeper wrote:
Quirky wrote:
im a beekeeper wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Alright, I'll try to get some tips and stuff together for you this week. But I'll be busy so I'm not sure if I will have time to or not.

Take your time ;)

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!! 3 weeks 3 days ago #85537

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
Kwesi wrote:
Quirky wrote:
im a beekeeper wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Beekeeping is not easy
In order to produce 1 pound of honey, 2 million flowers must be visited. A hive of bees must fly 55,000 miles to produce a pound of honey. One bee colony can produce 60 to 100 pounds of honey per year. An average worker bee makes only about 1/12 teaspoon of honey in its lifetime.
Someone who made use of Mr. Google ;)
God allows us to feel the frailty of human love so we'll appreciate the strength of His.
~C. S. Lewis~
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!! 3 weeks 2 days ago #85546

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
Kwesi wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Quirky wrote:
im a beekeeper wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Beekeeping is not easy
Yeah it was Google I don't see nothing wrong with that. Can you tell me how that is wrong?
Never said it was wrong :) I just found it humourous because of all the information packed into the tiny paragraph lol
~C. S. Lewis~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, horsegirl04

I (might) want to bee a bekeeper!! 1 week 1 day ago #86162

• Tuftedtitmouse
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Thank you received: 70
Kwesi wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Quirky wrote:
im a beekeeper wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Beekeeping is not easy
Yeah it was Google I don't see nothing wrong with that. Can you tell me how that is wrong?
Never said it was wrong :) I just found it humourous because of all the information packed into the tiny paragraph lol
Ok good, Can't find anything humurous but okay :)

Just sayin, but beekeeping isn't that hard... just because its hard for bees doesn't mean its hard for you... and yes, I do have bees. :)
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds