Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why is there a relationship page? Also why is there not a politics page?

Why is there a relationship page? Also why is there not a politics page? 1 month 1 week ago #84920

• SGirven
  • Thank you received: 3
On the relationship page, there is lots of stuff that I don't think is good. Do the moderators even pay any attention to that page?

Why is there not a politics page instead?!
Samuel. G
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Why is there a relationship page? Also why is there not a politics page? 1 month 1 week ago #84956

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1012
SGirven wrote:
On the relationship page, there is lots of stuff that I don't think is good. Do the moderators even pay any attention to that page?

Why is there not a politics page instead?!
Hey, SGirven! Welcome to Guide!
First things first, Guide discussion forum is a place for SDA kids to hang out and chat. It's not really aimed at discussing politics, although it sometimes happens. We have a lots of different political views on here, so if you want to discuss politics, it's a good idea to be very tactful as we also have some short tempers.... we do have a "Current Events" folder, which is often including political stuff.
God allows us to feel the frailty of human love so we'll appreciate the strength of His.
~C. S. Lewis~
Ephesians 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, horsegirl04, emmy01, im a beekeeper, SGirven

Why is there a relationship page? Also why is there not a politics page? 1 month 1 week ago #84964

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2916
And about the relationships, can you let us know what you don't find very good? If its something that you don't think is age appropriate I'm sure that we can find a way to make it better :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, horsegirl04, emmy01, SGirven

Why is there a relationship page? Also why is there not a politics page? 1 month 1 week ago #84970

• emmy01
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Thank you received: 612
I agree with @bush and @Quirky...

The politics page (to me) seems like a bad idea, simply because...well...go to any politics topics (aka, "Donald Trump" etc.) and you will see that politics definitely brings out the worst in people...so I feel like the decision to leave out a politics section is a good one. Plus, there is the "Current Events" section where you could post whatever opinions you have on politics there. But, like bush said, please remember to keep it nice! :)

About the relationships section...relationships are a real problem. Although you may not necessarily have any problems with relationships, other kids do, and while I wouldn't post my personal problems on this site, I think it's great that we can all be there for one another when someone needs advice.

That being said, welcome to Guide, SG! Can I call you that? I hope you have a great time on here and stick around for a while! :)
If you hold someone's heart in your hands,
It joins with yours and separates the arrows of war.

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, bush possum, missionarykid, horsegirl04

Why is there a relationship page? Also why is there not a politics page? 1 month 1 week ago #84978

• missionarykid
  • I'm MK. Call me MK.
  • Thank you received: 548
Agreed with all of the above.

The politics page would be very....to say the least....chaotic. Based on some of the other posts discussing politics we have had it has gotten crazy at some points. And not just political posts. SOmetimes it is just regular posts that become debates or "discussions". We do sometimes have short tempers.

The relationship page.. hmm.. I don't know why we have that tbh. I think it is just for people who want advice about relationship-related stuff. And I agree. I have seen some inappropriate stuff on there. There is also somewhere on this forum where one of the mods said that Guide is not a dating site.

As bush said, this is and SDA site targeted at people ages 10-14.

And... Welcome to Guide, blah blah blah, everyone is awesome, blah blah blah, respect the mods, blah blah blah, I'm MK, blah blah blah, welcome to the Kingdom of GUidesteria. A Kingdom full of cool, crazy, fun, awesome peoples.

~MK

Stverno is a FEMALE. I am a FEMALE too.

MINISTRY CHAT: us21.chatzy.com/67264006884418
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by missionarykid. Reason: spelling error lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04, emmy01, SGirven

Why is there a relationship page? Also why is there not a politics page? 1 month 1 week ago #85018

• horsegirl04
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 346
I agree with everyone

there is a current events page, you can use that

*inserts informal into*

-horsegirl

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
#IMPORTANT #STVERNOISAGRIL #HASHTAGMOVEMENT
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid

Why is there a relationship page? Also why is there not a politics page? 1 month 1 week ago #85024

• SGirven
emmy01 wrote:

The politics page (to me) seems like a bad idea, simply because...well...go to any politics topics (aka, "Donald Trump" etc.) and you will see that politics definitely brings out the worst in people...so I feel like the decision to leave out a politics section is a good one. Plus, there is the "Current Events" section where you could post whatever opinions you have on politics there. But, like bush said, please remember to keep it nice! :)

About the relationships section...relationships are a real problem. Although you may not necessarily have any problems with relationships, other kids do, and while I wouldn't post my personal problems on this site, I think it's great that we can all be there for one another when someone needs advice.

That being said, welcome to Guide, SG! Can I call you that? I hope you have a great time on here and stick around for a while! :)

Thanks! And, yes you can call me SG. I'm just expressing my opinion.
Samuel. G
The following user(s) said Thank You: emmy01

Why is there a relationship page? Also why is there not a politics page? 1 month 1 week ago #85027

• SGirven
I also could agree with @MK
Samuel. G

Why is there a relationship page? Also why is there not a politics page? 1 month 1 week ago #85057

• emmy01
SGirven wrote:
emmy01 wrote:

Thanks! And, yes you can call me SG. I'm just expressing my opinion.
I know that's just your opinion, and I'm respectful of that. :)

I think it's so awesome that God made us with different minds that have different ways of working, you know? It's incredible! Like, I'm not into sharing stuff on relationships. But I do really like debates. Civil debates, that is. And other people are completely different from me! I think it's so cool how amazingly creative God is in creating kajillions of people that all have different personalities!

Note: this was not a scientifically based estimate.

Anyway. You'll hear me say that a lot around here, so just get used to it! :lol: Actually, I don't know...hey guys, do I say it a lot?

I don't know. Anyway, point being...well, you can see the point.

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement

Why is there a relationship page? Also why is there not a politics page? 1 month 1 week ago #85076

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
@emmy01, do you mean the word kajillion? If so, I've never (cyber)heard you say that word :silly:

Why is there a relationship page? Also why is there not a politics page? 1 month 1 week ago #85129

• emmy01
Quirky wrote:
@emmy01, do you mean the word kajillion? If so, I've never (cyber)heard you say that word :silly:
Lol!

No, not kajillion...I meant that I tend to gravitate towards the subject of everyone's diverse personalities and how amazing they are... :lol:

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD

Why is there a relationship page? Also why is there not a politics page? 1 month 1 week ago #85150

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
emmy01 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Lol!

No, not kajillion...I meant that I tend to gravitate towards the subject of everyone's diverse personalities and how amazing they are... :lol:

Oh yeah, you do that all the time :side:

Why is there a relationship page? Also why is there not a politics page? 1 month 3 days ago #85265

• Stverno
  • NOW ONLINE
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Thank you received: 982
Aye, all mods!

Just wanted to let you know that bars, pubs, and the like are generally not approved of in the Seventh Day Adventist Church. Because this website is affiliated with the SDA church, I'd advise us all to stay away from those types of subjects :)

NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, bush possum, missionarykid
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds