Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Books

Books 3 months 2 weeks ago #84042

• SkeleBoy10
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 60
So, what are your favorite books? My favorites would be,

1: "The Fault In Our Stars"

This novel, by John Green, is about Hazel Grace Lancaster, a 16 year old girl with stage four thyroid cancer that has spread to her lungs. Thanks to a new treatment, she's got a few more years. Her mother, believing she is depressed though, sends Hazel to a weekly support group that meets in a church basement. In the support group, she meets Augustus Waters, who is now cancer free, but used to have bone cancer. The story follows Hazel's journey with Augustus, from them becoming friends, to more then friends.

2: "Speed of Life"
This novel, by Carol Weston, is about Sophia Wolfe, whose mom died eight months before the start of the book. This leaves her struggling hard, so she emails an advice columnist for Fifteen Magazine, "Dear Kate". Soon, they are writing to each other fairly often, but then Sophie learns a secret that is about to turn her world upside down. The story starts and ends on January 1, documenting one year in her life.

"Threads"
The book, "Threads," by Ami Polonsky, follows Clara, a young twelve year old who just lost her adopted sister six weeks before the novel starts, due to bone cancer.
One day, while walking in a mall, in a purse shop, she finds a green purse with a photograph and a note inside it from a girl named Yuming.
Yuming claims she has been kidnapped and taken to an isolated work factory with very harsh and abusive conditions hours away from Beijing.
The book follows Clara and Yuming's lives as they intertwine with invisible threads.

"Stormwalker"

Mike Revell is the author, and it is about a boy, Owen Smith, whose mother died. He's gotten over it, but his dad hasn't. He never shows up for his soccer games, doesn't seem happy, and just sad all the time, he even stopped writing stories. Owen thinks that getting him to write will make him happy again, but then realizes the his dad makes he story, and the lives out every word. Every time his dad sends a pen to paper, he gets transported to his dad's story.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by SkeleBoy10.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Books 3 months 2 weeks ago #84066

• CherryBomb
  • I am a gymnast, I love Jesus, I love cats!
  • Thank you received: 21
ok so i know this is TOTALLY of topic but... you play roblox??? :woohoo: my username in roblox is kittycat99100 or, VipergirlsXXX
____"Now is our chance to choose the right side. God is holding back to give us that chance. It won't last forever. We must take it or leave it." - C.S Lewis_____ Our fingers have fingertips, but our toes don't have toe tips... yet we can tip toe._____

Books 3 months 2 weeks ago #84081

• nadcombo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 48
well, I'm not much of a novel reader, but I like the book finest hour-- not the movie :sick: --- I also like dirt wheels magazine, dirt bike magazine, motor trend, and model railroad magazine.
COUNTRY'S GOOD OK!!! IF YA DONT BELIVE ME?! listen to three wooden crosses, and what ifs, and drunk on you, and forever country. THATS MY opinion...

results may very......

Books 3 months 2 weeks ago #84132

• TravelPastel
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 604
Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. She makes a sequel called Salt To The Sea which is even more page-turning. I never want to sleep when I read those.

The Fault In Our Stars is such a tear jerker x,(

Waaah, I love books and reading <3
too lazy to have a fancy signature rip
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
Also don't look at my profile cause I definitely didn't put my birthday (year) there now

Books 3 months 2 weeks ago #84354

• Blue Tornado
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 833
CherryBomb wrote:
ok so i know this is TOTALLY of topic but... you play roblox??? :woohoo: my username in roblox is kittycat99100 or, VipergirlsXXX

Sent you a friend request to both accounts. I'm BlueTorn.

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: rip
Roblox: BlueTorn

Books 2 months 2 weeks ago #85589

• Sk8er4God
  • Allons-y!
  • Thank you received: 256
The Lunar Chronicles
This entire series is AMAZING!! Basically, it's a retelling of classic fairytales, but in the future. With spaceships and cyborgs and stuff. And it's really, really good
M-mental
A-abuse
T-to
H-humans

Just kidding I like math.

Books 2 months 2 weeks ago #85595

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 467
My favorite book is Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health because it is the most smart and reasonable book you'll ever read. I suggest it for anyone who has a functioning brain. Please go take a look. Also it costs $100 a page.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid

Books 2 months 2 weeks ago #85619

I have read many books (bookworm :P) and haven't really thought about a favorite book/series.

1. The Bond
A story of three doctors who become friends. THey all have a broken relationship with their father from their childhood and the book is about them growing up, healing from that and rebuilding that friendship with their dads. A very interesting book that I would recommend.

2. Gifted Hands
Story of Dr. Ben Carson. I would also recommend his wife's point of view in the book, "Doctor in the House". Recommend both books.

As I said before, I have read many books and love a lot of them. I chose these two books because I have read them the most and would definitely recommend them.

~MK

Books 2 months 2 weeks ago #85621

Kwesi wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
I have read many books (bookworm :P) and haven't really thought about a favorite book/series.

1. The Bond
A story of three doctors who become friends. THey all have a broken relationship with their father from their childhood and the book is about them growing up, healing from that and rebuilding that friendship with their dads. A very interesting book that I would recommend.

2. Gifted Hands
Story of Dr. Ben Carson. I would also recommend his wife's point of view in the book, "Doctor in the House". Recommend both books.

As I said before, I have read many books and love a lot of them. I chose these two books because I have read them the most and would definitely recommend them.

~MK

Do you want to do something in medicine
possibly. But that's not the reason why i chose those books. I chose them because they are interesting and I enjoy reading them.
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds